[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One Piece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 509
Thread images: 71

File: posttimeskip-e1460679341748.png (370KB, 477x337px) Image search: [Google]
posttimeskip-e1460679341748.png
370KB, 477x337px
Is it generally agreed that One Piece has taken a huge dip in quality since the timeskip?
>>
Nothing will ever top Water 7
>>
I personally believe it was always bad.
>>
WCI is great.

Big Mom is a crazy bitch that eats people and kills her own children, it's everything I could have hoped for.

All the other villains seem kinda weak/shitty in comparison.
>>
Water 7, and I mean Water 7 not Enies Lobby, was the peak of the manga. It kept slowly going down from there, but I'd say that Punk Hazard and Zou were a little better than the arcs that surrounded them.
>>
It's straight up a fact
There's not a single person on this planet that thinks post Time-Skip One Piece is better than pre Time-Skip
>>
Why do people pretend that Luffy is intentionally never killing anyone?
Early on he used to hit people and when they got back up he would be surprised and say something like "Oh, you are still alive after getting hit by me? You must be tough." This directly shows that he does not really care about the life of his opponents. It's just Oda's refusal to kill characters that stops Luffy from killing.

>>158805139
Nah, it is just that Fishman Island is disliked for just being a set-up to show how strong the strawhats have become, and that kinda left a sour taste for some people.

Dressrosa was an overlong mess with a bunch of problems, but it had a lot of good stuff, and everything after Doflamingo's defeat has been pretty good.
>>
Wan Piss was always bad. Oda also has shit art
>>
File: IMPACT.png (293KB, 853x725px) Image search: [Google]
IMPACT.png
293KB, 853x725px
>>158805165
>>158805189
Both these guys get it. Water 7 is as good as One Piece has ever gotten and ever will get.
>>
>>158805139
No not really, now fuck off with your shit opinions this is a hive mind board and you obviously dont belong
>>
There is just too much going on and Oda even has to break up the main crew and only use part of them to try and focus on all these other characters he is introducing. I feel like the arcs would be better if the whole crew was together. Getting Sanji back feels like it should have been something the whole crew did together. That is what they did with Robin and Nami.
>>
>>158805217
I do
>>
How can you compare them? Post time skip isn't done, so we don't know how it's going to progress.

I agree about Water 7 being the absolute peak of the manga, by the way.
>>
>>158805139
Next 10 years of OP will be be at least 10X better than anything that has come before it. So no, Post TS is superior by far.
>>
File: 1497853953026s.jpg (2KB, 125x113px) Image search: [Google]
1497853953026s.jpg
2KB, 125x113px
God enel arc was best arc you fools <3
>>
>>158805489
Imagine being this deluded
>>
>>158805489
East Blue - Good
Arlong - Great
All the alabasta shit - Good
Drum island - Great
Skypeia - Great
Water 7/Eneis lobby - Amazing
Thriller Bark - Great
Sabaody - Amazing
Amazon lily - Meh
Impel down - Good
Marineford - Good
Fishman Island - Trash
Punk hazard - Trash
Dressrosa - Too fucking long
Zou - Good
Big mom - Good
Post TS is not comparable
>>
I just think Zoro is the weakest character and I don't see how Oda could possibly redeem him. We'll get his backstory eventually. Hopefully next arc.
>>
>>158805705
What the fuck was the point of Chessmarimo? Why was he considered a strong opponent? How come his 'jaw' was his weak point?
>>
>>158805705
>East Blue - Good
I don't think you could sum up East Blue like that, it is very diverse. The bit with captain Morgan is not as good as Logue Town, Usopp's arc is not as good as Sanji's, etc.
>>
>>158805797
Clarification for fightfags:
>Zoro has the weakest character
>>
>>158805852
>opinions
>>
>>158805189
The shorter arcs pretty much always tend to be better than the surrounding ones
>>
more like One Piece of shit
>>
I thought the pacing took a hit but the action and story actually got better. I'm hooked harder than I used to be, but I've always been hooked. I just get less of the story in a single chapter than I used to. like my manga dealer is trying to get me to buy more weight.
>>
>>158805165
enel arc was better
>>
So, do you think Zoro's eye scar is related to his Kitetsu?

>>158805883
>>158805797
If you just mean story wise, sure, he is pretty lackluster. But a character is not defined by his backstory.

Case in point: Chopper. He probably has my favourite backstory of the strawhats (mostly because Chirurg is just such a likable guy), but goddamn is he a useless fucking character and an annoying bitch most of the time.

Zoro shows a bunch of character traits that make him a likable character, like a strong sense of cameradery, honour and dutifullness. His whole speech in Water 7 after Usopp left was great, and him trying to sacrifice himself on Thriller Bark was the tightest shit. He also has smaller moments, like washing Chopper's back in Alabasta and stuff like that. Him clashing with Sanji is a joke that has yet to become stale.

But yeah, he is generally pretty tame, personality-wise. I can see why people would find him boring next to the likes of Franky and Brook. But I don't really see why he needs to be redeemed. He's a simple strong guy with a dream, and that's okay.

>>158805903
I meant that East Blue has too many distinct arcs to be summed up as just "East Blue". That would be like saying "The first half of the Grand Line is my favourite One Piece arc."

>>158805953
Best example is Jaya.
>>
>>158805797
He doesn't need a backstory really, and his character is fine to be honest. Maybe we need some more bro scenes of him training with Law and Brook or something, but he's not badly written really
>>
>>158805883
It's still not true though. Zoro has the best development out o all SHs throughout the manga, a few good gags and great scenes. He's good.
>>
>>158805165
>muh evil government fags
>>
>>158806097
all his moves are the same with a 9 added to them. His fights are the least interesting. And if you think we don't need a backstory on Zoro I don't know what to tell you
>>
>>158806012
Yeah, that is a pretty good summary. The plot lines get more complex and interesting compared to earlier One Piece, it has just gotten to the point where that sometimes clashes with the medium of the "one chapter a week" manga. If you reread One Piece you will notice just how overly simple the plot very often was.

I think the opinion most people seem to have about Dressrosa - that it was better read as a marathon than in small bites - will be the consensus of One Piece as a whole once it is finished.
>>
>>158806067
I'd like to point out that the movies are non-canon, and his left eye glowing was also animeonly to look cool.
>>
>>158806136
>all his moves are the same with a 9 added to them
You mean he got the worst power-up in EL? Yeah, that's true. Still, him struggling to learn new stuff in Alabasta and Skypiea mid-battle is way better than Luffy's, Sanji's, and Chopper's "By th way, I can do this" in this arc.

>And if you think we don't need a backstory on Zoro I don't know what to tell you
He really doesn't. Not everyone needs to have their whole country destroyed or some shit, there's nothing hinting at him having more troubled past than we know.
>>
>>158805189
Zou was shit. It was half flashback and half parties.
>>
>>158806067
I hope his eye is literally nothing. That sort of powerup is cringey as fuck.
>>
>>158806187
This is true. However it should be noted that Oda works on the movies, often designing characters for them, and (as far as I know) he has the last word on colourisation.

But it is true, it might be pure coincidence and that image amounts to absolutely nothing.

>>158806254
I wouldn't put that past Oda. No one has really mentioned Zorro's eye after the timeskip, so it might just be a design choice.

>>158806245
The flashbacks were good though. Zou also had great world building, and the Raizou reveal which was a great moment.
>>
>>158806230
>have their whole country destroyed or some shit
this is a projection
>>
>>158806254
What sort? We don't really know anything about it so it could be anything at all or nothing. It seems sort of intentional though so I feel like it's probably at least something. It'd be pretty damn funny if it was like Naruto though. Doesn't his daughter love Naruto? If your daughter asked you to put a sharingan in your manga, would you do it?
>>
there was no point of the huge Caesar arc, shoulda been a 5-ep filler. After big mom there better be only two arcs, shit needs to end
>>
Current arc might be my second favorite so far. Honestly at this point it's probably just fatigue for most people and not really quality issues. They just want to see it end.
>>
>>158806356
> If your daughter asked you to put a sharingan in your manga, would you do it?
Of course not, bitching is living happy cause of me

And him opening his left eye, which somehow makes him instantly stronger and going "nuttin personal kid" is cringey as fuck.
>>
File: kaidou vs luffy.png (146KB, 235x317px) Image search: [Google]
kaidou vs luffy.png
146KB, 235x317px
>>158806381
>there was no point of the huge Caesar arc
Fun. There was no point in Gaimon either, but we got some world building out of it and it was fun aswell.
>>
File: 1453934877413.jpg (383KB, 1165x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1453934877413.jpg
383KB, 1165x1155px
generally agreed by plebs yes
>>
>>158806466
>And him opening his left eye, which somehow makes him instantly stronger and going "nuttin personal kid" is cringey as fuck.
Peripheral sight is not some arbitrary ow the edge powerup, it is very much a measurable thing that exists in the real world.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (88KB, 850x566px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
88KB, 850x566px
>>158806466
>yfw this happens and for whatever reason that chapter they are dressed up and he's wearing a fedora that's tipped so you can only see that eye glowing
>>
File: 1497363919418.gif (2MB, 279x350px) Image search: [Google]
1497363919418.gif
2MB, 279x350px
>>158806467
also when all the retards were hype about it being "steampunk" the fucking island was called steampunk but had nothing to do with a steampunk setting
>>
>>158805165
Thriller Bark is the peak of One Piece.
>Even if I had allowed you to continue peacefully on your voyage, at your level, death is all you would have found. You're nowhere near ready for the "New World"! Though it would appear you have gathered yourself quite a fine crew....You would only lose it all!!!
>My words come from experience. My subordinates. They were famed, far and wide. Why did I have to lose them all? My friends were lost to me precisely because they were still alive!
>If they had all been zombies, dead from the start, I would have lost nothing! For zombies are invulnerable! Eternal warriors; even if they are purified, a replacement can be found!
>>
>>158806525
>Peripheral sight
Slight gain in peripheral sight is not gonna make you that much stronger.
>>
>>158806467
That arc taught them about the grand line though
>>
>>158806564
>slight
He's literally doubling his eyes so double the power.
>>
>>158806564
A second eye also allows for depth perception, which is a pretty big deal in sword fighting.

