[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we agree that JoJo part 4 was perfect besides these 3 things?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

Can we agree that JoJo part 4 was perfect besides these 3 things?
>Never explain Josuke blatantly getting saved by his future self
>Josuke never uses his powers to heal Okuyasu's dad
>Make a big fuss finding out who Kira is when they could have just used Joseph to find him(I mean for fucks sake the reason Joseph came into town in the first place was to find Akira, did they forget he was there?)
>>
I disagree with that second point. Josuke can repair things that are broken, he can't undo genetic mutation. The real sin is that Tonio couldn't cure him.
>>
>>158514441
Didn't he need to work really hard just to cure his wife of cancer or something? Whatever Okuyasus dad has seems worse.
>>
>>158514441
>he can't undo genetic mutation
His power specifically is restore things to a previous state, not just to repair things. It's completely in his powerset to restore the dad to the state he was in before he had Dio's cells.
>>
>>158514364
The guy looked like what koichi thought he looked like
>>
>>158514979
I don't believe this at all. There is nothing indicating its Koichi's thoughts and not a flashback.
>>
>>158514364
>Josuke getting saved by his future self
Well the thing is when you purposely style yourself to look like somebody else, you're going to end up looking like them.
>>
>>158515140
It looked TOO much like current Josuke to just simply be a case of him modeling himself after him. Not to mention how he was bleeding. I feels like he was supposed to go back in time during the fight with BtD.
>>
>>158515785
Because he got beat up and left out int he middle of nowhere to die.
>>
File: 25909317-1280-720.jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
25909317-1280-720.jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
>>158515036
There's also no indication of Josuke somehow going back in time
Its just a shitty fan fic that got popular for no reason

>>158515785
>Josuke was the only person in history to had a pompadour
>>
>>158516059
Not that anon but I agree with him; that stranger was clearly intended to be a battle-battered Josuke who was sent back in time in middle of one of his fights.
Araki just didn't find a way to put that scene in any of the fights or just discarded the idea.
>>
>>158514364
>Josuke never uses his powers to heal Okuyasu's dad
Keicho literally tells Josuke he can't fix him since there's nothing wrong with him
Its his new normal body
>>
>>158514441
It was stated that Okuyasu's dad was in perfect health despite being a mutant. Tonio wouldn't be able to do anything.
>>
>>158514562
If he restores things to a previous state how come he can fuck objects all up into something they've never been before?
>>
>>158514364
>JoJo part 4 was perfect
>Implying
Look, I liked part 4 a lot, but there was more than 3 things wrong with it, like Joseph (aka one of the best Jojos) being reduced to a senile geezer and doing basically nothing throughout the story, hell there wasn't enough time spent developing his and Josuke's relationship, part of me wanted Joseph to meet Josuke's mom to finally settle things. More development between Kira and Shinobu would've been cute, still really sucks that she was finally happy and now she'll never know what happened to her husband or the man she loved (or thought she loved). Okuyasu was also really cool, not a flaw in the story I just really wish we could've seen more from best bro. It still gets me how much everyone loved Koichi's so much, especially Jotaro. Seeing some more of the side characters would've been nice, I know it sounds stupid but part of me wanted to see Kira eat Tonio's place just for comedic purposes.
>Tonio taking Kira to flavor town.
>>
>>158516059
>for no reason
It looks exactly like josuke in every way possible
>>
>>158516988
Also how would he know that young Josuke was sick without even looking in the car?
>>
>>158516577
I liked the fact that Joseph got old. Joseph already had his time to shine him doing too much would kinda determent to generational theme in JoJo .
>>
>>158516157
>or just discarded the idea.
Its not like he didn't do this often

I feel like every Part has at least one dropped idea or plotpoint
>>
>>158516185
He never said that
>>
>>158517107
Old's fine, I didn't like how he got senile though
>>
>>158516201
Fucking with the restoration
>>
>>158516577
>being reduced to a senile geezer
I don't believe for a second that he was actually senile. I think he knew what he was doing the whole time.
>>
>>158517146
He wasn't senile at all, he was just fucking with everyone.

>Uh shit I'm going to see some bitch I had a fling with and knocked up
>I got it, I'll act senile

I mean, he had really good reflexes dealing with the baby and when he was leaving Morioh he came off as anything but senile.

