[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some interesting tidbits you've experienced or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: satsuki.png (145KB, 620x312px) Image search: [Google]
satsuki.png
145KB, 620x312px
What are some interesting tidbits you've experienced or read/heard about pertaining to the anime industry as a whole?

Voice acting, animation, production stuff, etc. Just interesting things that go on behind-the-scenes. Like how to be a voice actor in Japan, you need to go to school for years and study it akin to a college degree.
>>
They have really strange working hours, or they are all working overtime.
>>
File: 1464188364897.jpg (311KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1464188364897.jpg
311KB, 800x1000px
>>158845532
I want Satsuki to sit on my face.
>>
Does anyone on /a/ have any actual industry experience? Or even any aspirations to get some?
>>
Before computer animation there was this position in the industry where they hired someone to check the cells before colouring them so that every frame has the correct colours.
It was a horrible job since you just had to look at pictures and see if the colours are correct, often thousands of them.
>>
How much of anime is hand-drawn and how much is digitally drawn?

Like for Evangelion which came out in the 90's. Was every single frame of that anime drawn by hand?

I actually have this question about all animation in general. Like spongebob or early simpsons. Obviously the older episodes look vastly different than the newer ones so I'm assuming that now those shows are just made on computers. But at one point, was every frame really hand-drawn? Is hand-drawn vs digital as big of a shitshow argument as practical effects vs CGI effects in films?
>>
This documentary was very interesting. It's mostly about the animation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LgHOUTZ8Gc
>>
>>158846224
Kill La Kill had a pretty good documentary as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5LbtfuJlJ8
>>
>>158846143
Most anime is still drawn by hand on paper (just scanned and colored digitally), but I think the digital coloring switch came about in the early aughts. I know FLCL was colored digitally and the Pokémon anime actually made the switch from cels I think around early Johto. (The first movie actually has some CGI.)
>>
>>158846261
>Most anime is still drawn by hand on paper (just scanned and colored digitally)

So does that mean every frame is also hand-drawn? I assume at one point it was, but I'm guessing now that they just hand-draw main, establishing shots of the scene and fill in the blanks with motion digitally.
>>
File: 1451051641512.gif (400KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1451051641512.gif
400KB, 500x471px
>>158846251
Oh shit, didn't know about this. Gotta rewatch the series first. Thanks.
>>
is this the satsuki kiryuin thread
>>
I'm only posting because Satsuki is perfect.
>>
>>158846934
You just think that because she's attractive. Her character is garbage.
>>
>Her character is garbage
This opinion is garbage. Won't even give you a (You).
>>
>>158847059
>average shitsuki fanboy

if anyone wants to see the worst of /a/ look no further
>>
>>158846638
>thread
No, it's the whole damn outfit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.