>>158806599
>arc
It was one chapter. But yeah, that's what I said with world building. Just like Punk Hazard got us some world building. Every seemingly unrelated arc gets us some of that. People need to stop worrying about the "grand narrative" so much.
>>
>>158806632
You have depth perception with one eye dumbass, two eyes just helps a little in that process. Its not gonna instantly make you uber strong.
>>
>>158806687
>you can see 3d with one eye dumbass
>>
>>158806554
I feel very sorry for Moriah, I hope he's trained over the 2 years to get ripped again. Moriah - Kaidou rematch when?
>>
>>158806703
Not him. I drive with 1 eye open half the time and it's fine, I only open it when slowing to a junction or things like that
>>
>>158806777
They should jail you
>>
>>158806687
Have you ever played sports with one eye closed? My football team does that for training sometimes. You factually do not have depth perception with only one eye, and basically just hit the ball by chance. Your brain does a lot of work filling in missing information with experience, but you do not, in fact, have depth perception with a closed eye.

So if you dislike some weird "eye opening" power up because it is a cheap cliche in manga, you should also dislike that Zorro can fight so well with only one eye to begin with.
>>
>>158806564
If he's doing all of the powerful things he's doing with his left eye just closed, and then he opens it and it still works just fine, it stands to reason he'd see about a third more area around him and have depth perception again. It could be a thing but personally I think it's related to haki and that he only sees with his haki sense in that eye and that this is useful somehow.
>>
>>158806759
I'm not sure that I agree.
I like that Moriah is a salty failure. That's what makes him such an interesting character. He chased his dreams and ran into a brick wall. All of his friends were slaughtered before his eyes and he is left broken because of it. He fears loss so much that he takes the safe route of only having zombies in his crew, and that holds him back from ever actually becoming Pirate King.
To justify him breaking out of the rut would take some time to develop his character further, which would be nice, but I don't think Oda would commit that time to him.
>>
>>158806777
>I drive with 1 eye open half the time
the things you guys make up just to support your 'point' are hilarious
>>
>>158806832
Well, he has plenty of setup for... something.
>>
>>158806844
I've got a problem with one of them, something about a taut tendon I dont really get it,
Also yeah, you are right. I just wanted to put it out there that it's not 100% debilitating
>>
>>158806796
>>158806804
Yeah but the fact that he's already good without his magical eye is BS enough. Having it open and somehow all hell breaks loose is beyond cringey imo. I seriously hope Oda just trolls Zorofags and make his eye a damn gag.
>>
>>158806947
Just out of curiosity, did you also dislike Asura, or Kitetsu cutting on its own in Whiskey Peak?
>>
>>158806986
Nah thats cool imo, just eye opening is too Sasukeish. Asura fits in cause of Haki and it makes sense that swords can have souls in the world of One Piece.

Eye opening is too cliche and a shitty and lazy powerup. It would be better served as a giant gag.
>>
>>158806947
People adapt to having only one eye pretty easily. I have a friend who lost one of her eyes early in life and she drives just fine, played softball even. She can't truly perceive depth with one eye, but she has experience with the size of things and how far they are based on that generally, along with timing or loudness for things with sound. She has a blind side though. It's noticeable, you can't just approach her from the left side and think she sees you. That's a glass eye. She only sees her nose over that way. And the depth perception thing affect her in unfamiliar areas or situations sometimes. It doesn't make her unable to hit a softball. She's done that like a million times. It's muscle memory. She could do it sometimes with both eyes closed probably. She an throw a ball approximately THIS hard because she's thrown a ball THAT hard before and gained the experience to do those things.

It would be a pretty big deal to get it back again though. She wouldn't be blind on that side anymore, and instead of only being able to judge distances based on experience her brain could do it automatically like ii does for most of us. It wouldn't be unlike a superpower honestly, to suddenly have depth perception and also be able to see on the other side of your face.
>>
Once piece stopped being good after water7/ennies lobby
>>
>>158807073
Why Asura fits with haki? None of the explanations for haki seem to explain what Asura was.

Also, if sword souls are okay with you, and the eye is related to that, like that image >>158806067 seems to suggest, then wouldn't that be fine with you?

Point taken, it would be pretty bad if Zoro just learnt some secret eye technique or whatever, but I think it can be pulled off without coming across as overly edgy. Just because Naruto overused it doesn't mean it is bad per se.
>>
>>158807088
That's a shame.
>>
>>158807195
Haki could just have different flavors, or Asura could be an embodiment of the souls of his swords. I'm pretty sure Oda will give an explanation but the eye thing is too retarded and edgy for my tastes.
>>
Post-timeskip One Piece has too many characters and too much going on and Oda seems to want to rush through it as fast as possible. It's really noticeable if you compare old chapters to new chapters.
>>
POST Timeskip has SANA that alone makes it better...
>>
>>158805139
It kind of lost its sense of exploration and wonder. And I think they added too many characters, there hasn't been much character development for the crew members lately.
>>
>>158806554
Stupid Goofy Shit with Underwhelming Goofy Villain: The arc.

It also set a precedent for more stupid goofy shit designs since then: timeskip crew designs like franky and chopper, gyojin island overall and now big mom arc.
>>
>>158805139
I stopped following One Piece weekly because after the whitebeard war it became so slow, boring and uninspired I lost all hype for the weekly chapter.
>>
>>158805235
>Nah, it is just that Fishman Island is disliked for just being a set-up to show how strong the strawhats have become, and that kinda left a sour taste for some people.
>Dressrosa was an overlong mess
These
>>
>>158807311
The embodiment of his spirit, Enbina Yonezu Oni Giri was another example of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=819dkMMb38A
>>
>>158807391
>It's really noticeable if you compare old chapters to new chapters.
I've recently read through One Piece' earlier chapters, and a lot of shit happens very fast. It is just that less is going on, so a bigger chunk of it fits in one chapter. If anything Oda rushed stuff back then.

The speed has stayed relatively the same, just the scope has grown, and so the pace has suffered.
>>
Not really.
>>
>>158807599
Did that scene really have an attack name in the manga? I only remembered that "spirit" being a rather small panel that wasn't that important.

Also, how is this less edgy than the edge eye?
>>
>>158805852
Arlong Park
Baratie
Syrup village
Orange Town
Logue Town
Romance Dawn
>>
>>158807657
Yeah, check this link
http:// kissmanga. com/Manga/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics/Chapter-387?id=328627
Whatever qualms you might have with kissmanga, its all there and there arent any popups, what more could you want?
>>
>>158807904
I like kissmanga and their function to show the entire chapter on one page. It is convenient when reading One Piece on the Wii U pad.
>>
>>158807964
>reading One Piece on the Wii U pad
I genuinely can't imagine this
>>
So what was the announcement?
>>
Do we get a chapter today?
>>
>>158808152
No, Oda is having a break this week
>>
>>158808184
Fucking lazy piece of shit. They said that his health is normal, why the fuck then he keeps taking these annoying breaks?
>>
>>158808234
Let the man get some rest, okay? Let's be all glad that things are getting interesting at least
>>
>>158806245
The twist behind Raizou is enough to redeem any flaw Zou has.
>>
>>158805139

It's always been that way. It's simply because the spark, the initial fascination and wonder you had, has faded.
>>
>Asura was never foresh-
>>
>>158805139
this is fact OP, and anyone denies this is just being too much of a fanboy to see the obvious dip in quality. Water 7 was the peak of One Piece and I'm sad as shit my favorite anime will never be nearly as good again

even in the best Post TS arcs all the characters have become one dimensional and luffy doesn't have that badass pirate side to him anymore
>>
File: OP chapters release.png (120KB, 1208x1189px) Image search: [Google]
OP chapters release.png
120KB, 1208x1189px
Think of HxH and rejoice

Also 5 days and 16 hours until spoilers
>>
>>158808419
The arc structure has become all too predictable.

That, and the story is now so full of characters and plot points that we rarely get moments with impact and emotion like some of the Water 7 stuff. It's too busy trying to get a bunch of characters from A to B like the most recent arc.
>>
Why do you guys overrate Water 7 so much?

Is it because of Usopp vs Luffy?
>>
>>158808272
>interesting
What exactly is going to happen i wonder. Will Luffy kick BM's ass with gia faivu monkey god awakening? Or what? I need some god damn answers
>>
>>158808724
It's because of everything. It's a great arc all the way through. But yes, Luffy VS Usopp is a highlight of the series.
>>
I've re-read everything before the timeskip many times, but haven't re-read anything after the timeskip.
>>
>>158808821
>beause of everything
List some points, you lazy meme-loving fuck
>>
>>158808673
he's taking too many breaks and the manga suffers as a result. Just look at the first 300 chapters
>>
>>158808012
Why not?
>>
File: Best Nami.jpg (64KB, 576x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Best Nami.jpg
64KB, 576x1296px
>>158808724
Cos of Nami`s outfit. Its literally 10\10 design choice and should have stayed.
>>
>>158808234
His health is normal because he takes these breaks.
>>
>>158805139
>1000 chapters
>20 years into the story
>they still never found the one piece
What did Oda mean by this?
>>
>>158808450
>foreshadoing something 5 chapters before it happens is foreshadowing
>>
>>158808699
>The arc structure has become all too predictable.
Dunno, Whole Cake has been all over the place so far. Did you predict the assassination attempt?

>we rarely get moments with impact and emotion like some of the Water 7 stuff
We just had that on Zou.
>>
>>158808752
this is what is going to happen and you all are going to defend this asspull because GODA can do no wrong!
>>
File: 1477514099936.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1477514099936.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>OP thread without shipfags

How fleeting.
>>
>>158809579
It's about 10, if you want foreshadowing, Embina Yonezu, and other spiritual or demonic attacks. If you want specific references to Buddhism his 36 pound cannon is an example of how the various numbers associated with spiritualism in religions etc can be used for attacks.
>>
>>158808724
Luffy was fun loving without being a retard. Usopp took things seriously and was more than one dimensional. Best art. Best island, italy is cool.. Mafia looking villains with a really cool betrayal. Zoro acted like a first mate. Sanji had his Mr. Prince moments. The mystery behind franky and iceberg. Trains are pretty cool. Countdown to the flood. Destroying the franky shack, probably the most pirate thing they have ever done. Luffys father reveal. Robin getting curbstomped and proving that she cares. And koby coming back.

