[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm pretty new to anime and just saw all of pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: kill la kill.jpg (879KB, 1000x1426px) Image search: [Google]
kill la kill.jpg
879KB, 1000x1426px
I'm pretty new to anime and just saw all of pic related for the first time and, well, damn.

What was this board like when it was new and airing?
>>
>>158593952
The same.
>>
>>158594536
i mean as far as discussions about the show were
>>
it was pretty fun actually
>>
>>158594870
ass vs. tits
>>
>>158594912
Which of the two main girls are classified as ass vs tits?
>>
>>158594972
Ryuko - ass

Satsuki - tits
>>
kill la kill is reddit
>>
>>158594998
it's the other way around did you even watch it?
mako says they're bigger
>>
>>158595308
just compare any shot that has both of them in their kamui's. Satsuki has bigger tits.
>>
>>158594870
Lot of speculation that ended up going nowhere. Someone also compiled a list of all the references but ended up quitting. Anybody still have a working link to that?
>>
/a/ fucking hated it, even when it ended, it took the board some good time to warm up to it.
>>
File: The war.png (2MB, 1071x5000px) Image search: [Google]
The war.png
2MB, 1071x5000px
>>158595402
Consistency is Trigger's weakest/least focused on attribute by their own admission. Junketsu was a push up Kamui, Ryuko's normal bra is multiple cup sizes to small mashing tit flesh out the bottom like a ghetto sports bra to keep the girls in place, and in the transformation sequences they are frame by frame dead pixal perfect equal with Ryuko's free hanging heavy mams.

It's the deadest of dead horse discussions.
>>
this show introduces at least one unanswered glaring plot hole nearly every episode and im not even kidding
>>
fun
>>
>that god tier episodes 1-9
>that absolute shit-tier episodes 10-25

why did the writers lose such narrative focus? the entire premise is based on the Academy and the High School themes/gags but for nearly 2/3 of the show they arent even in the fucking school
>>
it was fun during that time, tons of shitposting and mountains of salt for days.
>>
Barely related but in Ep. 4, does this shit sample Danganronpa 2? Or do they just sample the same thing|?
>>
>>158593952
I stopped going to the threads about a month in. Good decision too, they got even more embarrassing than before.
>>
>>158593952
Still remember when we memed Kaneo enough for him to show up again.
>>
>>158595539
Anyone have a full size pic of Satsuki's ass in this collage for historian analysis
>>
>>158595461
Predictions made during the first episode stream
>they're sisters
>Satsuki didn't do it
>Satsuki is the actual good guy
>the last fight will be in space
>Ryuuko's red hair is life fibres
>the school is a robot
>the full theme will have rap in it like TTGL
>life fibres are people
>in the last fight Ryuuko will wear an outfit made with all the stars/fibres
>Mako will get a goku uniform and fight Ryuuko
>it's called Honnoji so there's going to be a big betrayal at some point
>the 3 stars are based on the four monkeys (see/hear/speak/do no evil)
>Ryuuko will loose Senketsu
>Senketsu opening/getting back his eye will be a powerup later on

And later we had things like 'character x is part of/will join nudist beach', 'Nui is a life fibre doll', 'Nui will merge with the OLF', 'COVERS is Third Impact', 'electric shamisen intensifies' and I think it says a lot about this series out of all the stupid and contrived predictions people made only one was ever wrong.
>>
>>158596850
>Senketsu opening/getting back his eye will be a powerup later on

I forgot, was there a reason why his eye was missing in the first place? I just remember him getting two eyes when Ryuko goes super saiyan in the last episode. Did it make him any weaker because he didn't have it?
>>
File: kill la kill game.gif (2MB, 540x346px) Image search: [Google]
kill la kill game.gif
2MB, 540x346px
>>158593952
Why is this anime so comfy?

