[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in terest/2017-06-20/kem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170525_144045.jpg (27KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170525_144045.jpg
27KB, 512x512px
>http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-06-20/kemono-friends-producer-asks-fans-not-to-watch-anime-illegally/.117748

Why do you still watch illegal fansubs in 2017, anon?
>>
Because I'm not a fan.
>>
>>158761152
this
>>
I don't know how to say this anon, but it looks like it is more of a problem with illegal streaming sites. this is a good time for all streamfags to leave
>>
I wish there is legal streaming site for old animes.
>>
>>158761114
>Why do you still watch illegal fansubs in 2017, anon?
Fuck off NSA I'm not telling you anything.
>>
>>158761114
Also: he's clearly talking about watching on a network versus online which is a purely Japanese issue. We can't watch it for free on t.v so 'it's fine if you can't afford it' means something else to us.
Japan loathes the western market anyway both because their western distributes jew them and because of classic nip zenophobia.
This entire tweet is irrelevant and no one with a brain would buy crunchy.
>>
Maybe anime companies shouldn't take advantage of obsessed otaku by fleecing them with BD prices.

Maybe legal streaming sites should offer an equivalent or superior product to Horriblesubs.
>>
>>158761598
>Maybe legal streaming sites should offer an equivalent or superior product to Horriblesubs.
That's the problem. Once I moved out of my parents basement I realized Crunchyroll wasn't actually Satan and that it was just convenient to have shows I like streamed to my TV instantly than to worry about torrents. It's not too expensive either.

Problem is content, weird ass shows you'd think would be in there just aren't and if it's not there the only other legal way to watch anime is through downloads or by spending $30 on two episodes on blu ray months later.
>>
Because anime hasn't pander to me yet. I'll give them my dosh when they do.
>>
>>158761670
>you don't actually possess a permanent copy of it with CR
That's not an equivalent or superior product. It's not as if CR allowing actual downloads would effectively make piracy any easier for people, as HS doesn't seem to be having any problem distributing CR's content as things are now. There's zero drawback for CR if they offer downloads and by not offering downloads they're only encouraging piracy.
>>
>>158761114
Why do you still use a trip?
Why do you still read ANN's stories with sensationalistic and misinterpreted titles?
>>
>>158761114
>>
>>158761324
This. all streamfags fuck off or torrent.
>>
>>158761794
>you don't actually possess a permanent copy of it with CR
>you don't actually own your games on TV
>you don't actually own your money, the banks do
>you don't actually own your music

I hate this meme. If you want to have theoretical debates over the meaning of property then go ahead but I can still come home and watch these shows whenever I want and if that isn't the case years from now then I probably won't care because I probably already got 99% of the value those things had by then.

Why is being able to say something is definitely physically yours so important?
>>
>>158761925
Torrenting is blocked here desu.
>>
>>158761114

Japan didn't create a strong western market for anime like the video game market did. Yes, some shows do get released here. But it is such a low amount, less than 10% of what comes out in Japan. For all those shows that don't get officially licensed and released in the west, watching a fansub is the only option. They also don't air on TV like they do in Japan. So western fans are expected to blindly buy a BD of a show without even seeing part of it first.

Now, for those few shows that officially do get licensed and released to the west, I'm all for buying them. Trouble is, the majority of the money is going to a middle man licensing group and/or a publishing company like Universal/Disney. You can never tell how much of the money is actually going back to the studio that made the show. I don't know about other people, but this makes me leery of buying licensed shows. I don't want to feed a company like Universal, which is already way too full of money and has done things to hurt animation in the west. That's like giving money to African aid and being surprised when 90% of it winds up in a dictators hands and not the people you intended.