At least that's what I believe.
>>
>>158516988
That's not Josuke's uniform though.
>>
>>158517269
Agreed
>>
>>158517306
Thats the only part that doesnt look like josuke.
>>
>>158514364
What about Koichi being dead for an hour or two and Josuke bringing him back to life?
I thought Josuke couldn't heal the dead since he couldn't bring his Grandfather back to life.
>>
>>158517378
>What about Koichi being dead for an hour or two and Josuke bringing him back to life?
When the fuck did this happen?
>>
It's not healing something because that's the way Okuyasu's dad is.

That's like saying Josuke can 'heal' old wrinkly skin on an elderly man. Okuyasu's dad is made of Dio's cells. There's nothing really 'wrong' with him so there's nothing to 'fix'.
>>
>>158517424
Would Hamon have put Okuyasu's dad out of his misery?
>>
>>158517460
Seeing as how Hamon is the sun's energy concentrated in one's body and Okuyasu's dad was somehow walking around in daylight, I'd assume no.
>>
>>158517407
During Sheer Heart Attack when Jotaro and Koichi saw Kira for the first time.
>>
>>158517482
Post chapter
>>
>>158517424
Josuke's power isn't healing
>>
>>158516988
Araki's style doesn't really differentiate people with similar builds though, the only differences a reader can make is the clothing worn, and the face or hairstyle.
>>
>>158517482
To be fair, it wasn't really an hour. And I don't think Koichi ever actually died, he was just very very close to it.

Which is bullshit in itself since he had a hole blown through him and sat there on the ground but it is what it is. I thought that having Koichi die there would have been a great addition to part 4 since the only person of note Kira actually killed was fatty.
>>

Its Koichi telling the story, he doesn't know what the pompadour dude looks like so he put Josuke instead when imagining it
>>
>>158517541
See>>158515036
>>
>>158517513
>Crazy Diamond's unique ability is to restore or revert objects or organisms to a previous state in their history through touch.

That's a pretty weird way of putting it. By that logic I suppose Josuke should have been able to revert Okuyasu's dad, but wouldn't that mean he's also able to make people younger?
>>
>>158517576
>but wouldn't that mean he's also able to make people younger?
Probably but he probably never tried it
>>
>implying we're not going to get some dimension jumping bullshit by the time part 8 finishes
>>
>>158514364
>Jojo Part 4 was perfect

I kek'd

It was just dragging the stand of the week thing from Part 3 into the mud, all of the stands it spent time on save for Killer Queen and Heaven's Door were all HIGHLY gimmicky and were worthless and led to shitty confrontations,battles and encounters and the final arc fucking buckled so bad because Araki could definitely tell his Final Boss was too competent for the others to handle.

Oh and Yoshiyages kid or whatever-his-names-was had far too many tendencies that did not suit his age at all. I'd call it the WORST part easy.
>>
>>158517203
>>158517269
Maybe some indication that he was acting, like if he had to fight some jobber stand user and because he's a lot weaker he had to outwit the opponent, no ones around so he can get serious, but as soon as everyone comes to help he's back to his act. That's not even a particularly good way to go about it, but I feel like there's Araki could've done if the whole "Joseph is acting" thing was true. Plus Joseph isn't so much of a troll to almost let everyone die for his prank, well at least not Part 3 Joseph, still best Jojo imo.
>>
>>158517582
Holy shit, then by that logic he could also revert people to a point in which they didn't have a stand.

That would have been pretty useful against the people who had developed stands 10 minutes prior to trying to kill Josuke.
>>
>>158517633
>Oh and Yoshiyages kid or whatever-his-names-was had far too many tendencies that did not suit his age at all

He had FIGHTING SPIRITU, you filthy gaijin.
>>
>>158517460
Possibly? Given that Dio's parasite has permeated throughout his entire body.
>>
>>158517460
>Okuyasu's dad can't be fixed
>Okuyasu can't bring himself to erase his own father
>they grab Josuke's dad and tell him to kill the his father with hamon
>Joseph wheezes for a while and acts confused
>on the inside he's freaking out wondering why the fuck these Japanese kids want him to execute a green blob hiding in an abandoned house's attic that used to be the father of his son's retarded friend
>>
File: diu_color_v11_024.jpg (2MB, 1560x1200px) Image search: [Google]
diu_color_v11_024.jpg
2MB, 1560x1200px
>>158517500
361 and 362
>>
>>158517700
>I have less than a minute until Josuke and Okuyasu arrive
>dead for an hour or two

