[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hating your child for being an underachiever >making children

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 19

>hating your child for being an underachiever
>making children go through entrance tests for ELEMENTARY school in the first place

What the fuck is wrong with Japan?
>>
They're still a superstitious country that is incapable of fully grasping the concept of causality.
>>
>not testing your kids at an early age
>not wanting kids to be educated based on their potential

Why the fuck do you hate achievement?
>>
>>158749614
Here in American private schools have entrance tests as well.
It's normal for parents to push their kids too hard outside of Japan as well.

Why are these threads always so retarded?
>>
>>158749818
Because op is obvioulsy a failure

thread is made by a retard so the thread will obiously be retarded too
>>
>underachiever
SHAMEFUR DISPRAY
>>
>>158749614
Gotta keep the rat race going.
>>
>not realizing getting your child into the right preschool is the first step in getting them into the right elementary school which takes them to the right high school which takes them to the right university which puts them into a position where they're one of the leaders of nippon

Mama dropped the ball.
>>
>>158750151
Why tho. Do they want to end up like China where everyone is plagiarizers and cheaters? Because that's the only thing this mentality will lead to.
>>
>>158750262
Nah. It's not the only thing. Japan has a problem with hikikomori and school skipping.
>>
>>158750255
Mama was a retard. Get your child abroad and quit the local race.
>>
>>158750309
Well no wonder, if things seem too difficult some people just won't bother
>>
>>158750309
There problem is much much less than places like the US but they hold themselve to a higher standard
>>
>>158750255
I'm sure they have a shot at beating the thousands of others doing the exact same thing.

You don't catch the big fish by throwing your line in the same pond everyone else.
>>
>>158749777
>>158749818
A child hasn't learned anything before entering Elementary school. What's the point of testing someone then? How do you even explain to an 8 year old that they're not good enough?

>>158750309
It's the other way around. Hikkikomoris and delinquency are a result of social pressure being too tight.

I am writing common sense here, why does it seem like people actually would condone this?
>>
File: sana contract stitch.jpg (686KB, 1280x1475px) Image search: [Google]
sana contract stitch.jpg
686KB, 1280x1475px
>>158749614
This is how you get witches, Japan. Do you want witches?
>>
>>158750486
>A child hasn't learned anything before entering Elementary school
This might blow your mind, but did you know it's possible for parents to teach their children things? Not only that, but preschool and transfering schools between grades is also a thing. Totally insane concept, I know.
>>
>>158750495
>Do you want witches?

Yes.
>>
>>158749777
America doesn't do that and is the strongest in the world.
>>
>>158750580
>but did you know it's possible for parents to teach their children things?
Not when the parents work a gorrilion hours a day and just want to rest
>>
>>158750434
Yes you do. You don't just roll up to the interview on a motorcycle and get hired as CEO on the spot for being unconventional, there's processes in place especially in Japan.
>>
File: scream externally.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
scream externally.gif
929KB, 264x320px
>>158750580
Japan of all places doesn't hope to school children at home. Transferring schools is another matter altogether, don't move goalposts.

How do you grade the academics of a child that hasn't even been properly given academic knowledge yet? How do you tell a generation of children that they're not good enough? How do you make someone that hasn't even been taught to read properly how to study?

Has this board gone mad?

>>158750680
My mother taught me letters and numbers before first grade, but even then it was hardly a head-start compared to children I studied with.
>>
>>158750808
I don't know what exact is being tested, but you can definitely test for problem solving. That's a thing even children do.
>>
>>158749614
I'm not sure what the issue is here. Certain schools will sell to prospective parents that their school is the school which will get them into the most reputable of high schools which will then elevate them into the best university so that their kid can succeed against the hundred of other kids who are also incredibly fucking talented.

It's ultimately just how the schools sell themselves to parents who either want their children to be the best student they can be or parents who just want the ability to snob others because their kid is better than yours in the most humble way possible.

