[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jotaro Vs Dio - JoJo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

This scene looks totally retarded, did all those years of Dragon Ball ruin it for me?
>>
Akari is a shit writer what do you expect?
>>
File: 1496430014836.jpg (23KB, 431x394px) Image search: [Google]
1496430014836.jpg
23KB, 431x394px
>>158528656
>Akari
>Akira
>Araki
>>
>>158528502
See, I saw it in the manga as them just jumping really high, and the transition is left vague.

Them literally going for DBZ style flight was the dumbest stylistic choice they made
>>
>>158528502
The auras ruined that fight for me, and almost ruined all the part 4 fights.
I really wish they didn't include them, but Araki did so they really didn't have much of a choice.
>>
>>158528502
>This scene looks totally retarded
That's the point.
>>
File: ro.jpg (12KB, 160x136px) Image search: [Google]
ro.jpg
12KB, 160x136px
>>158528502
Jotaro vs Dio is probably the most disappointing fight of all time. Nothing clever or exciting or interesting happened. I guess the road roller part is memorable because of how goofy it is but other than that the fight is really boring.

When Jojo is boring, you know something's wrong.
>>
>>158528502
>Manga
They are jumping really high and propelling themselves by using their Stands to grab on buildings and other things

>Anime
Fucking DBZ-tier flying
>>
>>158529646

Jotaro stopping his heart was pretty cool imo.

The stuff with magnets was neat too.
>>
>>158529646
Wow it's almost like it is a +20 years old fight or something.
>>
>>158529646
Only thing that bothered me was Dio suddenly being afraid to go anywhere near Jotaro just because he moved his finger a bit during stopped time, but minutes earlier fearlessly engaged Jotaro in a fullblown slugging match.
>>
>>158529732
>it's old so it's okay for it to be bad1!

No. And fights from Part 2 were better than that tryhard DBZ shit.

>>158529699
It was retarded though. Why would Dio who isn't even far from Jotaro not just walk up to him and kill him? Why would he instead puit his ear into the ground when he's close enough already? It's just shitty writing.

Araki should have been a bit more creative with the fight. You would think the final fight of an entire Part involving Dio would be more compelling
>>
I guess this is the right thread, so someone explain the heart on the skull
>>
>>158530138
Dio is just that gay
>>
File: 1428689435-16516511.jpg (62KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1428689435-16516511.jpg
62KB, 599x337px
Iggy 2.0 is fucking creepy and I don't think I can ever re-watch part 3 because of it
>>
>>158530138
Dio is shown in x-ray vision.
Heart is made of metal.
Metal shows up on x-ray pictures.
>>
>>158530046
DIO was afraid because prior to that moment, he believed the stopped time was his, and only his.
Jotaro being able to move shattered that belief, making DIO doubt himself.
You're dumb.
>>
>>158530449
That doesn't make any fucking sense. Dio manhandled Jotaro while Jotaro was able to move freely. Zero danger to him. But then when that zero danger is further reduced into minus danger, he suddenly becomes afraid? The most arrogant character in the story suddenly doubting himself, because the guy who couldn't defeat him before became even less capable of defeating him?
>>
>>158530737
>The most arrogant character
Because he is fucking scared of the Joestars, his defeat before Jonathan traumatized him for life.
>>
>>158529646
Everything that happened in that fight was the coolest thing ever.
Why are you even reading JoJo's?
>>
>>158530737
When they tested their Stands against each other in a punching contest, DIO had no fear because even if Jotaro did something unexpected, he could always stop time. In DIO's mind, Jotaro was not even remotely a threat.
As soon as Jotaro showed he could move in stopped time, DIO's all-encompasing safety net suddenly wasn't so infallible, and Jotaro became the most unpredictable force in the universe to DIO.

DIO knew two things with absolute certainty:
The Joestars are his biggest threat and not to be underestimated, and
The World's stopped time is unbeatable, and inside stopped time DIO rules everything.

