[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the worst villains in anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2347.jpg (53KB, 623x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2347.jpg
53KB, 623x358px
What are the worst villains in anime?
>>
>>158734477
I've never understood this meme
It's fucking obvious he wanted to play an MMO with a bunch of people and to avoid people ignoring his game and not taking it seriously he did what he did
Are people really harem MC tier dense?
>>
>>158734477
more like:
>people are trapped in a game by a contraption
>no one can devise a mechanism to free them.

why did they just not cut the power?

why is the author so shit
>>
>>158735494
They would have died
It was explained in the first episode
>>
>>158735494
If you want to bitch about something watch the first ep at least.

>>158734619
his games were pretty succesful

He is just some psycho who tried to use his game to become some god, nothing deep there.
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 91x91px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 91x91px
>>158736290
Then how did they transport the people to the hospital without unplugging their gear?
>>
>>158736399
He just feels like a ttrpg DM who gets tired of his players ignoring him and dicking around on their phones so he demands they hand over their phones while playing the game
Nothing wrong with it
>>
>>158736511
Battery in the nerv gear, again it was explained in the first episode
My real question is how it works
Is the nerv gear a standalone pc? Does it do all calculations serverside? Does it use brainpower to do calculations?
Because it was connected to Kirito's pc but I guess that was just to power it
>>
>>158736511
The VR thingies have batteries, wifi and whatever...
You can't question the set up of the autor, just accept that you can't put there things off without killing them.
>>
Griffith.
>>
>>158736399
>>158736290
How will it kill them if you shut it off with EMP?
Honest question, even in-setting it should work.
>>
He's arguably the best villain in the whole series. The rest of them are much more terribly written.
Also Kayaba did nothing wrong.
>>
>>158736672
If the Nerv Gear runs out of power, with the last bit of power it fries your brain
>>158736686
Fucking this, Kirito got a harem because of the man, no wonder they like each other
>>
>>158736672
not only that, the functioning of the gear is retarded. Does it fry you on the spot? Then why does a resurrection item exist? Hell, how are Asuna and Kirito still alive?
>>
>>158736801
Resurection ? Asuna and Kirito died ?
Have you even tried watching the show ?
>>
>>158736788
EMP != running out of power
The 'fry the brain' subroutine can't run on a broken equipment. Try again.
>>
>>158736856
There is a resurrection item, it only works within 5 minutes. How does it fucking unfry the brain?
Asuna gets killed, so does Kirito. If the brain fry is instantaneous, why are they still alive?

Have YOU tried watching the show?
>>
>>158736922
Not that anon. I think this whole brain frying thing is just a plot device meant to keep the MCs inside the game. Realistically speaking all the government has to do is gather the victims in one place and use an EMP to fry all the devices simultaneously. If the device itself is broken in an instant, it won't be frying any brains anytime soon. Kayaba only got his dream because everyone outside were too retarded to think of that plan.
>>
>>158736967
>How does it fucking unfry the brain?

I thought it was implied that dying inside the game doesn't immediately fry your brain outside. There's a delay of about a few minutes until the game is sure you won't be revived by another player. Then it fries your brain. That's what the 5 minutes thing was for. The window between death and brain frying.
>>
What would have happened if in those 2 years a hurricane fucked up the power grid and left most of the players without electricity for an extended period of time?
>>
>>158737063
Five minutes are plenty to remove the Gear, the characters in the show do it in a matter of seconds. Then, why don't doctors simply remove the helmet?
>>
>>158736967
The helmet only kills you in real life after you've been dead in game for 5 minutes. It's not directly explained but it's pretty obvious.
>>
>>158737102
Because they have no way of monitoring what's going on inside the game. They don't know whether this guy died or not until 5 minutes have passed and suddenly their brain gets fried. It's not like they have a live camera feed showing them everything going on inside in real time.
>>
>>158737067
They don't have hurricanes in Japan
>>
>>158737242
They do have earthquakes and tsunamis though. But I guess it'd be too much of a coincidence if a tsunami and earthquake happens right when this incident does. Even in real life, those things don't always happen in Japan.
>>
>>158736669
"I'm going to become a god and prove to everyone how special I am" "Fuck, I can't prove how special I am if everyone is dead"
>>
>>158737197
that doesn't matter, if the frying occurs after 5 minutes, you can simply pull off the gear at any time. The frying routine has its own limits, exploiting them doesn't depend on the conditions of the players.
>>
>>158737021
IIRC the helmet was EMP shielded, and since that counts as attempted tampering it'd kill the user
>>158737102
>>158737197
>>158737184
>>158737390
Because it's a different thing
Death by attempted logout is immediate, it happens instantly as soon as someone attempts to remove the Nerv Gear
Death by in-game death happens after 5 minutes
>>
>>158737197
>It's not like they have a live camera feed showing them everything going on inside in real time.