It doesn't hurt the school make money of this reputation they've built up and it makes sense for them to promote exclusivity of the best to make the people who get in waste more money than the average family.
>>
>>158750753
>wage slaving instead of innovating

Evan Spiegel didn't make $4b by his mid-20s by slaving away at some company where they culturally only promote people with a 20 year tenure.
>>
>>158750984
I'm sure (((Spiegel's))) Innovations were the only reason he made those billions, surely it couldn't have been because he was well connected.
>>
>>158750808
I'm not talking about home schooling. I'm talking about gradually interacting with the kid on a daily basis causing them to gradually learn shit. Just like what happens in this anime with Sana.
Have you ever heard of an IQ test? While general knowledge is required for private school tests, they can also measure a kids general problem solving ability with tests.
How old do you think children in Elementary school are? Of course they know how to read.

I don't know what kind of shit hole you grew up in, but in the first world children are taught all kinds of basic stuff before going to school.
>>
>>158751159
You learn letters and sounds in pre-school, proper writting and reading only comes when you've gotten into elementary school. That's for now, but think for a moment that this is Japan. A 7 year old Japanese child probably only knows the Hira/Kata and a handful of Kanji at best.

I understand problem solving, but how would you apply such a test? Certainly not on paper.
>>
>>158750984
Anyone who made a billion dollars had to go through connected channels. It's just a matter of THAT large a source of income only being possible through going through conventional methods.Evan Spiegel had to wear stuffy suits and talk to rich old people and make conference calls and all sorts of boring shit to get where he's at, same as everyone else. He probably made connections to the industry, like most people, at his Ivy League school. It's no different, the timeline is just quicker.
>>
>>158750255
>which puts them into a position where they're one of the leaders of nippon
Why though? Not everyone is that smart, and that's not really a problem. If someone can make a living and be happy doing what they want then that should be enough. Children shouldn't be shamed because they aren't on the track to becoming millionaires, since realistically only a very small fraction of extremely self motivated people will do that anyway.

Enjoy what you do. If not, just stop; don't stay there and rot.
>>
These fucking parents who see their children as an extention of themselves and/or as trophies to show off should be sent off to reeducation camps.
>>
>>158751304
>>I understand problem solving, but how would you apply such a test? Certainly not on paper.
>which of the given rectangles goes into the corner of this figure made of 16 (or 9) rectangles (AKA IQ test)
>>
Public elementary school here also use entrance test. For private elementary school, it depends on your school. If you were on their private kindergarten, then you could apply to their elementary school without test. This also applies for junior high school and senior high school too in private school.
>>
>>158751526
It sounds dumb when you put it like that. The issue is that this mentality is treating life like a game. Being a CEO isn't a "winning" position because society could not function if that's what everybody was aiming for.
>>
>>158751526
Finally someone with common sense. Unfortunately, it's not that easy because of >>158750961 . Every parent wants their children to succeed, so they will give them the best schooling they can afford. What doesn't make sense is that you'd start to despise your children for not being underachievers, even before they had the chance to actually learn anything.

Trying to seriously rank children that can barely read or write is seriously fucked up.

>>158751623
Reproduction should be a privilege, not a right.

>>158751690
What happens if you fail? You're not good enough to receive education then?
>>
File: randoseru.jpg (275KB, 1180x664px) Image search: [Google]
randoseru.jpg
275KB, 1180x664px
>schools also require that you buy your child a fucking expensive $400 backpack

What are they fucking thinking?
>>
File: kanna studying.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kanna studying.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
School system that doesn't let children be children and forces too high expectations and unreasonable effort to ''succeed'' in is bad. Especially if it that young age becomes a matter using money to gain advantage, which is something the children have absolutely zero control over.

Nothing wrong with high requirements for entering good high schools and universities, at that age you can require them to go through grueling entrance exams and requirements since they can fully comprehend their situation and plan for it.
>>
Man, I see in today's society the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
>>
>>158749614
ITT: americans defend japan with all their might
>>
>>158751769
Most unlikely fail though. Since in kindergarten, you're taught basic writing, reading, and calculating by the teacher. And so before entering elementary school, you're hoped to know those three basic.
Assuming you're fail, then you would enter shitty private elementary school instead.
>>
File: anime_girl_vomiting.jpg (85KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_vomiting.jpg
85KB, 680x680px
>>158750605
>American education.
>>
>>158751729
Being a CEO is a sign of 'winning' at ass-kissing the right people.
>>
>>158751769
>Reproduction should be a privilege, not a right.
Nah, fuck off.
>>
>>158752239
America has the world's best and worst education. Really makes you think.
>>
>>158751912
That's a thing in all places in the world. School materials are expensive as fuck for no reason, and kids always want stuff from mascot characters that makes it even MORE expensive. That 400 dollars randoseru scene really delivers the true experience, but don't forget that school also force you to buy uniforms from specific places, that will charge you ridiculously high for what is otherwise just ordinary clothes.