Pick one.
>>
>>158517633
Yeah, if you really think about it, Kira was so close to winning so many times that it's not even funny. He really should've been able to get away with everything, hell if he just ran away after immediately seeing Josuke by the time Josuke would've caught up bites the dust would've activated and killed him. Or not just using killer queen to turn the house Josuke was in into a bomb leaving and then exploding the fucker. Or the whole thing at the end where Kira just didn't immediately push the trigger and activate bites the dust giving Jotaro time to ora ora him. Really there was a lot of things given Kira's character that he'd reasonably do that was just left out otherwise he'd have won.
>>
>>158517700
wow this art is beautiful. I only started reading at part 5
>>
>>158514364
If maybe Okuyasu gave his brother the electric succ he demanded, it would've been fine, expanded the character a little bit besides being fucking dumb and angry
>>
>>158517819
I hope you're reading the new scans and not the old, shitty scans for part 5.
>>
File: 1409538570945.png (603KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1409538570945.png
603KB, 1280x720px
>>158517733
It's been a year since I read it
>>
>>158517643
Wasn't Josuke able to turn a table back into a pile of wood?
>>
>>158517633
>were all HIGHLY gimmicky
Thats how all stands past part 3 where

Did you even read the manga?
>>
>>158517643
Hell if you want to push that train of thought to the extremes he'd be able to revert someone's brain so they lose their memories.
>>
File: ScaryMonstercolor.png (2MB, 699x828px) Image search: [Google]
ScaryMonstercolor.png
2MB, 699x828px
>>158517643
>Josuke uses crazy diamond on oil
>Turns into dinosaurs
We part 7 now boys
>>
Obviously Josuke doesn't revert people or else Koichi never would have had Echoes. He just "fixed" the wounds. If Koichi was "reverted" back to "how he was before being shot by the arrow" he wouldn't have a stand.
>>
>>158517633
Honestly the manga had a way softer and comfy feel to it. Watching the anime weekly did not sit well with the kind of atmosphere part 4 was going for.
>>
>>158518133
Just realized he can't resurrect the dead so it'll just be a dinosaur corpse, but then he can just sell that shit, use the dna to clone dinosaurs, Jurassic world jojos edition
>>
>>158517643
That level of broken is reserved for GER.
>>
>>158518165
Even the manga feels too much like "assholes doing asshole things".

If there wasn't the occasional plot where someone's in serious trouble, it would be really weird.
>>
>>158518287
Yeah, thats what was so comfy and chill about it.

What I meant to say was that the feel and tone of DiU does not go well while watching it weekly, if you marathon it it's perfectly fine. This is due to there not being that much tension between most episodes.
>>
>>158518190
I love crazy you can take stand powers when you put more thought into them then Araki did. Some stands have way more potential to be busted.
>>
>>158518161
Thats not how that works. Josuke's stand effects the physical. The stand arrow is completely spiritual in nature. The hole it leaves isn't important, just that it pierces in the first place.
>>
>>158514364
>Make a big fuss finding out who Kira is when they could have just used Joseph to find him
Out of everything this one bothers me the most
>>
>>158517700
Killer Queen's face looks hilarious here
>>
>>158516988
It's.... Josefumi
>>
>>158514364
Isn't there a pretty simple explanation for Josuke not healing the father?

Have we ever seen Josuke fix something that's been broken for a significant amount of time? Okuyasu's father has been a deformed mutant for years. At the rate Crazy Diamond fixes something, he'd probably have to stand there for months if not years to rewind him far enough, assuming he could even do that.
>>
>>158516988
I still think somethings going to happen in part eight that has to do with this
>>
>>158519401
The amount of time that passes by doesnt seem to matter
>>
>>158514364
Part 3 was the best.
>>
>>158519281
>>158519542
It's definitely gonna happen in 8 but that doesn't discard that Araki just forgot about the whole thing while doing part 4.
My guess would be the girl blue hawaii user described as she resembles part 7 girl that met johnny. Would have to re-read but i think she owes him one or something.
>>
>>158516189
>>
>>158516157
That's literally just conjecture.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.