All of a sudden that second fact isn't a fact anymore, and the first fact just got reaffirmed ten times over to him. Of course he's terrified. Everything in his life could slip out of his fingers because he can't account for everything Jotaro can do, so he plays it extremely cautiously.
>>
The manga fight is ok but David could have made it a great thing had Part 3 not been a fucking mess. But so far we can ALL agree that the OVA did DIO´s World better.
>>
Yeah the flying was dumb.

>>158530138
>vampire teeth
nice
>>
>>158533018
DIO´s World Anime < DIO´s World OVA < The Mist of Emptiness, Vanilla Ice Anime
>>
File: under The World.jpg (436KB, 793x1081px) Image search: [Google]
under The World.jpg
436KB, 793x1081px
>>158532977
This is a good post.
>>
>>158529646
>implying Jotaro waiting for the last possible moment before dying when he decks DIO with a streetsign isn't pure hype

This fight was really everything but boring
>>
>>158533766
>the fight then turns into an absolute curbstomp in Jotaro's favour for a few minutes
>culminating in him teleporting into the sewer entrance and saying "this place is already taken"
DIO's World was the hypest shit for every moment.
>>
>>158533450
>DIO´s World anime
>QUALITY in DIO the whole thing
>2 entire volumes in like 3 chapters
>DBZ auras
>Jotaro is just flying instead of jumping good
The anime finale was shit and they spent all the budget on minor fights like Alessi, Hol Horse & Boingo and The Wheel (1st season but when Jotaro was burning it had better quality than the entire Dios World arch).
>>
>>158534364
>don't know the difference beweetn ">" and "<"
>>
>>158534486
*between
>>
>>158534364
>>QUALITY in DIO the whole thing
Fair
>>2 entire volumes in like 3 chapters
True, it felt rushed
>>DBZ auras
Those were in the manga though. Are you literally shitting on an adaptation foe doing its job?
>>Jotaro is just flying instead of jumping good
Manga didn't really make it clear enough for a panel-to-panel adaptation. It looks like they're spontaneously flying there. Doesn't help that it literally happened in Part 4.
>>
>>158529732
What does this have to do with anything?
>>
>>158534536
>Those were in the manga though. Are you literally shitting on an adaptation foe doing its job?
Worst mentality for adaptations ever. What works in a medium may not work in others. It's the creator's job to solve this. This is one of the main issues Part 3 has that Part 4 doesn't.
>>
>>158528656
And she has no presence either.
>>
>>158534536
>Those were in the manga though. Are you literally shitting on an adaptation foe doing its job?
Part 4 made them from different colors like blue or green to make it a little less DBZ
>Manga didn't really make it clear enough for a panel-to-panel adaptation. It looks like they're spontaneously flying there
Thats a good point, but the OVA did implement a jump good though.
>Doesn't help that it literally happened in Part 4.
That might have influenced as well but in part 4 was different since it was with RPS kid and that was a goofy and fun moment not the final battle of the arc.
>>158534548
He probably meant that it didnt age well, but at least Road Roller became really iconic.

>>158534486
They are usually the other way around so I got confused.
>>
>>158530189
He looks cute
>>
File: Jojo_10sblbxbnogx_o.jpg (440KB, 1599x1151px) Image search: [Google]
Jojo_10sblbxbnogx_o.jpg
440KB, 1599x1151px
If you guys want to see the fight actually done well, watch the old OVA. The animation is top notch, they made some slight changes to the manga that improved the overall flow of events.

The only flaw is it's not ROODO RORA DA but TANKUU RORI DA.
>>
>>158533018
>OVA
Was the dub any good?
>>
>>158530737
Remember when Jonathon, despite being shot in the fucking neck and bleeding out, defeated DIO, saved Elena, and blew up a ship? DIO knows not to underestimate the Joestars.
>>
>>158535554
I dont remember well enough but the voice acting wasnt that good in neither the sub or dub but I think DIO´s actor in the dub was better. The problem was both voice acting were too serious that felt bland.
>>
>>158533516
>that picture
What if it's true
>>
>>158528656
A surprise
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.