>>158751941
Too late to explore the Sea, too early to explore Space. Middle children of history really does describe our age very well.

>>158752110
I don't remember much from my pre-school, except that we recited the Alphabet every day for obvious reasons. I knew all letters and what sounds they made. I don't recall if we learned syllables at that point, but I am pretty sure I only learned to read and write properly in First Grade.

Granted I am in the 3rd world, but I did go to a private pre-school and Elementary at this time, so it shouldn't have been different from first world education by much.

>>158752239
I often read some disturbing data regarding American education. Recently people were parroting a study about how 7% of all Americans believed Chocolate Milk came from brown cows, and 45% of all Americans were not certain where it came from. Supposedly the majority of Americans cannot point out where the USA is in the world map either. I bet you'd get similar results in any 3rd world country.
>>
>>158752398
>Recently people were parroting a study about how 7% of all Americans believed Chocolate Milk came from brown cows
More like 7% of all Americans thought it would be funny to answer "yes" when asked "does chocolate milk come from brown cows?"
>>
>>158749614
I don't see the point of them being a "high achiever" at early age when they're just going to be part of the bee hivemind (collectivism).

They're not going to be independent, think out side of the box so why bother?
>>
>>158749614
Japan values conformity and memorization over creativity. They're entire society is predicated upon you knowing exactly where your place in the world is.
>>
>>158752478
>'merely pretending' your whole life
>>
>>158751912
quality primary school bagpacks (which are plastic) are like atleast 150€ where I live.
I can imagine that leather backpacks on an isolated island with high cost of living can cost double that price.
>>
>>158752535
>not answering stupid shit on surveys just to fuck with the statistics

Confirmed for boring 93%
>>
File: 1481594788635.png (34KB, 233x230px) Image search: [Google]
1481594788635.png
34KB, 233x230px
>>158752478
7% of Americans are confirmed trolls. Gotta be careful.
>>
>>158749614
>making children go through entrance tests for ELEMENTARY school in the first place
Yes?
>>
>>158752379
I speak the truth, though. People shouldn't be allowed to shit out children unsupervised. People that can't afford to sustain children, couples with a high probably of deformed children, and people with mental issues ought not to reproduce.

>>158752478
Not taking a serious test seriously is only further proof of how stupid they can be. You can tell someone where chocolate milk comes from and they'll be a little less stupid, but telling someone to stop being a douche will likely not result in anything.

>>158752521
It's funny how such a society actually manages to produce quite a large number of innovating minds. I guess it's a result of people desperately trying to escape their environment.
>>
>>158752398
I live in 3rd world country too, but our curriculum is based on Japs for retarded reason. I realized it when I was at high school though.
>>
>>158752384
Americans don't really give a shit about each other. We say we do, but the moment someone loses a personal stake in the outcome the vast majority become indifferent our outright hostile. Go take a look at education funding in black and white districts compared to integrated districts.

I'm not even memeing, it's absolutely ridiculous. America is the way it is because people want it that way, they just don't want to admit it (usually). That said, funding is only one of (albeit a huge one) several factors regarding educational disparity.
>>
>>158752623
>taking a test that asks you about chocolate milk seriously
>>
>>158752636
What a shitty life that must have been. Did they make you clean the toilets and dictate what you could and couldn't do on your free time, too?

The most retarded thing in my opinion is when they have rules saying that you cannot work part-time without permission from school. I honestly hope it's just a fiction thing and the real world isn't so stupid, for once.
>>
>>158752623
>I speak the truth, though.
Nah, you speak like a self-righteous cunt who thinks he knows better for everyone else than they do. Seriously, fuck off with your better-than-you elitist bullshit.
>>
>>158752623
>It's funny how such a society actually manages to produce quite a large number of innovating minds.
Well there's over seven billion people in the world. Exceptions are the norm if only because of the sheer numbers.

