[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly was the point of adding this character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 13

File: 1468418808502.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468418808502.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
What exactly was the point of adding this character?
>>
ANAL SEX WITH EMILIA
>>
>>158917773
For passionate lovemaking, of course.
>>
>>158917773
>An incompetent guy falls in love with a beautiful silver-haired heroine and I've got nothing after that
>>
To provide a "heroine" to a protagonist who's deluded himself into believing he's the hero. At least that's the interesting interpretation.
>>
>>158917773
What you mean? She's the fucking main heroine of the fucking series. She can't be removed from it.
>>
>>158917773
Makes Rem look better by comparison
>>
>>158918697
Except Rem looks like an ugly emo sjw next to her.
>>
>>158917773
Being the real protagonist and best waifu
Rem A SHIT
>>
>>158918598
so the story is inherently flawed

Emilia is a taint that brings down everything
>>
>>158917773
Waifubait.
>>
>>158918697
How? Rem looks like shit compared to Emilia.
>>
>>158918815
>how dares she steal my husbando
Never change landwhale.
>>
>>158918831
Literally. She was designed to fit Subaru's tastes.
>>
>>158917773
Rem and Emilia were both cute

MC was just a major autist that hurts their standing by proximal association.
>>
>>158917773
To prove the protagonist is a fucking retard
>>
>>158918932
At the latest part of the story Emilia fucking NEEDS Subaru, else her faction will be stripped of almost all its members. She may have not needed him before, but his recent status from his slaying of the White Whale, Sloth and Greed (2 of the most known Archbishops, Sloth and his role in the killing of Greed (the mightiest Archbishop known for the subjugation of cities).
>>
>>158917773
Most important question: Is she wearing a bra?
>>
>>158921793
Fucking phone.
>>
>>158918930
People actually have Subaru as their husbando? What shit taste.
>>
>>158917773
Author masturbating.
>>
>>158922015
People who like the potato have shit taste just like her.
>>
File: 1467439040034.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467439040034.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
If you want the reason for her character -design-?
Pleasant masturbation fuel.

If you want the reason for her character -motivation-?
Emilia is actually a great character and makes for a good foil for Subaru in a couple ways and actually makes a lot of their interactions really great. She's a really pretty girl but she's prejudiced by society and Subaru's the one of the very, very few who doesn't really give a shit she's half elf (other than that it gets him hot).

So why do I like her so much despite being a pretty generic waifubait chick? Let me set this straight. I haven't read the WNs or LNs yet and have only seen the anime, the only thing that makes her character satisfying at all is Subaru. The anime seriously likes to gloss over it at times, especially because we the viewer are privy to Subaru's internal dialog and ability. But thinking about it from an outside perspective there are scenes where Subaru genuinely comes off as a manic schizophrenic, talking all the time about things that never happened. She doesn't know what but she thinks Subaru has issues. Emilia is great at keeping not only Subaru, but as as the viewer grounded in reality.
>>
>>158921826
Elf girls don't need bras. Elf magic (or is it just a racial perk?) always keeps their breasts in a perfect shape.
>>
>>158922495
You'd be surprised to know how much of a better character Subaru is when he's not interacting with Emilia.
Also even though he was back then Subaru isn't wrong anymore, Emilia's camp is filled with people who are competent, but have only joined cause of Subaru. Most of the people in her camp think she's useless, immature and generally think lowly of her.
>>
>>158917773
Keeping best girl pure
>>
>>158918697
Emilia is a underrated jewel and rem is only a overrated shit
>>
>>158922495
That's an interesting analysis. Though as someone who's read a bit of the WN, I think it handled things a bit better in showing how characters reacted to Subaru behaving like a manic schizophrenic.

I actually found Rem's trust in him to be a lot more convincing in the WN, because of how observant it portrayed her to be. She showed a lot more concern over his behavior and how his bewitchment was influencing it negatively, and she actually noticed when he knew things he had no clear way of knowing. Of course, that makes her trust less just "because I love you" and more "and also because you're fucking psychic".
>>
>>158917773
Waifu bait heroine.
But like most authors he accidentally creates a superior and more well liked character in a side character and he can't get rid of the one he invested so much into either out of pride or because their narrative depends on it.

