[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever watched anime with your dad? How was it?.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: Tomoya's dad.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tomoya's dad.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
Have you ever watched anime with your dad?

How was it?.
>>
He looked at me and asked me if I really spend so much time watching "that".
He didn't say anything bad explicitly.
>>
I've never seen my dad.
>>
>>158689921
We have a very similar taste in anime but unfortunately he's a dubfag.
>>
>>158689960
tough shit tyrone
>>
We saw Kaze Tachinu together. He liked it because of the slide rule.
>>
>>158689921
No because my dad is an asshole who doesn't care about me. He even forgot my birthday.
>>
Watched FMA 2003 with him. He liked to the point of recording it in VHS tapes.
>>
I'd almost think he'd actually like Monster.
>>
>>158689921
He likes anything involving big machines.
We've watched the TTGL movies, Rebuilds, Gunbuster/Diebuster and GuP.
He had the most fun watching GuP.
>>
>>158689921
Yeah he showed me Kikis Delivery Service when I was around 4 years old and then we watched spirited away when it got popular. He watched death note with my insufferable autist of a brother and liked it quite a bit.
>>
>>158689921
No, but I watched Kimi No Na Wa with my mum.
She said it was ok.
>>
>>158689921
He watches Dragon Ball Super without me.
>>
>>158689921

I went to watch the movie with my father because you guys hyped it so much, I wanted to make him participate in my hobby for once.

5 minutes into the movie and the boy waking up as a girl fondled his breasts. I turned my face to the right to watch my father's reaction. He had this really sad and disappointed look on his face and asked me: "Why did you take me to watch one of those hentais of yours?".

He then proceeded to stand up and left the theatre. I couldn't even concentrate for the rest of the movie, shaken as I was by the feelings of shame.

So, thank you very much guys for making my relationship with my father ever worse than it already was.
>>
>>158689921
We went to watch Spirited Away when it was released, was fun time. Occasional other movies that I can't put my finger on just now. He's never gotten interested in any series though. Haven't tried to pitch any either, he's more of a movie watching guy.
>>
He used to watch YYH and Bleach with me when I was young. Little by little I showed him more anime. Started by watching with him most Ghibli movies. I also showed him Jojo, One Punch Man and HxH, and he enjoyed them all.
>>
>>158690158

Watched with my mom, she liked it too.
>>
File: old man yells at cloud.jpg (6KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
old man yells at cloud.jpg
6KB, 200x150px
>>158689921
My mother got me into mecha stuff, but while she was into the more obscure stuff I stuck to the main staples for western kids, robotech (yeah I know burn harmony gold etc) and transformers.

Dad sees it all as kids stuff, from the most artistic to the most bloody, if its drawn its for kids, pic related accurate depiction of him, he also hates cgi, swearing and people in suits, monster suits so nothing fun can be watched with him
>>
>>158690347
>and he enjoyed them all.
Pleb son, pleb father.
>>
>>158689921
my ass still stings :(
>>
File: vr-sex-suit-sexy-beach.jpg (52KB, 800x370px) Image search: [Google]
vr-sex-suit-sexy-beach.jpg
52KB, 800x370px
>>158689921
Don't really see my dad much but I know he's started watching anime more because of netflix. At our christmas get together he was telling my sister (who has no interest in anime) about gunslinger girls. And recently we all went out for a family meal and most of the conversation was asking my sisters boyfriend about what kind of anime/manga hes been into recently, (sisters boyfriend only really has a passing interest in it too). She also told me pic related appeared on her facebook feed as something he'd liked too. I wonder how deep he'll go. The only time we've really talked about anime was when I bought him redline on dvd
>>
>>158689921
Mostly action shows, he like the Big Three.
>>
>>158689921
We watched Usagi drop together.
>>
>>158689921
HxH (1999), ruroni kenshi, dbz, maruko, doraemon, shinchan, naruto. also last air bender if it count... he hates digimon since it aired the same time as weekly boxing
>>
>>158689921
I used to watch Gatekeepers with my dad when I was younger. And more recently, I watched an episode of Prisma Illya with my mom. She thought it was cute.
>>
>>158689960
~20 years counting.
>>
File: 1447884458917.jpg (302KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1447884458917.jpg
302KB, 1800x1800px
Dragonball and he loved it of course.
>>
>>158689921
The only ones I recall watching together with him would be Dragon Ball Z and a few episodes of Pokemon.
He was amused by neither of them.
>>
>>158689921
When Evangelion was on TV, my dad watched a few episodes of it. He thought it was interesting, but it wasn't really his cup of tea.
>>
File: IMG_5482.jpg (384KB, 1688x617px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5482.jpg
384KB, 1688x617px
I showed my dad dragon half back in the day. He loved it.

He also greatly enjoyed my neighbours the Yamadas.

He didn't much care for other shit I showed him.
>>
>>158690380
>Are ya winnin', son?
>>
Death Note, Claymore and Lain. He lost interest in everything else after Lain.
>>
my dad can read moon
he hates dbz, nurutu, etc
it's like he's a sensible /a/non
>>
>>158689921
pretty cringy. My dad was a boomer afterall
>>
I showed my mother some anime like Madoka, Mawaru Penguindrum...

She really liked Madoka, she even got emotional at the end on the edge of crying.
>>
>>158689921
I had him watch a Detective Conan episode with me because I was too scared.
>>
my father used to be a total anime freak in late 80s till he met my mom. He used to like mecha stuff and we watched speed racer, slayers, inuyasha and FMA.
Then, loli/moe anime started to get popular and he lost interest on it.
>>
>>158689921
Naruto Part 1:Konoha Crush Arc
He enjoyed watching though. Maybe because it was old guy vs old guys.
>>
>>158691337
>in late 80s till he met my mom
Underage b& get out.
>>
File: 1484508376867.png (10KB, 471x576px) Image search: [Google]
1484508376867.png
10KB, 471x576px
>actually having your parents participate in your interests

How do you guys do it? My parents always make fun of me for still watching anime and cartoons.
>>
>>158691556
Having parents that aren't closed-minded idiots helps.
>>
>>158689921
We watched Zabuza arc together. He liked it, I guess. Thank god he never watched the rest.
>>
Fuck no. I have a hard time talking about Anime with friends that know that I'm watching this stuff. My parents are dissapointed in me as it is no need to keep pushing it.
>>
File: mpv-shot0007.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0007.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>dad walks in
>>
I haven't watched anime with my dad since he dropped Naruto during filler hell, but I watch anime on a near-regular basis with his brother every Friday.
>>
One day my dad watched Kill la Kill with me. It was the tournament arc and he liked it
>>
>>158691579
>parents are closed minded idiots for not wanting to watch Japanese cartoons with their Manchild of a son.

Really makes you think
>>
my dad is a normie and hates anime
>>
no, too embarrassed
might be okay if it was something pretty that was dubbed though like bebop
>>
I went with him to see the 3rd Pokemon Movie
>>
>>158689921
He liked the animation, it reminded him of the time he visited Tokyo but otherwise still thinks it's immature bullshit. (((Cartoon)))
>>
If you are a functioning human being no one gives a fuck if you watch anime.

If you're all the time in your room watching little girls anime people will obvioulsy start judging you.
>>
No, but I watched Clannad with my mom. She really liked it and cried in After Story.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.