[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one that finds this anime unintentionally hilarious?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

Am I the only one that finds this anime unintentionally hilarious?

A lot scenes with the titans just crack me the fuck up, is like a entire anime made out of reaction pics from 4chan, that or character being killed in a really funny way.

>two characters are talking while on a horse.
>character looks away from a second then looks bad at the other person.
>the other person out of nowhere is being eaten by a titan.
>the horse face is all ''Sorry my bad, should have seen that one coming!''
>>
lol just got caught up on the anime and manga today and saw that scene
the titans seem too goofy to be scary sometimes and the anime often doesn't seem to do a great job of conveying their scale
>>
>>158923486
during the first episodes of season 2, when a group of titans, one stops, looks at the main characters, jumps like doing like a spin or some shit and then starts chasing the characters

how is that mean not to be funny???
>>
>>158923888

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6R-ojy8xBQ

Something that is true is that the anime make the titans look too small, the "15 meters" titans always look like they're only 8 meters
>>
File: horse.webm (623KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
horse.webm
623KB, 1280x720px
>>158922611
it's a comedy anime
>>
>>158922611
I'm pretty sure two of the deaths during the Reiner chase (>>158924389 and the guy who was eaten right infront of Erwin) were played for comedy. It only seems to be a "serious" death if the face is zoomed in on and they start screaming about their regrets and guilt.
>>
Most of the titans look goofy as fuck.

Like the Stallman titan.
>>
>>158924389
HOLY SHIT!!! MY SIDES!!!
>>
File: 1486262464758.png (666KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1486262464758.png
666KB, 666x666px
>>158924389
Holy shit. I'm gonna die.
>>
File: 1.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>158924748
That was a great day on /g/.
>>
>>158922611
It's all intentional, so of course not. You seem like an idiot.
>>
>>158922611
This is almost definitely intentional. If all of the Titans were horrifying you'd grow accustomed to it and they'd lose their effect. Having goofy-looking ones alongside the scarier ones creates a refreshing contrast. You also get the opportunity for juxtaposition with the funny-looking Titans still able to commit atrocities.
>>
>>158924265
>>158923888
I think it's meant to show they're abnormal titans, and therefore scarier than the typical titan. It looks silly, but on that scale and with that meaning it takes on a bit of a more frightening undertone.
>>
>>158925424
Yes, it could be clever like that. Or the director just got lazy and forgot to add dramatic shading and closeups to horrified faces.
>>
>>158924389
>that fucking nonchalant eating motion

Christ
>>
>>158924389
Ayyyyyyy
>>
>>158925424

even this one? >>158924389
>>
>>158925586
I guess? The design of certain Titans and the timing of certain shots like >>158924389 are clearly meant to be humorous, though. I'm sure some Titans are unintentionally funny but others are definitely intentional.
>>
>>158924389
and we had to wait like 2 years for this level of quality??

the horse is what kills me the most! he just doesn't give a fuck!
>>
>>158925424
I agree with this post. I think the bizarre inexplicable aspects of the titans help make them more unsettling.
>>
>>158925683
>shot dedicates time to showing the nonchalant reaction of the horse

Yes? I'd say that is one of the most obvious examples. Even ignoring the horse, look at the Titan's face and the way it's chewing.

And yet even this goofy, hilarious moment serves a dual purpose as it shows how the Titans have a deep connection to all biological life. Unless the Titans go out of their way to attack the horses never seem particularly fazed by the Titans.
>>
>>158925732
>I'm sure some Titans are unintentionally funny but others are definitely intentional.

If the second part of your sentences is right, isn't that bad? This is part of a dramatic scene so I don't why should it be comedic as well, specially if the source of the comedy is humans being killed by the titans.

That's like making fun of the whole drama of the series, since most of the important characters or their family get killed via being eat alive by titans
>>
>>158925882
Have you ever watched an action movie?
>>
>>158925882
I think the point is that the further you get into the series the less death matters in general. Eren's mom getting chomped is brutal and dramatic, soldier #46853 getting chomped however many chapters/episodes later isn't. The horror has almost definitely worn off by this point for the average viewer. This is of course expected since you've been exposed to so much of it. So instead they choose to evoke a different emotion, the only other one they can easily evoke with the death of a random soldier, which is humor. And while I wouldn't give them too much credit for their mindgames you could also view it as trying to evoke a sense of discomfort in the viewer by making them laugh at a scene that is still horrifying. Someone with hopes and dreams just got eaten alive and you're laughing at a horse?

That kind of thing. Depends on how deeply you look into it. The point is that there's no drama to be had watching this fucking nameless background character die so they don't try to milk it for something they know isn't there. Imagine how fucking dumb it would be if they tried to wank over some asshole dying in the middle of this huge battle? You're not supposed to care.
>>
>>158925939
in those you usually don't care about most deaths, even the ''sad'' ones
>>
>>158926070
>being this defensive
I'm sorry that your favorite anime is awful.
>>
>>158926070
>the only other one they can easily evoke with the death of a random soldier, which is humor.

naaah, that's just the anime being badly made. Japanese people they just can't do subtle comedy so I don't believe that this is the case
>>
>>158926258
I'm not being defensive, I'm just explaining my point of view. I didn't even realize your post was actual criticism. And it's not one of my favorites. I like it but I can easily admit it has tons of flaws. But even a flawed manga or anime can be dissected.
>>
>>158926258
Sorry that you're too stupid to understand his point
>>
File: hurf.webm (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hurf.webm
77KB, 1280x720px
>>158925882
It kind of adds a new horror. It's funny and there's no dignity at all in it, people are killed like animals by goofy motherfuckers dumber than animals that barely notice. Like, I don't want to be raped but I especially don't want to be raped by a clown in front of a birthday party.
>>
File: mike.jpg (197KB, 1880x1054px) Image search: [Google]
mike.jpg
197KB, 1880x1054px
>>158922611
I think so too OP, especially the gluttonous titan.

Say, which two characters do you think are most likely to end up in a relationship?
>>
>>158924389
>that horse nod
>>
I think most of them look like fat germans because the author is making a comparison between the titans and the nazis. Jäegers were an elite german paratrooper unit in ww2 as well. I don't read the books so I'm probably talking shit but eh.
>>
>>158924389
Best part about this is when the swords drop, he shifts slightly and looks like he's grinning. He did it on purpose.

All Hail Murderhorse.
>>
>>158925408
Fucking lol
>>
>>158924389
Mule Titan, is that you?
>>
I have only watched like 4 episodes and want to get spoiled, what the fuck are the titans supposed to be?
>>
>>158929337
zombies basically
>>
>>158929337
Why not watch the rest? It doesn't take long to finish both seasons
>>
>>158929337
THE TITANS ARE WALLS
>>
>>158929337
Feral Ultramen.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.