That said, people are still people regardless of the society they're in and the smartest mouse will get the cheese. The only issue is whether or not they're encouraged and nurtured.
>>
>>158752678
How sad. What happened to the Christian values you profess in the pledge of allegiance each morning at school?
>I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
>>
Being intelligent at an early age means nothing if you can't think stuff for yourself, it just means that you can memorize stuff. I say that having learned to write at 2 and skipping several grades, but even then I had a shitton of trouble when I got to uni (currently on my master's in Math)
>>
>>158752797
It turns out that people are hypocrites. Who knew?
>>
>>158752797
I thought they took out the God part
>>
>>158752753
Not him but give 1 (one) reason why somewhere like india that has the same population as china shouldn't be mass sterilized. They have an absurd number of deformed children because they all bathe in a sacred river that is now entirely made up of waste and corpses.

You should form an actual counterpoint to why people who can't sustain children should have the right to have children because they offer absolutely zero positives to both society and the children themselves.
>>
>>158752735
Some schools have this rule that says you can't stop anywhere on your way home after class, otherwise you might give the school bad reputation if you get involved in some kind of shameful behavior while wearing the uniform. I suppose it's ok if you change clothes though.
>>
>>158752928
>Not him but give 1 (one) reason why somewhere like india that has the same population as china shouldn't be mass sterilized

Give me one reason they should. And no, "I don't approve of it" isn't a reason, and nor are your feelings.
>>
File: 1469051461400.jpg (35KB, 259x264px) Image search: [Google]
1469051461400.jpg
35KB, 259x264px
>>158752915
That was certainly unexpected.
>>
File: 1481997013470.png (534KB, 1156x999px) Image search: [Google]
1481997013470.png
534KB, 1156x999px
>>158752928
India is quite an extreme example. It's literally the worst place in the world, after all.

I am not even saying it should be a strict regulation, just that people ought to be checked before being "okay"d to have children. The actual problem is enforcing this. What do you do if someone becomes illegally pregnant? Can the government force people to unwillingly have an abortion? That certainly sounds like something you wouldn't dream of proposing, not in today's world at least.

>>158752969
Ah yes, the whole "wearing the uniform means you're representative of the school, so if you get in trouble then you've shamed everyone who wear the uniform" mentality. Never change, Japan.

>>158752977
Family planning is a very important part of any government. If people are having more children than they can sustain and suddenly there isn't enough schools for everyone, it's obviously a problem. Of course, this is yet another extreme example.

The central thing is that one should not have children than they cannot sustain themselves. Because people become sexually active earlier compared to previous centuries, and the cost of living for each person has gone up, it's become an obvious problem for society.
>>
>>158752735
>clean the toilets
It's janitor's job, but we need to clean our classroom before and after school.
>dictate what you could and couldn't do on your free time, too?
Example?
>part-time without permission from school
I never hear it before, but well, "student's job is to study so you don't need to work," is a thing in my country, so more likely your parents are angry with you when knowing you have part-time job.
>>
>>158753158
>Family planning is a very important part of any government
No, it literally isn't. Family planning is called family planning for a reason: because it's none of the government's god damn business.

Frankly, I don't trust any government to be able to sensibly restrict breeding rights. What happens when a government decides to start restricting the breeding rights of those who do not share their ideology? What happens when one decides that a certain race is undesirable? Giving any government the power to prevent people from carrying on their genes or wiping out certain peoples from existence is a horror that this world can do without.
>>
>>158753223
>Example?
Compulsory extra curricular clubs and summer homework.
>>
>>158753298
>summer homework
Are there countries where this is not a thing?
Granted, no one really cared about it in my school, but we we still had it.
>>
>>158753354
>Are there countries where this is not a thing?
Are you pretending to be retarded? I hope you are.
>>
>>158753298
>Compulsory extra curricular clubs
Yes, but many peoples are just ghost members.
>summer homework
Not a thing in my country, but well maybe because I live in tropical country.
>>
>>158749704
What does this mean?
That some people are bound to fail no matter what they do.

>>158749777
So if they fail to meet your expectations it's suddendly OK to hate them?
That's how you creat dysfunctional adults.
>>
>>158753223
>Example
The ones mentioned ITT. Not being allowed to stop anywhere on the way home from school.

I suppose you're from somewhere in Asia, correct? Where exactly?

>>158753298
>>158753354
Brazilfag here. I remember doing summer homework at some point in my life, but I don't remember when. It's absolutely not a common thing in here, though. Making kids and teens to attend classes at all is difficult enough, let alone forcing them to do homework or summer hw.

