[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One Piece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 509
Thread images: 118

File: IMPACT.png (293KB, 853x725px) Image search: [Google]
IMPACT.png
293KB, 853x725px
Why do we still bother reading along when we know that Oda will never surpass Water 7? The closest he got to that level of quality was with Marineford, and even then it wasn't close enough. Plus, the series has been on a constant downhill since the time-skip. Are we all just following it out of a sick sense of duty, wanting to finish what we started? Is this what Naruto and Bleach fans felt like?
>>
Probably
>>
Rereading One Piece has been a bit of a bummer now that I am redpilled
Just read through Fishman Island and all of its story basically amounts to being globalist propaganda
>>
One Piece is still great. You just lost interest.
>>
>Implying Water 7 was the best arc when Skypiea exists
This is how I can easily filter out plebs
>>
>>158783801
This.

I'm loving Whole Cake Island.
>>
WCI is just as good
>>
The abundance of characters which means less screentime for the straw hats plus most of them losing what made them great pre-timeskip (Nami, Robin, Franky, Chopper..) doesn't help i guess...
>>
>Carrot isn't that stro-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b0GcioPlvM
>>
File: Crocodile.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Crocodile.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>158783855
>Skypiea
>Not Alabasta
>>
>>158783855
>>158783922
This is supposed to be the part where the Arlong Park fag comes in, but I just want you all to know that OP is right and Water 7 really is as good as One Piece's gotten
>>
Dressrosa is a good story. I'm watching it though so it's kind of a chore
>that never ending block d fight
holy hell I don't give a shit about rebecca
>>
File: absolutelydisgusting.jpg (49KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgusting.jpg
49KB, 736x736px
Why is OroJackson so shit? I tried to post there cause the shipposting here was too much but jesus man, the people there are a bunch of FAGS and even there the mods seem like a bunch of SaNa fanboys.
>>
>>158783855
Skypiea is the arc that suffers the most from being read the first time around, since it feels so separate from the rest of the story. It's much more enjoyable on rereads.
>>
File: Kaizoku Fansubs.jpg (113KB, 700x185px) Image search: [Google]
Kaizoku Fansubs.jpg
113KB, 700x185px
What happened to Kaizoku Fansubs?
>>
>>158784057
Buildup to Skypiea was the best moment in the series for me. Knock up stream was FUCKING HYPE
>>
>>158784048
I haven't kept up with One Piece fandom in years, whatever happened to Arlong Park (the community)?
>>
>>158783922
my nigga
>>
File: Long_Ring_Long_Land_Arc.png (1MB, 741x839px) Image search: [Google]
Long_Ring_Long_Land_Arc.png
1MB, 741x839px
Hold up, we all know what the real best arc is
>>
>>158784083
>Introduce new Shichibukai
>Reveal Blackbeard
>Show Whitebeard, the strongest man in the world
>Alright, now forget about all that and enjoy this adventure in the far remote sky island
16 year old me was pissed
>>
>>158784048
Fangirls also ruin websites. I remember the rampant cat-fights on LiveJournal and Arlong Park Community over cosplay pairings. Chicks get nasty.
>>
>>158783656
Water 7 dealt with the internal struggle of the crew and I loved it. Wish we had at least one more arc like that.
>>
>>158783785
>>>/pol/
>>
>>158783785
tsk tsk anon. I'm a /pol/ crossboarder too, and if you think about it, the fishmen were basically BLM fucking shit up unreasonably. I'm not going into it in greater detail because I'll get banned for politics talk.
>>
Luffy VS Usopp was godlike
>>
>>158784081
marines*
>>
>>158783888
Trips of truth Carrot is stronk
>>
>>158784147
I wonder if there's anyone that legitimately holds this opinion
>>
>>158783855
>Skypiea
I thought the whole death battle thing was poorly worked out. There was no real sense of elimination. There were no real rounds. It was set up to have rounds and shit like your average YYH arc, but it didn't end up being a thing
>>
>Alabasta
Muh politics fags
>Skypia
Muh adventure/lore fags
>Water 7/Enies Lobby
Muh evil government fags
>Marineford
Muh fight fags

God, you guys are fucking awful. But at least you guys aren't Dressrosa fags.
>>
>>158783888
Trips.
Also, let's go through a play-by-play here:
>Foggy
>Zoro and Law are the only ones to sense anything's wrong
>Might be CoO, might be experience in combat
>Zoro says he has it
>Carrot leaps out at mach 2
>She floats, an ability never seen before
>he whiffs a slice
>he still has time to turn and block 1 handed
>her punch has sparks and lightning, something else rarely seen
>he's surprised
To be honest, they downplayed the effect of the lightning, not sure why but the manga looked like it was far more dangerous.
He would still win in a fight, she's strong though, no doubt about that.
>>
>>158784802
Impel down was great
>>
>>158783656
>Are we all just following it out of a sick sense of duty, wanting to finish what we started? Is this what Naruto and Bleach fans felt like?
Kinda. OP hasn´t turned to complete shit just yet tho, but it´s getting there.

>>158783801
>You just lost interest.
No. I´m just gonna say that timeskips are bad writing.
>>
>>158784802
>One Piece
Muh adventure
>>
>>158784891
Can we agree that Post-TS had some great moments? This is objectively the cutest shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJfdVUhiqt0
>>
>>158784891
>bad writing
Bad how? I'm not saying you're wrong. But I like my trainwrecks
>>
>>158784936
this is just fetish material done by a shit studio
>>
post ts = pre ts

still skypiea best arc though
>>
>>158784993
I think the way its headed now, WCI will be best arc and if Oda can keep up the momentum, the next 10 years of one piece will be the best by far.
>>
Pirate Warriors 4 when?
>>
>>158784979
And its cute as fuck, what else do you want?
>>
>>158785091
A proper adaptation not done by Miyazaki
>>
I feel like people are giving WCI too much credit. Its good but its not "best arc in years material.
>>
>>158783656
I want Marineford babies to leave
>>
>>158785119
Oh god no, there's too much material. Besides, we dont need a director, we need a studio that isn't stretching for time.
>>
>>158785030
funnily enough, wci is by far my least favorite of post-ts so far.

It felt rushed at times to me, and just overall underwhelming for a yonko arc, even though big mom herself is great.
>>
>>158785185
We do need a director. They could just remake old arcs into movies using new footage, and maybe one or two twists that didn't happen in the original manga.
>>
>>158785120
Once we get further removed from it and people forget how much of a drag it was in real time to read there's going to be a ton of people who think Dressrossa was the best arc.
>>
>>158784891
Time skips aren't automatically bad writing. The context here is that Luffy and co must prepare for the cruelest sea they're about to enter.
>>
>tfw i dropped OP after Punk Hazard
I just couldn't take it anymore. I didn't like a single arc post time-skip and when i got to the Gladiator thing i didn't want to deal with another Alabasta so i just dropped it.
From what i hear, Big Mom's arc is pretty much just Thriller Bark but with candy people instead of zombies, so i don't think i missed out.
But part of me wants to pick it up again for the obligation of finishing it.
>>
>>158785295
Dressrosa being bad is a meme.
>>
>>158785472
Were you reading weekly or in chunks?
>>
>>158785472
Tell me what you want from 1P and we can tell you whether or not to finish it. Bonus points if you tell us your gender
>>
>>158785472
Regarding Big Mom, you heard wrong. Different structure than Thriller Bark and Sanji is heavily focused on personal level in this arc.

Zou arc which is a mini arc before it the same way Jaya was before Skypiea is also an okay read.

I agree that Dressrosa was bloated.
>>
>>158785517
Dressrosa isn't bad.

It's just too much Law and Doflamingo fanservice
>>
>>158785295
I unironically think 1P's manga is too fast at many points and you can tell Oda is so used to writing/drawing specific things he starts skipping things
>>
>>158785517
It's an accurate meme. It's long, borring and comletely pointless. The only good thing about it is Senior Pink's backstory.
>>
>>158784147
Was this arc that bad? I forget.
>>
>Water 7/Enies Lobby
>Good
Pick one and only one fags.
Asspulls with O MY 9 SWORD STYLE and O MY FLAMING LEGS.
Shitty power scaling. Sanji struggles against Blueno's tekkai yet can beat up Jabra the so called "master" at tekkai.
Muh boat is an inanimate object that can talk and sail by itself.
Bustercall was completely pointless when the fucking vice admirals did nothing to try and capture the SHs.
Usopp throws away everything and acts completely out of character just to force some drama. Like he really thinks Luffy didn't think hard about getting a new ship, or really doesn't value his friends after saving their fucking assess time and time again.
Muh Sogeking.
Only good thing was Robin's backstory.
>>
>>158785612
Law basically polled ahead of Luffy on the popularity poll though it's exactly what the fanbase wanted from them.
>>
>>158783855
I liked it at the beginning, but it bored me as the arc went along. And then the fact you can get rid of 90% of it and it wouldn't make much of a difference only makes it worse.
>>
>>158785649
>Asspulls with O MY 9 SWORD STYLE and O MY FLAMING LEGS.
I think you're reading a comedy for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>158785614
Honestly this. Most of the time when the anime drags parts out its awful but sometimes the extra buildup makes the scenes even better.
>>
>>158785324
>Time skips aren't automatically bad writing
Nah. If it leads to a sequel, like Naruto>Boruto as a bad example it is acceptable.

>The context here is that Luffy and co must prepare for the cruelest sea they're about to enter.
Sure, but that´s pretty bad writing in my book and doesn´t require a timeskip. It´s pretty much like this:
>Guy isn´t strong enough to beat character x
>Okay let´s make him train for 2 years
>Beats character x one arc later
>>
>>158784147
this was like a One Piece movie made it into the manga
>>
>>158785560
Weekly
>>158785574
I'm a guy
Honestly, I don't even know. I just want enjoyable arcs.
For some reason, i didn't like any of the TS ones. Fishman island was a huge drag (especially considering that Hodie was just a guy on super drugs), Punk Hazard was also long as shit but i liked Shulolo-gasman. I fucking hated the dragon kid.
If you ask me what arcs i liked, i probably can't give you a straight up answer. I just liked the "feel" that OP had before.
Maybe i got too old
>>
>>158785649
And the gears. Can't call foreshadowed 9 swords asspull unless gears are an asspull. I want to reread to see if muh firelegs are foreshadowed, but I've got no idea.
Also, tekkai was super inconsistent for all of them
>>
>>158785130
>OP talks about Water 7
>Gets labeled a Marineford baby
>>
>>158785797
Reread it in a chunk.
>>
>>158785802
There is a page were Luffy says he wants to try out some new moves. It's sparse, but it's there.
>>
>>158785802
Of course how could I forget the gears.
>Can't call foreshadowed 9 swords asspull
Am i a Spee D. Reader? When was this foreshadowed.
>>
>>158785649
Every single one of your complaints applies specifically to Enies Lobby
Water 7 is different
>Usopp throws away everything and acts completely out of character just to force some drama. Like he really thinks Luffy didn't think hard about getting a new ship, or really doesn't value his friends after saving their fucking assess time and time again.
Humans aren't 100% logical everytime. The Go Merry meant a lot to him and he didn't believe it was worth abandoning it until it broke down before his eyes.
>>
>>158784147
i thought this arc was filler for the longest time

i still liked it a lot though
>>
>>158785757
That's the most perfect description I have ever read of it.
>>
>>158783868
whole cake island is good, but let's not pretend people saying one piece went to shit after the timeskip are entirely wrong. Fishman island was hyped for so fucking long and it was trash. Hazard Punk was pretty garbage too, even when taking it as just a setup arc and comparing it to other setup arcs. Dressrosa COULD have been good and certainly had some hype as fuck moments, but it dragged on and on and could've been shortened a few month's worth of chapters.

but yes, Whole Cake Island is the shit.
>>
>>158785900
All his attacks are demonic or animalistic in some way. Enbina Yonezu Oni Giri was used earlier in Enies Lobby against a bunch of guards too, that was an illusion that showed potential.
>>
>>158785797
>a drag
I am of the opinion One Piece is too fast. I really wish it would slow down a bit
>>
>>158785906
>The Go Merry meant a lot to him and he didn't believe it was worth abandoning it until it broke down before his eyes
So what. The GO Merry meant a lot to everyone. Oda made Usopp act out of character for forced drama.
>>
>>158786009
Sorry but I don't count that as foreshadowing.
>>
>>158783656
really?i kind of didnt like water 7 all that much

fights were not very interesting, and i really dont like franky as a crew member.