You are telling me that during the release of the most anticipated MMORPG in history, not a single fucking player was STREAMING THAT SHIT? In the second most autistic about videogames country in the world?
>>
>>158736922
Maybe it has some magical anti-EMP tech or something. The Nerve Gear is fictional to begin with, if the author says you can't forcibly remove it then you can't. SAO has plenty of plot holes but somehow people always manage to argue about a plot device that's just there to get the story going.
>>
>>158737450
Not that it matters because it's irrelevant, but the story was originally written in 2002/2003, when streaming wasn't a thing
>>
>>158737450
I think it's more the fact that they cannot stream what goes on inside the Nerv Gear world. The only thing they would be able to stream would be their unconscious bodies lying down in bed for hours. The game itself is being played inside their minds and I doubt you can stream that. Not only SAO, but also ALO and GGO haven't been shown streamed to people in the real world.

>>158737390
Yeah but the problem is how do you know when to pull it off? The 5 minutes thing only applies when someone is dead in-game. But you don't know when they died in-game because you can't see it happen. So if you pull it off at the wrong time, you would instantly kill them. It's likely they tried that and after killing a few dozen people they stopped trying.
>>
>>158737576
Nah, we get told about what makes it 'impossible' to remove. If author just said it's impossible arguing would be pointless, but he added the rules that are supposed to make it impossible (but because he is a retard it created a plothole).
>>
>>158737615
You could always stream the 1st person PoV
Then again I'm pretty sure nobody did it or everyone would know about Kirito in that world
>>
He was a good villain, he gave kirito a daughteru
>>
>>158736563
>Battery in the nerv gear
This thing was so fucking dumb.
The magnetron powerful enough to fry brain in a fraction of second would probably need ~100kW of input power, and the entire circuit would have to be able to transmit such power. Which means no one in the entire company questioned why the fuck they are putting microwave ovens from hell and other overkill parts inside the game console.
And the most stupid thing is, all the people outside would have to do to save everyone was to grab one Nerve Gear, check its construction and find the way to remove the battery or break the brain-frying circuit from the outside.
>>
Ok, on a slightly different note. Do you think it's scientifically possible to create a virtual headgear like the Nerv Gear. I know we currently have Oculus but that's not really virtual reality it's just giving you slightly better 1st person view sort of immersion. So what I'm getting at is is it possible to have a headset in the future where your entire consciousness gets sent into that game world while your body basically goes into a coma until you logout? It seems a bit impossible but then again you have people like Palmer Luckey working on shit like that so you never know I guess.
>>
>>158737905
maybe
>>
The SAO novels are published in my country and we're starting to get Alicization. Is Alicization really that good ? Is it worth going through the awful arcs that precede it ? (or can you jump right into it ?) Im interested in giving SAO a second go because of it.
>>
>>158737763
>make revolutionary VR game
>autist starts ruining the game for everyone by powergaming
>decide to put him in his place
>have to use hacks because of just how much this guy was powergaming
>autist asks for leave so he can go fuck his gf
>allow it so the other play can actually play for once and enjoy the game
>as soon as things get a bit more difficult they go running to the powergamer to solve shit for them
>fucking autist figures out the plot twist and spoils it for everyone 25 floors in avdvance
Being Kayaba is suffering
>>
>>158737773
If you try to tamper with the Nerv Gear it kills the user
And Kayab was pretty much soloing the entire thing, whoever asked too many questions was probably used as a "alpha tester" for those overkill components
>>
>>158737432
how would you go about shielding something the size of a headset from an EMP?
>>
>>158737905
Yes. In my original timeline they created something similar in the next 35 years but it isn't used for entertainment yet.
>>
>>158737905
Anon we have VR headsets with feel sensitive gloves already. They are expensive as fucking shit though.