>>158753445
It's no surprise that /a/ would make awful parents. I can see how lots of people in here would be literal Kotoura moms.
>>
>>158752896
Almost the same, but I was actually also able to learn well on my own 'cause I liked learning by reading.

Years of school education bored the fuck out of me. I wished I could just have read a bunch of well-prepared university level books, taken tests and be done with my education at the age of fourteen or something.
>>
>>158750486
the school I went to had an entrance test for kindergarten. you had to be able to identify colors and shapes and shit.
>>
>>158753987
Yeah, there are fancy kindergartends that require entrance exams, see
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_College_Elementary_School

But the vast majority of kindergartens just require that you don't shit on the other kids. There are exceptions everywhere, but they're not the rule.
>>
>>158753579
>Not being allowed to stop anywhere on the way home from school.
When we use school uniform? yes, you'll sometimes be asked by security if you still use school uniform at mall. That's why usually students change their student uniform to casual uniform or at least the clothes before going out.

>I suppose you're from somewhere in Asia, correct? Where exactly?
Yes, Indonesia
>>
>>158750808
>How do you grade the academics of a child that hasn't even been properly given academic knowledge yet?

You don't.
They just do a bunch of simple logic tests for kids.

Simple as in, connect the dots to make a hexagon.
>>
File: 1342049645193.png (512KB, 2475x3136px) Image search: [Google]
1342049645193.png
512KB, 2475x3136px
You turd worlders don't know the meaning of achievement.
>Japan
>Korea
>China
>Taiwan

What do they all have in common? No nonsense drones who are willing to work for the community.
While "individualist" societies just do whatever they please. Manana culture being the worst offender. Have a bunch of lazy fucks together and you get yourself a Banana Republic.
>>
>>158752563
>I is a trolll. Am I kewl yet?

As someone who had to count ballot polls before the age of computers, you fucks deserved to be shot on sight.
>>
>>158754346
Not that these are "bad" at everything.

But this is more noticeable than what the all too individualist west did, because... what exactly?
>>
>>158754526
Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.
>>
>>158754760
Polls are meant for the lowest common denominator. If you're not there to fall in line with the rest, kindly fuck off.
>>
>>158749614
There are elementary school entrance tests in my country. They are just dumbed down iq tests. You get shit like connect the dots,color inside the lines,and circle the mirrored image of an object. I think those tests only exist to keep retards out because there is no way a sentient being could fail unless they're high as fuck.
>>
>>158755024
Some kids develop at different rates. Believe it or not, there are actually late bloomers that grow up to be quite intelligent.
>>
>>158754115
Mudslime
>>
>>158755087
They're called autistic.
>>
>>158755133
R-rude
>>
>>158749614
reminder that they have average iq of 105 and not your mixed shithole, paki
kids with potato brain need to be gassed
>>
>>158749704
>be superstitious and have spiritual lore in your culture that makes life slightly more interesting
>but don't go full retard and live your life around it or try to kill or convert others because of it

Eh, it's not bad. And your second statement needs citation because it sounds like a generalization a retard would say. Anyway, Japs are autists, which is good and bad. They should identify when they're being inefficient with their time, though.
>>
>>158755603
Name one country that doesn't have a collective of time wasters.
>>
File: pout atz.png (447KB, 546x675px) Image search: [Google]
pout atz.png
447KB, 546x675px
>The anime will end without there ever being a S2 a nd the manga will never be translated

WHY
>>
>>158752678
It's a frontier culture, fuck you if you can't keep up.
>>
>>158749614
>An anime plot is indicative of real life
Parents are more likely to let their kid become a hikki like in Eromanga Sensei. Source: I actually live in Tokyo and interact with adults and young adults on a daily basis. Remember to ignore all SEA monkeys pretending that all Asian culture is the same and that there Japan pros.
>>
>>158755643
And they say Asian cultures don't care about their fellow man. Pot calling kettle nigger I see.
>>
>>158755699
They don't
>>
>>158752678
Education disparity is because of ethnic makeup of schools, not because their programs need more money.
>>
>>158752918