Chimney,Kokoro and Spandam were fun though.
Also Robin's backstory was nice but thats it.

really though,i feel like one piece's getting worse every arc since the beginning.East blue feels like the best saga while dressrosa feels like the worst.I still like it though,it gets worse by time but not too much.
>>
File: Friendly old person.jpg (110KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
Friendly old person.jpg
110KB, 500x279px
Oda, where's my friend Zoro?
>>
>>158784235
This. There's more, too - in Dressrosa and now, in Totland arc. The manga is, dare I say it, /ourpiece/
>>
>>158784563
kek no
>>
File: IMG_20170601_104237.jpg (321KB, 1024x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170601_104237.jpg
321KB, 1024x1500px
>>158783656
For SaNami
>>
>>158784235
>>158786275
Please dont bring politics into this.
>>
>>158786125
What would be considered foreshadowing? It's a fact that there has always been a spiritual nature to zoro as a swordsman
>>
>>158784817
Zoro was on the back foot and look at Carrot's eyes in the clip.
Absolute determination. She would have continued her attack relentlessly and need I remind you that was far from her strongest attack.
Zoro got knocked out by the Yeti Cool bros. His durability is inconsistent. Zoro could easily have capitalized on that surprise and hit him with one over her various more powerful attacks we've seen her use since.
>>
>>158786349
I did say I would stop, and I did.
>>
>>158783922
Alabasta feels bit unfair since it was more of a culmination of everything that came before it.

Skypiea and Drum are probably the most satisfying self contained arcs.

Baroque works storyline in general was best one piece in every way.
>>
>>158785974
Agree with everything you said!

I'd love to see a proper poll conducted on readers to see if they enjoyed Fishman Island or not. The most underwhelming factor for me was, Strawhats just super leveled up in the timeskip, and are now debuffed by being in water. I dont' exactly remember most of the details of what happened there, strangely enough.
>>
>>158786356
The Vivre Card, forshawdowing Jinbe all the way back at Arlong Park, mention of Boa Hancock on Thriller Bark and Lola mentioning her mom is a big deal in the New world, shit like that. Some random attack that has "spiritual nature" doesn't mean Zoro should grow two more heads and four more arms. It's fucking stupid and contrived.
>>
>>158786098
No, it wasn't. The Going Merry was given to them by Kaya, and for Usopp, Kaya meant more to him than any of the other crew members. Usopp wouldn't have bothered fixing the damn thing time and time again with his amateur skills if it didn't mean anything more to him.
>>
>>158786542
>The Vivre Card, forshawdowing Jinbe all the way back at Arlong Park
What is this?
>>
>>158786385
Just continuing our discussion with a couple of pictures for me to look at later.
Chapter 777 if curious.
>>
File: one_piece_777_18.jpg (279KB, 1200x877px) Image search: [Google]
one_piece_777_18.jpg
279KB, 1200x877px
>>158786385
>>
>>158786620
Pica looks about 200-300 feet wide, i'd say judging for the buildings surrounding him.
>>
>>158786544
Yeah no. The going merry was given to everybody not just Usopp. And for Usopp to throw away all of his friends and dreams just to clutch onto his childhood friend's gift is fucking stupid.
If Kaya meant so much to him, why did he leave the island in the first place?
Usopp fixed it because he had to so they wouldn't sink. Everybody loved the boat, but not everyone became a sudden retard, when they found out they were replacing it.
>>
>>158786662
Looking at >>158786658
There are a few buildings that appear to be 5 or more storeys, they don't even come halfway up his feet, I think Oda has to have fucked up the scale or something there, what do you think?
>>
enel is the strongest char.
>>
>>158786401
What even were the Yeti Cool bros? I assumed they must have used sleeping gas or small pellets to instantly knock unconscious, because what would knock out without damaging?
And also, using "the look in someone's eyes" as a justification for strength isn't really relevant, check the manga for the panel with her eyes first too
>>
>>158786573
Yosaku told us about jinbe in chapter 69, when explaining the warlords.
Ace's vivre card given to Luffy back in Alabasta and BM's vivre card given to Nami in thriller bark by Lola.
>>
File: T1.jpg (54KB, 414x271px) Image search: [Google]
T1.jpg
54KB, 414x271px
Regarding Sanji and Purin

Now, the latest chapter (869) had this moment, with Purin reacting to Sanji catching Nami and indeed it seems Oda has some type of intention behind it. What exactly the meaning of it is is hard to tell, but the most common thoughts seem to be that Purin is either jealous or envious. And sure it’s possible she now has some type of crush on Sanji, and Oda might use that in the story, but only time will tell. Either way, what I really want to talk about is not Sanji and Purin as a ship, but as a real possibility within the story.

I don’t want to bash anyone, and of course those that ship Purin and Sanji are free to do so. But as a Sanji fan I really don’t want Oda to develop some type of real romance there (nor do I think he will). I will in this post discuss my own opinion on why I think that Sanji x Purin actually happening is a bad thing.
If you’re sensitive about Purin x Sanji don’t read.
First of all, she doesn’t deserve Sanji. Simply put Sanji is just too good for someone like Purin. Sanji has even more clearly in this arc been pointed out as one of the kindest characters in One Piece, and to begin with just by being one of the main characters Sanji deserves real happiness. Putting him together with Purin, who has tried to kill him and his loved ones, and who is basically crazy wouldn’t be a happy ending for Sanji. She can get redemption, but that doesn’t excuse what she did and it doesn’t really make for a good relationship.
>>
>>158786349
But that's the easiest way to bait!
Swear to God, some people just hate fun.
>>
File: Enel.png (1MB, 1197x714px) Image search: [Google]
Enel.png
1MB, 1197x714px
>>158786815
flamingo would be smoked in a second or less....
>>
File: bedrock.jpg (239KB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bedrock.jpg
239KB, 760x1200px
>>158786745
Yeah but I'll give you the larger estimate. Lets say he's about 1000 feet deep, since thats the part that Zoro cuts. Pretty good I'd say. But for me the thing is this. Could zoro punch through 200-300 feet of Pica, because that's how deep the bedrock is imo. Because punching through something is more a test of raw power than cutting it as cutting somethings is more about skill(Zoro learns to cut iron).
>>
>>158786745
Yeah. It happened 2 chapters ago when LinLin was at the table as well. Scaling between 2-3 panels not consistent.
>>
File: T2.jpg (116KB, 690x318px) Image search: [Google]
T2.jpg
116KB, 690x318px
>>158786867
Secondly, there isn’t enough time for a real romance to develop. I see people saying that Purin x Sanji could be the new Usopp x Kaya, but remember that Usopp and Kaya knew each other for years and had a bond develop over a long time even before the climax we got to read. If Sanji and Purin developed feelings for each other that are supposed to compare to true love it would definitely need more time than a few days within the universe.
To begin with Sanji had to force himself to smile at the prospect of marrying Purin, and that was when he still thought she was nice. He might find her attractive, but there is no way that Sanji was ever actually in love with her. There simply is no way for them to be in love enough by the end of this arc to want to stay together forever or wait for each other. And before anyone compares her to Hancock, remember that Luffy and Hancock spent much more time together even though it might have started off as a very shallow and one-sided relationship.
Basically there is no stable foundation for this ship right now and it would be shallow from both ends if they ended up together. Also, for Sanji who already has a reputation within the fandom to be a “playboy” (I don’t agree, but still) he would just come off as even more shallow if he ended up with Purin, basically only because she looks good. Her personality isn’t exactly appealing at this point in time. Compared to Viola who hurts Sanji but acted evil against her will, Purin did those things at least partly of her own free will even if she might have been lying to herself. It simply wouldn’t be a healthy relationship.

Continued..
>>
File: T3.png (377KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
T3.png
377KB, 540x810px
>>158786901
As for Purin I take her character as someone who is very damaged, but Oda has also shown a few scenes that indicates that she might long for freedom and possibly even the chance of finding true love, just like her sister Lola. If she ends up with Sanji despite everything she would still end up with someone she didn’t choose for herself. Ending up with Sanji just because he is the first person to call her third eye beautiful would also be a very shallow reason from Purin’s side. Personally I’d see it as a better choice to show her getting a chance to finally be free and live her own life as opposed to getting turned into being a woman that’s supposed to wait for Sanji’s return.
At the end of the day there isn’t enough time for things to change in order to make this couple work. It would make both characters look shallow and the story would feel forced and rushed. I know this might not come off as legit because of my other biased opinions, but I really don’t think writing these two as a canon couple would be a good idea.

Continued
>>
>>158786872
Minks generate static electricity like everything with fur, right? That's the origin of their Electro attack, or so I figure.
So I've been wondering if they can rechannel electricity because of electric powers bullshit. If that would indeed be so, then any Mink with Haki would be able to down Enel.
It's a pretty big "if" though.
>>
File: T4.png (122KB, 540x283px) Image search: [Google]
T4.png
122KB, 540x283px
>>158786939
And this is if Oda even decides to redeem her to begin with of course. I’m not at all sure about what Oda plans to do yet, I only know that Purin definitely has a role to play still. That panel definitely means something, but if it’s good or bad is hard to tell. Personally I suppose having her turn and help the strawhats is more likely. Simply because they need all the help they can get to be able to get out of the current situation and of course there have been hints of Purin not being completely evil. But Oda could just as well have us all fooled and make Purin go crazy again. But if Oda decides to redeem Purin in some way that doesn’t mean that her ending up with Sanji will automatically be a good idea.
I want Sanji to be happy, and I don’t think being with Purin is the answer. I want him to find love, because I truly think that he wants and deserves it, but whatever develops between Sanji and Purin will most likely not be enough for it to feel like a good romance.
Also, please remember that this arc is not about Sanji getting a girl (this includes Nami too), it’s about him confronting his past and finally seeing his own worth. It’s about him and his bonds to Luffy and his nakama.
Of course this is all my own view and anyone who thinks differently are welcome to do so. I just don’t see how Oda could write Sanji x Purin in a way that makes sense both for the characters and the story without feeling forced and underdeveloped.

Thanks for reading. And sorry if I have offended anyone, that was not my intention.

