[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We fix shitty anime that had a great premise but fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: 230px-Mirainikkicover.jpg (23KB, 230x320px) Image search: [Google]
230px-Mirainikkicover.jpg
23KB, 230x320px
ITT: We fix shitty anime that had a great premise but fucked it up.

I'll start
>Pic related

>Replace "monster of the week" with 12 individuals either actively plotting to murder the others, or simply stay alive Death Note style.
>Make bagguys less retarded. Blind guy uses his wits to survive, rather than a nuts Sentai hero. Maybe the couple doesn't take Yuki/Yuno's phones then challenge them to a nonsensical death match.
>Yuki has clear arc where he starts out as a pussy, then is forced to make a series of increasingly depraved moral compromises in order to survive, until he finally becomes a sociopathic megalomaniac
>Yuki's parents aren't directly involved in any way, but get murdered midway through as collateral damage
>Replace retarded plot shit. For example, when the toddler tries to poison them, maybe they simply see that Yuki dies on Yuno's phone and figure it out, rather than feeling the weight of the tomatoes.
>In the same vein, base shit to some degree in reality apart from the game and gods (for example, no unstoppable explosion proof armor, darts through phones, etc.)
>Instead of being so in love with him and complicated AU bs, have Yuno slowly grow disillusioned with Yuki the more narcissistic he becomes, and realize that she only fell for him because he offered her a respite from her shitty life.
>Eventually, Yuki goes full psychopath, and starts completely disregarding Yuno's life in order to serve his own agenda. When she almost dies and he just sort of brushes it off, she decides to kill him, but can't until the end of the game since her phone would become useless.
>With everyone else dead, Yuki expects Yuno to kill herself in service to him. She tries to murder him, he manages to get away, and the show ends with the two biggest psychopaths in the show going head to head, with Yuki having to fight someone who knows his every move.
>>
>Stays more or less the same the end of episode 6 or so
>Haru and Shizuku legitimately start dating, as opposed to weird one step forward two steps back BS drama
>No stupid love triangle. Maybe other people start to like them, but they brush them off immediately.
>Drama comes from them figuring each other and their relationship out and dealing with the world around them, rather than stupid "we can/can't be together" romcom bs.
>Drama continues to ensue as they continue to help each other find a balance between work and play, and Shizuku slowly helps Haru understand that violence, while effective, is only applicable to solve certain problems.
>>
>>158877397
OP you literally didn't change a single thing.
>>
>>158878526
>areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg
>>
>>158877397
congrats, now is even shittier
>>
File: steamboy.jpg (143KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
steamboy.jpg
143KB, 600x450px
>make the character motivations and core message more coherent
>remove blonde love interest entirely
i wanted to like this so fucking bad. biggest let down of my life.
>>
>>158879503
oh also i forgot one of the most important things
>have the villains plan actually make fucking sense
>>
>>158877397
>Replace "monster of the week" with 12 individuals either actively plotting to murder the others, or simply stay alive Death Note style.

that's exactly what happened in the series, do you have brain problems
>>
File: guts.jpg (11KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
11KB, 291x173px
>the exact same story up until the end of conviction arc except casca dies in the eclipse
>after the conviction arc serpico, farnese and some survivors of the holy iron chain knights start following guts
>eventually they start recruiting survivors/refugees from the various wars going on
>at the same time griffith is forming his demon army, like grunbeld, zodd etc
>add some named characters to guts army that mirror the old band of the hawk bros (i.e farnese = casca, serpico = judeau, rickert is still rickert, azan = pippin etc)
>eventually they start gaining fame, doing shit the old band of the hawk did
>things happen, and guts' new band of the hawk clashes with griffith's
>guts and griffith fight
>griffith is close to death, but becomes femto
>guts uses his behelit and sacrifices most of his army
>defeats griffith in his new demon form (which would be his berserker armor)
>the battle ends and guts is the lone survivor
>everyone on both sides has died
>final panel of guts
>"I guess... it was me that was Berserkā„¢"
>>
>>158879709
Sort of at the end, sure. But honestly, it was mostly everyone (with the exception of the grandmother) trying to kill Yuki/Yuno and whoever they teamed up with at a time.
>>
>>158877397
>>With everyone else dead, Yuki expects Yuno to kill herself in service to him. She tries to murder him, he manages to get away, and the show ends with the two biggest psychopaths in the show going head to head, with Yuki having to fight someone who knows his every move.
Only part I like.
>>
File: ReMonster.jpg (82KB, 600x883px) Image search: [Google]
ReMonster.jpg
82KB, 600x883px
>actually have casualties in his missions don't have raids where no goblin dies or gets injured. In fact since this is a monster series have a 'everyone can die" scenario
>don't have the original goblin leader job, have the leader kick the MC's ass and work hard to actually defeat him
>get rid of the ability system, he should only rely on his own strategy and level up system to rely on
>have human and elf characters in the same league as him, they should obviously have strategies for dealing with stronger opponents
>have the goblins rebel and have organization problems often, don't make them fall in line the second MC starts flexing his muscles
>remove harem, if the MC is going to have a love interest only one will do
>MC isn't a natural sex god, if he's going to fuck it's not going to be pleasurable (unless to acceptable love interest)
>you can have your rape dungeons but quit trying to justify it
>magic will be a chore to get and understand even for the MC, no natural goblin mages it's the benefit for the non-monster races
>humans, dwarfs, and elves are never the MC's friends. Maybe you can have a begrudged alliance but they will always be at odds
>more boss fights like the red-bear one have it a common occurrence. Goblin MC should be a "start from the bottom" so he shouldn't hit the ground running
>have instances of failure or desperation, have the goblins move often due to attacks from external threats that they cannot handle at the time
>all monsters are ugly as sin, including the MC while the fuckers like the humans and elves are all jRPG-tier beauties
>every level up has it's own strengths, weaknesses, and set of problems
>>
>>158879781
they were either all phone users are minions of the phone users
>>
>>158880596

>tfw so many anime could be improved instantly if the MC had real flaws, wasn't OP, wasn't either completely hopeless or completely magnetic in romance, and actually had to put in work/sustain losses in order to succeed.

