[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so common for characters to drink beer first thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Why is it so common for characters to drink beer first thing in the morning, does Japan know that's a sign of alcoholism?
>>
Japs don't care about becoming alcoholics
>>
>>158803485
I do it too, but I also hate my job and the city I'm living in. Living in a megalopolis like Tokyo while working a shitty job must be terrible, so I can see why Japs would drink all the time.
>>
I'm more intrigued by their acceptance to go out for drinks after work on a regular basis
>>
>>158803485

Yes, that's the point. Misato is an alcoholic.
>>
It doesn't happen that often
>>
>>158803485
Everyone drinks in Japan. It's so normalized and commonplace. Drinking with coworkers regularly is accepted and expected.
>>
It's simply product placement.
>>
File: 1483502260378.jpg (720KB, 2646x2815px) Image search: [Google]
1483502260378.jpg
720KB, 2646x2815px
>>158803485
There's nothing inherently wrong with drinking in the morning.
>>
>>158803711
>I'm more intrigued by their acceptance to go out for drinks after work on a regular basis
How is that a weird thing? Or do you mean the drinking with co-workers part rather than drinking after work in general? It's just the business culture of the country.

http://www.kalzumeus.com/2014/11/07/doing-business-in-japan/

Japanese businesses are borderline totalitarian. If you join a Japanese company (or the government as a civil servant), you're not just getting a job. You're getting a job, job advancement (your salary and position increase due to seniority, not talent or experience), a circle of friends and perhaps even a husband or wife along the way. Perhaps paternalistic would be a better way to describe it than totalitarian.
>>
>>158803711
That's pretty freaking common in most parts of the world anon. Having beer for breakfast is a universal sign of an alcoholic, I guess not in Japan though.
>>
>>158804001
I like how companies hire cute OLs and force them to go to mixers with depressed salarymen after work so that they eventually marry each other.
>>
File: 000[1].jpg (588KB, 822x1200px) Image search: [Google]
000[1].jpg
588KB, 822x1200px
>>158804111
I don't. Hiring women purely for their looks rather than because they're productive workers is a shitty practice. I like my women skilled and competent as well as beautiful.
>>
>>158804238
Its not like the US where they hire them because they're cute and give them actual jobs. Most of the time these women they hire are answering phones, making copies, or doing coffee runs.
>>
> PHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~
>>
>>158803485
Misato was supposed to be a pathetic christmas cake alcoholic. It's not considered normal.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.