[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is R2 such a cluster fuck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: lulu.jpg (187KB, 1272x718px) Image search: [Google]
lulu.jpg
187KB, 1272x718px
I've never seen such a cluster fuck of a anime.

It goes from bad to ok to horrible to ok to laughably horrible to good to complete shit.

I liked season 1 even though it had a lot of problems...but this...I just can't say this is a good anime.

I always see people rave about how R2 is a great end to Code Geass...what are you guys smoking?
>>
>>158535829
You type like a fag OP.
>>
>>158535829
>laughably horrible to good to complete shit.

The ending of R2, back when we assumed Lelouche died, was considered to be a great ending by /a/. You're either being disingenuous or have shit taste.
>>
>>158535829
Unexpected popularity and timeslot change for R2
>>
>>158535829
R2 is objectively better than R1.
It has better plot, better overall enjoyment, better character development, deeper philosophical themes, and zero fillers.
>"BUT MUH *insert silly scene that last for literally 2 seconds at best*!!!"
Oh wow how will we ever recover from that.
>>
>>158537627
Fucking this
R1 especially was a chore, starting from when the black knights are announced until Euphinator when it gets interesting again
>>
>>158535829
pacing and bad decisions
>>
>>158535829
Why do you put a blankline after every sentence?
Don't tell me you think it makes it easier to read, cause it's the exact opposite.
It makes your post look retarded.
>>
>>158539305
I'm not that anon, but that's the style of typing I've adopted on 4chan over the years, it's always seemed to work for me. It's not about readability.

It's just the way I type, to my it helps organize the threads of thought in a post.

Meanwhile, OP you're a moron. R2 was quality and you're just being contrarian. Geass is second only to Evangelion in terms of true depth and substance of story and presentation.
>>
>>158539555
That kind of style never was a 4chan thing though, at least not when it's a per sentence thing, it's only been coming up rather recently.
>>
>>158539802
I literally don't know what to tell you. I developed that style of typing by posting on 4chan in all the years I've been here.

I can't speak for anyone else, and don't care about them, just a personal thing.

Maybe I was the one who popularized it :O
>>
>>158539830
>:O
You can stop the pretense now and go back to whatever shithole you came from, no way in hell would someone who's been here for 'years' end his post with that.
>>
File: geass chapel.jpg (117KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
geass chapel.jpg
117KB, 600x800px
>>158535829
I thought season two had a lot of genuinely good moments, but there were so many potentially interesting characters that are barely touched upon that I can't help but feel like they had two more seasons planned but crammed it into one.

Like Lelouch's ninja maid, and the Knights of the Round, and the rest of the royal family, and the role of the Chinese Federation. It feels like so much to juggle for what time they had.
>>
File: 1497468355938.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1497468355938.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>158539928
Hehehe you're too easy anon.

I know it might actually blow you away, but I've spent the majority of my internet life on 4chan. I think you're just a little sensitive >:D
>>
>>158539986
>I was merely pretending to be retarded
>>>/v/
>>
>>158539830
>>158539986
>pretending to be retarded in a Code Geass thread

It's like it's really 2008 again.
>>
>>158535829
>Worst parts if R1
>Mao arc
>The table rapist
>SoL shit
>Lelouche didn't pound the pizza pussy

>Worst parts of R2
>Rollo
>More SoL shit
>Asspulls more insane than the first season
>Checkmate.jpg
>Significantly less Cornelia
>Charles was trying to help all along goys
>It's magic ain't gotta explain shit
>Knightmares went from kind of cool utilitarian looking to generic shiny mecha real fuckin fast
>Everyone can fly
>C2 gets turned into a slave potato
>Everyone has nukes
>LELOUCH WAS EVIL ALL ALONG LOOK AT THESE OUT OF CONTEXT VOICE SAMPLES
>Lolis rule the world
>Suzaku does complete 180 for no reason
>Somehow the whole world doesn't know about geass after seeing lelouch use it on an address to his entire new empire
>Muh knight of Zero
>Not wanting to die makes your machine better and lets you beat someone who can literally predict the future
At least there was more COLOR OF LOYALTY in R2
>>
>>158540184
Oh right and the events leading up to shirley's death were retarded
>>
It's a trainwreck, but that is what makes it so entertaining.
>>
>>158535829
Of course it's inconsistent. It suffered of a timeslot change and the plot had to be rewritten several times on the go. But that only made it more fun to watch. If you missed it on /a/, you really missed something. It was such an incredible ride, every week something unexpected happened, sometimes it was retarded, sometimes it was amazing, but that was part of the fun. I don't recomend marathoning the whole thing, at least not alone. Gather some friends and have some fun. Give yourself a little time to expect something and let it be blown away by the randomness of R2.
>>
>>158540184
R1 had fucking nothing happen for a shitload of time
R2 was very fast paced and had constant twists and turns
>>
>>158540525
>If you missed it on /a/, you really missed something
Please summarize the reaction to Schneizel and Zero playing chess.
>>
So random plot twists and asspulls make it better than R1?

