[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

And suddenly everyone is gay. Also, there isn't a single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

And suddenly everyone is gay.

Also, there isn't a single likable character in the eight episodes I've seen.
>>
Epic may may.
>>
>>158495573
>watching anime for characters
I'll never understand this.
>>
>>158495573
>Also, there isn't a single likable character in the eight episodes I've seen.
Almost 1/10 bait, go beg your mother for attention instead of us.
>>
>>158495573
>there isn't a single likable character in the eight episodes I've seen.
There is squealer, you disgusting piece of shit
>>
The show was decent up until this point. It's too bad.
>>
This is a thread for rational viewers who don't sit through shit because some snob on this board says its the best of the decade. It was bad when it aired while making no sense and going full homo. Its bad now.
>>
>>158495573
Yeah, this show is trash. Not likeable characters, shit animation, bad direction...
>>
Gay thing felt forced. feels like the author wanted to put his/her fetish in

The show becomes good at episode 18
>>
>>158498379
It was completely forced.

>society is based on bonobos, which are defined by indescriminate sexual activity
>but now everyone is in homosexual monogamous relationships because fuck it

It literally contradicted itself just for shock value/gay pandering. It was shitty writing of the worst kind. I can put up with the gay shit if it at least makes sense in the context of the story.
>>
>>158495908
>I'll never understand this.
What is there to understand. Anime is dead.
>>
>>158498545
>making this big of a deal of cartoons
>>
>>158495573
So you're an idiot who can't handle anything above SAO or reddit:zero?
>>
File: intelligence below average.png (143KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
intelligence below average.png
143KB, 800x1000px
>>158498337
>making no sense
>>
>>158498543
>>but now everyone is in homosexual monogamous relationships because fuck it
It's almost as if they are trying to avoid pregnancy by making penetrative sex forbidden.

Also Saki gave Satoru an handjob as children and already kissed tons of kids, both male and female.
>>
>>158498543
>I can put up with the gay shit
You probably cannot.
>>
>>158498733
She only kissed Satoru and Maria though?
>>
>>158495573
The beginning is the best part. If you don't like that you should drop it immediately because it only gets worse.
>>
>>158498825
>The beginning is the best part. If you don't like that you should drop it immediately because it only gets worse.
That's literally wrong. The beginning is trashy derivative dystopian Brave New World-esque crap. The later parts with squealer get at least pretty interesting.
>>
>>158495573
Not suddenly. The Bonobos were thematically relevant. The kids seemed unable to get past the monogamy mindset but open sexuality was encouraged in this society.

The entire reason the kids were able to put the shit they saw out of mind was because they were in this four way fuck circle.
>>
>>158498793
She speficially mentioned in the novel having kissed both boys and girls.

Even when she's about to give Satoru an handjob she says "I only had experience with girls so far" not "experience with Maria".

Just because they don't show you are not suppose to think the characters are chaste, free sex for example is encouraged between adults.

Sexual contacts is encouraged by the code of ethics, it's a society of love.
>>
>>158498969
The fuck. She was only 11 years old or so, what experience?
Pretty funny how shes acting like a total slut while crushing on Shun
>>
>>158498906
>Not suddenly. The Bonobos were thematically relevant.
Yeah, but from the start Saki had a thing for Shun, and during Saki and Satoru's time together they obviously had some chemistry going. Suddenly skip forward two years and every turns into a raging homo.
>>
>>158499075
>Yeah, but from the start Saki had a thing for Shun, and during Saki and Satoru's time together they obviously had some chemistry going. Suddenly skip forward two years and every turns into a raging homo.

That's because the anime skipped SakiƬs internal thoughts.

Their whole group is polygamous as fuck anyway. She makes love with Satoru while thinking of Shun two days after the made love with Maria in the very same hunt.