I could go on but nobody is going to read this. Maybe i should have greentexted
>>
>>158809691
I read that, in case you care.

>>158809684
That's all fine and dandy. I just think that one case of Kaku mentioning his aura before they fought is not really foreshadowing. It is basically already part of the events that are being "foreshadowed".
>>
>>158809773
Okay, Asura specifically wasn't foreshadowed. Strength and development with reference to spiritualism was foreshadowed, or explicitly shown to happen every time he's had a milestone. He doesn't literally gain 2 heads and 4 arms anyway.
>>
why do these gooks force so many fuckin breaks?
>>
>>158809892
Because Oda's health would be at risk if they didn't.
>>
>>158809863
>Okay, Asura specifically wasn't foreshadowed.
Well, yeah, that was my entire point.

>He doesn't literally gain 2 heads and 4 arms anyway.
Well, not "literally" literally. Just, you know, somewhat literally. The affect of the 4 extra arms is there.
>>
Is it generally agreed that OP is a huge faggot?
>>
>>158809892
so that the anime can catch up
>>
>>158809948
Not really shown that the effect is there, I'm looking at the chapter now for any indication that it does, and to be honest, it's just the same as though he just tried a bit harder
>>
File: ihaveautism.png (268KB, 720x798px) Image search: [Google]
ihaveautism.png
268KB, 720x798px
NEW CHAPTER IS OUT
http://readms.net/r/one_piece/870/4345/1
>>
>>158810473
Nice.
>>
File: tumblr_orxsfl1URL1r1b788_og_raw.jpg (209KB, 1417x1890px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orxsfl1URL1r1b788_og_raw.jpg
209KB, 1417x1890px
I hope someone fix this image. Nami clearly was looking at Luffy.
>>
File: 1497541476172.png (187KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497541476172.png
187KB, 300x300px
End game right here, brothers
>>
>>158810671
>>158810586
Oda said there would be no romance within the strawhats.
>>
>>158810586
>>158810671
You're one clever shitposter, stirring both sides of the conflict up to ruin our threads.
>>
File: 1497655242732.png (492KB, 629x449px) Image search: [Google]
1497655242732.png
492KB, 629x449px
>>158810917
It's been hinted anon...
>>
>>158810917
>>158810943
>Its one guy hurr
That first one wasn't even me and if you see the image he was being ironic since she is looking at Sanji there
>>
>>158810586
>>158810671
Topkek. That's some serious samefaggotry.
>inb4 edited (you)s
>>
>>158810947
Those are obvious jokes, compared to direct statements from Oda.

I will now stop replying to you.
>>
>>158805139
I think everyone can agree it hasn't been as good, but HUGE dip, no not at all
>>
>>158810982
>>158810947
Too obvious. Take the hint that only shippers like shippers. Make a separate /opg/ for shipping, the rules allow it.
>>
>>158806832
Not every character needs to stay static though.
>>
>>158805139
Yes.

Zou and WCI are decent tho.
>>
File: 1497533675410.jpg (750KB, 972x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1497533675410.jpg
750KB, 972x1090px
>>158810988
So you are autistic enough to not believe a screenshot.
Okay thanks for letting me know how in denial you are.
>>158811121
What does that have to do with me being 2 persons at the same time?

I guarantee you fags will spam the shit out of this thread when Pudding gets redeem about how I got BTFO and stuff like that. And I guarantee you none of you fags will complain but then when nothing happens with Pudding and Sanji and then I spam you fags got BTFO all of you snowflakes will start crying again about there is no romance bla bla bla
>>
File: everyone agrees.png (137KB, 821x712px) Image search: [Google]
everyone agrees.png
137KB, 821x712px
>>158810982
Everyone agreed that Oda made a mistake drawing /our panel/ and is going to fix it in the volume release. Stop false flagging L*N*blimp.
>>
>>158805139
The main characters have become too powerful, there's no feeling of wonder and fear. The fact we know Luffy can essentially body any opponent on his own takes away so much of the adventure.
>>
No.
>>
>>158811316
>>158811319
See? It's not me, sweetie. I guess you will have to abandon your one person boogeyman.
>>
>>158811296
>decent
Fuck off nostalgiafag.
>>
>Pudding
Just caught up with the manga. What a fucking bitch.
>>
>>158811316
Fuck no, I hate shippers of any kind, fuck NaPu, SaPu, SaNa, NaLu, LuHa. Any of these discussed is fine, shitflinging like you were doing is just retarded.
>>
>>158805139
maybe it became a bit worse but its still very good.
>>
>>158808234
editors force him to take breaks, they don't want to turn him into another togashi
>>
>>158811373
The edit makes her look scared and/or nervous
>>
>>158811953
She got butterflies in here stomach. Also excuse my little retarded cousin's edit
>>
File: 20170845_24153.png (189KB, 1211x931px) Image search: [Google]
20170845_24153.png
189KB, 1211x931px
>>158811776
As long as you realize that not everyone who disagrees with you is the same person, sweetie!
>>
>>158809574
I think 1000 chapters might be around the actual end since iirc correct Oda said ace's death was the half way point
>>
>>158811816
It's a meme. WCI is, objectively, the best arc in the serie.
>>
>>158808272
>>158809652
>>158809530
>>158811927
Oda apologists are worse than shippers
>>
>>158812062
(you)
>>
>>158812000
So you agree that shipping shitposting is cancer?
>>
>>158805139
cause w7 and skypeia was so good in comparison everything else seemed like it went down hill

next arc after big mom is probably gonna be shanks or black beard
>>
>>158812146
I'm pretty sure after Big Mom is Wano and Kaido, considering half the crew are there waiting.
>>
>>158812000
So you agree that shipping shitposting is cancer?
>>
>>158812276
If you know it's shitpositng why are you responding to it?
>>
File: IMG_20170622_091416.jpg (540KB, 2048x2047px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170622_091416.jpg
540KB, 2048x2047px
>Its nothing
>>
File: 1497828233665.png (708KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497828233665.png
708KB, 750x500px
>>158812130
>>158812276
I agree that SaNa will be canon soon, sweetie.
>>
>>158808078
>>158812324
Luffy's mom in Wano
>>
>>158805139
You've just grown, and now you like more edge.
>>
>>158805217
I do
>>
>>158812327
I dont fucking CARE what's canon. SaNa is nice, theyre a cute couple. Okay they're a couple. Can you shut up about shipping now?
I'll say exactly the same thing to the SaPu faggots when they inevitably arrive.
>>
File: luffy_rings_shandorian_bell.png (287KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
luffy_rings_shandorian_bell.png
287KB, 640x480px
JUST read up to pic related.

Does Oda really top this arc?
>>
>>158812468
It's get only better later.
>>
>>158812454
No one will complain when SaPoofags spam "BTFO" whenever Pepe gets redeemed.
You fags only cry when you are losing
>>
File: SOON.png (197KB, 757x325px) Image search: [Google]
SOON.png
197KB, 757x325px
>>158812454
>Can you shut up about shipping now?
No because it's not about the ship for me, it's about the validation and attention I get. SaNa is nice but it's only something I like and support on the side. You LuNautists are like an infinite fountain of tears. It's great.
>>
Filtering "sweetie" is the best thing i've ever done.
>>
File: Friendly old person.jpg (110KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
Friendly old person.jpg
110KB, 500x279px
Oda, where's my friend Zoro?
>>
It is generally agreed, but people who agree with it are wrong.
>>
>>158812496
Why can't you just stick to /pol/, then? You'll find lots of tears there. Racist scum really shouldn't show up in a thread for civilized people.
>>
Which Strawhat will next get Conqueror's Haki?
>>
Is One Piece worth the time investment? Is there one piece of it that I could read that it's especially known for or something?
>>
>>158812788
Sanji.
>>
>>158805217
I do
>>
>>158812788
Zori
>>
>>158812765
Shut the fuck up.WE'RE the ones with the vtop board traffic so WE decide how things are run around here. You don't have a say anymore.
>>
>>158812765
>"I only do it for attention and validation"
>Oh I better respond to it more, then
THIS IS YOUR FAULT YOU IDIOT
>>
>>158812574
Same, oh my fucking god.
>>158812765
>racist scum
I'm the guy arguing with them, where the fuck did "racist scum" come from? You're so obsessed with finding racism and taking offence that you found it in a nearly innocuous post.
If you're that easily disturbed, consider going >>>/out/
>>
File: IMG_20170620_084130.jpg (130KB, 2048x1167px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170620_084130.jpg
130KB, 2048x1167px
>>158812765
>>158812926
>>158812934
Please excuse my little retarded cousin.
But it's funny how he said he does it for your tears and you fags literally reply with "please stop making me cry wahh"
LuNafags are so sensitive
>>
File: Reiju.png (1MB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Reiju.png
1MB, 1280x2160px
Why she's so perfect ?
>>
>>158805189

I disagree. Alabasta is still my favorite part of the series.
>>
>>158805139
If Dressrosa wasn't such an enormous padded flop than it would be on par. But that and FI really ruin the reputation of post time skip.
Luckily WCI has been really fun and still has a lot of oomf left as everybody tries to escape, and Sanji still needs to have SOME fucking moment.
>>
>>158813098
Thick Thighs save Lives.
>>
>>158805139
The manga? No.
The anime? Yes. It's shit since Merry's Viking funeral.
>>
>>158805189
This, everything after Water 7 and up until the timeskip was essential though and a great conclusion to the series...the time-skip is just a One Piece parody manga that is also great every now and then. It's worth it for huge fans to keep up with it since there's all the familiar characters that you want to see but I'd never recommend it to someone who isn't craving more One Piece in their lives.
>>
>>158805217
I don't think it's worse. Its contemporaries fail to compete in character development, world building, and a beautiful weave of subplot and main plot development. All the new world has done is improve upon these aspects. Its only criticisms could be that the quality of the illustrations is in decline and that the pacing feels slow, both to be expected in the epic narrative that is One Piece due to the fact that real people have to make these chapters week after week(One Piece began serialization in jump in 1997).
>>
>>158805139
FI and Dressrosa were really bad keeping up week to week, Dressrosa in particular dragged for way too long. WCI was mostly great with the last 6~7 chapter dragging again
>>
>>158813301
I just can't help but feel there's so much left to cover (Wano, Kaido, the Reveire, Shanks, BB, actually getting to Raftel and finding the treasure) that it just can't be concluded well the way it's going now.
>>
>>158805705
>Amazon Lily-Meh
>>
>>158806796
Eh, it's unlikely Zoro needs either of his eyes considering motherfucking haki, he probably got rid of the one himself just to give him a challenge
>>
>>158813345
>Dressrosa in particular dragged for way too long.
The string clone shit was really unnecessary and only really served to dick around the weekly readers. I mean who else remembers reading weekly with that string clone shit, it sucked.