End.
>>
>>158786979
why are you copy-pasting tumblr shit here?
>>
>>158786979
Im not going to bother reading all that. tl;dr it
>>
File: Canon Soon™.png (2MB, 676x2302px) Image search: [Google]
Canon Soon™.png
2MB, 676x2302px
>>158787048
tl;dr some tumblrina is buttmad that SaNa is canon now. None of that shit needed to be posted here though
>>
>>158786979
At least there was a genuine degree of thought put into it, rather than the endlessly regurgitated shitposts we've been force-fed lately.
>>
>>158787029
>>158787081
You'll have to be from Tumblr to know that
>>
The only crewmembers are Luffy through Robin. Anything past that is fanfic shit as far as I'm concerned.
>>
File: one_piece_778_10.jpg (234KB, 1200x876px) Image search: [Google]
one_piece_778_10.jpg
234KB, 1200x876px
>>158786877
Zoom in as close as you can. Luffy was quite close to the ceiling no? That hole is maybe 5x bigger than Luffy maximum. It looks like it closes inward a bit, which would make sense if it broke from impact then crocodile was forced through, unless Luffy punched the stone more than crocodile all the way up.
Then compare the width of the hole, let's say 30 feet at the start, with the hole at the top, vanishing points have an interesting feature that the closer they are the faster they disappear. God knows how this is relevant, but I'm sure someone could try working out the actual size of the entry, exit and tunnel made.

>Inb4 plebbit spacing
To contrast, I'll post the picture of pica post-slice, he's been launched maybe a hundred feet higher into the air than the cut, this will require sheer force. Any vertical momentum must have been provided by a vertical force acting on the object. Unless pica somehow jumped his top half up while being cut.

Ignore where I got it from, I'm phoneposting
>>
>>158786867
>>158786901
>>158786939
>>158786979
1) One Piece isn't a romance focused story so if Oda decides to think of a shallow reason for them to get married it wouldn't affect the story negatively because the focus isn't there
2) Pudding and Sanji's story deeply mirror each other because both were the black sheep of their family and had problems with fitting in with the children around them
3) Oda has redeemed far worse characters and the purpose of the flashback and Pudding's memory of Lola is to show that she is not an evil character by default and had to be shaped that way.
4)Pudding was the only light during this time in Sanji's life and he legimitately fell in love with her which is why he decided to get married in the end. It was his decision and he WANTED it which is why he was so heartbroken that Pudding didn't return those feelings
5) That panel is shown so we as readers understand that Pudding has fallen for Sanji and now the question is whether Sanji still returns those feelings and knowing that he forgives a womans lies, I would say the answer is yes.

Thats all I'm gonna respond cause you went through the effort of either coming with the content yourself or copy-pasting it so you deserve some sort of (you)
>>
>>158787202
You have more headcanons than she does. Here's your (you)
>>
File: Screenshot_20170621-233738_01.png (949KB, 1080x1217px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170621-233738_01.png
949KB, 1080x1217px
>>158786877
Next page I think
>>
>>158783656
Skypiea > water7
>>
>>158786979
Why would you or any other reader think Oda writes stories based on romantic circles? Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong manga. The romcom club is two blocks down.
>>
>>158783656
The real question who will kill themselves first: shippingfags when they realize that their ships won't become canon or me so that I won't have to endure their bullshit for another week.
>>
>think about starting one piece
>see episode 792 is latest

fuck no. I assume manga is 5 billion chapters. Looks gay anyway
>>
>>158787306
Join in the autistic weight and height calculating club
>>
>>158787189
What always gets me about that image-- the momentum that was required to lift the stone torso that high into the air. The slice I can get. But the upwards velocity to displace it seemed like a bit much for a non DBZ manga.

Whatever though.
>>
>>158787189
I understand what you're trying to get at but swordsman ship seems to work differently in OP than in real life. Otherwise Mihawk in terms of raw strength would strength wise be one of the strongest, if not the strongest character because him cutting the iceberg was unsurpassed. Also Haki does seem to make it easier to cut and pierce things(Kuja arrows) so his strength deficit could be compensated that way.

Its not a comparable feat looking back at it because punching through something is much more difficult than slicing it. And Zoro's flashback with his teacher seems to imply that something other than raw power is needed to "cut"
>>
>>158787343
About 850 chapters, quite a fast read to be honest, I'd watch the series while playing vidya if I was you.
It's pretty gay to be fair though. Sanji and Zoro totally have a thing together
>>
>open one piece thread
>shipping garbage once again
>close thread

kill yourselves degenerates
>>
>>158787376
You're misunderstanding, also, Mihawk IS one of the strongest characters, probably top 10 after yonkou and admirals maybe
>>
>>158787343
The anime goes to total shit quality-wise around episode 500. Reading 800 chapters doesnt that that long though.
You can do it in about 1 or 2 weeks, a couple hours a day.
>>
>>158787376
It's simply a feat of physical strength to launch things, leverage only gets you so far, especially when your lever is a meter long plus arm length
>>
>>158787048
Tl;dr SaPu won't and shouldn't happen
>>158787099
Thank you
>>158787202
>1
False
>2
False
>3
Maybe
>4
Extremely false. I recommend reading this arc again
>5
Don't say it like that is what Oda was trying to say. He has mislead us a bunch if times now. I am sure you were one of those who thought Pudding was good and not sending them to a trap. You are extremely delusional
>>
>>158787353
That's why it's simply a fact that Zoro is strong. Very very strong
>>
>>158787428
We dont know how strong Mihawk is in terms of raw strength though, which is the topic of our discussion. Is Zoro stronger than base luffy in terms of raw strength? And knowing that cutting something requires more than just brute force shown by Zoro's flashback, I dont believe that him cutting Pica is an accurate guage of his raw output of power. As for the whole leverage and displacement thing, its a manga. Putting in too much real life physics is not appropritate imo.
>>
>>158787275
Alabasta >>>>>>> whatever else
>>158783656
Morbid curiosity, mostly, same reason I read Naruto religiously every week.
Mostly I can't wait to be in my sixties to finally confirm that One Piece was the friends we made along the way.
>>
Between Water 7 and up until the end of Marineford, OP was the greatest manga. That's a run where you can't pick out a single bad chapter.

If you dislike Thriller Bark it's only because you watched the anime which SLAUGHTERED the pacing.
>>
>>158783656
I never read water 7 I found it boring

Whole cake has been fun as fuck compared to that
>>
>>158787644
If we discount physics there's no merit to any feat. To be honest strength in One Piece is mostly determined by willpower anyway
>>
>>158786728
>is fucking stupid
Why is Usopp not allowed to act fucking stupid?

>If Kaya meant so much to him, why did he leave the island in the first place?
Because adventure meant more. This is a very typical thing in adventure stories and specifically in nip stuff.

>Everybody loved the boat, but not everyone became a sudden retard, when they found out they were replacing it.
Because for Usopp it was personal. It was even foreshadowed in Jaya and Skypiea, reread.
>>
>>158787428
Mihawk is stronger than Shanks. The only way he'd be below admirals or yonkou is because he has no subordinates.
>>
>>158787895
Also he hunts pirates. Like old Zoro. We've never seen him commit a villainous act thus far.
>>
>>158787939
There's a difference between being a dick and villainous though, he's still kind of a dick
>>
>>158787857
>If you dislike this part its only becuz you did it wrong!1!!!
Kill yourself. Thriller Bark was terrible. Tied for worst arc of the series along with FI.
Shitty villain, bad side characters, dragged on for way to long (even within the manga) shit setting, and introduced the worst SH ever.
>>
>>158787979
Chicks dig that, I hear. Does a guy who dresses like Mihawk not look like he's carousing for poon?
>>
>>158787895
Naw, he is (possibly) a stronger swordsman.
But in a "everything goes" pirate fight shanks should be stronger.
>>
>>158787882
>If we discount physics there's no merit to any feat
Not really though. Simple things like lifting or pushing aside something counts as a strength feat imo, whereas slicing something is more of a refined skill in One Piece. And from the instances where Oda has shown us strength feats, Luffy has come in top. Though Oda should really just show us a lifting competition to shut the fanboys up. From my reading of OP, its clear that Luffy's main asset is his enormous strength(without which his rubber powers would be nothing) whereas for Zoro it is his skill with the sword.

>>158788024
Mihawk looks like a classic gay club bro imo.
>>158787895
We dont know that and I'm talking about RAW POWER, not skill or the ability to beat someone in a duel
>>
>>158785517
I hated the Law / Rebecca pandering.
>>
>>158785517
Dressrossa is pretty damn bad
>>
>>158788087
Zoro's biggest strength is his tenacity and toughness both mental and physical to be honest. Any debate about Luffy vs Zoro in a fight is just this: has Zoro shown enough durability to survive G4 KK punch
>>
File: AngryLuffy.png (925KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
AngryLuffy.png
925KB, 640x360px
>>158786819
She still looks just as determined in the Manga panel and
>The look in someones eyes isn't relevant to strength
People with the most determined look win 100% of the time senpai
>>
>>158787262
Pica was such a disapointment.
>>
>>158783656
Oda will never surpass Alabasta and Water 7 didn't.
>>
>>158787892
>Why is Usopp not allowed to act fucking stupid?
Because after everything Usopp and the crew went through up to that point, he's willing just to throw it all away? Even his dreams, which was the main reason for setting out to sea in the first place? He's allowed to act stupid, but this was just forced drama by Oda and made Usopp act out of character.
>Because for Usopp it was personal. It was even foreshadowed in Jaya and Skypiea, reread
No. It was personal for everybody. Kaya gave that boat to Luffy and the SH at first. Not Usopp. He only joined once Luffy asked him to.
>Because adventure meant more. This is a very typical thing in adventure stories and specifically in nip stuff.
Yeah so why is Usopp so obsessed with the stupid ship in the first place? If Kaya meant more to Usopp than any crewmember, he wouldn't have left the island. But if he cared about adventure more, he wouldn't have a problem replacing the ship.
>>
>>158788196
Only reason I didn't include that was because even that's debatable as Zoro had his moment during Thriller Bark, but Luffy showcased enormous mental and physical toughness through Impel Down/Marineford. So in my eyes they're almost equal at this point until another event comes up in OP that shows us otherwise.
>>
>>158788082
There are two reasons Mihawk could have for not wanting to duel Shanks anymore:
1.) He respects his old rival too much to defeat him as a cripple
2.) He's afraid to lose to a one armed man
>>158788087
>I'm talking about RAW POWER, not skill or the ability to beat someone in a duel
Well I didn't see the quote I posted as worded like that so that's why I made that comment. I just want people to stop underestimating him, he's definitely one of the absolute strongest characters.
>>
Is it generally agreed by people over here that the manga lost quality during the time skip? That's honestly around the time I stopped having the willpower to read through it.
>>
Rewatching Water 7 for the first time in precisely 9 years.

What the flying fuck, I remember the pacing being bad. If anything the pacing's too quick, there's only one episode dedicated to the immensity of this city. The SHs live in a comfy-ass hotel room and we don't even get to see what it looks like.
>>
>>158785517
This.
>>
>>158788249
Usopp believed Luffy and the crew were ready to get rid of the boat whenever it became convenient. Yeah, deep down, he knew better than that, and deep down, he knew they were right, but that's not how human beings work. Sometimes emotions take over, and the pain of losing Merry Go made him act like that.
>>
>>158788276
No. Most agree that it loses steam around Luffy's 2nd flashback with Original the Character Sabo, and doesn't regain it until either Punk hazard or Zou.