If you want to mess with consciousness you need to mess with the brain and its reactions which require a fucking implant.
>>
>>158738119
With future tech
How do you make a martix-like helmet should be the real question
>>158737905
This kind of tech is always "20/30 years from now"
Like nuclear fusion
>>
>>158738229
>Like nuclear fusion
We had Nuclear Fusion since 1951 though.
>>
>>158738301
I mean stable nuclear fusion for power plants
It's always "one breakthrough away" and that never happens
>>
>>158737905
I think it is, but developping the tech and implementing it IRL would be extremely difficult. And from a legal standpoint that shit would probably be regulated to death except in Nippon.
>>158738078
>If you try to tamper with the Nerv Gear it kills the user
That's the dumb part, the thing being developped by one person is even more stupid. In a setting that make sense that shit wouldn't have gotten past QC. Even if the guy developped it alone, he's not alone inside the company. There's bound to be at least one engineer checking the device and going "Guys, with the right settings that shit can fry your brain, we should probably do something about it." at the next meeting. He doesn't even need to put the Nervgear on to discover that, just to take one, open it and check the power output and components of the damn thing.
>>
>>158738301
Technically we had nuclear fusion ever since the sun came into being it's just that we didn't make it ourselves. You're right though, we've had nuclear fusion for a long time now the thing is we still don't have sustained nuclear fusion. I believe we've only got a few seconds or so of sustained fusion right now and keeping it going constantly is the main problem for the scientists. If we can get sustained fusion, we'd literally get our electricity dirt cheap, maybe even free. But I doubt oil and gas companies will let that happen. They'd rather murder all the scientists and burn the research than let that happen.
>>
You will never have fusion because you need to master a way to contain it and the only way is mastery of gravity.
>>
>>158737361
You clearly have no idea why Griffith decided to kill all his comrades.
>>
>>158738355
The author probably imagined something like Steve Jobs building a pc in his garage with a friend, and thought "what if it's literally just one dude"
So there wouldn't be anyone else to notice this
>>
>>158737905
It sounds cool for gaming/and other stuff, but how long would it take before it ends up as a weapon, and send people into the Matrix?
>>
>>158738346
Because Thermonuclear Fusion is fucking complicated.

Also you forget humans like half-efficiency and medium returns. I'm sure if we actually tried and poured non-stop funding into we could master it.

>>158738372
>Muh big bad oil and gas companies.
Nah new electric companies would be established and the people who get nuclear fusion out into the general public would be rich.

Burning the research would be retarded and now days such information of an act like that would've hit the public.
>>
>>158738595
>but how long would it take before it ends up as a weapon, and send people into the Matrix?
If you watch SAO, it takes literally the first time it's released to the general public
>>
>>158738602
>I'm sure if we actually tried and poured non-stop funding into we could master it.
This holds true for almost everything
Look at the middle of the 20th century, from the 30s until the end of the 60s tech developed in absolutely incredible way, in 40 years the entire world was completely changed
And that's because governments were pouring a neverending amount of money into scientific development
>>
>>158738346
>>158738372
We already have a fusion reactor which generates more energy than it consumes. It's obviously still a long way till it's commercially viable, but we've just recently made a big step towards that.
>>
>>158736290
>>158736399
>If you want to bitch about something watch the first ep at least.

I do not remember by what mechanism the shit is supposed to kill them with, but given that the interface was non intrusive, suddenly unplugging them all else being equal would not cause damage to them.

that means the mechinism that the dude is using to kill them is a physical one and thus it has to abide by the laws of physics.

if I remember correctly the method of killing was supposed to be heat based, as far as I know(and I am no physicist) it takes roughly 5k joules to heat 1kg of water 1 degree our heads are 5kg and thus we would need 25k joules to heat our heads 1 degree, say heating our head 4 degrees is enough to kill us, even given that it would take 100k joules which would have to be delivered in a fraction of a second if that.