That chapter with Luffy and Law jobbing to the string clone in the tunnel was seriously just the worst.
>>
>>158812788
Usopp
>>
>>158812788
>>158812864
>>158812897
none of them cuz counqer's haki is for leaders and they are underlings.
>>
>>158807391
I don't think you can complain that he rushes AND that he has too much stuff, it's true he does both but I think he got trapped in it and now it's far too late to stop either one

If he slowed down the pace any, we'd all die before the series finished and if he dropped the ten billion story threads he has going on, none of the stuff he has hinted at would come to fruition, which would make it obvious he's never had a plan at all

Like every chapter he raises more questions than he answers, I do wonder sometimes if he has any intent to resolve anything, if he does, he must be a ridiculously optimistic guy for how long he thinks he'll be able to do this
>>
>>158813875
Ace and Rayleigh had it though
>>
>>158813409
Me too. In fact the ending could very well disappoint us, even if we get conclusions to all of the plot lines that have been developing for years now. The sad reality is that these last 3-5 years of one piece should be the best, filled with non-stop hype and build up. Instead it seems like we've been corrupted by narutofags(nothing against Naruto just the fanbase) who want to constantly complain about a series rather than have actual conversation about this week's chapter. I think we may look back at these years as the best era of one piece, if we can learn to ignore the constant muckraking by anons who can't make compelling threads.
>>
>>158813345
>with the last 6~7 chapter dragging again
You fucking retard.
>>
>>158813946
they both used it when they were leaders or their own man
>>
>>158808724
For one, the art quality was probably the best in the series...but it's really pretty unique in the series and has the most high tension for the best pay-off

Plus, it gave us the two best flashbacks of the crew in Franky and Robin, and in many ways it's the one that established the government as corrupt rather than just people doing their job, it totally justified the whole piracy thing in a way very few arcs do (since most of the time they do the good thing but with bounties on their heads and that causes them to get negative attention, whereas in Water 7 they were forced to wage war against the entire government directly and actually be pirates and revolutionaries)

Plus, it began the trend of them losing brutally all the time with the Aokiji first encounter and just generally had a sense of realistic struggles they would have faced
>>
>>158811362
Ironic because he is generally considered too weak, even by Oda himself...we'll see how this current arc goes but I suspect he will get help beating Big Mom and winning things by himself seems like the past already, the last fight he could win by himself was against fucking Caesar, a literal clown, with as weak as Oda writes him, it seems unreasonable to believe he will ever be able to compete one on one with the Yonko without a serious asspull...I mean, what could he do in one week that he couldn't in two years
>>
>>158814625
>literally farts so hard doflamingo gets jobbed in one shot
>too weak
Whatever you say senpai.
>>
>>158813409
So much this...and it's like crazy to think even just with some characters that we've basically gotten more screentime from like filler in Big Mom's crew that just go introduced then we have of numerous major characters in the entire manga...will we ever get the Dragon pay-off? Or Green Bull? Or Weevil? Or Vegapunk? Or CP0? Or Kuma? Or Mihawk?

I mean most of Shanks' screentime still comes from a single chapter that was released twenty fucking years ago!
>>
Objectively post-timeskip isn't worse than pre-timeskip, it's all a matter of sensations ... What do you value most in this history? Depending on the answer you will prefer one stage of the series or another.

And when something is 20 years old, the nostalgia factor is inevitable. It happens with One Piece and it happens with everything in this life.
>>
>>158814860
Doffy was considerably weakened at that point but Luffy wasn't strong enough to defeat him in his g4 timelimit, which when over, makes him even more vulnerable than how it used to be when he used g3. G4 wasn't enough against Cracker either even though it's his new ultimate move.
>>
>>158814992
bad writing
>>
>>158805705
>east blue - good
>drum island - great
overall, they were both shit arcs with good moments, and since you could read/watch them all the way through with no breaks, you remember the better stuff (chopper's flashback, sanji vs gin etc) more strongly than the shit. if you had to sit through one episode or chapter a week of syrup village or fucking wapol you'd detest them almost as much as fishman island is (deservedly) hated
>>
>>158814860
It would be one thing if he could actually do that on demand but he can't, Cracker proved that...you can say "muh getting serious now" until you're blue in the face but the fact is he willing allowed other people to die for his sake and almost killed himself just because he wanted to hold off on his finisher then, it was a culmination of defeats that destroyed Doffy, not the punch

In the relative sense this is no different then when he beat Crocodile in Gear 1 only to get his ass blasted by Aokiji days later...all the Yonkou could kill him without even trying
>>
>>158815092
every character could kill him if this wasn't a fucking manga
>>
>>158815013
They were also like a fraction of the length, which is what many of the arcs in the New World should have been
>>
Now I feel old saying this but when I first posted on OP forums in high school the response to arcs like Skypea and Thriller Bark were way more negative than they are now and people always complained that Alabasta went on too long. A lot of this stuff is a lot better when you come and read it all at once instead of in real time.
>>
>>158815180
The point is he is not "too strong", he's portrayed as being very weak for years now

If you want too strong, go to Naruto where out of nowhere the protagonist goes from a rookie to suddenly beating all of the most powerful people in the universe until he's literally fighting god without facing a single challenge or having to endure any training that required work and wasn't just muh chosen one

Luffy loses fights and suffers consequences all the time
>>
>>158815323
to me it seems its always the same
>get almost killed and wins
tho i feel like lucci was the last "really hard fight" he got
everything else have been unrelated to him
shitty counter devil fruids like madgellan and ceaser or being underwater because reasons
>naruto didn't trained
not defending naruto but..he did have training
tho i dont remember any training other than rasengan
>>
>>158814099
I doubt CoC just something that turns off when you're around certain people
>>
File: Bunnyscout.gif (2MB, 540x391px) Image search: [Google]
Bunnyscout.gif
2MB, 540x391px
We NEED Carrot to join.
CARROT for Nakama
>>
>>158816387
BOHNK
>>
Fishman was shit, Punk Hazard was good, Dressrosa was good, but dragged on like 20 chapters too long, and Whole Cake is amazing.
All in all OP is a faggot with shit opinions.
>>
>>158816387
Carrot for grand fleet nakama! Supporting the crew from the sidelines with Pedro and the other minks!
>>
>>158816464
and Zou was great cant forget that woops
>>
>>158816387
Carrot is Chopper who traded his only useful skill for tits.
>>
can it be Wano yet?
>>
>>158816662
This.
Zoli getting BTFO is the only thing keeping me going
>>
File: 1357175861329.png (184KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1357175861329.png
184KB, 500x375px
>>158805186
>>
How do we ruin WCI Arc?

>Gear Asspull
>Pudding redemption
>Big Mom getting defeated
>>
File: 31317 - 1.jpg (965KB, 1911x1390px) Image search: [Google]
31317 - 1.jpg
965KB, 1911x1390px
>>158816662
The 3 OGs did it first
>>
Zoro, Nami, Usopp and Sanji
vs
Chopper, Robin, Franky and Brook

Who wins?
>>
>>158812468
argueably the arc after the next one is better
argueably
>>
>>158815209
Fucking thank you
>>
So how does this tie Big Mom into Wano and Kaidou without a direct chase scene?
>>
>>158808724
Before w7 i thought oda was pretty bad at character design but cp9 changed my mind, i fucking loved kaku and his giraffe forms
>>
>>158817055
Zori solos them. Nami, Usopp and Sanji not needed.
>>
>>158805852
I think usopp is shit, that's why his arc is shit.
>>
>>158805139
Looking at actual objective sales figures, the series has been dropping in popularity since the timeskip happened 7 years ago. But it's still the best selling manga of all time by a mile, and there could be other reasons for the series' slow decline in quality, such as that it has been going for so long now that many older readers have just lost interest as they grow up, and newer readers are put off even trying to catch up with it because it's so goddam long.
>>
>>158806067
Chopper is literally the dog of one piece kinda like scooby doo. Not really useful to the gang but its there for the cute factor.
>>
>>158806777
>I drive with one eye open half the time.
>>
>>158807420
If anything, you faggot make our One Piece experience worse
>>
>>158817202
Usopp was actually a decent human being in his arc. He was a coward, but he showed some real bravery. His arc had nothing else going on in it though. I guess Jango was kinda funny, all with the self-hypnotizing and shit, but that was it.
>>
File: 3941689-9801264766-One_P.jpg (224KB, 1456x1063px) Image search: [Google]
3941689-9801264766-One_P.jpg
224KB, 1456x1063px
>>158816983
The Shogun is going to be a tiger zoan swordsman, isn't he?
>>
>>158817471
Dragon*
>>
>>158808234
The man works OT to create these mangas. Sometimes he rarely goes home and stays in the office away from his family so that we can enjoy it from time to time u ungrateful little shit.
>>
>>158817496
No, Kaido has that.
>>
>>158813098
Because the shipperfags haven't lat he'd onto her completely yet.
>>
>>158817649
Kaidou will have the Oni mythical Zoan.
>>
>>158817403
Why does SaNa trigger you so much LuNafag?
>>
File: stay mad lunaplebs.png (1MB, 1063x751px) Image search: [Google]
stay mad lunaplebs.png
1MB, 1063x751px
>>158817403
Why can't LuNawhales stop getting triggered? It's been over a week now. Does SaNa being canon really bother you that much? I wouldn't read the volume release, sweety.
>>
>>158817968
Definitely not a shipper. I just dislike people like you. Nothing else to do but shitposts in these threads. The thread was fine until 'SaNafag #7' showed up

Not even sure if I could tell the baiters and the real shitposters apart at this point, but you all deserve to fall down a flight of subway steps.
>>
>>158817968
>>158818113
>>158818208

Oh, and nice samefaging. Really bolsters my point that you have nothing but time on your hands
>>
File: sweetie sama.png (509KB, 720x913px) Image search: [Google]
sweetie sama.png
509KB, 720x913px
>>158818271
You might be right, sweety, but what better way to spend it than posting here and harvesting your L*N*mad tears? Also, It's not samefagging, that's just my retarded little cousin. Ignore her. Pic related, it's her.
>>
>>158818271
>Its one person with 7 proxies
Is turbo autist back? Or are LuNafags this retarded?
>>
Is there a reason the chapter is late this week?
>>
File: 20170615_075204.png (117KB, 355x270px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_075204.png
117KB, 355x270px
>>158818413
If you're going to false flag at least be original. Why are you copying like if you were mentally challenged
>>
>>158818541
Yes. Unfortunately raws will be an entire week late this chapter. Nobody's said the reason yet.
>>
File: 1467141344036.jpg (70KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
1467141344036.jpg
70KB, 530x530px
>>158818422
I never said anything about '7 proxies'. At this point you're incriminating yourself.

