[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain to me how this was a great fight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>10 minutes of a guy shooting ice and another flicking back while running away

>1 last flashy attack from both of them which ends up being blocked anyways
>>
It's not about the fight itself. Go read DBZ for that
>>
Deku uses ice? I thought he was just super strong.
>>
File: HMYM.jpg (13KB, 547x480px) Image search: [Google]
HMYM.jpg
13KB, 547x480px
>>158911637
>>
>>158911743
>Go read DBZ for that
The fuck is the difference?
>>
>>158911637
it looked cool and the animation was top tier, if it doesn't look cool to you you may have problems with the reward functions in your brain.
>>
>>158911637
Is this hunterxhunter, or fairy tale?
>>
>>158911637
Is this Fairy tail ?
>>
File: 1472839043144.jpg (1MB, 680x1671px) Image search: [Google]
1472839043144.jpg
1MB, 680x1671px
>>158911637
>>
>>158911637
Todoroki starting his emotional healing is what makes it amazing.
>>
>>158913471
might as well be
>>
>>158911637
Shut up, it's great because shounentards say so.
>>
>>158913198
It's called Hunter x Fairy Piece
>>
>>158911637
Saddest shit in this series was when Jiraiya died, and Simon had to go fight the anti-spirals without him.
>>
>>158911637
they struck gold with that you say run track they play every episode to make everything more hype than it is
>>
>>158914192
I'm not complaining
>>
>>158914192
It's a good track, though I'm hoping they pull out some new tracks for the second cour of the season. I feel like this season hasn't added much to the OST.
>>
>>158914192
I like Hero A alot better. You can't tell me that shit isn't the embodiment of hype.
>>
>>158916441
You should be that is how we get change. Complain.
>>
>>158911637
I'm so glad madman Deku made the transition to the anime so well. It wouldn't be the same without those unhinged grins.
>>
Fuck me, there's no episode this week, is there?
>>
>>158920585
there is.
>>
How close is the anime to the source material? Can I jump in to the manga from the latest episode?
>>
>>158911637
I don't understand either anon.
/a/ is just like that. There are plenty of episodes of other anime that I finished watching in ecstasy, came to /a/ hoping to see the board melting due to the hype of the episode, only to find that everybody else hated it.
It was like that in the episode of Kabaneri that Ikoma lost his arm. I fucking loved everything about that episode, but a lot of people even stopped watching the show because of that.
Lame.
>>
>>158911637
Ok lets assume you're retarded
It's about growing while fighting, coming to terms with the other half of his power and Deku trying to use his power to his best potential while being upset that he isn't taken seriously due to only half of the Todos power being used
>>
File: 03-Haro-and-Bright.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
03-Haro-and-Bright.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
The lightsaber fights in the original Star Wars trilogy were not just (comparatively) flashy spectacles with simple choreography. They were emotional engagements between characters that developed them further.
Luke came to understand both his legacy and how in over his head he was. When he returns in Jedi he's fighting with no intent to kill, but with ambition to save his father. With frustration from Vader's loyalty to the Emperor he falls to that same anger that lead Vader astray and overpowered Vader.
What made this fight great was not only that it was a clash of emotions, ideals and ambitions but fucking bonkers as a spectacle too.
>>
>>158911637
Yeah, I actually thought most of the other fights were better
>>
>>158913886
>Todoroki starting his emotional healing is what makes it amazing.

more heavy handed drama, great, I just knew that not Gaara would end up being emo
>>
>>158919423
>madman Deku
>unhinged grins
literally the worst character
>>
>>158911637
It was pretty underwhelming outside of the 10 seconds of sakuga during the climax of the fight. No interesting choreography at all, just two people throwing powers at each other. And then it ends with todoroki justifying his dad's child abuse.

It's pretty mind boggling how anyone thinks that it's good. Compare it to All Mights fight in the season one ending, that was a real fight. This was just a light show.
>>
>>158923393
>>158922903
>When you want to be a contrarian but can't give a critique that doesn't make you sound like a complete twat
>>
>>158923459
Back to your general where you can spam about le madman
>>
>>158911637
MHA manga never translates well in motion because the fight scenes themselves don't logically make sense real time wise. The mangaka doesn't really consider things like that, and goes full cape shit instead completely exploiting that talking is a free action in manga, which naturally leaves all the choreography and sequencing of the anime to the studio.