I do NOT get the hate for Punk Hazard, feels like an arc straight out of episode 220-something. Quick, dramatic, fun villains and extremely fun allies, this is One Piece to me.
>>
>>158788220
And Zoro never starts looking determined, he always gets battered and then crushes his opponent with some asspull massive move. Except post TS where he's been nearly untouchable
>>
>>158788249
>Even his dreams
He was planning to keep sailing by himself, or even go with the giants. End of the day he recapacitated, said sorry and came back. If you don't think this is normal human behaviour then you are dumb

>It was personal for everybody
Not what the manga shows. If you want your headcanon to be more relevant than facts, then write fanfiction instead of arguing about the real story.
>>
>>158788261
Being hopped up on drugs counts for half of Impel and Marine at least
>>
>>158785918
desu it was, Oda included it in order to deepen Robin's bond and figure out the whole of Water 7 and Enies Lobby, afaik.
>>
>>158783801
I genouinely lost interest.
The characters are all the same pretty much. The character specific laughters are so overdone at this point. So many situations in which you're supposed to be bawwing ruined by some faggots close up snot and tears face. So much boring backstory just when the action rolls along. Luffys crew is pretty much useless, they only fight the other henchmen who are just fodder. What OP posted was the only time one piece really impressed me.
>>
File: 00.jpg (102KB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
102KB, 491x750px
It was the last time Sanji was a hardboiled cook with a heart of gold and a soft spot for women instead of a fucking walking meme.
>>
>>158788451
sounds to me like you watched the anime
>>
>>158788276
There's 3 groups of people:
-the ones who think post-TS is bad and left the threads/dropped the manga altogether. Their opinion is not represented in the threads
-the ones who still follow the manga enough to post in the threads yet still agree post-TS is bad.
-the ones who think it's okay. These will try to make the others seem like a minority although it is a vast majority if we put groups 1 and 2 together, and rarely respond to arguments, mostly resorting to cheap catchphrases like "you grew up" or "nostalgia"
>>
>>158788348
Agree. PH was great.
>>
>>158788428
Yeah but thats still a feat. IMO Luffy surviving Magellans poison is equivalent to Zoro surviving Luffy+his own pain.

Only reason people seem to forget Luffy's endurance is cause his personality is not as intense and dedicated as Zoro's so it's easier to say Zoro has more willpower whereas nothing we've seen so far indicates that either trumps one another in that department.
>>
>>158788348
>with Original the Character Sabo
What was wrong with Sabo? Not enough foreshadowing for you?
>>
>>158783656
The one piece is a chest with a piece of paper which says "The jouney and the friends you made alongside are the biggest treasure a man can find."

You heard it here first.
>>
>>158788474
Both, Manga and Anime
>>
>>158788537
Oda confirmed that One Piece is a physical object that will have a big impact on the story.
>>
>>158788537
I've been hearing that since '07 or '08.
>>
>>158788561
>One Piece is the Eve Tree, full of the devil's fruit
>>
File: lionsong.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lionsong.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>158788394
Zoro determined looks any fight he wins
Determined look=Win
Rageface/Smugface/shockedface=lose
And stanby for proof that in One Piece facial expression 100% determines whether you won or lost
>>
>>158788537
>>158788561
Its probably either the Rio Poneglyph or a translated transcript of it.
>>
>>158788416
>He was planning to keep sailing by himself, or even go with the giants
True but still.Throwing away his comrades like that? Out of character.
>Not what the manga shows. If you want your headcanon to be more relevant than facts, then write fanfiction instead of arguing about the real story
Luffy struggled with giving away the Merry for a while, and most of them cried when it went in flames. Everybody loved the Merry just as much as Usopp.
>>
>>158785797
>Weekly
There's your problem, I drop it every 2 months so I can marathon it properly, shit's great.
>>
>>158788618
He always has thst face right until the end of the fights though, also he smugfaced the entire way through Pica.
>>
>>158788678
I don't think it was smug, I think it was him finally being able to flex his full strength.
>>
File: Determinedmeanswewon.jpg (269KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
Determinedmeanswewon.jpg
269KB, 1280x768px
>>158788618
>>
>>158788535
Every shitty trope rolled into one.

>Brother of the two most popular characters that we've never heard about
>Thought to have died 20 years ago but was really just in hiding
>Literal fucking amnesia which disappears when convenient to the plot
>Exists solely as a replacement to Ace since Ace would just be a random bum without Whitebeard
>Super special snowflake powers even before grabbing the most popular fruit
>Overall extremely dull and lacking in personality

Pretty much the only way they could make him worse is if Dragon adopts him and names him "only son".
>>
Zoro jobbing in Wano is gonna be hilarious.
>>
Bon Clay? More like saved the day T_T
>>
>>158788736
But none of that happened during the 2nd flashback. As for the first point it was foreshadowed. Anyone knew at that point. What were his powers again?
>>
>>158788561
>one piece is proof that outer-space life exist and allows humanity to join the galactic pirate warfare in search for two-piece
You heard it here first
>>
File: feelingthefeels.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
feelingthefeels.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
Post your face if carrot joins the crew.
>>
File: IMG_5309.png (247KB, 570x668px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5309.png
247KB, 570x668px
>>158788904
>>
>>158788863
Using my amazing skills of deduction, I can tell that finding One Piece is the end because Oda says he had the ending figured out all along, most likely looooong before coming up with all this void century and ultimate weapon bullshit.

if it turns out to just be the start of something bigger, he just outed himself as a liar.
>>
File: ugh.png (163KB, 656x612px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
163KB, 656x612px
>>158788904
Oda won't do this to us.
>>
File: 1492192748149.png (64KB, 368x426px) Image search: [Google]
1492192748149.png
64KB, 368x426px
>>158788904
>>
>>158788747
Yeah I'm waiting for it too, and I'm a hardcore zorofag, narratively it makes sense though
>>
>>158788904
I like Carrot. She's just like Luffy, before being broken down by the ravages of begin a pirate captain.

It's nice to have ONE fucking person on the team who's occasionally optimistic about things.
>>
File: Bonchan.jpg (36KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Bonchan.jpg
36KB, 600x338px
>>158788904
>>
File: duv.png (58KB, 152x316px) Image search: [Google]
duv.png
58KB, 152x316px
>>158788904
>>
File: zoro.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
zoro.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>158789074
Poster your replied to, same. I LOVE Zoro as a character but he really does get too smug and anal at times so I'm kind of looking forward to it.
>>
>>158788281
Enies Lobby is when the pacing suffers, not Water 7.
>>
File: 234890.png (9KB, 332x176px) Image search: [Google]
234890.png
9KB, 332x176px
>>158788904
>>
File: Untitled.png (172KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
172KB, 720x1280px
>>158788904
We like Carrot now. After the look she gave Sanji x Nami
>>
>>158789264
I'll slap you, anon. By Hastur I'll reach through this fucking screen and kill you
>>
>>158788736
Thanks for explaining one of the many, many reasons that make Dressrosa a shit arc.

Dunno what child Sabo has to do with it though.
>>
>>158789264
Why do SaNa fags have to try to make every post about them?
>>
>>158789191
Zoro is stronger than Luffy. He is also less autistic
>>
File: Zoro2.png (618KB, 749x635px) Image search: [Google]
Zoro2.png
618KB, 749x635px
>>158788747
I wouldn't say hilarious, but it's something I would look forward to.
>>
>>158789001
You say that. But Toei handles the anime and it's not like Oda isn't tainted by greed.

>if it turns out to just be the start of something bigger, he just outed himself as a liar.
It's called subverting your expectations. Being unpredictable is a good thing
>>
File: zolo.gif (18KB, 149x112px) Image search: [Google]
zolo.gif
18KB, 149x112px
>>158789303
Luffys a retard but not autistic(has loads of fun, people love him, party animal) while Zoro is relatively normal but completely autistic(avoids social contact, people think he's scary, hates having fun, generally avoids chicks)
>>
Zoro is for edgelords based on personal experience
>>
File: one-piece-9226843.jpg (2MB, 1920x1535px) Image search: [Google]
one-piece-9226843.jpg
2MB, 1920x1535px
Nah, people just like the flashier stuff more than the build-up of different factions and conflicts that is happening right now.
And really, the SH's and co. are fighting a yonkou right now, and you'd want to go back to Water 7?

I mean, they haven't gone to Elbaf or Wano. That's gonna be hype af.
>>
>>158789436
>hates having fun
Now that's just false, he enjoys a good party as much as the other SHs
>>
>>158789478
You're lusting after his cock?
>>
>>158789436
Doest zoro like parties and drinking? I miss laid back zoro drinking and smiling from the first cover. He never recovered his smile after getting cut in half by mihawk.
>>
>>158789436
Luffy is mentally challenged. That's why Zoro is stronger than him.
Zoro wouldn't have needed Law's help to defeat Doffy
>>
Yah-hahaha!
>>
File: ((you)).png (1MB, 1113x768px) Image search: [Google]
((you)).png
1MB, 1113x768px
>>158789553
Yeah Zoro should be captain but he's too autistic to challenge Luffy cause he's afraid of eye contact.
>>
POCKETO NO SORI
SORETTO
>>
File: 1480970395237.png (56KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
1480970395237.png
56KB, 300x263px
>>158784147
TWO WORDS:AFRO LUFFY
theres nothing suppassing this in forever
>>
>>158789478
Or people who pray in the iron temple
>>
>>158789494
Water 7 isn't flashy at all. That's part of why it's such a great arc. It's all character work.
>>
>>158789634
Luffy has a boner for Zoro because he knows Zoro is stronger than him.
Zoro has more stamina than Luffy.
>>
>>158789544
He is very laid back and chill, just check out the post-dressrosa stuff, loads of relaxed happy Zoro moments
>>
>>158783855
I'm love Skypeia. I remember seeing it on Cartoon Network way back when before I got into One Piece
>>
>>158788348
A light hearted arc coming off the back of a light hearted arc was kind of annoying, since it felt like Oda reached a turning point with Marineford/Shabody by trying to present the characters as being fallible without actually having to kill them, the implication being that future arcs (post-Marineford) would be a lot more "intense" and serious but ever since then - and perhaps due to the popularity of the series, the manga has become defined by what it was perceived to be, rather than what it previously was.

Like, now everything is just a merry adventure and everything is super quirky and nothing dramatic every really happens to the main characters.

Like, the implication of Shabody is that going into the New World, the characters will face unrelenting adversity - yet every arc (and thus conflict) since has been a result of the choices the characters make (aside from Whole Cake, I guess) - i.e. Luffy willingly choosing to intervene in someone else's problems because "why the hell not?" rather than the characters finding themselves in trouble because of their earlier choice, because they willingly set foot into, what is supposed to be the most dangerous part of the ocean.

Fundamentally, my problem is that Oda seems to have discarded his entire build up. If it weren't for the fact that the characters choose to involve themselves in drama, it feels like they could just cakewalk the new world, because no-one is actively trying to stop them.