This is the last thing I'll say to you for the time being. Not up to waste my day talking to you and your '7 proxies'
>>
>>158818605
Oh, well thanks for giving me a real answer!
>>
>>158818614
You are calling everyone a samefag. You are pretty cancer or just stupid
>>
>>158818605
>>158818655
>the real reason
Oda is a lazy faggot. That's why
>>
Reminder that commander dogteeth saved the arc
>>
File: sword.png (575KB, 598x1234px) Image search: [Google]
sword.png
575KB, 598x1234px
>>158819262
Reminder that Sanji is going to make mochi out of katakuri this arc.
>>
>>158817055
Luffy
>>
File: 1497019883029.jpg (40KB, 399x462px) Image search: [Google]
1497019883029.jpg
40KB, 399x462px
It got boring as fuck then when i realised how long the series is gonna be i just dropped it.
>>
I remember reading Enies Lobby on a weekly basis and hearing people bitching about its length, too. Granted, it didn't feel nearly as drawn out when reread.

Never forget the shit storm that ensued when Merry came to the rescue at the end and everyone bitched about Oda being unable to kill a boat.
>>
>>158816958
>Muh escape
>Muh fake treat
>Muh get wrecked but defeat Kaido the following week
>>
>>158817055
Sanji or Zoro can solo them all (minus Robin for Sanji).
>>
File: tumblr_orm30zeWND1vwqt8uo1_1280.png (780KB, 1280x1018px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orm30zeWND1vwqt8uo1_1280.png
780KB, 1280x1018px
>>158819406
Keep reading for SaNa! It should be canon soon!
>>
>>158819478
marco alone is a bigger help than everyone luffy has now
>>
>>158819539
Marco is good at jobbing that's it.
>>
>>158819609
>Marco is good at jobbing that's it.
A lot of people overlook this. He might not even have his fruit the next time we see him depending on if Blackbeard can take a living person's ability.
>>
>>158819478
>muh escape
How the fuck is this terrible? Luffy only wants to rescue Sanji and the Vinsmoke family.
>>
Do you guys think Marco could of beaten Blackbeard without the gura gura?
>>
I stopped reading this shit round gear 4 arc

What's sabo been doing since then?
>>
>>158819742
Leading Burgess to the revolutionaries secret base so that the BB pirates could show up and sack the place.
>>
>>158819669

And take FI for good as well.

I don't want to believe how can think that they will just escape right now this is beyond retarded.
>>
>>158819742
Featured in a cover story with Dragon and Koala reacting to the SH bounties.

Then fucking off from their HQ when Blackbeard attacked them.
>>
>>158819820
>Vinsmokes contact their army to save them with their futuristic bullshit
>Tomatobox explodes upon impact or someone opening it and makes the tower fall
>Bege asspulls a new move with his castle form
>>
File: SAPUBTFO.png (83KB, 752x324px) Image search: [Google]
SAPUBTFO.png
83KB, 752x324px
she's in love
>>
>>158812468
no
>>
>>158819992
LuNa and SaPu legit confirmed by this panel
>>
Well it's time to abandon thread, someone make a new one
>>
File: SaNa Soon.png (302KB, 540x267px) Image search: [Google]
SaNa Soon.png
302KB, 540x267px
>>158820079
Nope, Oda made a mistake, sweety. Look at her hand in that same panel. It's all kinds of messed up. I suggest you all wait and see what kind of changes we can expect in the anime/full volume.
>>
>>158820117
What if we just stopped having threads until an actual chapter dropped?
This isn't going to get any better just by making new threads and hoping the retards stay away.
>>
Katakuri is literally just Trebol 2.0
>>
>>158820079
You do know Luffy is not in that direction right? Lmao how retarded are LuNafags?
>>
Are the PowerManga translations better than Manga Stream ones ? I'm catching up with One Piece and currently reached the part where PM started translating.
>>
>>158805705
Did you just rank Drum Island above Alabasta?

>Skypeia - Great

Well fuck. It just gets better.

>Thriller Bark above Alabasta

The fuck?
>>
>>158820634
yes
>>
File: LuNaBlimps BTFO!.png (138KB, 752x326px) Image search: [Google]
LuNaBlimps BTFO!.png
138KB, 752x326px
I seriously can't see how anyone would think she is looking at Luffy unless they are 100% retarded. She is clearly supposed to be looking at Sanji in this panel. Pic related
>>158820634
Yes, niggastream has their epithet for a reason.
>>
>>158805165
Water 7 - Shabondy - Impel Down/Marineford was the peak
>>
>>158820703
>>158820725
Thanks.
>>
>>158805165
>>158805189
These.

The timeskip is shit because the storytelling changed too much. It was more interesting when it was a small group of underdog pirates exploring this ominous, dangerous, ever-expaning world, but now all the plots hamfist way too many characters, and like other battle shonen, it developed into powerwank DBZ-esque shit. Haki is fucking cancer and ruined the action. Should've just ended desu.
>>
>>158820979
a small group of underdog pirates can't become pirate king.

You were setting yourself up for disappointment if you thought it would stay this way.
>>
>>158805139
>timeskip
No, Thriller Bark. It's still decent.
>>
Even if we can agree that the quality has taken a dive, will One Piece have an ending as unsatisfying as Bleach's?
>>
>>158809691
I read it, anon. Everything is on point.
>>
>>158813704
>The string clone shit wasn't needed
It's a power that makes perfect sense. It matches his personality and rumors.
>>
You are in charge of a competitive 2.5D One piece fighting game roster list.

Which characters will you add?
>>
>>158820634
Niggerstream is objectively better than Viz.
>>
Huge dip is an understatement
>>
Anyone else thought Kuro's motivations were weak? It made sense up until the cat pirates jobbed and it had already become dawn yet he still wanted to continue his 'plan' despite the fact that at that point killing everyone wouldn't land him his 'peace and quiet' life he set up the plan for to begin with. I realize One Piece is a comedy and all. But that moment honestly bothers me more than it should.
>>
>>158821542
All SHs
Jinbe
Buggy
Croc
Akainu
Blackbeard
Shanks (Unlockable)
Ace (Unlockable)
Smoker
Tashigi
Law
Kidd
Doffy
>>
>>158821644
He was pissed because they lost and just wanted them all to die out of frustration.
>>
>>158821542
>Luffy
>Zoro
>Sanji
>Nami
>Chopper
>Usopp
>Robin
>Franky
>Brook
>Sabo
>Doflamingo
>Hancock
>Mihawk
>Jinbe
>Crocodile
>Kuzan
>Sakasuki
>Blackbeard
>Whitebeard
>Big Mom
>Kaido
>Shanks
>>
Could Blackbeard have ever killed Whitebeard without all the damage the Marines did first?
>>
>Moria no longer wants to lose friends
>Kaido wants to reunite with his friends

DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>158822414
no he understimated how strong WB was without his fruit

He did learn from his mistake since he wanted to steal more powers before challenging the likes of Akainu head on.
>>
File: 544-6.png (2MB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
544-6.png
2MB, 760x1200px
How is Luffy going to beat Teach without his rubber powers?
>>
wtf are burger king and cosmo legit gay or was that fujo just having crazy fantasies again?
>>
>>158821764
>Putting Raboon and Namwee in a fighting game
fuck off burning blood
>>
>>158822788
punch really hard
>>
>>158822788
It's a comedy. Oda will find a way.
>>
>>158822788
Awakening. He'll stretch his powers to infinity
>>
>>158822913
All the SHs must be playable. That's a mandatory rule required for every One Piece game.
>>
I always thought nami x usopp was a better couple
>>
>>158821614
Indeed, huge dip is an understatement to how good One Piece story is to the point it's pretty much a contradictory statement.
>>
>>158823065

Are logia basically fully awakening fruits, and that's why they are considered to be the strongest ?
>>
I fell out of love with One Piece after the Whitebeard War, and stopped following it weekly after Fishman Island, which was terrible. I really missed it, because it was my favorite manga of all time until the timeskip. I tried to break back into it with Dressrosa twice, but just couldn't find it in me to keep going.