Unfortunately pathetic otaku japs would rather fantasize about being awesome at everything and loved by everyone than have a good story. Pic fucking related.
>>
>>158880840
it's mostly just anime adapted by webnovels

web-based content aren't known for their quality control (see webcomics, fanfiction, fan-art, 4chan, etc.)
>>
>>158880666
Satan, what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Point was, they barely plotted against anyone else. It was almost always "gotta take out those two teenagers," except that one time were the terrorist decided to start helping them after murdering several teenagers and having her eye stabbed out because (?)

Bringing me back to my point about not having characters behave erratically
>>
>>158880917
really the battles are already over-the-top as it is without DN-level keikaku

really the best way to improve MN is made in three simple steps

>MC isn't fucking Shinji
>Yuno stays a loving yandere and doesn't ever try to kill the MC
>Yuno doesn't break space-time with a hammer
>>
>>158877397
Don't fix Mirai Nikki. It being a shitfaced idiot that doesn't know what storytelling is is exactly why it's perfect.
>>
>>158879719
Okay pedro
>>
>>158879719
That sounds horrible and cheesy as fuck.
>>
>>158881057
I think the premise is awesome and has the potential for a great, tension-filled story of violence, backstabbing, and keikaku.

That being said, can you explain your point? It didn't strike me as "so-bad-its-good."
>>
>>158877805
>Anime almost never gets a second season.
>No really, your almost definitely not getting a second season
>Stays completely true to the manga regardless, rather than making up a semi-satisfying ending that leaves an opening for them to continue should the stars align

Why do japs do this?
>>
>>158881154
It's far beyond so bad it's good, it's so bad it's fascinating.
>>
>>158879719
That sounds terrible.
>>
>>158879719
>"I guess... it was me that was Berserkā„¢"
I need this
>>
>>158877397
Is this your 2nd or 3rd anime?
>>
>>158881366
I guess I could see that point. Its not like when you watch some anime and think "wow, the writer really didn't have a plan beyond the current chapter at all, did they?" Its like "holy fuck, there were 15 obvious ways for this scenario to play out, and you went with that?"

>Holy fuck, this tomato weighs more than when I washed them. Must be poison....
>>
>>158881219
Why would you want to read manga for a story that already feels finished?
>>
ITT: Mirai Nikki apologists get butthurt over the fact that its nonsensical shit because they like to fantasize about some cute sociopath becoming obsessed with them for no reason.
>>
>>158881553
I sometimes forget that 99% of anime is basically just an advert for something, rather than actual art.

Anime was a mistake.
>>
>Keep plot line basically the same
>Yuki isn't dumb enough to actually fall in love with Yuno
>Yuno becomes an enemy who knows his every move but is still yandere for him
>Yuki relies on his friends instead of Yuno
>Yuno can still kill his friends or not but Yuki is a fucking in denial retard who murders his friends.
>The terrorist doesn't become a good guy
>"Will you have my kids" never happens
>Sentai actually accomplishes something
>Cut the bullshit tomato part
>Make the midget less annoying
>Make sure all phone users feel like they contribute something and aren't a wasted slot
>Yuno wins and we do this all over again, FOREVER or Yuki wins and we get a happy ending.
>>
>>158881712
Meant to say keep plot line the same up till Yuno kidnapped Yuki.
>>
>>158881580
m8 i like nonsensical shit as long as its amusing and anyone whos actually not a newfag pretty much thinks the same way.
people like this shit for what it is for the exact same reason why /a/ likes code geass, /a/ fucking loves trainwrecks.
>>
>>158881806
>I speak for all of /a/
>If you don't agree with me you're obviously a NEWB
I watched it and I was genuinely disappointed by the ending of Mirrai Nikki and a lot of the plot points.
>>
>>158881580
I like it because I'm a rome fanboy and Yuno is named after Juno, a roman goddess and also a jealous psychopath in Virgil's "The Aeneid" The plot of mirai nikki and the aeneid also revolve around Deus Ex Machina ideas where the god characters basically impose the conflict and the solution into the story line.
>>
>>158877397
Honestly the creator fixed the series himself in a spinoff. The answer was simple all along, kill off yuki, remove yuno, and make akise aru the MC.

That single volume was better than the entire manga. Akise managed to stop the terrorist girl without wounding her, recruit the superhero to help him, rescue the girl from that cult, expose the cult, and simultaneously save the toddlers parents from death by shutting down the cult.

Fuck mirai nikki as a whole, the only good thing to come out of it was akise.
>>
File: image_6.jpg (13KB, 217x208px) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
13KB, 217x208px
>>158879719
"I guess... it was me that was Berserk"
How autistic are you?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.