[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keroro Gunso

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: keroro_gunso_19935.jpg (367KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
keroro_gunso_19935.jpg
367KB, 1024x768px
What does /a/ think of Keroro?
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
stupid frogshitter
>>
obtuse frogpeddler
>>
frog shitdumber
>>
File: 1498090736369.jpg (63KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498090736369.jpg
63KB, 900x900px
Great
>>
>>158790251
Kero kero kero kero kero kero kero kero kero kero
>>
You'll never have a girl who's family practically controls the world use her resource to make you fall for her.
>>
I watched this show years ago, always felt bad for the blue ninja frog

It was just stupid fun and if you can appreciate that it's a good show
>>
A classic in the heart of the Japanese in the echelons of Doraemon, the dub was shit and the subtitles were scattered. It's certainly worth watching at least the first five seasons or so, the recent flash thing was garbage.
>>
Praise Keroro
>>
File: 16382957476.jpg (22KB, 480x424px) Image search: [Google]
16382957476.jpg
22KB, 480x424px
>>158790251
It was simple fun. obviously don't expect a good plot, but some laughs and culture references. I'd say watch it if you have absolutely nothing else.

frogposting bump
>>
File: Manga_Vol28_01.jpg (290KB, 951x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Manga_Vol28_01.jpg
290KB, 951x1200px
>>158790251
It's fun, but the anime is unfortunately inconsistent and the manga has its own missteps later on.

The first season of the anime is almost 80% manga adaptations, but they often changed the punchlines of the stories, generally making them worse than in the manga.

Then starting with the third season the manga adaptations are closer to the original source, but there are actually only a couple of manga adaptations per season and most stories are anime original ones, which can be really inconsistent in quality. There's some gold stuff mixed there though, especially starting from the 4th year - the 3rd year is the weakest one, since a new director had taken over and he clearly didn't have much experience yet.

The manga remains consistent for a while, but kind of stumbles later when it introduces some new characters that just don't add much to the humor. It recovered though, but then now started a long serious arc which so far is pretty much only featuring the Keroro platoon and Fuyuki out of the recurring cast.
>>
The movies were pretty trash.
>>
File: Movie03_05.jpg (96KB, 558x761px) Image search: [Google]
Movie03_05.jpg
96KB, 558x761px
>>158792666

The 3rd movie is actually among my favorite stories in the entire franchise. All the other ones go from weak to outright boring though.

Movie 1 is just... there. Movie 2 attempts to be a bad Disney movie or something (It's also really odd since Yoshizaki Mine originally wrote it to focus on Fuyuki, but the anime staff tried to make Natsumi the focus. Volume 20 of the manga is Mine Yoshizaki's original version of the story).

Movie 4 has some neat moments, but they all go by way too quickly.

Movie 5 is just overall boring. It's a manga adaptation, but they stretched out the original 2 chapter story in the worst way possible.
>>
>>158792666
>that time where he advertises for Gundam by building an MG RX-78 with his friends and then turns it into a real Gundam.
The movies were pure fun.
>>
>>158790251
Opening 4 was the best IMO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7McfpenvplU
>>
the sister was cute
>>
>>158793002
also the yuri ninja

i loved this show
>>
I really want a manga or anime version of the Kemono Friends crossover. The amount of fanart for them would probably explode.
>>
File: Keroro_ep276b_01.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Keroro_ep276b_01.webm
2MB, 854x480px
Just posting this scene due to how crazy this episode was. Episode 276 - Kururu switches bodies with Natsumi's grandmother in order to keep giving orders to her and stop her from bothering Keroro, but then Natsumi learns about it and willingly switches bodies with Keroro's mom in order to give a payback to him. However, Keroro's mom afterwards just runs off in her body and no one can find her. Giroro finds her, but ends up falling for Keroro's mom in Natsumi's body and then ends up going in a date with her. Even more hilariously, she treats Giroro like a kid in the beginning, but is blushing by the end of the episode.
>>
File: K66_c249_02.jpg (1MB, 2852x2048px) Image search: [Google]
K66_c249_02.jpg
1MB, 2852x2048px
The current arc in the manga is basically a big world tour, with not-dragonballs that can manipulate reality, and once gathered can instantly conquer the planet. They were sabotaged and spread to locations that Fuyuki had chosen for a list of 7 mysterious wonders of the world. He hadn't chosen the 7th location yet though.

So far, it also seems like each location is reusing some previous idea that Mine had given to the anime staff but not executed himself.

Nazca lines - The "Nazca" character from the 3rd movie reappeared here, although with a completely different origin (she's the incarnation of the Condor lines here).

Easter Island - the Akuaku stuff from movie 5 with the ancient demon absorbing the Keroro platoon, also a continuation of the previous manga story that took place here. It hasn't ended yet, and the battle is dragging on for a while due to the chapters becoming shorter due to Yoshizaki Mine picking up extra Kemono Friends related work. So far, everyone is getting absorbed one after another just like in the movie, although there's a hint at something very different from the anime version happening (the person talking to Fuyuki in his dreams doesn't seem to be Keroro, and the Keronians after being absorbed become just dry heads unable to even speak).

Speculation regarding the other locations

Mont Saint-Michel - That castle was where movie 4's final battle happened. Shion already made cameos in the manga and Keroro turned into a dragon several times, but Mine has never executed her story properly.

Desert and Pyramids - There was a 5th season anime episode with a Keronian weapon hidden there, Sababa.

Undersea continent - Movie 2 stuff again, somehow? I'm not sure what was missing though.

Mount Fuji? - This one is a big question mark, since it seems to be a completely original location for the Keroro franchise, unlike the other ones.

Then there's a 7th unknown location which is unknown even to the cast since Fuyuki hadn't decided it yet.
>>
>>158790251
Absolutely love it. I'm still pissed they stopped publishing the manga in English.
>>
>>
>>158793092
Didn't they also do personification/genderswap of the main frogs for this year's april fools?
>>
>>158790251
I remember reading the manga when I was a small child.
>>
Where the FUCK are the scans past volume 20?
>>
>>158790251
It had some pretty hot mind control scenes, my man.
>>
Tamama is my waifu.
>>
My second anime after dragonball
>>
THREE

TWO

ONE

FIRE
>>
>>158790251
Second manga I ever read.
First was Rave Master.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.