[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched this for the first time, I can't think of many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Akira-anime.jpg (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Akira-anime.jpg
2MB, 1680x1050px
Just watched this for the first time, I can't think of many things more over rated than this.

The visual production is spectacular. For 1988 this is the cream of the crop. I can tell that every idea and concept is perfectly created. They did great.

The soundtrack conceptually is fantastic, but in execution it falls short. There's literally a song that goes "HOTDOG HOTDOG" and then has random ass whispers and snake noises. The choir that was cast is underwhelming and really fails to do the compositions justice. Every time a track was added to the scene it barges in and distracts you from what's going in. Whether it's the "AAAAAAH AAAAAAAH BUM BUM" or the "HOTDOG HOTDOG."

The plot is bland.
>guy crashes into some x-tike
>somehow he has superpowers now
>lol he's the strongest
>oh no he is being taken over
>now he's getting big
>shot literally devoted to showing how big his nads are getting
>mary sue character goes full retard and gets pulled in
>professor x's bastard children save him
>boom
>"THE BEGINNING OF THE UNIVERSE :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
>we parallel universe now

I feel like I wasted money because I was too lazy to find it illegally.
>>
Turn off your brain when you're watching this movie. You're thinking about it too hard.
>>
File: 006.png (31KB, 416x436px) Image search: [Google]
006.png
31KB, 416x436px
>>158798913
>watched
Stopped reading right there. Everyone knows the manga is 10x superior to the film. You're supposed to just enjoy the film for it's amazing animation.
>>
>>158798913
Too lazy to find it illeaglly? its on youtube in multiple formats and languages
>>
File: 1344073029594.png (589KB, 733x733px) Image search: [Google]
1344073029594.png
589KB, 733x733px
>>158798913
You watched Akira and complained about the plot...
>>
https://soundcloud.com/discoursecollective/episode-26
>>
I probably should have gotten high before hand.
>>
>>158798913
>reddit spacing
>>
>>158799584
yeah, he did

AKIRA is the best gateway anime there is.

but,
it is a gateway.
>>
File: 1459727285526.png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
1459727285526.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>158798913
>Akira is good for the reasons its famous
>but why is it not good for the aspects that didn't help make it famous

Are you the retarded?
>>
>I can't think of many things more over rated than this
unironically lain, bakemonogatari, steins;gate, aria, ergo proxxy, texhnolyze, space dandy, cowboy bebop, TTGL, code geass, etc.
>>
>>158798913
>Just watched this for the first time
>For 1988 this is the cream of the crop
>For 1988
>I was too lazy to find it illegally
Fuck off and kill yourself, casual newfag. You don't belong here.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.