And then I gave it a third try, caught up, and haven't been happier. Dressrosa, archivally, gets good about halfway in. Zou is a breath of fresh air after all that, and WCI is amazing. I don't know why the timeskip had to start off so poorly, but Oda found his footing again.
>>
>>158813098
man I didnt expect Reiju to look.so hot in that romper
>>
>>158821542
All SHs
Buggy
Mihawk
Smoker
Vivi&Carue
Crocodile
Ace
Enel
Aokiji
Rob Lucci
Gecko Moria
Kuma
Kizaru
Boa Hancock
Jinbe
Mr. 2 Bon Clay
Marco
Whitebeard
Akainu
Blackbeard
Caesar
Trafalgar Law
Doflamingo
Issho
Sabo
Cavendish
Barto
Carrot
Capone Bege (Zoner for now, needs more fights)

>tfw no good 1vs1 from the Big Mom Family and I don't want to include Big Mom
>>
File: one-piece0115.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
one-piece0115.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Water 7/Enies Lobby might be the best, but I don't think it has gone down all that much after the time skip.
>>
I always felt that Impel Down was the best, myself. Love Water 7, though. Penis Lobby was bad.
>>
>>158805165
Water seven
>Great usage of Storm theme - there is nothing better for drama and betrayals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCq4-r9annU
>more Sanji hype than whole Sanji arc
>that build up for Merry "death" and then her rescuing strawhats
>That Usopp and his disagreement with Luffy
>that Franky, who started as mob boss and ended up as the broest of bros
> that nice working guys > actually CP9 boo hoo whatcha gonna do about it Paulie plottwist
>generaly that "everything is fucking up" tension
>that smooth transition into Ennies Lobby, the second best OP arc

Basically we have: lesson about friendship and not giving up on it,
Also about respecting decisions of your capitan, about giving second chance to your brothers,
About chasing that girl that thinks that she doesn't fit in and not letting her go
I dunno, everything seemed to be on it's place

and now we have millions of fanservice or just bullshit elements - Pedro seemed cool at first, but he has no actual place in this story, he is just furry Zoro but without his quirks and loyalty to Luffy. Just Zoro would be better. Carrot is cute and matches wonderland vibe, but she isn't used as anything besides eyecandy. Chopper. even more. Also Puddin seems to evolve into some kind of yandere princess, and that's prety oveused stuff
Also the shounen lessons are pretty meh:
- cloned people are shit
- you shouldn't be neglecting your underachiever kiddo, because one day he might be cool guy while you sob like a ugly baby
- eating too much while being retarded is a bad (unless you are protag, then it's k)
- you can act like a bitch, escape into fantasy if your girl is qt enough and just let your problems be solved by others

Since the timeskip i've been constantly wondering if Oda have died and was replaced by bunch of editors without one concept of what OP should be
>>
>>158824092
Having a good Toei OP is truly a miracle.
>>
>>158823834
He was adjusting to the characters his editors and jump forced him to make and change
>>
>Hancock is 31 years old
>>
>>158805139
One Piece was never great. It was always just okay. I don't get why it gets more praise than Naruto and even Bleach.
>>
>>158824780
Hot
>>
>>158819539
False, Zoro and Law are.
>>
The strawhats died during the timeskip and were replaced by DBZ characters masquerading as pirates
>>
>>158824780
>Wapol is 29 years old
>>
>>158824092
>One Piece discussion
>posts Donten from Gintama
I'm not sure where that came from, but its a fucking kickass OP.
>>
>>158824939
I wish that were true. That would made the timeskip so much more enjoyable.
>>
Law is my favorite character I think he's really cool
>>
>>158824816
Do you honestly not understand?
>>
>>158825122
>liking a jobber
>>
>>158805139
No. While Fishman Island and Punk Hazard were longer than they needed to be, they still had great moments.

Dressrosa, Zou and WCI have all been fantastic.
>>
Does Nami ever become strong after the timeskip?
>>
>>158824981
it has that theme of waiting for a storm, bigass dark clouds and stuff. Great for making tension
Just like water 7 had

Also weather in general used to mean something in OP, now it's just nothing beats sunny
>>
>>158825198
No, but she got an upgraded weapon that she hasn't shown much advanced usage of.
>>
>>158825122
Me too. He will probably end up number 1 in the poll and BTFO Luffyfags.
>>
I wish they had given us a teaser image or something since the chapter is delayed.
>>
>>158825198
I would say that, as of right now, she's pretty damn strong as a supporting role rather than a direct combatant. The only reason Luffy was able to defeat Cracker was with her help and she managed to deal a notable amount of damage to the rampaging army with her thunder strike, albeit that made use of the presence of a enraged Zeus. She also managed to take out Chopper when he sprung out from the mirror world.

All in all she's in a pretty damn good place, strength wise. She was never going to be a major combatant, but with a bit of work on her defence she could definitely be capable enough in that regard. Where she excels though, as previous stated, is in offensive support, which will only become more important as the story progresses, given the major powers the Straw Hats are going to be up against, particularly devil fruit users.
>>
>>158825268
She's shown off a few tricks including some of those Weather Eggs she's tossed around. I bet we'll get a nice showcase of her new Climatact against Zeus and Prometheus
>>
>>158824920
Law would be, If Oda hasn't herfed him in dressrosa, so Doffy could look intimidating

And you keep forgeting that without Nami everybody would sink, and without Sanji they would starve ( Nami couldn't be navigator and cook for whole crew at the same time)
Chopper could be useful if not the fact that nobody beside grills gets sick in OP

Also Neither marco, zoro or Law can read ponaguriffus
>>
File: tumblr_orp8i1V2B71r1b788o1_540.png (400KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orp8i1V2B71r1b788o1_540.png
400KB, 540x540px
>>158825198
Why would She? She has her beloved Sanji-kun for that
>>
>>158825122
shame about his homosexuality but I guess he can't resist the D.
>>
Haki is lame as fuck and ruined One Piece
>>
File: angry.jpg (36KB, 118x150px) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
36KB, 118x150px
>>158825459
why do you use some shitty embarassing fanarts, when manga has the best Sanji-Nami stuff
>>
>>158806067
>Chirurg

You gonna start talking about Xusasu Basusu now as well?
>>
File: 1497646131083.png (1MB, 987x771px) Image search: [Google]
1497646131083.png
1MB, 987x771px
>>158825459
>Why would She?
She needs to get strong to support Luffy, Spee D. Reader! Nice fanart.
>>
File: 45.jpg (14KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
14KB, 285x177px
>>158825508
What? Law's not gay...
>>
File: god.png (411KB, 523x427px) Image search: [Google]
god.png
411KB, 523x427px
>>158806042
Will Enel ever return?
>>
>>158825670
Huh? He's extremely dere for Luffy. Why are you being so rude?
>>
>>158825673
Probably not. Because of the nature of his power and Luffy's there's really nothing more you can do with him outside of background roles.
>>
>>158825598
Only the invitation is fake
>>158825624
Like everyone else in the crew ;). That's not related to her romance with Sanji
>>
>>158805139
I don't know how to put it, but anything after the timeskip hasn't been an adventure like before.
>>
>>158824092
Water 7 had such incredible OPs too, probably the best OPs One Piece had aside from the classics (We Are and We Go)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU6AZA810FA

And of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL8m1Uktt4c

Which was used for only like fifteen episodes, which should be a war crime. Especially when they substituted it with that Rainbow Star Jungle P bullshit.
>>
File: sorry for the niggastream page.jpg (388KB, 794x1150px) Image search: [Google]
sorry for the niggastream page.jpg
388KB, 794x1150px
>>158825670
>that satisfying middle finger against Doflamingo
>>
>>158825732
That's okay. Just read a little more slowly next time or you'll keep missing important details of the plot like that. You seem lost enough as it is.
>>
>>158825723
What would be Luffy's natural enemy? Air? Like blow him and make him explode? Does rubber have an enemy?
>>
>>158805139
Literally just get past Fishmen and you're solid. It's pretty good again after that.
>>
>>158825936
Fire and cold.
>>
>>158825936
Melting and Freezing. So Akainu and Aokiji
>>
>>158812597
wano kuni
>>
File: 1497641325064.png (1MB, 908x2802px) Image search: [Google]
1497641325064.png
1MB, 908x2802px
>>158825935
To see thing "hints" that are not there and you see I would have to be autistic something I am not.
To see the Sanji x Nami hints you have to be a regular person which everyone else is and sees it
>>
>>158825936
Well his weakness has always been slicing/cuts so maybe Mr. 1's ability to be made up of edges of a blade?
>>
>>158826096
He's weak to cuts the same way a normal human is. I wouldn't really call that a natural weakness.
>>
File: canon soon.png (355KB, 500x1035px) Image search: [Google]
canon soon.png
355KB, 500x1035px
>>158826058
>posting the crappy upscale version without additional foreshadowing panels or anticipated volume fixes
Here you SaNabro! L*N*shits BTFO!
>>
>>158826127
I guess, but humans are also weak to fire and ice and all kinds of other things that rubber might be weak against.
>>
>>158825947
I think this guy is more or less right. The serial drip makes any arc a challenge to get through, but most of them are fine archivally. Dressrosa is too long no matter how you slice it, though.
>>
>>158826127
The difference with Luffy is, he makes himself more vulnerable to slicing attacks with a good number of his more basic attacks. His outstretched arms are an easy, vulnerable target to focus on as a swordsman, as seen through Cracker who would have sliced Luffy's arm clean off if he hadn't noticed his real body in time.

So, when he's stretching his limbs he's vulnerable to cutting attacks, just as a stretched rubber band is. However, in his non-stretched form and his more advanced, gear 4 form he's got protection against cutting attacks.
>>
>>158825609
That is his name: the German word for surgeon. Japs just can't spell it correctly.
>>
>>158825673
Just imagine if he had managed to take Nami with him to the moon.
>>
>>158825786
welp, one piece openings have this kind of music i cant stand (except Jungle P and share the world)
I've been skipping every one - most of the times they were emberassingly cheesy and repetetive

Gintama is also light shounen, but it's openings were much more hype
>>
What if Ace has a son?
>>
>>158826438
Jungle P is probably the worst One Piece opening. I strongly disagree with your taste in opening music.

Share The World is pretty decent, though.
>>
>>158805139
Probably because Dressrosa was so long and had horrible pacing because we had to put with Rebecca's constant fucking crying.
>>
File: bad.png (348KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
bad.png
348KB, 436x436px
Did you know from the get go that Luffy would be immune towards Enel? It hadn't even crossed my mind until the obvious happened.
>>
>>158826520
That would be a Sabo level asspull.

Luffy would for sure name any future son Monkey D. Ace though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HBLsBiVo-U
>>
>>158826676
yeah
>>
>>158826676
it was literally all anyone would talk about once it was revealed enel had the goro goro no mi
>>
>>158812788
Chopper, king of monsters
>>
>>158816958
That holy treasure bomb gets a soul thanks to Big Mom and it betrays her by fucking off back to fishman island.
It explodes once it reaches Fishman Island but before it does it says "Thank you Strawhat"
This places the blame on Luffy and raises is wanted level
Big Mom then dies by a stroke thanks to cannibalism
>>
>>158826676
duh.
>>
Just watched this.
How will you rate this crap by the scale from 0 to 10, anon?
>>
>>158827159
7.23, road show.
>>
>>158805165
> not Enies Lobby
> not Marine ford
Ye serios, brah?
>>
>>158827159
probably my favorite one piece movie.

