[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just caught up to the latest chapter, it has shit art and doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: b55d1894a73797b47f2e9a6a80be6a8f.png (392KB, 1078x579px) Image search: [Google]
b55d1894a73797b47f2e9a6a80be6a8f.png
392KB, 1078x579px
Just caught up to the latest chapter, it has shit art and doesn't really have an original ground breaking story, why is this as popular as it is?

I'm genuinely curios. What does /a/ think about Kimetsu no Yaiba
>>
Cute imouto
>>
>>158873843
>Minimalistic =/= shit
Fuck right off faggot
>>
>>158874001
If you are coming here to argue that this manga doesn't have shit art please, leave because you're in fucking denial.
>>
>>158873843
The art looks off at times, but it's the authors first serialization and I like his style. The story isn't groundbreaking, but it's well executed and the characters are likable. As for why it's popular, it was surviving off the corpses of other Jump series for a while, I suspect the mangaka even thought he was going to get cancelled and that's why he had Tanjirou meet Muzan so early on. It got a pretty big popularity boost after Togashi shilled for it though, without that I wouldn't be surprised if it was still in the 30k club and might have gotten axed along with Sesuji and Samon.
>>
>>158874321
Thank anon, I didn't know about the Togashi ..shill What exactly happened? Does hiatus God like it?

and I agree, I don't necessarily hate the art, it's charming at times..I just think it could be much better. Thanks for clearing up it's popularity though, I hope it continues to do well, I really like the characters.
>>
File: img000003 Kimetsu no Yaiba.png (501KB, 764x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000003 Kimetsu no Yaiba.png
501KB, 764x1200px
I look forward to cute cosplaying girls wearing gags.
>>
File: txJPzJZ.jpg (232KB, 639x1155px) Image search: [Google]
txJPzJZ.jpg
232KB, 639x1155px
>>158874456
>What exactly happened? Does hiatus God like it?
Pic related.

I don't think anyone would deny that the art could be better, but I forgive it because it's his first serialization and hope he improves as it goes on.
>>
>>158873843
>it has shit ar
The art looks janky but I'm not going to go so far as to say its shit. It rides a line.

As for why it's so popular I think the story is good enough but it's also nothing special. But it has a nice charm to it and I was drawn to it even before I noticed togashi's shilling. I just like the characters and even if they're not very complicated they're very well written for as deep as they are. The fights are okay too but I think it's more the creativity of the enemies than the fight choreography itself.
>>
Kimetsu is just like World Trigger: not bad but not great either. However, you can be sure that you will see many saying that they are the best series in the current WSJ just because they are a bit different from the mainstream titles in the magazine (muh strategy system, muh anti-nakama power).

Why did Togashi recommend? It was probably a request from the editor and not from his own free will (as well as Oda and Akimoto recommending Neverland).
>>
I liked it originally because the little sister relationship felt fresh and cute and the training arc made quite good sense.

I started to get bored during the fight with the spider demon and have dropped it now though.

very un-memorable manga.

If you asked me about naruto or bleach or eye sheild 21 I'd be able to remember prety much 80-90% of the sequence of events of teh story even years afterwards, but kimetsu no yaiba is only like 60 chapters long and I can only remember like 40-50% of what happens and not how the events link into each other
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.