They actually added the God part during the Cold War to emphasize that "we ain't godless communists."
>>
>>158756147
Oh duh, I got it backwards
>>
>>158755749
Yes, just as Americans, hence
>Pot calling kettle nigger
>>
>>158756989
your idiom doesn't make much sense if you rephrase it for +edgy points
>>
>>158756989
We don't care about other people but that doesn't mean we're uncaring as a nation. That title goes to China. We won't rebuild your house after it gets burnt down but we'll give you some clothing and help you find a hotel for a few days, that's the extent we'll go as a society. If you can't be self-sufficient then you better hope you have family to help you out.
>>
File: dominate.jpg (99KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
dominate.jpg
99KB, 640x800px
>>158757078
Not even him, just found >>158755749 used in answer to >>158755699 to be outstandingly retarded and couldn't stop myself from laughing at you.
And even if it's edgy and sounds stupid it still does make sense, unless you are sub-50 and can't into thinking.
>>
>>158757180
>actually trying this hard
>>
>>158757174
>We don't care about other people but that doesn't mean we're uncaring as a nation.
pic
Also
>We don't care about other people
>but we'll give you some clothing and help you find a hotel for a few days, that's the extent we'll go as a society.
That would constitute caring about other people, make up your mind.
>>
>>158755663
Isnt that why poplation of japan decreasing?
>>
>>158757256
How hard is laughing for you?
Though I guess laughing too much does get tiring even to a normal person and maybe with some strange disease it can be painful.
Anyway, have my concordances, friend.
>>
>>158757367
When you try to go out of your way to hurt people's feelings it just comes off as tryhard and mildly annoying. Try keeping it short
>>
>>158757303
It's barely going down, and the island is small anyways. The reason some people lock themselves inside and don't breed is pressure, and the reason working people don't always breed (though it's been picking up lately) is the absolutely fucking retarded work culture. They don't even work hard, they just waste time spectacularly and don't go home.
>>
>>158757418
>try to go out of your way to hurt people's feelings
Whatever makes you think so? Besides my slight dismay at your weird medical condition I really feel for you. Really sounds like hell, especially since I laugh a lot. Would really suck if it was painful to me too.
>>
>>158757505
It's that or you're autistic and can only communicate by making giant assumptions.
>>
>>158757505
Not even him, but please stop.

You just suck cock.
>>
>>158757303
>muh dying population

Hopefully this meme dies faster than the population. Having a million kids you can't support like Spics and Niggers is NOT a good thing.
>>
File: smug_anime_face.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smug_anime_face.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>158757541
Joke, head, etc.
>>
File: n-no homo.jpg (43KB, 214x400px) Image search: [Google]
n-no homo.jpg
43KB, 214x400px
>>158757547
>>
>>158757610
Pretty much. Once the old people die, Japan will be fine. An island smaller than California doesn't need 130 million people. They just need to spread out of Tokyo a little more.
>>
>>158757274
You don't have to care for someone to help them anon. I say caring with the connotation it carries, not just helping someone. If you give a homeless guy a dollar that doesn't mean you care or empathize with him, you could just be doing it because you think it's right or because it makes you feel like a good person. People can do the right thing for different reasons. It's not my fault you lack the ability to critically think.

Also when I said society I implied mostly that special groups take care of people through donations across the city/state/nation, not that everyone in the street will help their neighbor when their house gets fucked.
>>
>>158757610
>>158757792
This whole thing about bringing in more people or telling others to make more kids is just corporatists speaking, so they can kill wages, cherry-pick applicants, etc...
>>
>>158757460
Well the germans have a different working culture of work hard for your 9 hours and then go home and they aren't breeding either. Fertility rates are generally just a function of affluence
>>
>>158757792
You realize that once the old people die there literally won't be enough people to man most jobs in Japan, right? That's the point of population growth and why Japan is going through a crisis (and despite autistic fags denying it, even the government of Japan recognizes it as an issue)

Which means that these young people will have to be already in position to take over for most of these jobs; a lot of which are menial-labor positions due to how fucked up retirement and job culture tends to be in Japan.