I can pop in any episode and have a great time.
>>
>>158595530
Some fucking historical revisionism going on here.
>>
>>158596880
Like some other background details it was a Diebuster reference, but also because Ryuuko's da had one.
>>
File: asdfasdfadfasdfasdf.png (375KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdfadfasdfasdf.png
375KB, 500x493px
the board is actually the same

if you want to know, when the show's predecessor, gurren lagaan was airing, this board was just past it's peak
>>
Did I make a mistake watching KLK before TTGL?

TTGL just tries so hard to be masculine and just too over-the-top without any substance to it. For all of KLK's flaws, it is way more enjoyable in the beginning, middle, and end.
>>
>>158593952
It was full of people new to anime spamming really stupid shit non-stop.
>>
>>158597606
Your mistake is feeling the need to directly compare the two.
>>
>>158597808
to ignore the need to compare two similar things is to ignore being human.
>>
File: 1395153272518.jpg (727KB, 1462x1677px) Image search: [Google]
1395153272518.jpg
727KB, 1462x1677px
/a/ had 24/7 threads for each girl on top of regular discussion threads. At any one time there were 6-7 active threads up with hundreds of posts and this lasted even for months after it finished airing and only stopped because mods just started deleting threads.
>>
>>158598072
its so weird to think about Satsuki and Ryuko having normal lives in the normal world after the series. I mean I'm pretty sure Satsuki either killed that kid who stole the Goku uniform in the first episode or directly gave the order for him to get the death penalty.

She literally thinks the average person is a pig who's only reason to exist is to live under her rule.

She has the 'no-tardy' day where you have to go through a bunch of bloody and murderous traps that could easily kill you and if you do end up tardy? you get expelled and your family which already lives in the slums gets evicted and you become homeless.

The battle royale where she encouraged people to fight to the death to have a chance to get a 3 star uniform.

i mean yeah its a fucking anime but they could have at least said the rest of the world besides Japan blew up due to a life fiber explosion before the show.
>>
>>158598324
Anon, it's not real
>>
File: 1496310931666.jpg (453KB, 656x732px) Image search: [Google]
1496310931666.jpg
453KB, 656x732px
>>158593952
Trigger has saved anime
>>
>>158598444
What's your point? Satsuki, Ryuko, and Mako go on a date in the finale in the city that Satsuki completely controls, to walk around with people that she would have had kiss the ground she walked on a few months ago.

The Elite 4 go to college to have a normal life when they were trying to kill Ryuko in combat 12 episodes ago, are superhuman even without their goku uniforms, and fought a month long war against sentient clothing.

Hell she even gets pissed at Takarada for taking advantage of Osaka when she does the exact same thing but worse at Honnoji. And her raid contributes to the city being leveled.
>>
Kek la kek
>>
>>158593952
It was filled with crossboarders.
>>
>>158597848
Dumbest thing I've read today ...
>>
>>158599044
yes, we know you're a subhuman.
>>
>>158593952
It was one of the few anime that could completely capture the boards attention. It was also hyped as the savior of anime for the weeks before it even aired.

If the new Imaishi mecha anime is any good you'll know what it was like soon
>>
All i remember is the episode where Satsuki stabs her mom in the back /a/ exploded with multiple 2 thousand posts threads or some crazy amount of posts, they got sticked.
>>
File: 1487024606905.jpg (236KB, 1512x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1487024606905.jpg
236KB, 1512x2048px
>>158593952
It was board destroying bullshit, but not quite on the level of Geass. Lots of fun though
>>
>>158595992
The show is about how cloting affects identity in society. The school stuff was just a decoy to lul you into a sense of familiarity.
>>
>klk was almost 4 years ago
where did the time go
>>
>>158593952
The weekly threads were a glorious trainwreck.
>>
File: imaishiend.jpg (149KB, 632x1074px) Image search: [Google]
imaishiend.jpg
149KB, 632x1074px
>>158597808
The shows are outrageously similar, just what you'd expect from the master.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.