So now Emelia is stuck being pushed as the lead heroine and Rem was saved from a whale of a death by an editor who slapped the absolute shit out of the author and screamed.
NO
GODDAMNIT NO!
>>
To give Subaru a goal
>>
>>158923598
The onis don't wear bras either so?
>>
To have a reason for the show
>>
>>158923970
That's just oni magic, not genes.
>>
>>158923669
>You'd be surprised to know how much of a better character Subaru is when he's not interacting with Emilia.
Yeah, I've been spoiled a little on the future events. But I never intended it to come across like that at all. I actually think Subaru's one the few characters in the series that carries it along with the semi-interesting setting. It's so rare that we get to see a main character acting so 'ugly' and selfish. So seeing Subaru grow and overcome that is truly (rushed)but also very heat warming and good.

>>158923830
>That's an interesting analysis. Though as someone who's read a bit of the WN, I think it handled things a bit better in showing how characters reacted to Subaru behaving like a manic schizophrenic.
I'm not surprised, I write a bit as a hobby and it just seems like something an author would think about but might be hard to convey in an adaptation. They did seem to get the point across that some people were trusting him because he seemed to 'know more' but it's also very disappointing that in the successful timeline things such as Subaru knowing not only that Emilia has a spirit named Puck, but also has the ability to shield her go unanswered and are never questioned.
>>
File: 020.jpg (99KB, 728x1037px) Image search: [Google]
020.jpg
99KB, 728x1037px
>>158923669
>generally think lowly of her.
Isn't Otto pretty fond of her though?
>>
>>158921826
Very round and no nipple bulge so most likely yes.
>>
>>158921793
Ok but I was more referring to how their characters' standing are received by the viewers, not the setting.

Emilia is fine, but she worsened in the eyes of some fans because of Autist-kun's weird obsession with her.
>>
>>158917773
Who else was the MC going to be brainwashed into loving? Someone who doesn't look like Satella?
>>
File: 1481991295008.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1481991295008.gif
1MB, 640x360px
Funny contrast between the Re:Zero Emilia-Subaru and the Konosuba Aqua-Kazuma relationship.
Re-Zero: "I want to have sex with you!"
Emilia "I don't know what you're talking about, but dinner is ready.."
Konosuba: "I want to have sex with you!"
Aqua "Bwhahahah....BAKA Kazuma!"
>>
>>158917773
BILLIONAIRE
FUNDS
REM
ADAPTION
GET
FUCKED EMILIA
>>
>>158924608
Aqua was willing to fuck Kazuma as long as he bought liquor.
>>
>>158924608
Kazuma is the one who doesn't want to fudge Aqua but with a little convincing, the latter can easily fill the role of a dom or a sub. Again, that'd imply Kazuma wants to fuck a literal retard.
>>
>>158917773
Even if you're a diehard demonogrefucker, you should know that Subaru wouldn't have had a reason to do anything without Emilia.
>>
>>158924639
what
>>
>>158924116
>go unanswered and are never questioned.
Emilia isn't very bright, and Puck is pretty shady in his own right and doesn't talk about everything with Emilia, and doesn't care about anything but Emilia. Ram definitely seems to trust Subaru's "intuition" in later arcs, and people tend to trust his knowledge. However, a lot of the people around him have a way of just ignoring him any time he says anything weird, because he says a lot of inane bullshit. No one seems to bother asking him about it in more detail.
>>
>>158924639
Shit taste in Chinese Cartoon girls, no wonder his Facebook overlords canned him
>>
>>158924183
He supports her cause of inequality but Tappei has a Q&A where Otto has a pretty low opinion of her.
>>
>>158925015
So does he have any reason to do anything without Emilia now?
>>
They gonna announce s2 or ova.
>>
>>158927921
They all look so generic
>>
>>158917773
The only plot device the series will ever need
>>
>>158917773
She is the main provider of sex
>>
>>158928116
For real, they all look like a bunch of waifubaits there.
I may be wrong, however, because I have yet to read or watch most of those series.
>>
>>158924820
>stick dick in crazy
Kazuma's smarter than that.
>>
>>158917773
Every show needs a best girl.
>>
>>158924679
Aqua would never fuck a lowly human. Well, maybe Kazuma is the only human she'd ever fuck.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170625-105512_01.png (2MB, 1455x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170625-105512_01.png
2MB, 1455x1046px
The Rem IF makes me want to have a wife and children
Why do do many anime make me want to have children?
Is the Abe-Anime conspiracy true?
>>
>>158929943
>Why do do many anime make me want to have children?
Watch the 4th Shrek movie, it'll make you not want any kids ever again.
>>
File: 1470656309312.png (820KB, 1023x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470656309312.png
820KB, 1023x800px
>>158917773
To cuck Rem of course!
>>
>>158917773
>What exactly was the point of adding this character?
To make Rem sad
>>
Translator Anon please come home, we miss you
Pay no heed to the likes of ESL
>>
>>158917773
How do add someone who was there begin-

