[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Code Geass ever actually good or was it just the phenomenon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: GzPHyH5.png (203KB, 888x1450px) Image search: [Google]
GzPHyH5.png
203KB, 888x1450px
Was Code Geass ever actually good or was it just the phenomenon, the group experience watched it together that fooled us into thinking so?
>>
>>158726451
Do you really need to ask? You just look at that trainwrecks art and should know the answer. I honestly dont even get why normalfags rate it so highly.
>>
It had its moments for me.
Overall the series was a wild ride, even if a bunch of it was "so bad it's good" kind of deals that just made it hilarious.
I guess an example where the material isn't necessarily 'good', but the resulting experience with it was entertaining enough to outweigh its shortcomings.
>>
File: 1497879067574.webm (2MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1497879067574.webm
2MB, 1440x810px
>>158726577
>You just look at that trainwrecks art and should know the answer.
I thought the art direction was one of the best things about the show, if anything. It was...interesting.
>>
LOGH for kids
>>
>>158726451
It was great regardless
>>
>>158726451
Rewatched it a couple of months ago and it's still great.
>>
this will never hapoen again as the jannies would just delete duplicate threads
>>
>>158726451
the ending is the only thing I remember.

Something about the MC becoming a villain for the greater good.
>>
>>158726451
It was and still is a big trainwreck.
The most enjoyable one.
>>
>>158726451
I can't take anyone seriously who thinks Code Geass is better than Death Note
>>
File: why tie the legs.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
why tie the legs.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>158729582
Death Note was a lot 'safer' than Geass though. It really didn't take any conventional risks and you always knew how it was going to end, it asked no meaningful questions of the viewer whatsoever.
>>
Code Geass want bad but it wasnt great either. It was a good anime for its time but now its just mediocre.

It only has a cult following thanks to newfags who want to "fit in" and normalfags who think its a good anime to recommend. None of these make it great though.

Plot was shit and filled with asspulls, music was good and animation was great. Too bad the animation aged to shit so the only thing that made it good disappeared
>>
pizza and table masturbation memes were alright, everything else was bad
>>
>>158726451
I don't know but Suzaku was for sure the most obnoxious character I've seen in a long time
>>
>>158726451
Code Geass is a masterpiece. I'm convinced everyone who thinks otherwise last watched it when they were 13 years old and therefore couldn't fully enjoy it.
>>
It was ridiculous enough to enjoy. It was fun to watch it with /a/ back then.
>>
>>158729779
>muh animation
>calls others normalfags
Also these days newfags try to fit in by calling it shit/trainwreck.
>>
>>158726451
>Was Code Geass ever actually good
yes

R2 was kind of meme, but its entertainment value cannot be denied
>>
File: Mao-8.jpg (582KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mao-8.jpg
582KB, 1920x1080px
>>158729739
>Mao gets shot a hundred times by the police
>survives due to the miracle of Britannian medicine
>Euphey gets shot once by a ceramic needle gun
>gets the absolute best medical care on the planet
>dies
This bothers me to this day
>>
>>158729947
Getting shot through the heart isn't the same as getting shot in some muscles.
>>
File: Oh Shit Nigger.jpg (20KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
Oh Shit Nigger.jpg
20KB, 366x380px
>>158729947
>"Haha! No really, if I were to order you to, oh I dunno, 'kill all Japanese people', you'd have no choice but to do it!"
>Mfw her eyes shift
It was the most retarded twist but god damn if the following results weren't great.
>>
>>158729447
Anyone have the chess screencap? I need it right now.
>>
>>158729356
Except that's definitely not true.
Regardless I enjoyed CG for what it was even if everything about the 2nd half of R2 was a massive trainwreck outside of the ending
>>
File: 1343446490458.jpg (495KB, 800x1113px) Image search: [Google]
1343446490458.jpg
495KB, 800x1113px
Went for Kallen

Stayed for C2
>>
>>158726451
First season is great, second season is meh with a few highlights.
>>
It's simply amazing
>>
>>158726451
Code Geass was pretty good overall. The fact it also blew up in terms of memes was just a bonus.
>>
>>158726577
I like CLAMP's artwork and noodle people in general (love One Piece's way of drawing women too).
>>
>>158729531
>trainwreck
Can't be one if the train doesn't crash. It did jump through the air before landing though.
>>
>>158729582
Depends. Death Note was more realistic in its setting and mind games, if that's what you want to see, but I'd easily argue Lelouch was a better protagonist and his Geass made for more entertaining scenarios, even if they were removed from reality.
>>
>>158729779
People consider Jojo great and half of that show/manga is also asspulls or people overly explaining stuff to try and not make things come across like asspulls after they happen, so this isn't uncommon.
>>
>>158729582
I can't take anyone seriously who thinks Death Note is better than Code Geass. It's objectively better. Did Death Note get a sequel?
>>
>>158729947
Most of the bullets never physically hit Mao. You can pause the video and check.

It's also not impossible for some people to survive multiple gunshots while others die in one hit. That happens in real life too. Just rarely. I imagine you haven't looked at stuff like this

One Bullet Can Kill, but Sometimes 20 Don’t, Survivors Show

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/03/nyregion/03shot.html
>>
>>158735442
>It's also not impossible for some people to survive multiple gunshots
In May 2000 50 Cent was shot nine times
>>
Just finished it. Is the consensus here that Lelouch survived? Cause that final scene sure as hell implied it
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.