And even then, so as to avoid having to kill or maim main characters (in what should be treacherous circumstances), each arc, we're given an increasing number of side characters who basically exist as proxies for everything that the MCs should be taking on themselves, from drama, to conflict and death.
>>
>>158783656
Haki loses effectiveness or duration the wider the area it is used on right? So when are we going to get the logical conclusion of a character using haki purely on the very edge of their swords to get thst diamond solid slice while also fighting for ages and ages?
>>
>>158784091
It's still there.
>>
>>158786349

Denying the political aspects to OP is kinda stupid. It's in the background not really discussed in the series, but it gives a nice platform for the older readers to look into the OP world and our own.
>>
>>158789869
There is politics involved but both leftists and rightists seem to think they own the ideology of one piece so discussing it through that lens is not appropriate imo and is opening a huge can of worms. Politics discussed in OP should be discussed within its world without trying to bring it back to our own.
>>
can enel come back? or is he out for good since he's featured in cover story?
>>
File: Ener.png (164KB, 559x253px) Image search: [Google]
Ener.png
164KB, 559x253px
>>158788904
>>
i miss foxy
>>
>>158789288
About half the things I mentioned?
>>
>>158789687
Zoro has higher endurance, that is proven by the fact that all the pain that knocked luffy down couldnt knock him, but luffy has stronger will and raw strength.
>>
>>158788448
back when you could call Oda, Goda/ a genius and you wouldn't be called out for spouting memes
>>
File: NHC10_Infobox.png (105KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
NHC10_Infobox.png
105KB, 350x197px
>>158789753
>A light hearted arc

I'm sorry - What? When did One Piece get darker than using children for human experimentation, force-feeding them addictive drugs until they die?
>>
>>158790149
Not true, Zoro is stronger than Luffy.
>>
>>158789753
I disagree with this entire post. We've always had light hearted arcs and in early OP they were back to back. Oda did reach a turning point with Marineford/Sabaody, which was that Luffy and the gang just weren't ready for the NW. Jinbe said this after Marineford. Paraphrasing here but something along the lines of "you've waltz through because you thought you could handly anything with you strength and determination but you've been through a tornado of powerful people trying to stop you." This was meant that the main characters needed to get stronger, so that they could enjoy the freedom in the new world. I never took it as it's going to get more serious. The core of OP has always been about adventuring and accomplishing their dreams. Luffy and the SH's needed power that would let them do the in the NW.
Sure the main characters are in problems because they actively chose to be in them, but that's interesting because that hasn't really happened before. Previously they would get interrupted on their adventures, but now Luffy is close to his goal and by fighting to take down the Yonko, he is actively pursuing it.
You say no one is actively trying to stop them, but FI was just that. Maybe they could cakewalk the new world, but Luffy wants to take down the Yonko and that is the way to become PK.
>we're given an increasing number of side characters who basically exist as proxies for everything that the MCs should be taking on themselves, from drama, to conflict and death.
This has always been the case. Vivi for example.
>>
>>158783656
Arlong Park was much better than Marineford. Marineford was actually really dull. Just a bunch of fights. Whitebeard was pretty cool though.

Also, while I have a bunch of problems with Dressrosa, everything since the chapter Doflamingo was defeated in has been better and better. Whole Cake is a pretty great arc. Zou was also good, a nice change of pace with some great world building, and one of the top 5 best moments in One Piece ("Raizou-dono is safe.")
>>
>>158790149
Not really Luffy thought the threat was over so he let go of his will of stay awake. Doesn't really prove that his endurance was lower.
>>
>>158789753
>implying half the crew including Zoro wasn't effortlessly defeated by two grunts
>>
File: Usopp-Sogeking.png (498KB, 750x719px) Image search: [Google]
Usopp-Sogeking.png
498KB, 750x719px
What would you say would be the best way to contact and get an answer about a question you've had about One Piece?
>>
File: caesar clong.png (232KB, 713x514px) Image search: [Google]
caesar clong.png
232KB, 713x514px
>>158790236
That wasn't even that dark, everyone makes too much of a big deal out of those kids. Caesar was a good boy he didn't even do nothing. He was just trying to get his life back on track after vegapunk sabotaged his gas experiment and ruined his reputation.
>>
Just what exactly is the Void Century?
>>
>>158790362
not being a speed reader is the best method
>>
File: 1494779743446.png (2KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
1494779743446.png
2KB, 90x90px
>>158788904
>>
Why do i feel like people complaining about x arc is people who started reading one piece so late that only the "hype arcs" are the ones they think are better?
>>
>>158790250
Luffy destroyed a city; Zoro has better technique and probably better at fighting but Luffy without a doubt has more raw strength
>>
File: friendly jewish cook.png (529KB, 437x720px) Image search: [Google]
friendly jewish cook.png
529KB, 437x720px
>>158784147
when is Afro Luffy returning to the New World?
I want my Jet boxing Pistol
>>
>>158790526
Dude the guy is trolling you.
>>
>>158790385
He spent the money he got for research on whore ships.
>>
>>158787262
It's a fucking comic, does it really matter?
>>
>>158790526
Zoro can do anything Luffy has done. He took all of his damage on thriller bark. Luffy is a weak faggot
>>
>>158790362
I really miss Sogeking.
Was hoping he'd be a thing for the rest of the series.
>>
>>158783656
>we
Speak for yourself, guy
>>
>>158790588
>If I don't like something then it's a troll
What I would expect from underage Luffyfaggots
>>
>>158790104
only 1 and it isn't even relevant
>>
File: mfw.gif (238KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
238KB, 600x338px
>>158790650
>underage Luffyfaggots
I admire your dedication to the art of shitposting.
Here's a laughing Luffy and a (you). Keep up the good work friend, we need shitposters like you to get rid of shipposting!
>>
File: cider cloud.png (137KB, 453x304px) Image search: [Google]
cider cloud.png
137KB, 453x304px
>>158790592
Not even the anon you replied to, but Caesar deserved a little relaxation from his tough life, and gigantification is impossible to accomplish in humans even if the entire race worked towards it for 100 years. You have to admit what Caesar did do is impressive and none of those children died. It's a non issue at this point, and not really such a big deal.
>>
>>158790453
It's not a question about Sogeking. It's just the first One Piece picture I could grab from my computer.

I want to be able to get to Oda and ask him directly about an issue that hasn't been addressed in the story.
>>
Why do all the other Supernovae have such lame crews?

I know why, because their crews are not the focus, but still. Bege's most notable crew members are a guy with big hands and a big tongue, and a literal giant retard.
Law's crew are a bunch of clones and a bear.
Blackbeard is the only member of the worst generation with a diverse and interesting crew, and that is probably because they are all set-up for future fights with the strawhats.

I hope that aspect will be a bit better in future arcs, but then again Oda already has problems balancing the huge cast of characters, so I guess I am all in all fine with the way it is now.
>>
>>158790588
Bored, waiting for hxh spoilers since no OP this week
>>158790607
>pre-ts
Usopp could tank that damage, it's nothing special anymore. And Zoro was one-shotted by Enel and I doubt he would be able to defeat Croc in Alabasta
>>
>>158790743
Yeah, I will not reply to you any further.
>>
>>158790735
>shitposters
Keep telling yourself that, buddy. That won't make Luffy stronger than Zoro.
Luffy is Zoros bitch
>>158790820
Luffy would've lost to enel too if it wasn't for his fruit
>>
>>158790599
You're an autist, do you really matter?
>>
>>158790818
It probably is because most Non Strawhats Supernovas crews usually just follow the theme of the Captain himself excluding Blackbeard.
Urouges crew theme is Monk + Angels
Laws is submariners
and etc.
>>
>>158791028
Right, I forgot about Ma D. Monk's crew. Also, Kidd's crew might be interesting just for the fact that Killer exists, and he is pretty different from his captain.
Bonney's crew was also seen already, but it's safe to assume they are all dead now.

I wonder if Apu will have a fun musician crew, but he is serving under Kaidou now, so it probably won't matter - unless his entire crew is under Kaidou.
>>
>>158791126
>unless his entire crew is under Kaidou.
Kaidou probably doesnt even know theyre still on his boots
>>
>>158791175
That would be both a letdown and extremely funny.
>>
File: OP_FilmZ_00_0000s_0029_Layer 10.jpg (288KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
OP_FilmZ_00_0000s_0029_Layer 10.jpg
288KB, 1920x1200px
I want to raise heroes.
>>
File: Bunnyscout.gif (2MB, 540x391px) Image search: [Google]
Bunnyscout.gif
2MB, 540x391px
Carrot will join and eat the snow fruit
We NEED Carrot on the crew.
>>
>>158792339
Caesar and Jinbe are the last main crewmembers, there isn't enough room for Carrot. She can just be an ally.
>>
>>158789753
I would say that the point of the timeskip(on top upgrading the crew) was to present a block in the road for the crew to continue with their light-hearted adventures. Oda excused the timeskip as an event necessary for the crew to avoid the hardships of a premature venture into the New World. I don't believe a serious, darker One Piece was ever intended.
>>
>>158785802
Every single one of those powerups was at least telegraphed.
>Luffy travels down Skypeia on an inflatable octopus and witnessed how Soru works
>Luffy mimics the inflation on his parts
>Zoro's as stated
>Sanji fought Wanze who used skates to make fire

>>158786098
>Oda made Usopp act out of character for forced drama.
>speedreaders not realizing it wasn't about Merry at all
>>
File: Marshall_D._Teach_as_Child.png (264KB, 443x418px) Image search: [Google]
Marshall_D._Teach_as_Child.png
264KB, 443x418px
>>158792339
Snow rabbit during a full moon vs Aokiji

Too predictable Oda, too predictable.
>>
>>158792339
No she wont and before you give me the bullshit about her kimono, those are carrots not tangerines.
>>
>>158783656
Marineford isn't even as good as the arcs leading up to it. It's probably the second worst arc in Paradise, after Foxy.
>>
File: carrotwilleatthesnowfruit.jpg (167KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
carrotwilleatthesnowfruit.jpg
167KB, 540x429px
>>158793004
You must be talking about this picture with the Tangerines and Nami with snow on her kimono
>>
File: round carrot.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
round carrot.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>158793260
Nami doesn't have snow on her Kimono and Carrot's kimono is made up of guess what........carrots
>>
>>158793260
Nami wants that Sanji dick
>>
>>158793643
Why do you have to self-insert into every single conversation? Damn you're annoying.
>>
File: wanofull.jpg (1MB, 1980x1440px) Image search: [Google]
wanofull.jpg
1MB, 1980x1440px
>>158793260
Full image
>>
File: kissu soon!!!!.gif (283KB, 280x279px) Image search: [Google]
kissu soon!!!!.gif
283KB, 280x279px
>>158793682
I just need the attention, sweetie. And all you're doing is giving it to me. Thanks!
>>
>>158793747
Thats genuinely pathetic.
>>
Are there any good One Piece games?
>>
6 MORE DAYS UNTIL SPOILERS BROS. WE'RE ALMOST THERE.
>>
>>158793340
>Those straight ass leaves
Those arent the kind of leaves on those tangerines
>>
File: Parisian4.jpg (69KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Parisian4.jpg
69KB, 600x800px
>>158794266
Tangerines are grouped together and dont have individual leaves coming out of them. BTW the leaves are cut on the carrot, this is what they look like without.

