[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that the best animated and produced television are all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Doppio.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Doppio.png
2MB, 1366x768px
Reminder that the best animated and produced television are all recent. Name one TV show from before 2000 than can compete with these production wise:
>Nichijou
>Dennou Coil
>Space Dandy
>Hyouka
>Gurren Lagann
>Mob Psycho 100
>K-On!!
>>
>>158574245
Why is Gurren Lagann there?
>>
>>158574245
I've never seen K-On S2 but given how KyoAnus lickers love to over exaggerate and how bad to mediocre S1 looked I doubt it was anything note worthy.
>>
I know it's bait but there's the risk that someone will believe op.
>>
>>158574245
Bebop
>>
>>158574407
Isn't really bait, though. There are only a handful of pre 2000 shows that can be considered good and most of them are way too drawn out. Perfect examples would be Maison Ikkoku, Ashira no Joe, the original Maccross, GaoGaiGar, Kodomo, Touch, Lupin just to name a few. Then you have truckloads that simply are dog shit, like almost all Gundam shows outside of Zeta Gundam, Gunbuster, Slayers, City Hunter. What good shows were there really? NGE, Bebop, Lain maybe, FutureBoy Conan, Zeta Gundam and thats basically it. Some movies, but most of them are fairly overrated.
>>
>>158574788
>There are only a handful of pre 2000 shows that can be considered good
What an interesting opinion. I'm sure you're a regular anime expert with literally a 10 pre-2000 anime watched, right? The only shit you listed a couple of classics and a few shit shows that were overhyped by Americans. This may shock you but there's actually much more out there.
>>
>>158574788
>Gundam shows outside of Zeta Gundam,

The original Gundam was the best Gundam. Art might be a little too old school now, but everything other than the vintage art makes it the best of the franchise.
>>
>>158574245
>Mob Psycho 100
What? Even OPM had more passionate animators and big names working on it and it still doesn't compare to the others in your list.
>>
>>158575132
Considering the fact that I already listed more than 10 I am pretty sure its a few more. Youre entitled to your opinion, but it doesnt change the fact that most shows pre 2000 are just as shit as most shows are since 2000. Thats simply how it is. The average show back then wasn't any better than what we have now, there simply were certain genres that weren even really turned into anime. I am not surprised that you arent able to list any of those supposed pre 2000 masterpieces, though. They dont really exist after all (out side of the ones already listed). And please dont list a bunch of movies now.
>>
Gurren Lagan and Keion were very average.
>>
There were plenty of great series pre 2000's.

Off the top of my head:
Golden Boy
Tench Muyo
Nadesco
Fist of the North Star
Ranma
Flames of Recca

Art styles, and production techniques have improved, but pre 2000's anime weren't compete shit.
>>
>>158575396
What about High School's Seven Mysteries, the legendary series which caused a horror boom in Japan? What about the legendary series which is still referenced in modern anime Star of the Giants? If you want to keep begging for recs please go do so on >>>/wsr/
>>
>>158575663
>if you want recs
I guess this settles it then. Pre 2000 anime was just as shit as anime is since 2000. Only difference is that theres more good stuff nowadays, due to the huge influx of shows per season.
>>
Space Adventure Cobra, Future Boy Conan, Cowboy Bebop
>>
File: smug yuri.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
smug yuri.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>158574245
You're cute. Nice rec thread by the way.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.