[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Me and Bertholdt tried to kill all of humanity 5 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: what.png (1MB, 1897x1081px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
1MB, 1897x1081px
"Me and Bertholdt tried to kill all of humanity 5 years ago."
"Why?"

That's how it SHOULD go but it never would. Instead they have to spend 3 days staring at each other and twitching like morons and then pretending that in this world with 200ft giants it's not possible to believe that this random dude had a secret, because he saved you once or something.

My question is this: Why are people in animes dumbstruck for 23/24 hours of the day? Do the creators think real people do that? And also, if someone managed to NOT be dumbstruck whenever anything mildly unexpected happens would they be able to take over the entire anime world with their superior ability to act when they should instead of waiting for 35 years and then acting?
>>
>i'm autistic and don't understand human emotions like shock
>>
>>158839784
They are shocked 15 times per episode. That's not how humans work, if it was we'd have been wiped out in the stone age.
>>
File: starting today.jpg (253KB, 630x894px) Image search: [Google]
starting today.jpg
253KB, 630x894px
As soon as this happened I fucking knew we would never stop discussing it
>>
Follow up question: If the bad guy is about to kill the good guy's friend, and the good guy starts daydreaming for 10 minutes about that time he promised to always protect his friend, how is his friend still there when he wakes up? Did time pause for him to reminisce about how he should help his friend instead of actually helping his friend?
>>
>>158839862
I maybe should have picked a different point then cause I'm not just talking about this one time, this happens constantly in Naruto and Attack on Titan and makes them both absolutely unbearable.
>>
File: fugg it reinder.png (446KB, 800x877px) Image search: [Google]
fugg it reinder.png
446KB, 800x877px
>>158839862
>>
File: 570.gif (2MB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
570.gif
2MB, 410x230px
>>
>>158839729
Are you retarded? Eren faked that he didn't believe them so they'd calm down and they'd be able to capture them later. He KNEW they were the Armored and Colossal Titans or at least had solid doubts at this point. Going "haha nice joke" was literally their best course of action at the time
>>
>>158840028
That doesn't make sense. After they had already revealed that info there was no way they'd just walk into a dark cavern when even Annie wouldn't. He should have tried to get information but he was too anime to do it.

also see
>>158839906
>>
>>158840153
>After they had already revealed that info there was no way they'd just walk into a dark cavern
Probably not but his orders were to deny everything until their return. They'd have other means to capture them home (maybe in their sleep or grabbing them from behind if they don't have that ring). Even without that, they'd still have better chances than fighting them out of nowhere with reduced numbers and near their escape points. Reiner and Bert had home advantage, so trying to postpone the fight was their best chance no matter what.

>He should have tried to get information
Oh yeah sure because they'd have revealed it. Actually iirc they didn't tell Eren shit about their village too.
>>
>>158840278
>His orders were to deny everything
No they weren't.

>Even then they'd still have better chances than fighting them there
Yeahexcatly, all the more reason to start questioning them and maybe pretending to go along with them instead of pulling that dumb shit.

>Yeah because obviously they'd reveal it
Well they did just reveal who they were for no apparent reason AND say they needed his help, so yes if you're in Eren's position you'd have to be totally fucking retarded to think they wouldn't.
>>
File: 133.png (348KB, 714x365px) Image search: [Google]
133.png
348KB, 714x365px
>>158840353
>No they weren't.
Pic related. Cure your ADHD.

>Yeahexcatly, all the more reason to start questioning them and maybe pretending to go along with them instead of pulling that dumb shit.
Reading comprehension much? They'd have better chance fighting them home. Going along with them means staying near the walls and the forest, where they have the advantage.

>so yes if you're in Eren's position you'd have to be totally fucking retarded to think they wouldn't
They didn't reveal anything about their village either, which was easily predictable. Their deal was "come with us and we wont start some shit", not "we'll do everything for you if you come with us".

You're more retarded than Isayama and that's an achievement.
>>
>>158839729

To be honest I didn't give a shit about those two others guys so I never payed attention to them all throughout the first and second seasons, and Eren's reaction in this scene seemed partially true to his character, so I wasn't bothered at all.
>>
>>158839872
When you remember something, you're not going through every last moment in chronological order in your head while standing there silently. You're remembering the sum of your feelings in a brief flash. Flashbacks are meant to show why a character is thinking the way they are.
>>
Shit writing
Eren loses his shit because muh comrade was actually an imposter all along
Then these two come clean and it's all "let's stick to the plan, you only caused the death of 1/3rd of humanity including my mother!"
>someone tries to post erens inconsequential waa waas a few episodes later
I can't recall if all of it is explained, I don't differentiate between shit writing and no writing personally I blame strategic failure spinning plotweapon man, everything he is involved in is asspull bullshit
>>
>>158840501
You said his orders were to deny everything, the picture shows his orders were to never reveal in the first place. Obviously that doesn't apply once they say who they are, genius.

>They'd have a better chance fighting them at home.
Once again, there's no reason to expect they'd go home with them. Not after that. The whole "Oh yeah, I just revealed the truth because I'm going insane thing" isn't something a real human would ever believe, it only makes sense in anime logic.