This isn't like OPM where the mangaka has a very good feel and understanding of how the action translates frame by frame. It's closer to Bleach, only Bleach had a passionate team that gave it a lot of service on the fights for awhile.
>>
>>158921478
..so what? You could have all of that and still have a good fight.

This was pretty much what you just said. All spectacle to cover that it's not really a good fight to begin with. Sure it's a good moment for the series, but not really a good fight.

Although, I guess for how BNHA's fights in general are pretty mundane, it's above average.
>>
>>158911637
Yeah it was shit, can't beat Plus Ultra, baka
>>
>>158923393
>10 seconds of sakuga
Objectively incorrect. It had the most sakuga cuts of any fight in the anime thus far.
>>158923531
It was a good fight. You're just in the vast minority what's worse is that you can't even articulate a valid opinion
>>
>>158923519
Pretty much this. It's mainly big actions shown through panels. Look at the Obito Kakashi fight. Shit had decently lengthy choreography where each move definitely wasn't drawn panel per panel.
>>
>>158923519
>>158923628
Such bad bait
>>
>>158923605
Well, you can't seem to give a valid opnion either. Your argument was basically "It's good because of meaning. Fuck the chaeography". While I just said you could easily have both.

As as I said, it's pretty above average for a BnHA fight which is okay. It is a good fight with good being 7/10.

Calm your titties.
>>
>>158923651
Obito vs Kakashi was miles better than this shit. Its not even in the same league.
>>
>>158923628
>Shit had decently lengthy choreography where each move definitely wasn't drawn panel per panel.

Exactly, it's all at the whim of the studio. I don't know if Kishi had any input but if the studio doesn't wanna put in a good amount of effort it's not gonna take off.

>>158923708
Just ignore him, anyone who likes to post short posts without even trying to refute the points made are 99.99% shit posters just looking for (You)s cause they were offended their faggot series got insulted.
>>
>>158923393
>the 10 seconds of sakuga
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/06/09/my-hero-academia-episode-23-season-2-episode-10/

> No interesting choreography at all, just two people throwing powers at each other.
People who say this usually don't know what they're talking about. There's more to choreography than fucking clashes and flips but how a scene is story boarded to reflect the movements of the characters using their abilities, in this case it was more or less a back and forth between projectiles with both parties trying to get in but as several anons pointed out the main crux of the fight wasn't about "to beat one another" but to give Shouto his will back and him activating his flame to his full potential was a big step forward for him realizing his dream.
>And then it ends with todoroki justifying his dad's child abuse.
He used his flame because Izuku told him to not because of his father, the whole point of the aftermath of the fight where he said "I forgot about you" was suppose to be a big fuck you to him meaning that he had not forgotten his abuse and him using his flame was because of Izuku and not for him. You couldn't have missed the point any harder if you tried.

>Compare it to All Mights fight in the season one ending, that was a real fight. This was just a light show.
The All Might fight didn't have nearly as much impressive cuts as this. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>158911637
It wasn't.
The thread
>>
>>158920585
No episodes until July 7th or 8th whenever the summer anime season starts up.
>>
>>158923695
>Well, you can't seem to give a valid opnion either.
Actually I did. You have yet to provide a valid point you're just saying "This fight isn't as good as everyone is saying because I say so." Like a fucking twat would say. If any case people more qualified than your ass think the fight was well done so what makes your opinion more valid?
>>158923519
And this is all fucking hogwash.
>>158923708
I don't even remember any of that fight which just shows how well doesn't it was. Most Naruto fights are the same and there was nothing about that fight that stood out from the rest.
>>
>>158911870
His strength lets him punch away all the heat in the area freezing the surroundings
>>
>>158923954
That's impressive in terms of animation, but it's actually a very poor scene. Count how long Deku took to fire that finger. It was 5 fucking seconds. This means if we take it seriously and not just because we know manga doesn't translate well in real time, it means Todoroki literally stood there for 5 fucking seconds like an autistic manchild and allowed Deku to do that shit in face instead of just making a move on him. Even if he was limited or hurting, he could have moved his body, he could have braced himself by lowering his center of gravity in a ready stance. He did nothing. He didn't bait with his body language he didn't preemptively charge up his powers or try to interrupt Deku, he literally just waited like some Pro Wrestling match when someone runs around the ring a few laps before dropping an elbow. 5 fucking seconds.