Oh I know you are retarded OP.

>>158923669
This is complete bullshit tho. Otto, Ram, Frederica, Petra, Garf, Betty all like her. It's only some of them like Garf and Ram weren't fond of her initially. Hell Otto only new member of camp, but he straight up said he's investing

She also has lots of great interactions with Subaru some his best lines like this coming from them:

>Nobody is expecting anything from us. Is there anything more fun than proving them all wrong?>

>>158926140
That has nothing do with not being bright. Puck has literally never acted shady t her was basically a surrogate parent who constantly provided for her within his means. It would be like saying he should mistrust Lewes.
>>
>>158926255
That not what Q&A said. It was comparison chart of who Otto liked relatively from the most to least. Being low on it doesn't mean he hates you and she was she in the middle.

Also this also what he has said about her in the WN:

Arc 4 ch 23

>[Otto: You think she’s at her limit, then? I would disagree. I’ve only known her a short time, but I think Emilia-sama’s made of some tough stuff.
>>
>>158932333
>>158932452
Oh look it's Emilia's white knight ESL-kun. Why are you always behaving like ep 13 Subaru?
>>
>>158932995
Better than horn sucking Remfag. Why also behaving like Roswaal towards Rem?
>>
>>158933090
Why do you bring up Rem now? Did I say something about her? Too funny how you're the type of person Emilia dislikes the most.
>>
>>158933090
Actually my hate for Emilia is bigger than my love for Rem
>>
>>158917773
MUH PRINCESS
>>
>>158933153
Nothing wrong with generalising since the people who insult Emilia the most are Remfags
>>
>>158933153
Because you Remfags always bring Emilia in comparison Rem?

>>158933316
You're wasting your time hating a fictional character for most pettiest of stuff. Congratulations.
>>
>>158933499
>you're wasting your time hating a fictional character for most pettiest of stuff. Congratulations.
Said the guy who wastes hours every day trying to "protect" a fictional character. Self-awareness, iron_maw.

>>158933431
>nothing is wrong with generalizing
Guess I will start to shit on every Emiliafag from now on because they are all underaged superficial ESL cunts. I guess there's nothing wrong with that.l
>>
>>158933625
>Said the guy who wastes hours every day trying to "protect" a fictional character. Self-awareness, iron_maw.

Who the fuck is that??? You are insane!

>Guess I will start to shit on every Emiliafag from now on because they are all underaged superficial ESL cunts. I guess there's nothing wrong with that.

You have already been doing that. Not everybody who hates Rem is an Emiliafag either but both of these bases are the only one who have people who do so consistently so who fucking cares?
>>
>>158933431
>Nothing wrong with generalising
Literally the thing Emilia hates about people the most. Why are Emiliafags so good at being the type of people their waifu dislikes the most?
>>
>>158933798
I don't hate Emilia but I hate Emiliafags who get triggered by every neutral/negative comment about her and start to shit on others out of spite. But I guess that behavior comes from them being underaged superficial ESL cunts.
>>
>>158933805
Shitting on people for petty reasons, misconstruing their characters and what they say, and devaluing certain relationships to prop up others are kinds of Rem would hate and but Remfags do consistently.