They literally cannot spread out of Tokyo any further because there's a lot of towns that have had their entire population fucking DIE due to old age. And since most of the jobs are centralized in the cities, along with an already-absurd amount of hours you have to spend at work people are going to move and live as close as possible. I mean I'm not surprised /pol/fags would be so retarded as to think they understand the crisis Japan is going through.
>>
>>158749614
Underachiever detected.
>>
What is wrong with entrance tests? Do Muritards really want everything handed to them on a silver platter? No wonder your fucking country is in a rapid decay.
>>
>>158752623
>Not taking a serious test seriously
>"does chocolate milk come from brown cows"
You best be joking
>>
>>158758164
>work hard for your 9 hours
Hhahahaha I wish, they have the shortest work week and most holidays and most paid leave days In Europe
t. Poolander
>>
>>158758324
Serious test to see whether you really are as retarded as people think.
>>
>>158752977
>Give me one reason they should.
DESIGNATED
SHITTING
STREETS
>>
>>158758300
Because not only do they work like shit, but Japan's entrance exams are notoriously shit for actually determining worthy people.

Consider the following: In Japan you study your ass off to pass an entrance exam to enter college. Once you pass that exam you can do literally nothing and pass college. Japanese students once they get college do absolutely nothing.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/12/02/reference/entrance-exams-get-failing-grade/#.Up00QGQW2kQ

>According to statistics compiled in 2007 by the University of Tokyo’s Center for Research on University Management and Policy, 9.7 percent of university students study less than an hour a week. Only 0.3 percent of U.S. students are so unengaged. Also, 58.4 percent of U.S. university students study more than 11 hours a week, which is true of only 14.8 percent of students in Japan.

So what the fuck kind of valuable metric are you getting out of these entrance exams? You're fucking someone up early on in their life and then at the point where you're supposed to be in your intellectual prime you're not encouraged to use it at all.
>>
>>158755603
>but don't go full retard and live your life around it or try to kill or convert others because of it
Maybe not conversion, but you may have missed the fanatical devotion to their living God Emperor that drove the soldiers of the IJA to murderous behavior in WW2.
>>
>>158758335
That's my point, they work shorter hours but work very hard, complete opposite of the japs who spend 16 hours doing fuck all at the office, yet have the same fertility issue
>>
>>158758161
That and shifting demographics of voters.

>>158758164
Germans have pretty lax working conditions. Look at actual statistics and things like maternity leave.

>>158758224
You realize people 70+ aren't actually working, right?
>The rest of that garbage post
Jesus Christ, you have no understanding of anything even close to economics, do you? Try doing some reading on how much it costs the government to support retirees through pensions and end of life medical care.
>>
>>158753987
>teaching your kids the most basic shit
>this is somehow wrong
/a/ would make awful parents all right.
>>
>>158758495
The '9 hours' seemed like you implied the opposite, no civilised country has work week longer than 40 hours (which comes up to 8 hours a day for a normal 5 days of work)
>>
Is this a Alice to Zouroku thread?
>>
>>158757792
>Once the old people die
But it's the younger people who are dying and offing themselves.
>>
>>158758496
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/japanese-to-work-until-80-ageing-population-pensions-a7132331.html

>That didn’t last long. For the past seven years Mr Suzuki, 72, has been a nursing aide in the Tokyo area, and says he’s years away from true retirement.

>The number of workers older than 65 rose to 7.3 million in 2015, or 21.7 per cent of the population for that age group, according to data from the statistics bureau.

Nice try, faggot. And yes, I've done my reading. Why don't you fuck off to your uneducated hugbox?
>>
>>158758418
>you study your ass off to pass an entrance exam to enter college. Once you pass that exam you can do literally nothing
Just like every other exam.
>>
>>158758366
But only a retard would answer it seriously.
>>
>>158758730
Now even your scientists think the average American is retarded.
Sasuga
>>
>>158758716
Which is why exams are generally shit ways of testing people. Even moreso if you don't have any actual followup post-exam.
>>
>>158758418
Why are you even talking about COLLEGE ENTRANCE EXAMS? This is elementary entrance exams that we're talking about you fucking nitwit.
>>
>>158758496
>germans have pretty lax working conditions
That has nothing to do with their work ethic, retard. Their productivity and affluence didn't appear by magic you know
>>158758563
Lunch break
>>
>>158758602
I asked for above 70. Japan's life expectancy is a lot higher than 65 or 70. You also failed to comment on pension burden falling on the current generation, or cost of care for elderly. Even with your numbers, an overwhelming number of people above the age of 65 aren't working. Did you even read what you posted? I swear to God, the people that randomly cry about /pol/ are the stupidest fucking people alive.
>>
>>158758888
>Lunch break
Even for blue-collar workers in fucking Pooland it's counted into work time.
>>
>>158758888
>How much time you take off doesn't have anything to do with work ethic
Ok
>>
>>158758791
Exams are a great way to filter out the lazy retards.
>>
>>158754346
Well, we all know of the Japanese Shakespeare. Most of those cultures you list weren't even organic- they had to learn not to be banana republic tier form usl
>>
>>158758895
>Even with your numbers, an overwhelming number of people above the age of 65 aren't working