Never change /a/
>>
People who call R2 a train wreck are wrong.
>>
File: very_melon.jpg (38KB, 641x448px) Image search: [Google]
very_melon.jpg
38KB, 641x448px
I'm anxious about season 3. No matter how good or bad the earlier seasons were, it was still a beautiful mess. And it ended strong.
>>
>>158536042
>we assumed Lelouche died

Speak for yourself
>>
Because Okouchi always writes asspull-ridden clusterfucks that are entertaining to watch despite how flawed the writing is, he did it again with Guilty Crown and Kabaneri.
>>
>>158540450
I don't understand
>>
File: lots of anime.png (11KB, 533x158px) Image search: [Google]
lots of anime.png
11KB, 533x158px
>>158535829
>I've never seen such a cluster fuck of a anime.

You sound like you watch a lot of anime. Like a LOT of fucking anime.
>>
File: 1368243381279.png (11KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1368243381279.png
11KB, 560x407px
>>158539305
I've seen some people say it's a reddit thing. I don't know if that's true or not.
>>
>>158544953
It's not
>>
>>158539984
Look if we are talking about giving the side characters some screen time, then I wouldn't mind an Orange arc.
>>
>>158544878
Yeah, I'm sure you do as well anon-kun. ;)
>>
>>158535829

The main reason is that they had to throw out a lot of what they had planned because they got moved from a late night time slot to prime time, so they had to write the show under the assumption that the audience didn't necessarily see the first season.
>>
>>158535829
Fully agree.

R2 was absolutely horrible if you look at it impartially. It's an absolute trainwreck with huge asspulls that keeps the plot moving by slamming yet another train into that trainwreck. R1 was still okay.

R2 was simply enjoyed at the time as it was simply a "thrills in the moment" ride rather than a coherent work. Anyone who rewatches R2 should see how much of a mess it is, or they're just plebby.
>>
>>158544953
I think its to break up ideas instead of having one huge paragraph.
>>
>>158540572
Its called pacing, mouth breather. Sorry if you can't sit still and watch something happen and you need flashing lights in front of you all day.
>>
File: 1497200866030.jpg (52KB, 604x586px) Image search: [Google]
1497200866030.jpg
52KB, 604x586px
>>158540184
> Significantly less Cornelia

How is this a bad thing again?
>>
>>158547292
really
>>
File: 1485478166363.png (494KB, 1242x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485478166363.png
494KB, 1242x1080px
>>158547292
Seriously?
>>
The end of the last episode felt extremely rushed.
>>
>>158535829
dude, R2 has a vishnu tier end. go fuck your mom
>>
>>158547902
That cat episode was your favorite uh?
>>
>>158535880
So do you
>>
>>158535829
So you have seen very little anime then.

R2 does have some messy parts, but as an entire anime it's surprisingly easy to parse.

If you haven't seen more troublesome stuff than anything in Code Geass then you really have not enough experience.

Furthermore, the show does end on a good note, not "complete shit" so that's wrong too.
>>
>>158535829
One, Lelouch is a good protagonist. Two, there are plenty of good episodes or scenes throughout the season. Three, the ending itself ties together anywhere between 2 to 5 important things very well, even if you assume Lelouch was immortal. Four, the music is great.
>>
>>158540184
Rollo is actually a pretty OK character and he gets a small arc. Folks just hate him for being a crazy shota.
Nothing in R2 is as insane as the murder at the stadium.
Charles was a selfish bastard. Having good intentions doesn't change that his methods were bullshit. Lelouch calls him out on this.
Knightmares are like any other mecha in this day and age.
No, the lolis don't rule the world. It's more complicated than that. Even if they did, child rulers are nothing new and they grow up.
Suzaku's turn makes sense if you paid attention. Almost disgustingly obvious in retrospect.
No, you moron. the machine is better because it's technologically superior. Predicting the future doesn't suddenly allow you to be stronger and faster, so he was doomed.

Christ, low attention span is cancer.
>>
>>158540525
>inconsistent

Actually, it's pretty consistent when you look at the big picture of how the show works. The only thing they rewrote was the beginning of R2, stop buying into stupid speculation. Show's not even that random if your brain knows what is significant and what is just fluff.
>>
>>158542740
Eh, Okouchi didn't write Guilty Crown and Kabaneri was generic zombie movie starring samurais and titans. They foreshadowed a bunch of stuff.
>>
>>158547292
They threw out some specific details early on, but the big idea was always the same thing
>>
>>158547719
>Uses the term "impartial" and yet immediately says biased and subjective shit

Not to mention that R2 is pretty coherent even at its worst. Everything crazy has a purpose, regardless of whether it's made obvious one episode or five episodes later.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.