[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will CGI in anime stop being a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

When will CGI in anime stop being a thing?
>>
>>158519704
never
get used to shitty 3d in every series
>>
>>158519704
>When will CGI in anime stop being a thing?
probably never because it's slightly cheaper and easier to make than 2d.
>>
>>158519704
not soon enough
>>
>>158519704
Was I the only one who couldn't tell any character apart in Knights of Sidonia
everyone looked exactly the same.

i enjoyed the show, but fuck
>>
>>158519704
Then the traditional CG would be cheaper and faster then 3D animation.

So ether never, or chinks will take over the anime.
>>
Toei and the guys who did the Blame! movie, Knights of Sidonia and Aijin are ok. As for the rest of Japan? Fucking never.
>>
>>158520469
>Toei
Isn't it funny that the one good thing Toei has made in the last decade is in a medium generally considered cheap shit.
>>
The problem is that they animate with the same level of detail as 2D. 2D approximates three dimensions, but 3D literally IS three dimensions, it's more real, and and when things look more real there's less you can get away with. A simple head turn that looks okay in 2D will look robotic in 3D.
If the animation was closer to life it would be fine--but that takes time, which is something nobody in this industry has. So we're stuck with limited animation mannequins for the time being, but that doesn't mean 3D is intrinsically bad.
>>
>>158519704

I wouldn't have hate 3d so much if it was in 60FPS, but they had to go with fucking 12.
>>
>>158519704
There's literally nothing wrong with CG anime. There's just drastically less 3D shows than 2D, so the bad CG shows stand out more.

I think the bigger CG issue in anime is CG in 2D shows that sticks out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>158519704
Never. Stop watching shows with bad animation.
>>
File: IMG_4523.jpg (154KB, 600x1163px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4523.jpg
154KB, 600x1163px
>>158520639
I mean, this is basically down to 3D being used mostly for budgetary and scheduling. It is possible for 3D anime to look good. Not as good as the best 2D, but a lot better than what we currently get. But that takes time and effort, and that just straight up goes against what they chose 3D for in the first place.

Pic related, just using straight models straight up will end up looking weird as fuck. Requires deformation, tweening, blurring, and all sorts of stuff. Not many studios want to put that much effort into it.
>>
File: thisbitch.gif (3MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
thisbitch.gif
3MB, 540x304px
Someone post that webm of Tsukai in the car from Kado.
>>
File: 1497047737062.png (3MB, 1612x2280px) Image search: [Google]
1497047737062.png
3MB, 1612x2280px
>>158519704
>When will CGI in anime stop being a thing?
Hhehehehe
Cry some more
>>
I'd would love for an animu to look and animate like xrd or the new dragonball game
>>
>tfw new patlabor will use cgi
>>
File: cute.webm (824KB, 418x310px) Image search: [Google]
cute.webm
824KB, 418x310px
What's wrong with CG?
Just because berserk or whatever else you're into looks like ass doesn't mean it's the fault of tech itself and not the hacks who animated it.
>>
>>158520823
I can't believe this cancer got big. Anime is literally dead.
>>
File: 1495483737343.jpg (498KB, 1280x2519px) Image search: [Google]
1495483737343.jpg
498KB, 1280x2519px
2D will always be superior to 3D in the end.

https://a.pomf.cat/qwjfio.mp4
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.