Image is far closer to a carrot than to a damn tangerine.
>>
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I've last checked OPG. What has happened with our favorite nakama clown boy? I stopped checking these threads when Gangster Gastino was introduced.
>>
File: strawhats and bege.png (91KB, 390x268px) Image search: [Google]
strawhats and bege.png
91KB, 390x268px
>>158794410
It turns out Caesar is back and he's on track to join soon!
>>
File: Wan Piss.png (2MB, 1280x1097px) Image search: [Google]
Wan Piss.png
2MB, 1280x1097px
>>158788904

Luffy's face in particular.
>>
>>158793682
I was just pointed something out. Relax.
Also please excuse my little retarded cousin >>158793747
>>
>>158783656
Do people still believe the "Dressrosa is shit" meme? It's the best arc in the series but people don't like it because they watch the shitty anime instead of reading the manga.
>>
>>158794541
>I was just pointed something out.
>backpedaling
>calling anyone else retarded
Don't you SaNafags have any shame?
>>
>>158794479
I'm popping champagne bottles when he joins
>>
>>158794575
Anon I didn't care too much for Dressrosa because I read the manga over the course of three fucking years. It was too drawn out.
>>
>>158794594
>backpedaling
Do you know what that even means? I truthfully answered your question. How is that backpedaling?
And yes my little cousin is "special" don't mind him
>>
Wait, I forgot, is Caesar a Paramecia or Logia?
>>
>>158794681
Logia, I remember Luffy specifically said only people with haki should go near him, so Sanji/Zoro/Himself.
>>158794645
>that wasn't me it was my little brother typing teehee
>>158793781
>>
File: 20170621_214111.png (129KB, 1080x1110px) Image search: [Google]
20170621_214111.png
129KB, 1080x1110px
>>158794736
Anon...
I didn't mean literally
>>
>>158794575
It's one of my three favorite arcs but I'm also a Lawfag
>>
>>158794372
looks absolutely nothing like what is on Carrot's kimono they are tangerines because she is very close to Nami now. That's why Nami will make sure she gets on the crew. She wants to stay an Nami and Chopper won't let her go back to Zou. She is a Strawhat now.
>>
>>158792949
That or Katakuri
>>
Is Little Oars Jr. alive?
>>
>>158783656
Maybe, just MAYBE... there are people with differing opinions you???! I'm following along becuase I think Water 7 is massively overhyped and Dressrosa is unfairly shat on, post-timeskip is just as good as pre.
>>
File: FILE1066.jpg (71KB, 612x466px) Image search: [Google]
FILE1066.jpg
71KB, 612x466px
>>158788904
>>
>>158794575
I wonder if I and other people here would have enjoyed it more if they didn't read in real time. Going through it in bulk would have made it a bit less painful.
>>
>>158795431
Probably. That shit really dragged on for too long.
>>
>arrive at new place
>hear about a sad story
>beat up the arc's villain

When will they stop repeating this pattern?
>>
after wci will luffy meet up with neko+marco and the wano high council?
>>
>>158795508
Hmmm. Back in the days I would wait for arcs to finish before reading, I did Thriller Bark in bulk over the course of a week. At the end of it, I just felt "stuffed". Like food consumption stuffed. Felt like I was sick of seeing that setting. Couldn't imagine what weekly readers felt going through a year of Eternal Halloween.
>>
>>
If Zoro would have joined after Brook everyone would have hated him
>>
>>158794575
What do you like about it?
>>
>>158783922
Alabasta and Namek are probably the 2 best shonen arc ever, and both are similar.

>Little group infiltrate a new country/planet
>A very big fucking powerful ruthless guy rule the place
>This same big fucking powerful guy is here for something that will make him rule the world/universe
>>
>>158796020
He is bad, possibly the worst of the original 5 Straw Hats.
>core motivation is very similar to Luffy's
>reason for that motivation is incredibly simple and never expanded upon
>has the most flat dialogue, probably the least dialogue altogether
>has far less emotional investment in what's going on than anyone else
>none of his fights have any emotional weight to them, he's just taking out the villain he happens to be matched with in that arc bc it's his job
>all of them end with him just overpowering the enemy in a single move, no tactics or special powers used at all
>>
>>158788717
>If you beat your enemy who is standing for his idea, they win
>>
File: 9d5.jpg (53KB, 540x245px) Image search: [Google]
9d5.jpg
53KB, 540x245px
STEVE FUCKING BUSCEMI?
>>
File: steve.png (49KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
steve.png
49KB, 320x240px
>>158796832
Yup.
>>
>>158796937
Stevejii
>>
>>158796937
Just the dickish wise guy personality of Buscemi in Reservoir Dogs. He said he didn't use him as a model just his vibe.
>>
>>158783656
I think Oda is just trying to copy-paste water7 success in recent arcs, but you can argue that all of them since Arlong Park are essentially the same
>>
Rate my arc ratings
Romance Dawn 6/10
Orange Town 5/10
Syrup Village 4/10
Baratie 6/10
Arlong 9/10
Lougetown 6/10 (7/10 in the anime)
Laboon/whiskypeak 6/10
Little garden 7/10
Drum 8/10
Alabasta 9/10
Skypia 8/10
Foxy 2.6 billion/10 (seriously I actually enjoy this arc it's hilarious idk why it's so hated
Water 7/Enis lobby 10/10
Thriller bark 7/10
Sabaody 8/10
Impel down 9/10
Marineford 8/10
Fishman island 6/10
Punk hazard 6.5/10
Dressarosa 7/10
Zou 8/10
WCI shaping up to be a 9/10
>>
>>158796832
Just the "vibe" you fucking retard. Do you not know how to read?
>>
>>158797326
You know what, the more I think about it the more cool shit i remember form Dressarosa. Won't go full 8, but 7.5
>>
>>158795431
Spee D. Reader here. Punk Hazard was kind of boring and Dressrosa gets unnecessarily shonen near the Doffy fight but otherwise it was a solid arc almost on par with Alabasta.
>>
File: tumblr_orejk2bN781t3wyoxo1_1280.jpg (360KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orejk2bN781t3wyoxo1_1280.jpg
360KB, 1280x1707px
Carrot ships SaNa doesn't she
>>
>>158797430
>>158797190
It would finally make sense why Sanji get's rejected a lot, though.
Imagine you get creeped on by a guy with a creepy, cadaverous appearance. The manga really does a bad work transitioning that.
Makes one wonder how ugly those silly designed characters really are.
>>
>>158797581
>it would make sense
But that's not the case. Learn to read. Your headcanon is not canon.
Sanji gets rejected by the way he acts not the way he looks. That's pretty obvious
>>
File: 5185121212.gif (34KB, 318x268px) Image search: [Google]
5185121212.gif
34KB, 318x268px
>series about pirates and the navy
>barely uses these themes and constantly goes into other territory with absolute trash art direction

really activates my almonds
>>
All Dressarosa had to do was trim just bit of the Colosseum, after the bird cage and the 10 minute gear 4 cool down and it would've been a fantastic arc instead of a just pretty good one. The think is tho, now that it's all out I can skip whatever the fuck I want
>>
File: 514255899_12279948dd_b.jpg (522KB, 703x1024px) Image search: [Google]
514255899_12279948dd_b.jpg
522KB, 703x1024px
>>158797581
>how ugly
Pic related is Luffy in real life
>>
File: nohomo.jpg (23KB, 507x480px) Image search: [Google]
nohomo.jpg
23KB, 507x480px
>>158797800
N-n-no homo
>>
File: 20161231_095332.png (743KB, 1440x1412px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_095332.png
743KB, 1440x1412px
>>158798001
Nah
>>
>>158797326
>>158797444
Fuck I'm conflicted! I think about my boys Doffy Fujitora and Kyros, gear 4 and the grand fleet and I want to give it that 8! But then I think about all the fluff and what a poorly written character Rebecca was sand I just don't know if I can
>>
>>158797800
Just because he has "Monkey" as a family name, doesn't make him actually Huezilian.
Does Oda browse /int/? Serious question. Will we get a Polandball reference in One Piece?
>>
>>158798050
>monkey
Nah, Oda confirmed he would be Brazilian because of how he looks.
That's why
>>
File: so handsome.png (35KB, 196x283px) Image search: [Google]
so handsome.png
35KB, 196x283px
>>158798001
>>
>>158784887
I think Impel Down is the second best arc. Third is Skypeia and 4th Whole Cake (so far).
>>
>>158798078
Luffy's village was literally neighbouring a Favela.
Oda an /int/ernationalist confirmed
>>
>>158798099
Sorry but Nami wouldn't go out with a shitskin that doesn't shower every day
>>
>>158785517
If you delete Rebecca and the Tontattas it's could have been the best arc of the series.
>>
>>158798175
She likes the musk and the smell of dick cheese bro.
>>
>>158796722
It is because he hasnt even had a proper flashback so far

C'mon nigga, you think it is just a coincident that one of the government old fuck is a samurai guy?
>>
File: cow4lRw.png (539KB, 794x684px) Image search: [Google]
cow4lRw.png
539KB, 794x684px
>>158798175
>>158798208
Leave her be.
She is confused as it is, already.
Don't make it worse for her
>>
>>158798050
Que?

Oda himself confirmed it

Luffy = HUEUHEHUEHUEHUEHU
Zora = Weeaboo land
Nami = Sweden
Sanji = France
Chopper = Canada
Robin = MOTHER LAND RUSSIA CYKBLAT
Brook = Austratlia
Franky = Murica
>>
File: Place your bets.png (445KB, 720x659px) Image search: [Google]
Place your bets.png
445KB, 720x659px
*Ding* *Ding*
Place your bets boys
Hate to say it but my boy the drought might lose this one
>>
File: 20170116_124805.png (2MB, 1017x1431px) Image search: [Google]
20170116_124805.png
2MB, 1017x1431px
>>158798400
We just need ivankov to turn them to pic related
>>
>>158798570
If its not clear its a 3 way battle, if it was the top 2 vs Jack that would be utter destruction
>>
>>158798527
>Robin = MOTHER LAND RUSSIA CYKBLAT
What's her MMR?

>Brook = Austratlia
Do Japs have different stereotypes of Bogans? This one seems like the odd one out.

And which country is Usopp from?
>>
File: Q8udZ7J.png (657KB, 1080x640px) Image search: [Google]
Q8udZ7J.png
657KB, 1080x640px
>>158798572
Not necessary. Sanji-chan already identifies as female.
>>
>>158798720
I'm pretty sure it was Austria and not Australia.
Oda also just put "Africa" for Usopp
>>
File: 1463160457922.png (1MB, 822x595px) Image search: [Google]
1463160457922.png
1MB, 822x595px
>>158798720
USOPP IS A KANG
>>
File: candy boy.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
candy boy.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
Nami-san...
>>
>>158798720
Africa, you know, the country of Africa! C'mon Oda
>>
>>158798527
Where would Carroto, Jimbei, Pedro, Ace, Buggy and Sabo be from?
>>
>>158798795
>Usopp single-handedly build the pyramids
Yeah, sounds like something Usopp would say.
There is no fucking doubt. Oda is a channer.
>>
File: 1496843126548.jpg (177KB, 1280x622px) Image search: [Google]
1496843126548.jpg
177KB, 1280x622px
>>158798838
Nami-san is taken
>>
File: Nami.(Male).240.801456.jpg (19KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
Nami.(Male).240.801456.jpg
19KB, 200x240px
>>158798838
Yes Sanji-kun?
>>
Gay people are faggots
>>
File: naca.png (105KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
naca.png
105KB, 500x500px
>>158798878
What a slut.
>>
>>158783868
WCI had a disappointing start imo with the pacing being all over the place. Oda spent way too much time in trivialities and then suddenly stepped up the pace a lot once Tea Party came near.
>>
>>158798857
Carotto- American South, that's the voice I gave her
Jinbe- Japan
Pedro- Spain maybe
Ace- Brazil
Buggy- Heaven because he is the lord and savior
Sabo- United Kingdom
>>
>>158784147
this is the real best arc because oda didn't recycle this arc
>>
File: 149247653214568.png (273KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
149247653214568.png
273KB, 500x429px
>>158798966
Poor Sanji
>>
>>158799055
For real though, Buggy would probably be a Roman gypsy because that's where bread and circuses came from. Also blood sports.
>>
>>158799113
Sanji has all he needs
That All Blue he's going on about? Think about how popular that spot would be for Mermaids and other fishy ladies. Sanji's EOS endgame is drowning in fishpussy.
>>
>>158799136
I like this game, got anymore?
>>
File: SRsecretmeeting.jpg (735KB, 1588x1150px) Image search: [Google]
SRsecretmeeting.jpg
735KB, 1588x1150px
>>158797664
>>158797581
>Sanji being rejected
he fucked Robin. That's canon by Oda.
>>
>>158799222
Nah, Sanji is Nami's fucktoy
>>
>>158799175
Supernovas?
>>
>That look on Pudding's face when she sees Sanji catching Nami
Man I'd sure like to discuss what this means for her character arc without retarded underage shipperfags destroying any chance of having an actual conversation
>>
>>158799298
She's jealous/falling for Sanji. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>158799298
She is a good girl, she saw how happy Sanji is with Nami so she will help them so they can stay happy.
>>158799319
Um, no sweetie. Pudding is a good girl
>>
>>158799298
She's doing that thing where a girl mistakes a guy she likes hanging out with a female friend to be romantic. Standard romance cliche, only serves to show that Pudding actually does like Sanji and maybe set up a comedy scene between them, or some form of dynamic where Pudding thinks Nami is trying to steal "her" man.

