[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for /a/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: aYx7y4v_700b.jpg (89KB, 700x790px) Image search: [Google]
aYx7y4v_700b.jpg
89KB, 700x790px
Is it a bad idea to go on a thread about an anime you are watching but havent finished? I want to go on them but i also dont want spoilers. Am i being a faggot by asking this and not just finishing the anime? All great questions i need the answer to
>>
>>158793426

depends what type of show it is. Doesn't really matter for SoL stuff
>>
Depends on how much do you care about said anime. If its something you are really enjoying and don't want spoilers then just wait until you have finished it.
If you don't give a shit then go. There's a great possibility that you'll get spoilered.
>>
I post in threads about shows I haven;t even seen.
>>
Yeah it's really bad. I have three sukasuka threads on my watch list since I haven't watched the latest episode. One of them had a lot of spoilers so I'm saving that one until after the last episode has aired.
>>
I hate people like you so much.

1) Spoilers themselves are a retarded invention. The very concept is idiotic and emerged only in the 19th century with the rise of detective fiction. Shakespeare, Classical Greek Theater, the greatest stories of history-- they all begin by saying EXACTLY what happens. But because modernity has created retards the idea that a good story can be "spoiled" exists.

2) After accepting this retarded idea, they then go to the exact place where they will find them. You are like children on Christmas Eve, shaking a Christmas present, tearing away a bit of the wrapper to take a look, and then sobbing when you find out what the present was, because, oh no, you ruined the surprise.

Fuck off. Mature. And if you cannot mature and appreciate a good story as something that cannot be spoiled, then get the fuck out of conversations regarding that story. You have no place there.

tx.
>>
>>158793655
>a good story as something that cannot be spoiled
heres how a good story can be spoiled. The plot is explained in a shitty way ruining the mystery of it. Example. Lost, a mysterious show where no matter how shitty the later seasons were, you kept watching to learn the secret to the mystery [that theyre all dead]
now, if you knew that half way through the show, would the reasoning for continuing to watch still be to solve the mystery?
Another example, one that is less specific and can be generalized to a lot of shows. You are watching a harem. You specifically like some girls and do not like others. You continue watching because you want to see the happy ending and how the whole scenario resolves. Now if someone told you so and so fucked and the show ended after that, would you still watch the show to find that happy resolution knowing said resolution fully? Fuck no.

>they then go to the exact place where they will find them
No, i go to the exact place where i can talk about a show i am enjoying with other people who understand what im saying. I dont have any friends who also watch anime so i cant talk to anyone about it which is really difficult not to do. Not only this but a lot of funny shit happens on 4chan that you wouldnt find any where else. In fact, as cancerous and toxic as the 4chan community is, it has a different kind of "culture" that is only found here so that humor mixed with the enjoyment of talking about anime with other people who get what youre saying is a really great thing that is unique. While i dont like spoilers, sometimes the enjoyment that comes from the jokes and social situations centered around something you enjoy is worth it.
>>
File: yukari43.png (261KB, 488x495px) Image search: [Google]
yukari43.png
261KB, 488x495px
Spoilers mean nothing, it's all about execution. Like, I have known Reiner and Berthold were the armored and the colossal titans for years but still laughed when that scene happened because it was delivered in an interesting way. If there is a reason to not go to certain threads is for shitposting reasons or because it has become a general with some random inner culture. If it's for things related to the anime you're watching then I don't see the point of not lurking the threads.
>>
>>158796019
>>158793655
Pt. 2

So basically what im saying is, you fuck off and stop acting like a pretentious douche. Youre not above everyone else just because you dont really give a shit about the story. That whole "ugnhhhh good story ugnnhhhh good story youre just too immature to understand that the way its presented doesnt matter!" act is so fucking stupid and just shows you as the dumbass you really are. All youre saying is that you dont care about the story, its intentions and the way its supposed to make you feel. An artist doesnt just shit out one big turd and fill the pages with it; they write with care and attention to detail to create small things that keep you coming back while still achieving the end goal of the resolution. An artist writes to make the audience feel something what ever it may be whether its curious, or heartbroken, they create their art a specific way. An if that artist is good enough, you care about how the story is presented. You dont want to get half way through 1984 just so that George Orwell can say "then Winston and Julia fucked in a hotel, where the coppers came in and gave em the book"just so you can get to the resolution. Its not just about the resolution, its about the means of achieving the resolution and the ride along the way. You watch the characters develop while you have the idea in the back of your head that its all gonna have to end eventually and that makes you question where it is going to go from here. The mystery of the ending and the specifics of how the artist tells that story go hand and hand in a good work of art. If you take the plot of the lord of the rings and let a 5 year old write the books with the plot line, its gonna be terrible. A good story isnt about just the plot, its about the specifics the artist uses invoke emotion in the audience. If you watch a drama but it never feels dramatic, its gonna be a shitty movie.
So go fuck youself and go back your D list liberal Arts school where you belong.
>>
>>158796185
In almost every story, you do not know the ending, and the premise of those stories, is getting to the ending. So if that ending is explained in a shitty way before hand and you already know the mystery of whats to come, of course its gonna be awful. Dont get me wrong, there are some great works that can get around this but thats because the story isnt built around a powerful heartfelt ending, its built around a strong and interesting story. Not all stories follow the same format so why would it make sense to follow them as though they do?
>>
>>158793655
>throws a tantrum to tell others off and call them immature
>>
>>158793655

why the fuck would you want to know what happens before it's supposed to happen?

Do you not understand directing or writing?
>>
File: 1458414320642.png (2MB, 1877x981px) Image search: [Google]
1458414320642.png
2MB, 1877x981px
>>158793655
>>158796588
>>
File: IMG_3839.jpg (101KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3839.jpg
101KB, 640x1136px
>>158793655
>>158796588
>being this autistic
>>
>>158793426
If a show you liked gets ruined by spoilers, it means it wasn't good to begin with.
>>
>>158793655
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>158793655
So how many times have you been spoiled on a show you liked, anon? You sound pretty angry about it
>>
>>158796746
>So if that ending is explained in a shitty way before hand and you already know the mystery of whats to come, of course its gonna be awful.
Give me an example of this ever happening.
In death note Light dies at the end, in code geass Lelouch dies at the end, in Gurren Lagann Nia dies at the end after marrying Simon. Those are some random anime with powerful endings that don't get ruined by that spoiler.
My favorite end in anime is the OKAERINASAI from gunbuster/diebuster, I knew about it, still loved it. Maybe I'm the weird one.
>>
>>158793426
>scroll down to read the comments on a video
>top comment is a gigantic spoiler
I can't even blame other people for it, they're just discussing the content
>>
>>158798479
>knew about the whole history of TTGL 2 years before watching it
>"why do people like this so much?"
>watch it
>"THIS IS SO FUCKING GOOD, but man, next episode Kamina will die, oh well"
>Kamina dies
>"DUDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Spoilers have never ruined an anime for me in general, how weird.
>>
>>158793426
indeed, you are a faggot. But it doesnt matter, you are still on time. GO! WHATCH THIS SHIT!
Once you finish the anime, look for ovas, once you finish the ovas, look for doujins, once you have jerk off so much that your dick is about to die, start or look for threads or shitpost.

til then, dont you fucking dare come here again.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.