[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Koe no Katachi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

Slowpoke who finally managed to watch the movie at last.

Not sure if its objectively has qualifications to be "better" than Your Name - but for me it absolutely has better value.

Your Name was great and both looked superb, made one feel and had right culmination being overall perfectly crafted movie: but it was essentially a simple Summer Flick.

Meanwhile Koe no Katachi is first anime that i can compare to one of my favorite movies of all time Beijing Bicycle.

Best KyoAni work so far? Disappearance was great, but there is difference in thematic and depth.

Additionally KnK was much more "cinematic" than Your Name. As Your Name is pretty much formulaic hollywood like perfect formula, everything about KnK is on other side reminiscent of more artistic movies and signature directors.

Storytelling wise it also wins, since it neither "shows" nor "tells" - it vaguelly hints everything, not telling viewer how to react, think and feel.

Manga story might be not perfect and it somewhat reflects in movie, but the quality of the movie itself is excellent, worth every minute (and its quite long).

Since of this year, KyoAni is KinoAni instead -focusing on movies for 2017 and 2018 and seeing the results of their work i can only look forward to it with excitement.
>>
Is Yamada the Sofia Coppola of anime?
>>
>>158620582
The movie is shit, as in almost all cases read the manga instead.
>>
>>158620582
Well I basically agree with you anon. But reading KnK manga after having watched the movie and then rewatch the movie makes it look a bit incomplete. I agree both it and Your Name are beautiful (watched both three times in a few weeks, would love to find something similar)
>>
>>158620582
>Not sure if its objectively has qualifications to be "better" than Your Name
No arbitrary amnesia, no random time travel and no plot holes. So yeah, it's easily a better movie than your name.
>>
>>158620582
>Calling Koe no katachi by its japanese name and Your name by its english name

Nigga what are you doing.
>>
>>158622165
Please learn to be objective, even if you read the manga first the movie is clearly superior
>>
>>158622664
Enjoyment isn't objective.
>>
>>158620582
>why

>do

>you

>type

>liek

>this?

just use one break for sentences and double breaks for paragraph
>>
I agree with you. Koe no Katachi is much more non conventional, I wouldn't call it arthouse, but it definitly doesn't feels like a hollywood flick. God bless Yamada
Kimi no na Wa is fast food, looks good and is easy to digest, but it isn't a meal you'll remember.
>>
File: tertdsfgdfg.png (240KB, 629x421px) Image search: [Google]
tertdsfgdfg.png
240KB, 629x421px
>>158622733

Wasted dubs. Please stop spreading memespacing complaints.
>>
>>158623054
but it's hard to read
>>
>>158620582
>objectively
Nigga of you like it more than your name then it's a better movie than your name to you. There is no way to judge any art objectively and it's 100% subjective. Don't need to justify you enjoying something.
>>
Koe no Katachi=Film
Kimi no na Wa=Flick
>>
>>158623180
This
>>
File: 1495145029717.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495145029717.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
>>158620582
>GOBENAZAI GOBENAZAI GOBENAZAI
><Insert Bullying>
><<sudoku attempt>>
><Insert More Bullying>
><<sudoku attempt>>
><Insert More Bullying>
><<sudoku attempt>>
>30 mins DOGEZA
><Insert More Bullying>
><<sudoku attempt>>
not even friendly negro saved this for me
>>
>>158620582
Not as good as the first digimon movie tho
>>
>>158620582
Manga and the movie are both trash. Terrible open ended romance
>>
>>158627650
This is one complaint I don't get. The entire theme was them moving forward with life. At the ending they're finally at a stage where dating each other wouldn't be awkward, but could still be friends with no detriment to the story.
>>
>>158620582
>that spacing
>objectively "bteter"
>Summer Flick
>Kino
>all these Hllywood/arthouse comparisons
Fuck off back to /tv/, you goddamn newfag.
>>
Watch the movie or read the manga first? I've heard I should read the first volume first so I can get the story of when they're kids since the movie glosses over it.
>>
I haven't been on /a/ much all this year due to work, so I'm happy to see a well written opinion on this that I agree with.
>>
>>158631099
Manga first fully
>>
>>158620582
Huh? What does it matter which one is better?
>>
File: 1495448457145.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495448457145.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
>>158631099
If you don't want to hate the movie watch that first then read the manga.
Reading the first volume before the movie might be a good idea, but the movie glosses over a lot of things even after the childhood arc.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.