tl;dr I'll buy anime when Japanese companies and studios start to directly sell them. Thankfully, some Japanese studios are waking up to this and putting English subtitles on their Japanese releases.
>>
>>158761688
>dosh
What year is it
>>
>>158761926
Just one practical example: with a HS download I can extract a section of the video with VirtualDub, encode it to .webm and post it here. I can't do that with CR.
With a music download, if I don't like the tonal balance I can permanently EQ it in an audio editor. If the track is mastered too quietly for my liking I can permanently boost its volume in an audio editor. I can't do those things with streams.
I can watch HS downloads when my internet is down. I can listen to music downloads when my internet is down. Momentary connection lapses won't cause HS downloads to momentarily freeze.
HS provides a superior product to CR.
>>
>>158761926
So your entire logic hings on you not caring if it disappears if it's no longer available on a centralized streaming site? How dumb.
>>
>>158762141
You need to remember individuals who stream are technologically illiterate.

>I like streamed to my TV instantly than to worry about torrents
Anyone with half a brain can have torrents completely automated.
>>
>>158761926
This post is very stupid.

I was going to reply in more detail by dissecting point for point why, but realized it's not worth the effort so I just want you to read your own post again and then feel stupid about making it.
>>
>>158761114
There are hardly any "fansubs" left and they're generally for things otherwise unavailable legitimately - most of the time, watching these is entirely justifiable because they're servicing an audience that legal releases aren't, for whatever reason.

Horriblesubs and their kind aren't fansubs and if you watch them you're a thief and also a faggot. That goes thousand times more if you watch anime on trashheap pirate streaming sites because you're watching lower quality copies of illegitimate rips while putting money in the pockets of shit people.
>>
>>158762020
Get a VPN.
>>
>>158761114
>where 80% of the pirates in Nyaa are japanese
>has the nerve to say that crap
lmao
>>
>>158762020
#NIBL
>>
>>158762365
What does being Japanese have to do with anything? Also,He doesn't care if you watch it for free.

He's saying don't watch them on shitty streaming sites that make money off the series.
>>
File: 1343061044471.jpg (51KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1343061044471.jpg
51KB, 300x300px
>>158761114
>producer
Yeah, who cares. His work is to sell things.
>>
>>158761114

Step 1: Put more anime on netflix and tv channels so I can see the show before buying it.
Step 2: Release the shows in my country for a reasonable price.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: PROFIT
>>
>>158761114
Holy shit Jebus, it feels like I haven't saw you in 5 years.
>>
>>158764193
He's now posting epic ironic weeb memes and posting how cool it is to have waifus on facebook now
>>158761896
>>
>>158762304
Jebus is a fat faggot who likes shitty normalfag cartoons.
>>
>>158761114
because there are not free legal fansubs
>yifmono furz sez
yaff
>>
>>158762306
>>158762439
Thank you for finally explaining why streaming is actually bad.
>>
>>158761114
Giving money to the middleman is worse than watching it """illegally"""
>>
>>158761114
fk friends and fk animals
>>
>>158761114
>make one of the laziest animations, with the laziest designs of this season with the laziest tool available
>"plzaruu no pirateruu"

Kek, at least Berserk has to design models with some detail in them.
>>
>>158761114
I hate this meme anime even more. Success is really getting to their heads.
>>
>>158765290
One of his shitty shows is selling and dude is already getting cocky. If the show he's working on keep on selling, he'll be the next Miyazaki.
>>
>>158765261
The guy is saying don't watch it on sketchy streaming sites. If you do that you're a fucking retard and paying the shittiest kind of middleman.

If you inside on being an edgy teenager or are somehow too broke to pay the pocket change for a sub to a proper site just torrent what you watch for fucks sake. They barely give a shit about that anymore because torrent numbers are all but irrelevant these days and nobody is making money off it
>>
File: for free.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
for free.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
I'll buy the manga
>>
>put even less effort into a show than berserk
>no steal please
yeah okay, fuck off
>>
>>158761114

I'm not a jap and im not using crunchydick streams, so I don't care. Sell blu rays for reasonable prices and I'll buy
>>
>>158767433
Buy the key chains and torrent faglord
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.