But i don't really like any of them. Maybe 7/10
>>
>>158827319
Yeah, 7/10 is a fair score. Even though action parts were kinda meh. Nothing will top Gear 4 vs Mingo until upcoming battle vs mom
>>
>AnHeroGold-Empire
Are these the best available scans?
>>
>>158827159
Anything by Toei gets an automated 1.
though I don't score things nor even watch them
>>
>>158826676
It was sorta foreshadowed when Buggy tried to execute Luffy in Logue Town.
>>
>>158827159
It was ok 6/10

Liked Strong World and Z more.
>>
>>158827159
Out of character/10
>>
>>158806525
Peripheral sight has never been a thing in OP.
>>
>>158827159
7/10. Without a doubt the most fun of the Oda written movies and things flowed much better than Strong World and Z. The other SHs don't get much to do, the Sabo vs Lucci scene was just shameless fanservice and I really wish Oda didn't insert obligatory kids in every one of his movies but overall I had fun watching it.
>>
>>158827159
Nothing will live up to the kino that is movie 6
>>
>>158827159
A solid 6/10. Good, but not anything amazing.
>>
>>158805263
Hard to make good art with one chapter every week
>>
>>158809691
Lucci was a fucking disapointment as arc boss.
Fucking "Muh-h I can hit harder than you" fight and Robin's bad timed flashback almost ruined EL for me.
>>
>>158806131
The scene of the sacrifice at Thriller Bark was Apex kino
>>
>>158809863
Honestly it's kind of weird because when he uses Asura Makyusen on the Pacifista everyone can see him multiply his limbs and they comment on it.
>>
The problem with One Piece is its terrible world building and hamfisted attempts at tackling social issues without any nuance whatsoever. The world of OP feels artificial, every arc and location for little reason has some relation to the strawhats, it's built around them rather than existing as separate beings with their own historical and social context. Also the rich and privileged exploiting the poor done redundantly in the most cringe manner.
>>
>>158828374
around 823
>>
>Fujitora fights law, Zoro and Luffy
>Sabo is revealed and fights Burgess
>Doflamingo loses to Luffy
>All bounties are raised
>We got hints to a possible Blackbeard vs Dragon
>Luffy gets a fucking fleet
>Usopp is more than comic relief
>Sabo gets Ace's devil fruit
>CP0 is introduced

Dressrosa is as good as Water 7, you guys just don't see it because >muh nostalgia
>>
File: images.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7KB, 225x225px
>>158828452
The world is the best part faggot, we could get full arcs of side characters
>>
>>158829364
O
>>
>>158829216
Dressrosa suffers of lenght wasted on characters like Rebecca, Tonttanas and birdcage.
Water 7/Enies Lobby suffers of plain villians (Kaku , Califa and Blueno carry CP9's charisma).
>>
>>158829364
Chapter fucking sucked
>>
>>158829364
Dude Oda has his dick so far up this nigga throat is it isn't even funny.
The will gobble up anything he throws at them. Is not even him doing the story anymore. His staff are the ones doing everything. If you check their Twitter they posts drawings and the drawings look exactly like the ones in manga.
>>
>>158829364
>Kurapika
Snooooooooooooooooooooore
>>
>>158829455
MY
>>
File: Brook_vs_Big_Mom.png (454KB, 1096x644px) Image search: [Google]
Brook_vs_Big_Mom.png
454KB, 1096x644px
>shitty shippers think they can beat THIS panel with their panel.
>>
>>158829841
After the flashback, Brook Is Even more impresive
>>
>>158829773
RUBBER
>>
>>158829841
That SaNa panel has been discussed a million times more than that one or any other on WCI
>>
>>158829887
NEN
>>
>>158825673
If he invited you to go to the moon and stay there for the resst of your life, would you accept?
>>
File: ch.850_never_forget.png (98KB, 1891x711px) Image search: [Google]
ch.850_never_forget.png
98KB, 1891x711px
>>158829928
>any other
>>
>>158825673
His biggest dream was to head to the moon, so I doubt he'll leave the place. A shame, since arriving for the big war with his army of moonmen would've been pretty cool.
>>
>>158830013
>puddingfags was BTFO so hard that day
>>
How much does Sanji love Nami?
>>
>>158830076
>3dpd image
>was
"were", you dumb, ESL.
>>
>>158805402
>>158806381
>>158806553
>>158808302
>>158813418
>>158827949
>>158830076
Interesting choice of images.
>>
Asspulls in Naruto

>Six paths sage mode Naruto
>Kaguya
>Sasuke getting the rinnegan
>Sharingan in total
>Rinne Tensei
>Chiyo resurrecting Gaara
Asspulls in HxH

>Adult Gon
>Lighting mode Killua
>O' MY RUBBER NEN
>Surprise sakura bomb hidden in Neteros chest

Asspulls in Bleach

>FGT Ichigo
>Hollow/Quincy/bankai Ichigo
>Ishida's Ywahch arrow
>Ywahch himself
>Ichigos original quincy shinigami out of nowhere after Yhwach broke his new one

Fairy Tail:

>the entire series

One Piece
>none

And people still try to say other shonens are better than One Piece. One piece is the greatest manga of all time and nothing can ever change that.
>>
>>158830013
>a reveal
That was only for a few threads and it wasn't much discussion. More like just laughing at Puddingfags
>>158830076
It will happen again, trust me. She will get redeemed and then BTFO again
>>
>>158829364
>HxHfags acting tough now that this lazy shitter got off his ass again

Have fun these next 2 months and enjoy it. After that it'll be bye bye again for at least another year.
>>
>>158830185
Epic falseflag.
>>
>>158829841
The panel itself is good, but what makes it great are the following panels of dialogue with Brook.

It is one of those moments that I actually look forward to once it rolls around in the manga. Music and voice acting will have to be top notch, even if the animation probably won't be.
>>
>>158830185
Magi and Kingdom are better than any of those up there
>>
File: 08.png (372KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
08.png
372KB, 900x1300px
>>158829364
Cool. Will the new chapters have the same advanced writing as this?
>>
>>158830272
>once it rolls around in the manga.
The anime, I mean.
>>
>>158830272
>brook serious voice send chills down my spine
YOUNG LADY
>>
>>158830283
The only reason to be mad about that is that Oda did it first with enel.
>>
>>158830280
>better than HxH
*tips fedora*
HxH is seinen level good.
>>
>>158830259
It's true though.

>>158830280
Magi I might give you if it weren't for the edgemaster prince
>>
>>158830330
At the very least, restarting one's own heart with electricity makes more sense than PROPERTIES OF BOTH RUBBER AND GUM
>>
>>158805139
>Is it generally agreed that One Piece has taken a huge dip in quality since the timeskip?
It's different. he basic narrative changed from "Sailing the seas, getting into trouble" into a series of planned missions.
It's up to each and every person to answer if they consider it a dip in quality or not.
>>
>>158830435
I think he did it on purpose though. Like he's trying to show that as luffy gets to become more and more of a prominent figure in the world, that people begin to target him and his and he has less time for exploring shit on his own.
>>
/r/ing Wapol saying Benis
>>
File: goodbye.jpg (160KB, 1000x922px) Image search: [Google]
goodbye.jpg
160KB, 1000x922px
Goodbye carrot. Daddy will take you home.
>>
>>158830863
Pedro will surely remind us all what he came along for and take Carrot back with him to Zou. That's why he came. Bun elimination. God bless you Pedro.
>>
>>158830531
True, but relevance to the overarching plot doesn't change the fact that the feel is different. And some pwople don't like things that are different.
>>
>>158825786

opening 6 is probably my favorite, since I was an animefag at first and Gear 2's reveal with the music was balls to the wall amazing
>>
File: wanted.jpg (49KB, 192x427px) Image search: [Google]
wanted.jpg
49KB, 192x427px
rise only to fail
>time skip
rise to GLORY
>>
>>158831097
>And some pwople don't like things that are different.

Isn't that a symptom of autism?
>>
>>158805139
It was always shit, even for shonentrash.
Actually, it manages to be worse than fucking Dragon Ball.
>>
>>158822788
haki, faggot
>>
>>158831872
Dragon Ball drops the ball after the first 6 volumes. Can't believe I forced myself to read at least 18 more afterwards
>>
>>158829570
True, the tontattas were cool though
>>
>>158806134
I don't think that's the point of Water 7. While WG was been shown as a mostlly evil force, in Water 7, the guy who had to judge Tom was pretty reasonable, and the one abusing the system wasn't the government itself but an intelligence agent. It shows that the WG and the Marines have both decent people and a reason to exist; as ruthless as they can be, the anarchy of living at the mercy of pirates would be infinitely worse for the weak people of the world. Iceburg also was a government fag and a pretty good one at that.
>>
>>158832998
Iceburg was democratically elected mayor. I think Water 7 is the only government like that too.
>>
>>158831041
What a load of bunk you've spouted, Spee D Reader-kun.
>>
File: vasco.png (486KB, 853x478px) Image search: [Google]
vasco.png
486KB, 853x478px
whats he drinking?
>>
>>158833161
Nice try Carrotfags but we all know you are the new Rebeccafags. Why don't you make more excuses for Carrot's jobbing last chapter.
>>
>>158833216
Has it been discussed who fights who against blackbeard? i know we still dont know many of their abilities, but sharpshooter match is one for sure, and zoro against the marine guy smoking.

Or maybe they Oda doesnt make mirror fights? that would be cool.
>>
File: Teach_Encourages_Luffy.png (231KB, 800x625px) Image search: [Google]
Teach_Encourages_Luffy.png
231KB, 800x625px
>>158833430
I always felt this panel was huge foreshadowing. And if we really do get one more member after Jimbei joins then the numbers still add up.
>>
Carrot is like Galdino level
>>
One Piece has always been garbage
>>
>>158833712
>assblasted HxH fan detected
>>
>>158833430
Calling it.
BB vs L
Shillew vs Z
Laffite vs N
Augur vs U
Pizarro vs S
Doc vs C
Katerina vs R
Burgess vs F
Basco vs B
Sanjuan vs J
Kuzan vs M
>>
>>158833712
>One Piece

Is that how you refer to your own taste?
>>
>>158833430
Some of the BB pirates' members are obvious parallels to the SHs, but I don't think that means they'll fight.