so the thing would have to be more than 100kw of energy which is impossible given that outlets generally only support a tad more than 6kw.
>>
This thread is so much cancer.
There's a lot to complain about in SAO, but the nerve gear is pretty logical.
I think the author originally had some other idea, like the nerve gear killing the consciousness/soul of the player, or some shit like that, but the publishers made him change it to something more scientific.
>>158737905
It's impossible for now. Don't expect that kind of technology in your life time.
>>
>>158738574
Yes, but that's not the case here. It can't work because there's hundreds of thousands of those being shipped. One man can't produce even a thousand high-tech shit by himself over a short amount of time. And if he's selling it en mass he'll have to submit himself to regulations and controls, especially for something like the Nerve Gear. Unless he has unlimited money and godlike corruption capabilities, he's never going to have his death device going unnoticed.
So yeah if he did a hundred of those and shipped them out himself, it might have gone unnoticed (at least it's more believable), but not a thousand and definitely not hundreds of thousand.

>>158738595
How would you even use it as a weapon ? I can see the military applications for training troops, interrogations and simulations for new tech, but I can't see it being directly used as a weapon since you need to capture the ennemy and strap him in a chair before you're able to use the device on him, wich makes it the worst weapon ever. Unless you somehow manage to use it for terrorism like in SAO, bu in real life that kind of plan would be killed in it's infancy.
>>
>>158738423
We already have a fusion reactor which generates more energy than it consumes, bitch boy.
>>
>>158738791
Even now we are still changing.

Just compare 2007 to 2017 and you will notice a large gap in technology + medicine and more, though the culture and living hasn't changed revolutionary wise there is still a huge difference between the two.
>>
>>158738936
This. Tech progress may have slowed down since the Cold War ended but it's still going on pretty damn fast. Even in the span of about a decade we've improved quite a bit in terms of technology, especially in the field of electronics and the internet. Medicine too to an extent.
>>
>>158738879
Would the machine be able to generate that many joules because its constantly running.

This also brings up an important question. What the fuck was the scientist going to do if the machines overheated and shut off by iitself? Does the player get an instant kill?
>>
>playing a VR game where dying or losing results in your brain getting fried
I unironically think this is pretty cool. SAO could have been a good setting but they wasted it.
>>
>>158738920
You can't do it on a large scale for a long time because there is no way to contain it.

It's too hot and too fast. You would need to look it up to understand. I obviously don't understand it enough to explain to you.

Basically think of it as balancing on a tight rope and once you lean to either side you fall and there is never a way to stand perfectly straight without ever leaning.
>>
>>158734619
>It's fucking obvious
Nothing of what you said is obvious. The game was insanely popular and by locking people into the game on day one, he was limiting the playerbase to people who preordered or got one of the limited copies sold on launch day.
If his goal was to just play an MMO with other people, then his final plan wouldn't have been to betray his guild and take his place as the boss of the 100th Floor.
Nor would killing innocent people be in any way related to playing vidya with strangers.
>>
>>158738891
There is an much easier way to implement the Nerve gear system in real life but there are more side effects (brain infection, scarring of brain tissue from prolonged implantation). For one killing the player in the real world system would be really easy as you will have to directly plug their brain into a computer via wired connections. Invasive brain interfaces are pretty advanced for being so hard to research in real humans. Within a life time for invasive brain interfaces is trivial.

Non-invasive is probably physically impossible due to physics and all. Your brain only produces tiny signals and it is extremely hard to send signals into the brain accurately from a distance to generate say an entire visual field of view. This presents a massive localisation and signal to noise problem which invasive implants completely avoid by directly plugging into areas of the brain.
>>
>>158738879
>>158739024
It was electric
It could be a simple electric impulse that stops the heart, causes a heart attack or does other damages
>>
>>158736801
The implication is that the Nerv Gear doesn't fry your brain for 5 minutes, which how the resurrection item works, and how Kirito and Asuna lived, because the game shut down within 5 minutes of their deaths.
>>
>>158737242
>first mongol invasion of Japan
>second mongol invasion of Japan
>>
>>158739113
>I obviously don't understand it
Evidently.
>>
>>158739128
>If his goal was to just play an MMO with other people, then his final plan wouldn't have been to betray his guild and take his place as the boss of the 100th Floor
>he doesn't play open world multiplayer solely to betray people and gain power
>>
>>158736511
I'm more interested in how they maintained an internet connection so the guy doesn't auto die while connected to the game.