In 5 fucking seconds if he did that to someone holding a gun he'd be full of lead. Some hero.

>>158924140
>>And this is all fucking hogwash.
Kek as expected of a Boku no Pico baby, you can't ever point out what's wrong you can only cry about it and act as if your word is law. Why do you even bother everyone knows you're just some landwhale desperately trying to keep your immersion from breaking because you never realized these very obvious factors that only newfags would look over.
>>
Why are BnHAfags so defensive?
>>
>>158924344
Because they come from tumblr and reddit and /co/. I mean even Japan knows it's shit, the fact that Kingdom, a series from Young Jump managed to top BnHA a upcoming flagship WSJ series despite it's anime having ended years ago and a shitty anime at that should tell you how lukewarm the direction of the story is going.
>>
File: BokuNoYou.png (23KB, 333x260px) Image search: [Google]
BokuNoYou.png
23KB, 333x260px
>>158924334
>animation time should apply to real time
Why am I wasting my time?
>>
File: IMG_7090.jpg (189KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7090.jpg
189KB, 1200x801px
>>158923954
Adding context to it doesn't help anything really. Anyone can do that to make something sound deeper than it is.

A fight should be able to hold up regardless of context.

That kind of "hero battles clearly outclassed opponent loses but manages to get through to then/impress them" is pretty normal.

For example, The Breaker New Waves is full of that shit.
>>
File: 317.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
317.png
80KB, 500x501px
>>158924334
>>
>>158924441
>I mean even Japan knows it's shit, the fact that Kingdom, a series from Young Jump managed to top BnHA a upcoming flagship WSJ series despite it's anime having ended years ago and a shitty anime
That's more because Kingdom is THE manga idiot
>>
>>158924508
I wasn't adding anything. That was literally in the show. You were just too stupid to understand something so simple.
>>
>>158911743
Dragonball maybe
>>
>>158924140
But you didn't? You're now just going to nuh-uh and using a fallacious argument of authority instead of trying to get your point accross or strenghtening your argument.

In any case, I'm not even saying it is bad. It's pretty okay, with emphasis on "pretty". The flashback and all the cuts to various parties in the crowd went against its pacing.

Again, take a chill pill dude.
>>
>>158924334
The animation doesn't always apply to real time. I know it's never stated anywhere, but people don't just sit there and monologue everything in their head. It's used so you can understand what they're thinking or doing or what plans they have in their head. They also like to make certain moments slower to match up with the music or to have a more hype moment.
This isn't even representative of BnHA. It's pretty much in all Action Anime. Though it happens more in Shounen in general.

>>158924441
It's actually one of the biggest shounen in Japan right now.
>>
>>158911637
It wasn't a great fight, it was a great episode.
>>
>>158924589
No, I understood that. It's a show for kids so it's easy to get. Why point out something that anyone watching the fight would immediately get though?

I thought you were trying to add to your "context" is more import argument. Guess it was just non-existent after all. My bad.
>>
>>158911637
>Muh flashy attacks
Air Gear does it very well and we know Air Gear was a masterpiece.
However, MHA is shit
>>
>>158924793
But you didn't hence why the anon corrected you, all that was in the show he didn't have to add anything and the reason why he pointed it out was because YOU were wrong and YOU missed the point of the fight and went straight to a strawman trying to act a fool. Please continue because seeing you act an ass out of yourself is amusing.
>>
>>158924837
Why are you describing yourself though? If you have a point, why don't you just go out and say it? Go defend it. I don't mind.

I've repeated my point in every post you reply so its just odd that you don't hold on to your own.
>>
>>158914192
90% of Naruto's popularity is due to this BGM making any scene seem more awesome than it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjjkHg5FOhk

All a fighting shonen needs is one really good fight BGM to be successful.
>>
File: invincible.jpg (299KB, 661x784px) Image search: [Google]
invincible.jpg
299KB, 661x784px
I'm not 100% familiar with Hero Academia, I've seen a few episodes and read a few chapters. But the only reason any mother fucker in that series is still alive when they go up against Deku is because he breaks his fucking limbs whenever he uses his powers.

