[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Death Note a masterpiece? Was Kira justice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Is Death Note a masterpiece?

Was Kira justice?
>>
It was boring as fuck and super overrated. The only reason it's popular is because it's fujobait cancer and fat chicks love muh edgy black haired autist. Overall 10/10 would cum to blond chick again.
>>
>>158882215
What's an anime/manga you consider a masterpiece?
>>
Even dragon ball did the edgy kid with god complex better.
>>
>>158882215
Answer the question faggot
>>
>>158882126
First 1/3 of it was 10/10 imo then it started to slowly decline once they added misa.
>>
>>158882126

no 5/10
>>
>>158882126

I loved this show growing up. Even bought the LA story/novel (Another Note). However I feel like its cultural legacy/appeal will be tarnished in the next few years due to the western adaptation.

I would like to be optimistic about the Netflix adaptation but it doesn't look any good. Still needed a good five years in development.

>>158882237

Kemonozume is one of my top five shows.
Probably tied with Eva as a solid show with a moving beginning-middle-end. Some viewers may not like the guernica-Picasso style designs but that was part of the appeal for me.

A Tarantino-level opening scene and David Lynch inspired OP. Lovely
>>
>>158882237

Kino is pure kino.
>>
>>158882291
10/10 although it would be better as a hentai OVA
>>
>>158882452
damn that's profound
>>
>>158882126
I liked it.
>>
>>158882452
kino is bad
>>
I just reread it and found it really entertaining. It was also very smart despite people making fun of it alot. I liked how the protagonist was an irredeamable psychopath. Thats a very unique aspect the most similar thing I found was in Shamo
>>
>>158882449
If you arent the person that guy was responding to, why are you going on about Kemonozume for no reason
>>
I liked Death Note up until L died.

Anyone who thinks Kiara is justice is just a psychopath. He was batshit crazy but I liked him as a villain.
>>
File: lightsout.jpg (156KB, 750x1194px) Image search: [Google]
lightsout.jpg
156KB, 750x1194px
>>158882126
Death note had an incredible premise that caused many people ignore many glaring flaws within the show. The manga has incredible art with expressions you can't forget. Light's faces, while ridiculous, has become almost iconic. A man whose expressions mirrored his increasing hubris. That's why his death is satisfying to some people while others hate it. It depends on what you interpreted Death Note's story to be. If you saw it as a man trying to clean up the world, Light's pathetic death seems forced. As if the editors forced him to die in the end so readers wouldn't get the wrong message. On the other hand, if you saw Death Note as a story of a man you watched become more arrogant as seen with how over the top his expressions became you would feel different. Light allowed his arrogance to delude himself into thinking he was a God, but he ended up in the most pathetic state a human can be: dead with nobody to actually care. Not Kira, the mask he wore, but Light Yagami, someone who got too full of himself because he was lucky enough to get a death note.
>>158882449
I hope they didn't just make L black to make it feel more American. If you're going to change a character to such an extent then you should at least give the audience a good reason. I don't want to see L as some hollow shell in the live action version. But I already seen so many of the same L in different movies that I want to see a different take on his character. Same with Light and everyone else. Misa's live action version seems good since it's hard to do worst than what the original Misa was. If they make Light change from some loser in school to somebody people admire I think it won't be that bad. Light before the death note is brooding and lame. Light with the death note is confident and handsome, even more reason why he wouldn't want to go back to his old self before the death note.
>>
>>158882909
I felt that Light dying was satisfying. I think the way he dead was forced just to wrap it up. A lot of the mistakes he made that led to his death were very uncharacteristic and just felt so forced.
>>
>>158882724
What's a good series then?
>>
I think Steins;Gate is a masterpiece, Death Note while a very good series is not a masterpiece. Second half after L dies is when it starts to go downhill.
>>
>>158882126
For a lot of people this was their babby's first evil protagonist anime.
Because of that it left a big impression on most kids, but objectively I'd still call it a good anime, even with the second arc being shit.
>>
File: mello.jpg (6KB, 110x110px) Image search: [Google]
mello.jpg
6KB, 110x110px
The second half was better than the first.
>>
File: 148107329012.jpg (2MB, 2816x2176px) Image search: [Google]
148107329012.jpg
2MB, 2816x2176px
>>158882449
>a masterpiece
>Eva as a solid show with a moving beginning-middle-end.