Sword art online is garbage anyway so why bother looking further into it though
>>
>>158739164
The kill switch was retarded you just have to incubate them and then dunk them into a vat of liquid gallium. The metal would block all EM radiation or electrical shocks as they would just go through the ~30degC liquefied metal. The liquid metal would also rapidly short out the electronics and battery while safely routing any dangerous energy through the much more conductive metal. Gallium vs. mercury is relatively safe and is not flammable.
>>
>>158739267
Much more than you do though.
>>
>>158739308
I don't know what you're talking about, but it sounds interesting
>>
File: argument_insult_13.png (130KB, 534x400px) Image search: [Google]
argument_insult_13.png
130KB, 534x400px
>>158739319
>>158739319
If you say so, hakase.
>>
/a/ - Science & Technology
>>
File: thingken of fluffy kittens.png (592KB, 914x898px) Image search: [Google]
thingken of fluffy kittens.png
592KB, 914x898px
>>158739164
>It was electric
Then just use a faraday cage.
Holy shit it's retarded.
What did I even expect.
>>
>>158734477
Why the fuck did the patent office not question the brain frying machine in the nerve gear and why was there no perfunctory government inspection of the devices before they hit the market?

And who the fuck did he contract to assemble these things? Wouldn't a factory owner also say what the fuck is this brain frying thing doing here? Because if word gets out that you've been willingly assembling child killing machines your business is pretty much over forever.
Also what if there was a powercut that affected the players? Would they all die? Because that'd be fucking retarded.
SAO would have never happened in a sensible universe and shit like this makes the idea untenable.
>>
>>158739385
More like /a/ - Science Fiction & Fictional Technology
>>
>>158739452
Doesn't the company who owns wanted to collect personal data of users and sell it to other people and the Japanese government was also involved in the scandal?

Then the guy who made the NervGear threw an autistic fit because he wanted to be about video games and not hacking the mind.
>>
>>158739451
How would a Faraday cage protect you from something strapped onto your head?
>>
>>158739279
Then he should have been involved with PK guilds and the like, not leading the largest unified PvE guild doing the most work into beating the game. 2 years and thousands of dead innocents is a lot of time to sink in to one face-heel-turn where your "betrayal" is just revealing that you're the guy who trapped everyone in the game, and that you'll be waiting on the last floor for them when they reach it in probably another year.

Either way you want to interpret it, it was horribly handled and written. So even if you don't believe Kayaba "just forgot" (even though that's the only stated reasoning behind his actions), he's still one of the worst villains of all time.
>>
>>158739356
If you dunked the people in a small pool of liquid metal is an easy way to rapidly form a faraday cage around the patient's head stopping any microwave/electrical kill switch from affecting them.
>>
File: confused.jpg (26KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
26KB, 433x380px
>>158739553
You introduce it between the Nervgear and the head. A metal strand at a time if need be.
>>
>>158734619
>implying kawahara put time into writing this guy and didnt went "if kabaya does this it will so fucking cool"
>>
>>158739553
This is why you should use a liquid metal (gallium is suitable) to form the faraday cage it would easily flow into and around the headset and rapidly shield the patient and destroy the killswitch at the same time.
>>
>>158739308
>The kill switch was retarded you just have to incubate them and then dunk them into a vat of liquid gallium
Where are you going to get a vat of gallium?
>>
Just line the area between your head and the nerve gear with aluminum foil, retards.
>>
>>158739660
If any government agency was even remotely interested in saving the lives of its citizens, assembling enough gallium to do so wouldn't exactly be a problem. Even then, just ring up the US. There's no way the states wouldn't help collect enough gallium to save lives. It's not like this is a covert thing the japs want to keep under wraps. It's a national crisis and anyone who can solve it would be seen as a hero.
>>
Because it would only be game if none of this happened.

Now it was for real and people where fighting for their lives.
>>
>>158739660
Are you actually implying that a vat of gallium is impossible for the government to obtain in order to save the lives of 10,000 people in what should be regarded as the largest terrorist incident of all time?
>>
>>158739660
Gallium is easily purchased online. Hospitals could easily order it in bulk with government funding.

https://youtu.be/zQR6HyiNSfA
>>
>>158739751
Kinda hard to do that quickly if you can't take it off their heads without killing them. Liquid metals work much faster with the same effect.

