[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna start watching space battleship yamato. Should I start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 151253.png (2MB, 3370x2236px) Image search: [Google]
151253.png
2MB, 3370x2236px
I wanna start watching space battleship yamato. Should I start with the 1974 series, or is there a movie thats better?
>>
just watch the remake
/thread + delete
>>
>>158788511
Does the remake chain into the long movie?
I've only seen the original first season
>>
About to finish the 2012 remake (Yamato 2099)

It takes a few episodes to get moving, but when it does its a heck of a ride
>>
When do we get new Yamato btw?
>Sarabaa intensifies
>>
>>158788596
Just watch the remake.
It's going to be 26 episodes and eight movies.
>>
>>158788286
The original is good, but you need to remember that it was made in the 70s and has its 70s quirks
>>
>>158789543
Will they remake the super long movie where everyone dies, the true ending of Yamato?
>>
Start with 2199 or whatever the remake series name is. It's the same stroy with miles better animation, and mutch of the slapstick idiocy removed.
>>
File: notyetkameraden.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
notyetkameraden.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>158788286
2199 was pure kino.
>>
>>158792224
That's near the end of the eight movies I think.
>>
>>158789589
This. Watch both and learn to admire their faults and most importantly their strengths, specially the original's ability to influence future anime series.
>>
File: 1487444826698.jpg (620KB, 1452x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487444826698.jpg
620KB, 1452x1080px
The original if you want an anime history 101 lesson or 2199 if you want a fun ride with more appealing visuals. Both are good routes.
>>
>>158788286
Listen here, OP.
This might sound crazy
Please
Please listen
OP please
Just listen for a second
This could be too crazy
but
Listen here man
Just what if
you just
watched both?
>>
Don't bother with the original. Whatever anyone says, old anime is shit.
2199 is great.
>>
2199 is actually a vast improvement over the original.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.