You don't give a shit about any of these character think or do retard.
>>
>>158933935
>I don't hate Rem but I hate Remfags who get triggered by every neutral/negative comment about her and start to shit on others out of spite. But I guess that behavior comes from them being underaged superficial ESL cunts.
>>
How can subaru be that shallow
>>
>>158933957
>You don't give a shit about any of these character think or do retard.
But you give enough shit about some random anonymous people on /a/ talking not highly about your waifu to the point of wasting hours every day trying desperately to "protect" her. Hilarious. And the funniest thing is that you don't even realize that these threads are so toxic and cancerous because of sensitive idiots like you.
>>
>>158934148
Yes, just like Remfags get all fucking triggered at slightest bit of people shitting on her. Hell your even worse than Emiliafags because you don't even have the self-awaarenes to even realize how much of hypocrite you are.

The cancerous idiots here are you.
>>
>>158934431
This thread alone is enough to prove you wrong, not talking about every thread before this one. Just look at all the salty Emiliafags who got triggered by every post that mentioned Rem while nobody reacted on the Emiliafags shitting on Rem.
>>
>>158934598
Impressive. You seem to have Alzheimer coupled with a good dose of recency bias considering we have an opposite several times now.

You are not only absolute hightest order idoits I've spoken to but you have the gall to be intellectually dishonest when contribute to this bullshit whole.

Newsflash waifufag, I'll continue to shit on your waifubait as long do so to Emilia. Nobdy is gonna let pull revision bullshit. Enjoy the environment you helped create. You are like robber whining about people stealing things from you. Fuck. Off.
>>
I can understand doing so for trolling and provoking, but I can hardly comprehend unironic Emiliafags
You have to be a unique kind of shallow to actually think Emilia to be the best character, considering the rest of the cast
>>
>>158924183
No matter how much redemption they try and shove down my throat Otto is still an irredeemable piece of shit.
>>
File: rem.jpg (131KB, 620x321px) Image search: [Google]
rem.jpg
131KB, 620x321px
>>158917773
To create the NTR-effect.
>>
>>158937058
So can't comprehend other people having different opinions. You post just prove ho shallow you are.

If Emilia was unlikable she wouldn't exist.
If Subaru was unlikable he wouldn't exist.
If Rem was unlikable she wouldn't' exist.

No a single person has to like these character or even Re:Zero's story at all objectively. That is why you see people bashing or praising any and every aspect of the show.

Nobody not even Tappei is asking you like or dislike any character because that is your business. So don't make excuse for your hate.
>>
File: hack.jpg (110KB, 360x822px) Image search: [Google]
hack.jpg
110KB, 360x822px
>>158938670
>>158938800
>If Emilia was unlikable she wouldn't exist.
How naive
An you're still making a nice strawman. Liking Emilia is not a problem, but there are many characters that are better made than her to the point that having Emilia as the favorite is sign of extreme superficiality or inability to comprehend writing
also
>Right to have opinions as an excuse for shit taste
get out with that weak shit
>>
File: 1449408816943.jpg (39KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449408816943.jpg
39KB, 360x360px
>>158923714
>>158929943
>Imitating Emilia's haircut
Bitch literally is just a substitute.
>>
>>158939315
>How naive
Says the perosn who doesn't understand concept of "opinon" or "viewpoint" or you are "not me"

>An you're still making a nice strawman. Liking Emilia is not a problem, but there are many characters that are better made than her to the point that having Emilia as the favorite is sign of extreme superficiality or inability to comprehend writing

No it is a strawman because you are literally implying that liking a character is not subjective. Emilia is plenty well written because she has an established motivation, past and growth just like nearly every character. She is not special snowflake who suddenly doesn't have that. You're just a dumbass.

>get out with that weak shit
If you like Rem you have shit taste. See? I can do it too.

Fuck off you neanderthal motherfucker.
>>
>>158939951
Emilia did the same in the other IF
>>
>>158939951
Emilia does the same thing in another AU.
Bitch is literally just a substitute.
>>
File: 1492393619740.jpg (133KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1492393619740.jpg
133KB, 800x1067px
>>
>>158942154
Do you not understand what I wrote?
Emilia is written competently enough to be likeable, but there are many character that are above.
>>
>>158947656
And I said that is bullshit. You are not the authority on who interesting or not nor is this something you can tangible justify. Fans of Emilia exist because they find her more interesting than other characters, just do for Felix, Carmilia and whoever else do.

I can write the same baseless shit about any character for any reason. You literally no argument and speak from you ass, but can't even admit that. Fandom isn't blood hivemind you idiot.
>>
>>158924639
Prob not, Palmer Luckey's just trolling.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.