>>158739778
>>158739812
Also added bonus is the metal is highly corrosive to other metals but relatively safe to skin. Which would help it destroy the headset entirely.
>>
>>158739598
>>158739640
>>158739606
What if the helmet is airtight around the head?
>>158739751
Would aluminium even work?
>>
>>158739660
>>158739778
>>158739812
>>158739824
>yfw people who sell Gallium doubles its price.
I know I would.
>>
>>158734477
>IMG_2347.jpg
>SAO image macro
>>
>>158739778
>>158739640
My assumption was that the second you used the nerv gear it forced your brain to set up an inherently lethal cardiac rhythm that only the gear could counteract. Or it outright suppressed your natural cardiac rhythm and beat your heart for you.

But even then arguing logic in anime is pointless
>>
>>158739981
Same here. In fact, I'm going to satrt investing in gallium today just incase people ever need a shit ton of it.
>>
>>158739981
>doubles
I'd fucking sell it at 10 times the amount
>>
>>158739913
It is impossible for it to form an air tight seal as people typically have hair which makes that impossible to seal properly against as it is fibrous and people's head shapes vary wildly so to make a form fitting helmet they would have to first shave every user and custom fit each unit to make a perfect seal would would kinda kill adoption rates. The hair would also help wick up the liquid metal sure it would be a mess to get out all that metal but it is only a short dunk and is a life/death issue.
>>
>>158738346
We have stable, power-positive fusion. We just don't have a reactor that can produce an economical amount of power yet.
>>
>>158739553
the more important question is how can a device with a potentially hazardous mechanism get past any regulatory body?

I know jack shit about electricity do any of you faggots who understand this shit know of a possible mechinism that could be repurposed in a way as to kill someone given that there is an interface with the human brain(which is non intrusive)?
>>
>>158740094
Yeah that was a dumb assumption, I was just thinking that it must have still been strapped on pretty tightly otherwise it could fall off accidentally
Still the instant the liquid starts pouring inside the nerv gear it'd immediately set it off, it's still risky as fuck
>>
>>158740030
Pretty sure your heart beats completely independent from your brain.
>>
>>158740030
That wouldn't work because then you could just defib them after you take the helmet off. Or just connect them to an ALS pacemaker to override the brain's signaling to the heart. The heart is also designed to run independently from the brain due to the fact the pacing function is part of the heart and not the brain.

https://biology.stackexchange.com/questions/35180/will-the-heart-keep-beating-if-its-separated-from-the-body
>>
>>158740193
Look at the Galaxy Note 7, or whatever it was last year that could set your house on fire by accident because of the battery
Now imagine if that was done with malicious intent and it activated when you were doing a phone call
This is the least of the problems with the tech in SAO
>>
>>158740279
The headset catching fire would not instantly kill the person then you could just dunk them in salt water for even cheaper results.
>>
>>158740194
Absolutely not, it's regulated by involuntary brain impulses
>>
>>158740066
>>158740039
A gram of Gallium is 15$.

10x the original price is overkill.
>>
>>158740307
It's an example of a real life potentially lethal electronic device
>>
>>158740193
The problem is once it detects a problem it is already too late the moment there is a interruption in the connection means the metal is already flooded the space to trigger the killswitch which is why you want it to be a liquid you could even do it under pressure jets to ensure the filling time is extremely short. The other problem for the headset is the liquid metal will likely destroy the power supply, battery, kill generator at the same time in addition to shielding the patients head electrically.
>>
>>158740066
>>158739981
Why wouldn't the government just buy it from someone who sells it at the normal price then?
Also, it's just unethical in a way that probably would hurt your reputation a lot. Everybody would remember you as that guy who charged people extra when they tried to save thousands of lives. Nobody expects you to give it for free, but deliberately raising the price on the equipment which would save lives is just overly dickish, and you wouldn't even get much out of it.
>>
>>158740327
Too late
>>
>>158740279
lithium ion batteries tend to explode if they are short circuited.

the g7 is made in such a way that shorting the battery was rather easy.

why would a headset have a battery, and it would be possible to remove said battery shortly after unplugging.
>>
>>158740393
A real life example of an instantly lethal electronic device would be the Therac-25 although you'll never get an ionising radiation source in a consumer product that powerful.

https://youtu.be/izGSOsAGIVQ
>>
>>158740393
Nowhere near that level.
>>
>>158740228
>>158740194
Yes, your heart will keep beating for a very short time even if it gets ripped out of your chest. It's still dependent on the brain to keep beating.