>They didn't reveal anything about their village, which was easily predictable
Yeah because no one asked them. And I already explained why it wouldn't make sense to expect that, you haven't tried to explain why I'm wrong.

Their deal was "come with us and humanity will be saved forever" in which case obviously he wouldn't expect without at least an ounce of explanation. Think about it, if you tell someone you can make them a million dollars if they come with you, do you think they will do it or that they will first ask how?

>>158840599
No they're meant to turn 10 minutes of content into a half hour long show. Cheap anime producers can do this more than the producers of real shows because cheap anime fans are willing to suck their dicks no matter how much smegma is built up around the rim.
>>
File: 134.png (244KB, 706x377px) Image search: [Google]
134.png
244KB, 706x377px
>>158840763
>his orders were to never reveal in the first place. Obviously that doesn't apply once they say who they are, genius
Faking to not understand is also denying suspicions.

>Once again, there's no reason to expect they'd go home with them. Not after that.
That's your own conclusion. There's a reasonable chance they'd pussy out and only try to capture Eren after further preparations since they don't know the scouts picked up on their identities before they told Eren. If Reiner and Bertholdt used wishful thinking, which THEY DID in that scene, they could believe that Eren wouldn't tell anyone about it unless the situation escalated. The reason they started the fight was because they STOPPED using wishful thinking and manned up, something they didn't before.

>Yeah because no one asked them.
Is your attention span so low that you need help to watch fucking Attack on Titan?
>>
>>158840763
>No they're meant to turn 10 minutes of content into a half hour long show. Cheap anime producers can do this more than the producers of real shows because cheap anime fans are willing to suck their dicks no matter how much smegma is built up around the rim.

The only problems with flashbacks are their convenient placement. Having a flashback in the middle of the reveal saying "Oh yeah, we already knew this" feels awfully convenient. You should be seeing things from the perspective of the main character, so when he knows things that you don't, it takes you out of the moment. But showing everything in chronological order doesn't make for good storytelling either, because showing that discussion before they left for Castle Utgard would have completely ruined the reveal. The biggest problem with the reveal is that they made Eren the main character again during that moment when he, Mikasa, and Armin were closer to secondary characters for the first half of the arc since it focused more on Reiner, Bertholdt, Conny, Sasha, Historia, Ymir, etc. and their struggle to survive Titans without any real way of fighting back. The flashback should have been placed after the Armored/Colossal reveal when the focus had gone back to Eren as the main character. Show what he's been up to for the past 7 or 8 episodes.
>>
Eren has an extremely strong "Us vs. them" mentality. For someone who was on his side, a comrade, to turn out to be traitors and the ones responsible for the death of his mother and countless others, it's just hard for him to swallow it. He had a hard time transforming against Annie before their second titan fight because he just couldn't swallow that he had to fight her. With her outed he was on the defense for believing in his comrades so even after Reiner flat out told Eren the truth he couldn't accept it until they transformed right in front of him.
>>
>>158840966
>Having a flashback in the middle of the reveal saying "Oh yeah, we already knew this" feels awfully convenient
SnK usually has awful flashback placement like "thinking of Annie - winning because of it lel" but this one was good.
First you don't know why Eren is acting so calm and almost dumb, and you don't really believe Reiner for telling that so casually. The flashback comes to tell you that this unforeseen twist (probably the most surprising of the series) is actually serious and might blow up very soon while also explaining Eren's behavior and putting you back from his perspective.
>>
>>158840938
Yes but for the third time his orders were not to deny suspicions, also like in your picture he didn't deny suspicions at first. No, it had nothing to do with his orders, it was just bad writing.

>That's your own conclusion
One that isn't retarded unlike this fucking plot.

>Is your attention span so low...
My attention span is pretty low, which makes it worse when they take 10 minutes to respond instantly. Just think of how useless these people would be in any sort of combat anything in real life, which won't pause for you to be shocked and have flashbacks and shit.

>>158840966
I think there are definite cases where the main character knowing something the viewer doesn't can be good writing. I think the way they hid suspicions of Annie from us until she started acting weird was good writing.
>>
File: 23.jpg (464KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
464KB, 1066x1600px
Did the anime skip over this part?
He was literally supposed to try and coax them someplace to be captured.
Mikasa acts first to protect him, but when a fight is unavoidable Eren lets his rage take over.
>>
>>158841216
>his orders were not to deny suspicions
Feigning ignorance is a way to not reveal suspicions. That's what he did. It works.

>One that isn't retarded unlike this fucking plot.
See
>There's a reasonable chance they'd pussy out and only try to capture Eren after further preparations since they don't know the scouts picked up on their identities before they told Eren. If Reiner and Bertholdt used wishful thinking, which THEY DID in that scene, they could believe that Eren wouldn't tell anyone about it unless the situation escalated. The reason they started the fight was because they STOPPED using wishful thinking and manned up, something they didn't before.
They were also about to take their horses to return. If they had hesitated just a little more, they'd have been able to get back home and call it a day.

>My attention span is pretty low
At least you admit it. Your thread is pointless since Eren DID ask them about their hometown and they refused telling him. >>158840938
There's nothing more to be said, really. It shouldn't be that hard to understand a basic shonen.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.