I think the only ones with any real likelihood are the obvious BB vs Luffy, and the possible Shillew Vs. Zoro. Also maybe Catarina Vs. Nami because the rare times Nami fights someone it's always against women.
>>
>>158833750
Switch Franky and Jinbei.

Karateka vs Wrestler and Shipwright vs Colossal Battleship are better match-ups.
>>
Skypiea has the perfect mix of adventure, fights, comedy, and tearjerker, so it is objectively the best One Piece arc.
>>
We're getting a lot of HxH crossthreaders today
>>
>>158806334
>and (as far as I know) he has the last word on colourisation.
Back then, not at all. Loads of characters were colored wrong until Oda did it himself in the manga.
>>
>>158833984
But the fights in Skypeia are really weak and mostly not memorable. Also a whole lot of characters that aren't very interesting to pad things out, and a WHOLE lot of time spent on false death flags. It's got a great core, but Skypeia's really messy when you get down to it.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (58KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
58KB, 500x750px
does anyone have the doflamingo edit of this?
>>
>>158834826
>Zoro vs Braham
>Luffy vs Wiper
>Robin vs Yama
>Chopper vs Gedatsu
>Luffy vs Enel

All of them are Godlike.
>>
>>158830339
>demographics determine quality
typical HxH fag
>>
>>158805139
The main cast has become really bland, and every arc is a fighting arc. The most exciting things to happen are characters telling you about shit happening off panel (revolutionaries losing their hideout, marco in hiding, etc).

I miss adventure, zou should have been longer.
>>
>>158834891
Zoro vs Braham and Luffy vs Wiper are servicable at best and you left out a whole lot. But it's forgivable because like I said, they're very forgettable.
>>
>>158835205
Every arc has always been a fighting arc. Hell, Punk Hazard has only two big enemies, Zou had none at all, and we've had a grand total of one 'battle' in Whole Cake Island so far. Combat hasn't supplanted adventure in One Piece any more than it ever has.
>>
>>158805139
Nostalgia makes everything better though WCI so far is much better than anything that has come before it imo. Story has never been as interesting because the world building the Oda has done is finally bearing its fruits.
>>
>>158835205
Whole Cake Island isn't battle heavy, really.
>>
>>158805186
The anime is garbage though
>>
>>158816280
If it's an expression of your will, then yeah, it probably does, like Ace couldn't use it in his final moments because his will was so weak and someone like Hancock will probably never be able to use it again now that she's given herself to Luffy
>>
Why are skypeiafags so delusional?
>>
File: chinjao.png (180KB, 812x533px) Image search: [Google]
chinjao.png
180KB, 812x533px
>>158835603
Hancock can still probably use it because she wants to conquer Luffy's heart. Pic related is probably some of the best exposition we've gotten on conqueror's haki so far.
>>
>>158835508
>nostalgia
no, naruto is still shit
>>
>>158835712
I forgot to add that this likely means Zoro will get it too, because he wants to be worlds best swordsman. From that sort of logic we can determine who will get it and who wont.
>>
>>158819700
Uh, people who have OP fruits are exactly the ones who lose the fastest to Blackbeard...there's no reason Marco ever had to train at all in his life, especially working under Blackbeard and based on what we've seen, he could be fairly weak once you take the fruit away from him

Like Big Mom is just fucking strong without the fruit but Marco's strength all comes from his
>>
>>158835766
But then what the hell did Ace want to be king of? Or Shanks?
>>
>>158821129
Well, the power creep did a lot of that, in Water 7 they were considered ridiculously strong by what we thought was representative of the world and government but it turns out it didn't matter at all
>>
>>158805139
Legit the only manga I look forward to every week. I don't want to sound reductionist, but I legit think anyone who says the time skip is shit is just bitching because it changed and if it changes it has to be bad right? Happened to Naruto and Bleach so it has to happen to One Piece. We won't match the levels of hype the summit war created for a while considering it was the climax of the first half of the story. I'll admit he was slow getting the ball rolling with the new world I think most people would agree FI is easily the weakest arc of the story(I think the New Fishman pirates have some really rad designs though), but ever since the end of Dressrosa I think its coming into its own. I'll always be sentimental for the first half since I pretty much grew up with it, but I like the new world stuff too and think the story pretty much has the same flaws it always has.
>>
>>158835819
Ace wanted to be king of himself and his own destiny, while Shanks has already accomplished his grand ambitions.
>>
>>158835762
You gotta like something in the first place for it to be nostalgic.
>>
>>158835945
And happened to Dragon Ball. And most shonen really, One Piece being good afterwards and keeping the tone is really an extremely rare exception.
>>
>>158835961
That's a shitty explanation. I'm pretty sure anyone who resented the WG could develop CoC if that were the case.
>>
>>158835975
This is wrong
>>
>>158835819
There's probably some deeper nuances in the japanese there. I'm not really sure; what would Garp want to conquer/be king of? Or Whitebeard, who really had no ambitions beyond a family. Then again, we never really see any of those characters use conqueror's haki, so maybe your ambition needs to be particularly pointed and strong, and those characters all having such weak ass ambitions now is the reason their hakis never get shown.

That wouldn't explain Shanks though, whose power seems to stem from his CoC. All we really know about what Shanks has wanted to do so far is support Luffy and get drunk/party on islands.
>>
>>158835999
The mechanics of CoC are still very vague, all we know is you need to be ambitious and it's rare. That Anon's extrapolations aren't totally supported, but it does make sense that if you're willing to give up your dream and follow somebody else's, you're not going to forcefully exert your will over others as CoC does.
>>
>>158836001
Dont know about you but for me it is. I'm nostalgic about pre-shippuden Naruto cause that was pretty good, but post-shippuden was so shit that my thought of it probably makes it worse to me than it actually is.
>>
>>158831627
>I like detective films but not war films
>therefore I must be autistic
Are you just pretending to be retarded? Does everyone who likes a series have to like all the light novel adaptions? Do you have to like everything the author ever did because you like one thing? Surely, that would be autistic
>>
>>158836089
You can be nostalgic for shit. Trust me.
>>
ONLY 5 MORE DAYS TILL SPOILERS BROS
>>
New Thread: This one is about to autosage

>>158836239
>>158836239
>>158836239
>>
>>158836089
You do seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what nostalgia is. In fact, for most people it's probably the opposite, something they didn't like at the time now makes them feel good in some rose-tinted glasses reflection on the past.

Like when your hear Tubthumper on the radio or something. Nobody liked that song at the time but now you'd get nostalgic and miss that time even though it sucked. That's nostalgia.
>>
Honestly, FI was going to be shit regardless because Strawhats had to stomp whoever was the big bad, to show their powers.

But, Punk Hazard and more so, Dressrosa, dragged on forever.

Punk Hazard should've been a short arc like Jaya or something.

Dressrosa introduced 8 billion random fucks, had a fucking tournament in it, then introduced Doffy's jobbers. It tried to be Alabasta without recognizing that Alabasta wasn't the only place where the arc took place.

Doesn't help that they gave Doffy way too much, to the point where it didn't feel right how he lost.

Did he really need anything other than the "String Clone", Conquerors Haki and being able to manipulate people? Awakening was fucking pointless and the fucker tanked everything. Doesn't help that it took forever for him to finally fucking lose.

Since then, One Piece has gotten on a decent pace. While, it's still suffering from introducing characters that won't do shit when it matters, it's not as bad as Dressrosa, and atleast these people feel integral to the plot.
>>
>>158820979
>Haki is fucking cancer and ruined the action.

I remember haki being introduced as a way to help deal with logia users. From there it just spiraled into the Haki-levels we have now.
>>
>>158836528
It was actually introduced as a way for normal people to hurt Luffy, thus explaining why he couldn't just beat everyone and how people without Devil Fruits could still be a threat
>>
>>158836647
Yo can Nami actually use Haki? You think Oda's ever gonna explain that shit?
>>
>>158836497
Punk Hazard's not short? It feels like a short little adventure.
>>
>>158836528
Haki has barely affected anything. All it means is the physical brawlers sometimes have black coloring on their arms, Luffy can yell at mooks so bad they pass out, and Logias aren't all Crocodiles. People put way too much stock into Pica yelling something stupid as if that's what the entire manga was about.
>>
>>158837010
One Piece arcs take years in most cases, it's become a huge pain.
>>
File: One Piece Sanji Pudding.jpg (1002KB, 2551x1701px) Image search: [Google]
One Piece Sanji Pudding.jpg
1002KB, 2551x1701px
>>158825459
Soon
>>
>>158828452
>One Piece world has it's own history, goverment, system of classes, currency and races
>One of the few series where the world don't stop for protagonists, but keeps going and affect the stories of every character
>Feels artificial
Allright faggot, that certanly an opinion you have.
>>
>>158831041
>Pedro was going along the Strawhats to keep an eye on Pekoms
>Carrot was secretly going
>Pedro says they should return
>Luffy says it's ok
So Carrot is free to do whatever she wants
>Pedro will speak about taking Carrot to Zou
>Carrot says she wanna see the world
>Luffy says she's allready part of the crew
>Carrot resident lookout of the Strawhats
That's the most logical ending desu, besides, Carrot positive feedback is big enough to make her profitable. 11th Strawhat material.
>>
File: doflamingo bad day.jpg (1MB, 1688x2500px) Image search: [Google]
doflamingo bad day.jpg
1MB, 1688x2500px
>>158834869
This one?
>>
>>158838228
Whether or not she joins won't be up to the audience or the editor, profitability won't really be a factor. Brook, the latest member, always fails to place anywhere close to the top of the polls.
>>
>>158837061
>Haki has barely affected anything.

Only the nature of every fight since it was introduced.

>>158836497
>It tried to be Alabasta without recognizing that Alabasta wasn't the only place where the arc took place.

Dressrosa also didn't take place only in Dressrosa.
Thread posts: 509
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.