Defibrillators merely use shocks to reset the natural rhythm of the heart. They don't magically keep a heart beating.

And while you could potentially replace their hearts with pacemakers, the moral and legal issues involved would be staggering. Not to mention the possibility of biorhythm feedback monitoring which would notice the telltale signs of surgery and could trigger lethal countermeasures.

Is it insurmountable? No, of course not. But again arguing the logic of an obvious plot device is pointless.

If it makes you feel better pretend that the twelve richest families affected used their connections to have their kids surgically removed, and plans were underway for the rest.
>>
>>158740454
Business is business.

Arms manufacturers produce millions of dollars worth of equipment to kill thousands, yet you don't hear the government or people calling them dicks.
>>
>>158740576
There's nothing wrong with selling weapons. It's not my responsibility what people do with them.
>>
>>158740569
>It's still dependent on the brain to keep beating.
Source? If you rip it out it stops beating for a different reason that loss of signal from the heart.
Even if you were right, see
>>158740228
>That wouldn't work because then you could just defib them after you take the helmet off. Or just connect them to an ALS pacemaker to override the brain's signaling to the heart.
>>
also everyone forgets that the trigger is supposed to be software, thus it would be possible to override the inputs and trick the software into thinking everything is normal when removing said headset.
>>
>>158740576
There is often public outcry about that, and there's entire political parties about how the arms dealing sucks, not to mention various private or non-profit organizations.
>>
>>158740569
An advance life support pacemaker is an external pacing system for emergency use. The heart is not entirely dependent on the brain to beat. You most certainly should not connect an external pacer to internal probes which is what an implantable pacer uses.

https://youtu.be/SN3CXgbrSrg
>>
>>158740576
>you don't hear the government or people calling them dicks.
What alternate universe did you come from? People have been bitching about muh evil arms corporations for forever.
>>
>>158736669
Griffith is a good villian.
>>
>>158740569
Sorry man, it's just a gigantic plothole.
Stop defending it, you just can't win it.

Never understood why fans were so desperate to cover up plotholes.
>>
>>158740653
That would be another way around it but you have to assume there is a critical bug in the software you can exploit which might not be true in the short term. Attacking it from the physical perspective is easier as the world is nominally in the real world.
>>
>>158740569
>the moral and legal issues involved would be staggering
Moral and legal issue of giving the families a viable way to save they children 99% would gladly accept?
Are you retarded, you know how many people use pacemakers?

Anyway it's all your fanfiction, the device only fried the brain.
>>
>>158740767
You have no idea what the word plothole means do you?

There are so many examples of "logical inconsistency necessary to move the plot forward" that I can't even begin to list them.

Conversely, a genuine plot hole is a critical element of the story that is directly contradicted by the story, or when left unexplained causes the narrative to become nonsensical.

In this case, the author left the exact mechanism behind the kill switch ambiguous. The viewer is asked to suspend their disbelief because the author is neither an engineer, nor a neuroscientist.

What do you want? A five hour long technical lecture on the operation of a fictional device? If the author says "it's foolproof" then guess what? It's foolproof.
>>
>>158740865
>bug
not necessarily, for the whole technology is based on an interface with the brain,developing a mechanism to override the inputs would not necessarily be hard.

given that this would be a nationwide tragedy the gov. would not forgo spending any amount of resources to save the people.
>>
>>158740991
>Conversely, a genuine plot hole is a critical element of the story that is directly contradicted by the story, or when left unexplained causes the narrative to become nonsensical.
So basically the killer nervegear.