Are you retarded? Do you not grasp how numbers work? We're still talking 1 in 5 people above the age of 65 are working.

And I did not comment on those because they were unrelated to the topic at hand, which you said people 70+ aren't working. I brought up a contradictory worker and cited data, then you decided to autistically whine and move the goalposts.

>>158758865
Because I'm pointing out the absurdity of having entrance exams for children in order to have basic education vs entrance exams for college where you get to fuck off and do jack shit afterwards.

>>158758997
Why do you think college in Japan is viewed as one massive spring break?
>>
>>158758997
Long-term projects are better at filtering out lazy retards
If you're good at studying, you can cram the day before exams and still do good but long-term projects require more forethought and time management
>>
>>158758458
You honestly think their devotion to their Emperor led them to do that? Not the fact that it was the perfect circumstances for the dark side of humanity to come out?
>>
>>158753354
>Are there countries where this is not a thing?
I only had the equivalent to that once in my life and it was when i had to go to a catholic high school, once i was in it never happened again.
>>
How do you start doing what you know should do, have the resources at hand, and are even things you are interested on doing and want to do, but never get to start doing anything and instead waste away the days doing absolutely nothing productive?
>>
>>158759146
I said that people above 70 aren't working, so you responded by showing that 1/5 of people above 65 are working. Old people working won't solve the problem. They're costly, and frankly are prone to making more mistakes. Their generation is also the one that loves the shitty work practices that prevent people from actually having the time to spend their money (people in Tokyo have buttloads of money saved, but never spend it). Looks like your "research" consisted of reading a few newspaper articles and then talking out your ass a whole lot.
>>
>>158759381
That's why japan needs refugees and inmigrants, they can't possibly bear the burden of their elderly alone.
>>
>>158759192
>If you're good at studying, you can cram the day before exams
This, I got into top uni by learning for the last two weeks. (Though I only needed maths and physcics and they don't require much cramming.)
>>
>>158759434
Fuck you, Merkel. Ruin your own country.
>>
>>158759381
I responded with showing that not only 1/5th of the people over 65 are working, but that there was a man I directly quoted who is over 70 and still working. So why don't you back up your data with citations fag, since I've provided more than you have so far.

And that's right. You know why those shitty practices exist? Because not only are they not retiring sooner (and thus enforcing their will on lower-level employees), but they have to work shitty hours at shitty pay. And you're right that they're costly and fuck up a lot more. But guess what: When you have a declining population with less people than open positions, you start filling those slots with anyone you can get your hands on. So take your pick

>Employ the elderly
>Employ immigrants
>Increase population growth

And considering how shitty some of their industries (such as Software Development) are? 3 likely won't help them compete. Not with how low it is now.
>>
>>158758575
Nope, not anymore
>>
>>158759146
We get it. You're a socialist.
>>
>>158759434
Please stop baiting /pol/.
>>
>>158759544
>I showed you that a small fraction of people 5 years younger than the cutoff you gave are working
Just so you know, average age of retirement is 70 for guys. And again, you still haven't even pretended to comment on the cost of care for that age group. Which generation do you think promoted those practices that fucked everything up? I'll give you a hint, it's the ones that promoted the idea of seniority over skill, time in office over efficiency, and didn't save up on their own for retirement. If Japan didn't have those old people taxing their system, they wouldn't need to fill more jobs because they'd have no need for that utterly fucking retarded meme of infinite growth.
>>
>>158749614
look on the bright side: this kind of treatment helps the child grow, and thus the chances that it would become some sjw fucknugget is smaller.
>>
>>158753354
>countries where this is not a thing
I have not once ever been given homework for end of term/ summer holidays here in Australia- even though I have done 11 years of education here.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.