Basically, either Pudding and Nami are going to fight, have a running gag, or Sanji is just going to have someone to stand up for him around women. If anything.
>>
File: 1387010691014.jpg (26KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1387010691014.jpg
26KB, 429x410px
>>158785649
>Asspulls with O MY 9 SWORD STYLE and O MY FLAMING LEGS.

Funny enough, I don't think Asura's appeared in the manga proper since Enies Lobby. If anything, that's one of Zoro's trump cards that we know next to nothing about.
>>
>>158783785
They're literally fighting the world government
One piece = redpilled
>>
>>158799408
>>158799298
A love triangle. SaNa is getting development
>>
>>158799275
Law- i see him as a South American, maybe Brazil or Argentina
Kidd- that pissed off red head is Irish
Bonny- American
Apoo- Chinese
Drake- French, idk something about him seems Napoleonanic
Uruge- somewhere in Africa that's not too dark lol
Hawkins- I really don't know maybe someone can say
Capone- HMMMMMMMMMMMMM I just don't know this one is by far the hardest
>>
>>158799443
At least we have an explanation for flaming legs now.
>>
>>158799461
Hawkins would be from somewhere witchy. Wales? Salem, Massachusetts?
>>
>>158799222
when the fuck did that happen?
>>
>>158799471
Flaming legs is just Sanji spinning so fast his leg catches on fire from the friction. It's cartoon logic but its no different from Zoro and other swordsmen launching blades of air at each other.
>>
>>158799461
Alright, 4 emperors and Warlords.
You're pretty good at this. Also Capone, while obviously Italian, would specifically be from Sicily.
>>
>>158799383
>Um, no sweetie
Oh hey, it's you again.
>>
>>158799471
The spicy legs are cool and I don't care how stupid they are.
>>
>>158799526
I mean gene modification. Same as Reiju and co. He'd be "Burning Yellow" Sanji
>>
File: any second now.png (239KB, 399x249px) Image search: [Google]
any second now.png
239KB, 399x249px
>>158799548
That's right sweetie, I never leave the threads. Upset? Not as upset as you will be when SaNa becomes canon.
>>
>>158799603
If you care so much about this, why are you doing things that would drive people away from it? All you're doing is pushing what YOU want to happen, and making the thread about what YOU want. You're a shitty fan.
>>
>>158783785
One piece is redpilled, look at big mama's island and see how she runs it forcing people to get along in a diverse society

Look at the different arcs and they all have a theme of black people/racism (fisherman), slaves, deep state government, corruption of royalty and abuse of 1% controlling you, god (enel), etc.

I bet you the missing era will be because of the government making it that way and altering it (Holocaust)
>>
File: one weeks SaNafags.jpg (21KB, 417x417px) Image search: [Google]
one weeks SaNafags.jpg
21KB, 417x417px
>>158799603
Can't wait to see you get BTFO
>>
>>158787644
>Is Zoro stronger than base luffy in terms of raw strength?

Luffy could throw giant boulders and shatter mountains before the timeskip. Just look at his rampage on Amazon Lily.
>>
>>158789494
I can't enjoy this poster with Luffy blocking the rest
>>
File: OliverBiscuit-GTAVC.jpg (57KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
OliverBiscuit-GTAVC.jpg
57KB, 500x497px
>>158799461
>Urouge
Vice City
>>
Oda has the same problem R. R. Martin has: he liked his own series too much and doesn't want it to end so he keeps introducing unnecesary stuff.

It's about time shit starts to get resolved, Big Mom arc is a good start but we still need to go through Black Beard, the rest of the yonkou, the mandatory visit to Elbaf, the revolutionary army, I'm glad to see we're finally getting close to the One Piece, Oda is already at the top of the entertainment world, let it end it in a high note.
>>
>>158799671
>Pudding redeeming herself = SaNa BTFO
That's not how it works, hun. Of course she will. But that has nothing to do with SaNa. At the end of the arc SaNa will still be alive.
Your only hope is if Pudding joins the crew
>>
>>158798527
>Nami = Sweden
>not a greedy Jewess that she actually is
Also you can't grow Oranges in Sweden, but guess which Mediterran Middle Eastern country can
>>
>>158799538
lol of course Capone is Sicilian that's the most obvious one. Alright here we go

Kaido- I have a theory that he is going to have a Chinese dragon DF so China
Big Mom- this one is hard but something about her hairstyle as a kid and just the way she looked as a kid and even the way a lot of her kids look makes me think German or Austrian.
White Beard- English, Newgate is a town in England if I'm not mistaken
Black Beard- this one is hard as well, he's dark but not African dark more South American dark. I think I might have to go Brazil again idk Luffy Law and BB just strike me as Brazilians maybe people have a better answer
Shanks: I just have no idea
>>
File: IMG_5298.png (886KB, 1068x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5298.png
886KB, 1068x720px
>>158799766
>tfw EoS Sanji and Pudding are running their own Baratie on the All Blue
>Nami becomes a Christmas Cake

I'll laugh at you until we both burn in hell. And then I'll still laugh.
>>
>>158799055
Pedro is a central/south-american gangster.
Jaguars live in the Americas only.
>>
>>158799538
Calabria also has it's fair share of N'Dragenta going on, but for Capone I'd say he's from New York, because it is mentioned that there are 5 families ruling the West Blue, just like The Commission does in New York.
>>
>>158799898
Yeah, "Christmas Cake"
>>
>>158799953
Aren't there 5 Italian mob families?
According to my grandpa, I'm related to one of them.
>>
>>158799748
LOL!!!!!!
>>158799538
Sorry man I'm tired but this was really fun, maybe another day I'll do the Warlords, all I can say for 100% is Mihawk is from Spain, no doubt in my mind
>>
>>158799989
Nami would never get married unless she was gold digging.
>>
>>158799748
LOL!!!
>>
>>158799898
What will you do if Pudding doesn't join the crew and I win? Can you answer that honestly? Without answering with another question or with "that will never happen hurr"
>>
>>158800006
It's fine
Also
>Dracula Mihawk
>not from Transylvania
>>
>>158799922
Yeah that's better than mine you're right
>>
>>158800039
I'll wait it out until the end of the series, hope you get crushed by a truck so shipping shit ends, and then either eat crow or dance on your grave.
>>
File: Angrily spin furiously for hours.gif (585KB, 915x1144px) Image search: [Google]
Angrily spin furiously for hours.gif
585KB, 915x1144px
>>158799538
Not him

Whitebeard: English
Big mom: German
Kaido:Japanese
Shanks: English?, seems white
Hancock: Japanese
Mihawk: Romanian
Crocodile: Italian? I honestly don't know
Doflamingo: Spanish
Kuma : Russian
Moria : can't tell
>>
>>158800068
I don't know Mihawk always gave me a kind of Antonio Banderez Zoro (the other Zoro) kind of vibe
>>
>>158800028
>never get married
this is true

>unless she was gold digging
You strike a point there.
Being the Jewess that she is, she would overcome her limited tastes and do this, even if she was the richest person in the world.
>>
File: S O O N.png (177KB, 301x301px) Image search: [Google]
S O O N.png
177KB, 301x301px
>>158800039
>>158800121
But let's be for real, that wont happen and you wont win. SaNa will be canon and will be even more canon when Oda fixes the mistakes he made in our SaNami panel this chapter. Pic related.
>>
>>158800068
>Transylvania
Moldavia, anon.
Dracul and his slightly more famous >implying son ruled Moldavia.
>>
File: 1339726546370.jpg (20KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1339726546370.jpg
20KB, 429x410px
>>158798527
>Franky = Murica

Is that why Franky's english VA is the best version?
>>
>>158800188
I don't think that exists anymore.
>>
Does anyone over 18 even like Luffy? Maybe only manchilds
>>
>>158797326
I think too many people watched Foxy arc only in the anime where they put a bunch of fillers, in the manga I found it fun as hell and Foxy is actually kinda strong.
>>
File: 14978465312134568.png (2MB, 1152x1920px) Image search: [Google]
14978465312134568.png
2MB, 1152x1920px
>>158800147
SaNa will never be canon
>>
>>158800218
Last time I checked the map, it did.
>>
>>158800147
I could say the same thing about Sanji and Nani and we'd both be equally right at this point in time.