>In this case, the author left the exact mechanism behind the kill switch ambiguous.
Sadly, no. He shouldn't even get into the explanation if he can't get it right.
>>
>>158741082
This, Reki should have just written
>the Nerv Gear will kill you if you attempt to remove it from the outside, people have already died
>How it kills you is beyond your comprehension, but rest assured, there is no way to avoid it
>>
>>158740576
War is not the same as a massive act of terrorism by an insane person that targets innocent lives, and selling arms is not the same as selling something as raw material as gallium.
War is actually not that much of an unusual occurence, somebody is almost always at war. And weapons too are mostly only fit for war and arms manufacturers are inherently shady, so nobody's surprised if they remain neutral in the situation and jack up prices, since if you want to fight a war, it's your problem, and you get your supplies from whoever you can.
Jacking up prices for gallium, usually sold for peaceful purposes, because the government came to you and said they wanted to save lives with it would make the rumors go. Customers might start to avoid supplying from you, since if you didn't care to temper your greed (not even drop the prices, just not jack them up immediately once you heard government needed it) when people's lives were at stake, who's to say when else you didn't temper it and how you might screw them over if they make deals with you.
The people who made the offer are just as likely to decline and just go buy it somewhere else too, not like you're the only guy selling it, and not like they need all the gallium in the world.
>>
>>158741169
Better would be saying your soul/mind was uploaded into the cloud so you can disconnect them or take the headset off but then they can't get back to their bodies. Use the AI mumbo jumbo to say it would be impossible to take individuals out or shut the system down without risking killing everyone or many people.
>>
>>158741169
This, if the author is to stupid to explain something it's better to just handwave it.
>>
>>158741065
True it is possible just there is more risk involved as if your detected it might kill people enmass. The physical method is undetectable as it would just look like a person took the helmet off.
>>
>>158741265
>Was is not the same as massive terrorism
Not to the invading people its not.

>Selling arms is not the same as selling something as raw material
Yes it is. Its a product in demand which I have control over.

Fair trade. Stop getting into your feelings.
>>
>>158741265
>>158741428
Since there is no monopoly of gallium and you can re-use it many times and sell it back afterwards the chances of a massive price spike are low. Even if you have to dunk everyone at the same time with a massive amount of gallium you only need it for a short period of time and then it can be resold on the market. The gallium isn't used up in the process so recycling it is cheap as you just need to purify it to get rid of the hair, debris, oxidation. With gallium being used in computer chips and LEDs both of which are in high demand and worldwide production in excess of 600+ tons per year getting enough gallium to dip people's heads into is trivial.
>>
>>158741428
It is not my feelings. It is your customers' feelings.
What kind of merchant just ignores what his customers think?
Being a dick doesn't pay off all the time. You should know that sometimes you just can't be a dick for short-term profits because it would hurt you too much.
>Yes it is. Its a product in demand which I have control over.
I'm talking about the fact that your customer base is different, how desperate they are for your product is different and their mentality is different. It's not the same at all.
>>158741592 - this pretty much too. Gallium is just not something you could even jack up prices on,
>Its a product in demand which I have control over.
Technically you could sell ice cream to kids for ten times the prices adults get too. It is a product in demand you have control over, sure. Put up a big sign telling that kids should pay extra, and see how many people will buy it from you.
I mean, surely people will understand that you're just trying to make a profit, right? It's not like people are inherently judgmental and easily overcome by their emotions, right? You could just ignore their feelings even if your work is 85% interaction with people, and you would still do great, I'm sure of that.
>>
>>158734477
>>158740016
OP is a faggot that browses funnyjunk
I know this because I made that image and posted on funnyjunk right after episode 14
>>
>>158741864
>What kind of merchant ignores what his customers think?
The one who does business and delivers his product on time and provides excellent service, but also looks to increase profit for the company and his many workers.

>How desperate they are.
Not the personal concern of the company.
>>
File: fasa.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fasa.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
Did SAO ever had a decent villain?
>>
>>158736516
Maybe he is just a shitty DM if he can't keep the attention of the players.
>>
EMPosters, please, learn what EMP fucking is. It's microwaving. You know, that same thing NerveGears do.
>>
>>158737905
I can say it's not physically impossible.
Good luck figuring out how to manipulate the brain and nervous pulses on that scale though.
Sadly
>>
>Expect thread about bad villains in anime
>Get discussion of batteries in SAO

What about the villains from Black Clover? They're two-dimensional.
>>
>>158742688
Except the EMP that easily kills hardware is harmless to humans.
please learn what EMP is before posting.
>>
>>158734477
Maybe he did it just for the lulz.
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.