Do you know what happens when you throw an egg against a brick wall? Flying brick is the best super power, debate me.
>>
>>158924895
No that's pretty much you. I've yet to receive an argument as to why the fight wasn't good so I'm just going to assume you're just trying to act contrarian like kids tend to do when people like something.
>>
>>158924889
>Missed the point of the fight
I didn't though? Again, it's a child's cartoon. Anyone could get it easily. It's not needed ot bring it up.

The "point of the fight" as most people are trying to defend it as are saying is the context. However, what makes a good fight isn't just the context alone, especially when the context itself is pretty generic and has been done before. The best that could be said is how it looks.

The only argument I've seen is that "You just don't get it" when it's pretty simple to get.
>>
File: 1425315986112.gif (535KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
1425315986112.gif
535KB, 400x226px
>>158911637
>Explain to me how this was a great fight?

It put me on the edge of my seat seeing Todoriki and Deku both being pushed into using their powers to their known maximum potential. Deku planned to use his fingers as ammo he would sacrifice to even keep up with Todoriki, who would try to win by using his ice quirk by itself. It was also great seeing Todoriki reach his limit that his body could not keep up by building up too much cold. There was no room for Deku to approach Todoriki without putting his limbs on the line so he had to try his best and defeat him with the little mastery he has of his quirk.

Both were exerting a lot of pressure on each other, Deku was ultimately trying to make Todoriki see the the flame quirk he inherited from his father belonged to himself and not his father. This battle also reflected on Deku's personal expectations he has put himself which is trying to make One for All his own quirk.

In the end Deku proved that by saving Todoriki from his personal hell by using One for All, that All for One was his quirk. And Todoriki is slowly learning to accept his fire quirk as part of himself.
>>
>>158924988
Huh? But I've been saying the fight was good. a 7/10. Numerous times even. You could look above if you want.

You could at least try to read my own posts next time.
>>
>>158925037
>I didn't though?
Yeah you did.>>158923393 and you were proven wrong and now you're left with nothing to do but point the finger

>The "point of the fight" as most people are trying to defend it as are saying is the context.
Except that's wrong you dumbfuck, there's no context when the show is telling/showing what is going down.

>However, what makes a good fight isn't just the context alone, especially when the context itself is pretty generic and has been done before.
I love how you pretty much backpedaled from saying "its all context" to "its generic".

>The only argument I've seen is that "You just don't get it" when it's pretty simple to get.
Nope. I proved your ass wrong here >>158923954 and you have no refuted a single point I might add so that puts you on the losing end. Now are you going to continue shitposting like an idiot or are you going to make a point because this is looking pretty sad.

>>158925082
Nah you've just been acting like a condescending twat through the whole thing. You're quite easy to read anon you may want to switch up your strategy.
>>
>>158925037
Not him but

1. You made an argument,
2. The other anon destroys it
3. You say its all context
4. The anon points out that it isn't and its detailed in the show
5. Now you're saying its generic

You're not doing a good job here whatever you're doing.
>>
>>158925297
>Proven wrong
On my own opinion? How exactly does one get proven wrong on one's own personal rating? Is there an objective agreed upon scale for this?

>No context
What? The context is the story. You could watch a fight and not be impressed by it but knowing the context of what's happening makes it better. You could show someone a webm of the fight above and they might say it's cool but then you tell them of what's happening then they find it better than it is on a layer.

Watching something without context means just watching the fight. It's really simple.

And you said so your self. "The main crux of the fight is (...) to give Shouto the will...". Which is the context of the fight.

>Losing end
What? We're not in a race, anon. It's all about trying to argue opinions and convince the other.

>>158925334
>he anon points out that it isn't and its detailed in the show
I don't get it. Of course it is detailed in the show.That doesn't really matter. And yeah, it is generic. That just means the context isn't special.

Generic doesn't automatically mean bad. The context could be generic but the execution could be good. Which it was.
>>
>>158911637
It was an alright fight in an overrated show. It's the new naruto and the shitters don't even see it. Just another generic shounen with a rabid fanbase.
>>
>>158927980
the formula is the same, mainly due to the magazine ita printed in, other than that it feels really fresh. the powers and the way the world works is interesting in its own way.
>>
>>158927980
>new naruto

Call me back when BNH has fights like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6TRlFYo0hE
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.