[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got the itch to reread Negima after all these years and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: everybody350_9713.jpg (60KB, 350x254px) Image search: [Google]
everybody350_9713.jpg
60KB, 350x254px
Just got the itch to reread Negima after all these years and I got physical copies of the official translation super cheap. Anyone know how the translation holds up before I dive in? I read a few chapters and I can definitely tell its different but Im not sure if Im dealing with just a more accurate translation or a localization. Also Asuna is best girl
>>
File: Asuna_Kagurazaka.png (450KB, 666x993px) Image search: [Google]
Asuna_Kagurazaka.png
450KB, 666x993px
Bump
>>
The earlier Del-ray volumes were readable but had some cases where they flat out seemed to make shit up. I think the Kodansha retranslated versions might be okay.
>>
>>158583991
I see, I'll have to look over what I have then. I dont necessarily mind reading it digitally again but having physical copies for once sounded nice.
>>
>>158584099
I'm pretty sure that when Kodansha took over the english publishing they also went back and redid the earlier volumes.
>>
>>158584152
So basically if I have a complete set that should mean its Kodansha by default right?
>>
>>158584197
Yes.
>>
>>158584197
Even if you can't get the Kodansha volumes, the del-ray ones are not bad, there's just a few cases where they flat out changed some text for no discernable reason.
>>
The omnibuses have the best translations.
>>
File: MSN_v01_c03_108.jpg (129KB, 728x1114px) Image search: [Google]
MSN_v01_c03_108.jpg
129KB, 728x1114px
>>158584218
Good to know thanks
>>158584262
I was just concerned because little things like when the fan translation mentioned Negi being 9 because of the whole Kazoe deal but in the official it just drops any cultural reference. Nothing major but I didnt know how much it was changing over the course of hundreds of chapters.
>>
>>158584467
I see thats kodansha, but isnt it the same translation they used for any other release format?
>>
>>158584546
In the delray version, he said he was "in his 10th year".

Sure it loses the cultural aspect, but overall the meaning is the same and the omission doesn't really hurt that much. They did have a pretty huge index at the back of each volume with all the cultural references, which makes it strange that this one was omitted.
>>
>>158584658
Yeah that ones not a big deal I just noticed it since it happens so early on.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.