[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is racing such an untouched genre? You've Initial D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: boi.jpg (291KB, 1864x1048px) Image search: [Google]
boi.jpg
291KB, 1864x1048px
Why is racing such an untouched genre? You've Initial D and its sequels/spin-offs, Redline, and that's it.

Would the animation just be too demanding?
>>
>>158793907
>Would the animation just be too demanding?
Yes. There's also very few animators that know how to do that kind of mechanical animation left without it being 100% CGI.
>>
>>158793907
well theres wangan midnight, but I havent touch that series after one episode. seems like anime version of need for speed or fast the furious.
>>
Speed racer?
>>
>>158793907

>No car culture to draw in money
>Too much animation
>Little to no animators left that know how to do mechanical animation without using CGI

Shit, Initial D's author is starting up a new manga about somebody trying to be a professional racing car driver taking place in the 2020s, in which self-driving cars so are commonplace in Japan the MC feels like he's the only person in the whole damn country that can actually drive a car.
>>
>>158795926
Dimension W?
>>
>>158795926
>Shit, Initial D's author is starting up a new manga
Thanks. I'll look into that.

>>158796276
No.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-30/initial-d-shuuichi-shigeno-ends-sailor-ace-manga-starts-new-car-racing-series-this-summer/.114101
>>
>>158793907
I can think of at least five others, none of which I've even seen because I don't care about racing to begin with. Apply yourself, OP.
>>
>>158795926
>No car culture to draw in money
There used to be. What happened?
>>
>>158797770
I know there are others. That's obvious.

What I mean is the genre lacks a real depth of choice. Initial D and Redline comprise the genre's canon and beyond that everything is meandering and mediocre.
>>
>>158795926
>what is /o/?
>>
>>158793907

The animation would be pretty unfeasible for a t.v. series. Unless, they make the whole thing CGI and the likelihood that something like that would look good is zilch.
>>
>>158793907
>untouched genre
Educate yourself OP.
>>
>>158793907
Requires too much work and knowledge of how to make races exciting. I can only think of how boring Tailenders was and how slow the backgrounds always moved in it. Despite the fact that it completely ripped off Redline's art style and similarly had wacky events happening during the race, it remained incredibly boring throughout due to god-awful directing.
>>
Because it's either shitty CGI or 1000 years in production like Redline
>>
File: speed racer.jpg (174KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
speed racer.jpg
174KB, 1600x600px
>>158793907
The classic racing anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YTq7AJm_GI
>>
IGPX
>>
>>158793907
Future GPX Cyber Formula was popular enough to get a bunch of OVAs in addition to the tv series. It also predated Initial D by several years.

Somewhat related was Let's & Go, when Mini 4WD racing was a big thing with kids.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.