HOWEVER, consider that Nami has had a lot more time with Sanji and has never shown true, 100% genuine interest in him. Meanwhile, Pudding put banana cream in her pants when Sanji complimented her. That's my thoughts. No, iI don't care to hear yours. It will just be the damn picture again. Or the poll. Or a cover that says nothing.
>>
>>158800236
>>/r9k/
>>
>>158800205
Oda obviously knows that the WG is America but cant piss off his western audience so he at least makes the ship pervert an American.
>>
>>158798527
Brook was Austria, Schwarzenegger not shrimp and niggers
>>
>>158800255
Let it out. Do you feel better now?
>>158800296
Your opinion is wrong. I don't mind hearing it. But I'm just telling you it is wrong and it will be proven wrong. Hopefully you change your views and join this side when Oda proves you wrong
>>
File: IMG_20170621_144643.jpg (217KB, 2048x1490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170621_144643.jpg
217KB, 2048x1490px
Thoughts?
>>
>>158800236
Anything below 2 meters is objectively manlet tier.
But whatever. Can you please refrain from posting on /a/ if you're not going to put in an effort
>>
>>158800485
Too tall.
>>
>>158800381
Once again, I could say the same about your ship and it would be equally true. But don't you think we should be talking about something that will actually happen in the manga sometime soon? This isn't a sienen novel.
>>
>>158799222
trips confirm the canon fucking
>>
>>158800236
I honestly can't make sense of Ruffy.
On one hand he's a reckless moron (standard Shounen protagonist stuff), on the other hand he seems to understand psychology so well, he could give Hugo Strange and Hannibal Lecter a hard time.
Is he faking it? What is Luffy in the dark when no one is watching? Or will Oda do a cheap cop out in form of "it's all just instinct, lul"
>>
File: 14978461231234568.png (691KB, 768x789px) Image search: [Google]
14978461231234568.png
691KB, 768x789px
>>158800528
Cute
>>
>>158800596
>he seems to understand psychology so well
What are you smoking?
>>
>>158800542
On some level you really have to respect the SaNa shitposter. She comes here every single day and every single day she gets BTFO but comes back saying the exact same shit the next day. I bet she'd have haki in the OP universe.
>>
File: 1496928410918.jpg (126KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496928410918.jpg
126KB, 1500x1200px
>>158800598
Nice, I've never seen this one before. Saved
>>
>>158800596
He's just a guy who innately understands that life is pointless so he rid himself of pointless things such as worry and planning. He lives life fully according to his instincts which is why he comes off as supremely retarded but his IQ is probably normalish. Given his creativity with his DF which requires an innate understanding of the OP world physics, I would even venture to say he's smart. Also his understanding of people's emotions and motivations prove thats he's not just some retard off the street. He's smart but careless.
>>
>>158800614
He can tell whether a person is good or not by interacting with them in seconds.
He is also capable of playing mind games (like when he provoked Coby to hit him in front of the Marines)
Also not everyone gets to join his crew. He seems to be fond of weirdos and oddballs.
>>
File: nihilism.jpg (266KB, 2048x1382px) Image search: [Google]
nihilism.jpg
266KB, 2048x1382px
>>158800718
So an actual nihilist?
>>
File: 1428379347130.jpg (12KB, 191x255px) Image search: [Google]
1428379347130.jpg
12KB, 191x255px
>>158794519
>>
So something really big is suppose to happen this chapter yeh?
>>
>>158800813
>He is also capable of playing mind games (like when he provoked Coby to hit him in front of the Marines)
You mean the guy he spend a lot of time with?
>Also not everyone gets to join his crew
has nothing to do with psychology
>He can tell whether a person is good or not by interacting with them in seconds.
I don't think he can, as he's been manipulated all the time, buys into everyone's lies including usopp's, and is of the opinion that 'le bad guys are my friends'
>>
File: 1498465133645.gif (684KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1498465133645.gif
684KB, 1024x768px
>>158800700
It's good to see more people jumping on the SaPu train
>>
>>158800917
I think the latest chapter really spurred things on with the major SaPu moment on page 12.
>>
>>158794519
They actually look more like the fake Straw Hats gang.
>>
We getting chapter tommorrow?
>>
>>158800813
Luffy's instincts about people have failed him before. Remember when he fought Zoro at Whiskey Peak?
>>
File: Sapu.jpg (457KB, 1280x1706px) Image search: [Google]
Sapu.jpg
457KB, 1280x1706px
>>158800917
It's great I'm seeing more new art.
>>
>>158800917
Someone's fucky with that head. She has an extra eye not chromosome.
Also I'm calling yandere over tsundere Pudding. Unless her memory manipulation powers are such a meme they exist only to justify that fucking monologue in front of Sanji.
>>
File: 63465096_p0.png (3MB, 1654x1156px) Image search: [Google]
63465096_p0.png
3MB, 1654x1156px
>>158801064
>>
So, Joyboy will be based on this guy, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyotomi_Hideyori

>father rules country
>before his death he tells the "five elders" to raise his son until he could rule
>instead, the five elders steel the power from the son after the father died, resulting in the gorosei situation
>>
File: sketch-1496287060661.png (236KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1496287060661.png
236KB, 720x1280px
>>158801099
Beautiful~
>>
>>158800851
Pretty much.
>>
File: morgans.png (18KB, 113x136px) Image search: [Google]
morgans.png
18KB, 113x136px
BIG NOISE!
>>
File: IMG_5596.jpg (140KB, 664x958px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5596.jpg
140KB, 664x958px
You're forgetting me, aren't you?
>>
File: 1496998436044.jpg (216KB, 730x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1496998436044.jpg
216KB, 730x1199px
>>158801186
Never
>>
File: 1498476532.png (52KB, 540x379px) Image search: [Google]
1498476532.png
52KB, 540x379px
>>158801142
Have a cuter kid
>>
File: ch_90.jpg (367KB, 695x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ch_90.jpg
367KB, 695x1080px
>>
File: IMG_5589.jpg (55KB, 350x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5589.jpg
55KB, 350x537px
>>158801227
Good.
>>
>>158783801
I lost interest because ITS NOT GREAT especially compared to its former self. The worst part is how oda feels the need to give every single character screentime then introduces so many characters that theres just too much irrelevant shit.
>>
>>158788904
>>
File: da7.gif (753KB, 274x266px) Image search: [Google]
da7.gif
753KB, 274x266px
>>158788904
Furfags aside, can anyone actually explain why?
Her entire shtick is wanderlust, seems kinda odd that she would join up at the ass end of the Grand Line to fight Yonko for One Piece.

I'm calling up to Wano, then sailing down the Grand Line to meet up for the Mariejois liberation arc.
>>
>>158785750
>Sure, but that´s pretty bad writing in my book and doesn´t require a timeskip. It´s pretty much like this:
>>Guy isn´t strong enough to beat character x
>>Okay let´s make him train for 2 years
>>Beats character x one arc later

How would you approach it then?
>guy doesn't train gets b.s. fairy tail friendship hax
Or
>guy doesn't train gets absolutely fucked and dies
>end of series, life is cruel
>>
>one piece will be on break this week

Fuck seeing an active thread made me forget this shit
>>
File: nah.jpg (15KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
nah.jpg
15KB, 245x245px
>>158801513
Let the furfags have their moment of delusion anon. She won't join the crew as she is the most bland and boring SH companion we've ever had
>>
>>158784563
I do, at the very least is on my top 3
>>
File: luffysempai.jpg (297KB, 1362x716px) Image search: [Google]
luffysempai.jpg
297KB, 1362x716px
Conquerors haki strong at work like always.
>>
NEW CHAPTER IS OUT
http://readms.net/r/one_piece/869/4345/1
>>
>>158799758
Maybe he just wants to put off the evil day.
Considering how DB got DBZ and Naruto got Boruto (i thought it was a joke at first), One Piece will surely get it's unwanted sequel, with Oda or not.
>>
>>158802175
I would be fine with a Garp Prequel focused on him just kicking ass.
>>
File: not today bait.png (327KB, 650x456px) Image search: [Google]
not today bait.png
327KB, 650x456px
>>158802143
>869
>>
File: 5647457464343.png (250KB, 458x470px) Image search: [Google]
5647457464343.png
250KB, 458x470px
>>158802135
LuNa is cute, but I can't see it ever happening
>>
>>158801329
Sounds to me like you want One Piece to be the same as always. Why not read your run-of-the-mill shonen then instead of one piece? one piece is a comedy.
>>
>>158802601
Their ship will happen when Nami ultimately ends up raping him and Luffy unlocks his animalistic urge to fuck
>>
File: aug26.jpg (1MB, 1420x2048px) Image search: [Google]
aug26.jpg
1MB, 1420x2048px
On August 26th, a new One Piece special episode will talk about Luffy's joining of four pirates before entering the Grand Line, Zoro-Nami-Usopp-Sanji with high-level production. The One Piece episode will be called "East Blue Arc" and will be two hours long.
>>
>>158802808
>with high-level production
If it's Toei. That means below average production
>>
>>158789675

It has a quick pay off, is what I meant. Better for the ADHD crowd.
>>
>>158802601

Proabably not. Still, I kind of believed in it back when Luffy used to leave his hat with her.
>>
KOS order for all SaNa, SaPu, and LuNa shitposters. Do not attempt to negotiate or reason with them. Cut off the heads to secure kill. Over.
>>
>>158789288
>Thanks for explaining one of the many, many reasons that make Dressrosa a shit arc.
Some other reasons:

>Doflamingo suddenly being a brawler character rather than the manipulative behind-the-scenes guy he was set up to be
>so many new characters that it all drags out too much, the worst offender being Rebecca whom Oda desperately wants us to care about
>Oda had to invent one of the most bullshit fruit imaginable to keep the plot together in the form of Pudding
>some other really weird plot devices like the bird cage being unbreakable

Though it also gave us a lot of good stuff like
>Fujitora
>Bartolomeo
>Law's flashback (and more of Law in general)
>Gear Fourth
>the God Usopp moment
>>
>>158803446
>Oda had to invent one of the most bullshit fruit imaginable to keep the plot together in the form of Pudding
Oops, wrong memory-altering plot device character. I meant Sugar.
>>
>>158800147
this edit looks so retarded
>>
>>158803476
Would look a lot better if Nami had turned her head towards him but >>158802135 this makes sense imo.
>>
>>158788457
>that dick sucking height

RUH ROHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>158788457
HES GETTING REDEEMED BRO
>>
File: 1443687563569.jpg (39KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1443687563569.jpg
39KB, 512x384px
>>158788904
>>
File: Chapter_652_Colored.png (1MB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Chapter_652_Colored.png
1MB, 760x1200px
>>158804006
Do you really want these chompers near your dick?
>>
>>158785636
it as if the manga had filler but it was still fucking hype filled couple of chapters
>>
>>158783855
Why fight? Everything was one grand amazing arc until thriller bark happened.
>>
>>158804330
>that thing on the right
Damn. Oda really is king at foreshadowing isn't he?
>>
>>158789503
>>158789544
I enjoy parties too but I still consider myself autistic. Thats cause like Zoro, I'm off in the side drinking with one or two people and avoiding the heart of it all. Zoro is definitely autistic imo. His reactions to Tashigi just prove it even further.
>>
>>158804453
>Carrotfags think every bunny means foreshadowing for her joining

Its gonna be funny watching the butthurt when she ends up being a literal who to the story.
>>
>>158804499
People playing the straightman have to be autistic irl
>>
>>158804527
Stop pretending. That fact that we both browse /a/ proves that you and I are both autistic.
>>
>>158804667
>I am so are you
>>
File: (you).jpg (69KB, 720x556px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
69KB, 720x556px
>>158804678
>Furfag
>Not autistic

Pick one.
>>
>>158802808
>high-production
Wow, a movie that looks like a decent seasonal anime, sure is great !
>>
>>158804703
I wouldn't wear a shirt in this heath.
>>
>>158804704
Hey now. Miyazaki is the reason anime is even a thing in the west. Don't you remember his great works such as...
>>
reminder that zorros old master killed his own daughter
>>
>>158804474
He's got plenty of moments that aren't full autie. Besides, imagine seeing someone who looks like the person you base your entire life off of, you'd be autistic about it too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTDq8eKu2BI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH1qLEhHSXk&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZcFyitYBQ
He's stoic, not an autie
>>
>>158804958
Not many people are full autie. I consider myself a stoic as well and like Zoro have a few moments where I am sociable and fun. However doesn't change the fact that I'm reserved and would prefer not dealing with lots of people. The original poster said that Luffy is autistic while Zoro is not, but there is a greater case for the opposite being true because Luffy is outgoing while Zoro is reserved.
>>
>>158805064
Youre misunderstanding autistic as it is meant on the chans and how it's meant everywhere else. Retarded or mentally slow is more accurate
>>
>>158805110
I dont think so, autistic in chans is usually referring to someone being a weird and socially ackward fuck. People generally call retards retards on this site.
>>
>>158805159
Not really, how long have you been here?
>>
>>158805171
Browsed on and off for about 3-4 years. Usually on /fit/ but started coming to /a/ recently.
>>
>>158805234
I've been around for about 10 now on various boards, and it can be used to mean anything atypical
>>
>>158783785
FI is about not passing on prejudices to the next generation. Anyone with a brain knows that sweeping generalizations for entire groups of individuals are never a good idea, because eventually wackos like Hody Jones appear who hate all humans for no reason.
Thread posts: 509
Thread images: 118

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.