awesome autism
>>
>>158882126
It's important historically and culturally but it's the exact opposite of a masterpiece since it could have been trimmed down in half and refined quite a bit, it's got a lot of flaws that you only forget when you're reading the best bits which were amazing.
>>
Our guys at Netflix will make sure it is.
>>
>>158882126
Yes and yes
>>
>>158882126
No, Code Geass was a masterpiece. Death Note is forgettable.
>>
>>158882449
>adaptation
>netflix
>tarantino
>lynch
>>>/tv/
>>
>>158883972
>Code Geass was a masterpiece
Hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>158882237
JoJo
>>
in the remastered movies (not netflix) they replaced the scene where mello kills the fbi agents with that news reported chick and black haired delete guy killing them instead, since they dont give a shit about near (unlike mello) couldnt they just simply tell the death note victims to kill near?
>>
>>158882237
Berserk
>>
>>158882909
I think even considering the absolutely out of character fuck ups that Light did, so basically plot convenience that made him lose, his character dying like that was really dumb, mostly because it felt really out of character
What should have happened was Light snapping jumping on Near, and snapping his neck with his hands, all while tanking the bullets everyone's shooting at him as if he were immortal
After Near dies, Light is weakened but miraculously still alive, Light considers he actually did become a god before Ryuk explains that he had written Light's name in the death note, and Light has about 30 seconds left
Light then starts laughing, and asks Ryuk to kill everyone else in the room for old time's sake while offering him an apple
Ryuk accepts saying this adventure was a lot of fun and starts writing the names while the others uselessly shoot him and Light laughs
Light then has the heart attack and starts screaming in pain as he dies
>>
>>158886580
>since they dont give a shit about near (unlike mello) couldnt they just simply tell the death note victims to kill near?
no, there was some rule that they can't kill or severely harm other people i think. basically people whose name or face you don't know are untouchable by the death note. otherwise it would be too easy.
>>
>>158882126
>Is Death Note a masterpiece?
Yes. The only one who say it's not good are contrarian faggots who would hail it as the greatest anime ever made if it wasn't that popular.

>Was Kira justice?
If your idea of "justice" is that of a 5-year old, yes. It was actually pure fascism and nothing more.
>>
>>158883516
this. Childhood is idolizing L, adulthood is realizing that Near is superior
>>
>>158882126
It's definitely a masterpiece.
>unique setting
>sociopathy depicted perfectly
>battle of wits.
>ending execution done right.

It's an anime that influenced me the most and it made me unironically smart and successful.
>>
>>158882215
>I hated it because characters pandered to this category of viewers
>oh btw I loved masturbating to that girl character

kys
>>
>>158882126
Not by a long shot. Its Breaking Bad but without the character-driven element to it. The twists might be great and the plans and mind games may be brilliantly executed, but when it comes to the big moments, it falls short because there isn't enough of an attachment to the characters.

Thing is, everyone knows who ends up dying in the end the moment Light and Near meet. Near's death wouldn't mean shit to most of us because we really don't care for him. Light on the other hand is someone we've invested into because simply because its told through his eyes and you just want to see how he would go about changing the world if he did won.

That's the big weakness of this story, it is unpredictable but its own ending became predictable because we knew who's death would be more dramatic. Compare Light's 'descent' into evil with Walter White's descent into evil. One of them made his transformation in one episode/chapter while the other gradually reached that point.
>>
>>158882237
Dragon ball z
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.