People should projecting our morals on them. Homosexuality is not shunned, sex and psychical contant is encouraged. They fuck like moneky, get over it.
>>
>>158495573
If you don't understand the point of the series by 8th episode and search for likable characters, you might be slightly retarded.
>>
>>158499178
Dude, I'm fucking gay. I don't give a shit about homo characters in anime. I just thought the huge tonal shift from one episode to another felt really stupid.
>>
>>158498905
>hating on dystopias and Brave New World
no wonder such uncultured citizens can't appreciate SSY
>>
>>158499292
Brave New World is honestly trash. You yourself sound like you haven't read much literature.
>>
>>158499248
Admittedly, I don't think it was handle well in the anime, but my view is colored by the novel in which the sex stuff are much better.
>>
>>158499248
If you cant see the homo coming then youre retarded.
>>
>>158495573
>there isn't a single likable character
So?
Are you underage or something? You're not supposed to make a new waifu each time you watch a new series, dumbass.
There are a lot of series that composed of bunch of assholes as its main characters. Utena & Pun Pun for examples.
>>
>>158499248
>Sen no kaze
>>
Nobody is forcing you to finish it.
>>
But the 'gay thing' does make sense in context.
Society in the series is mainly trying to ensure its own continuous survival. The motivator that makes it differ from our own, is that it has a lot more to fear from people going crazy.
Regarding sexuality, 2 things are instituted for society to stay alive:
-fairly free sex from a young age,
to reduce competitivity and generally to avoid people kids from killing each other
-stable, marriage-like monogamous unions in adult age, to raise children in a stable ambient. Sex outside the boundaries of the couple still being freely permitted.

I don't see why you would criticise it besides for general homophobia. It's an important part of the worldbuilding and fits well.
>>
>suddenly

How about you fucking pay attention to the subtitles?
>>
>>158495573
Wait until you meet Squealer.
>>
File: 1400402518934.png (702KB, 672x783px) Image search: [Google]
1400402518934.png
702KB, 672x783px
Why do people use this FUCKING scene to discuss SSY, Yeah they're gay fucking get over it no one gives a fuck. We have 500 trap threads on /a/ every week.

The show has so many superior moments since it's a solid 9/10 show yet people only care about this.
>>
>>158495573
suddenly?
>>
>>158499051
In the books she also got handjobs from her mother. As a kid. Encouraged by the government and whatnot.
>>
>>158501267
Different anon, but if the point of the sex is reducing tension to avoid people turning into psychos with psychic abilities etc. then the whole damn things makes no sense. Both the gay relationships and the open heterosexual marriages are going to have stress regardless of how much sex they have, because that's simply how humans dynamics work. In fact, if the they wanted to model their society by splicing non-aggressive primate DNA, then Bonobos are a terrible choice since they not only have a hierarchical society with very little mobility, specially for males (which does cause stress regardless of it being alleviated by sex), but they're actually quite prone to stress one they're outsdide their natural habitat due to the low environmental pressure which characterizes their lifestyle, not to mention females are kicked out of their group once they reach puberty..

If they wanted to go for low-aggression, then gibbons might have been a much better choice, but the it wouldn't have the gay shock value, which is what the author wanted to present with pseudo-scientific reasoning.
>>
>>158501988
Sasuga Japan.
>>
>many anons unironically considered this their aoty when it came out
I still don't understand how that happened
>>
>>158501988
"""skinship""", it can't be helped
>>
>>158501930
Yah I agree anon, show definitely has tons of issues but was an incredibly refreshing and unique sci-fi anime

And people blow the gay stuff way out of proportion, it was very prevalent but never felt forced or outside the realm of believably
>>
>>158495573
>Also, there isn't a single likable character in the eight episodes I've seen.
You must have already met best boy by episode 08
>>
>>158501988
>>158504367
>>158503581
That never happened.
>>
>>158503314
Anon, they used bonobos genomes, they didn't turn people into bonobos. They also used wolves genomes too.
>>
>>158506759
>they used bonobos genomes, they didn't turn people into bonobos
The point of the bonobo DNA splicing was to manifest a sexual behavior which is genetically encoded. I'm aware they didn't turn completely into them anon, hence, why I wrote
>Both the gay relationships and the open heterosexual marriages are going to have stress regardless of how much sex they have, because that's simply how humans dynamics work.
Which I quoted again in case it isn't self explanatory.

My point is that the science part in this ''science-fiction dystopia'' is actually pretty weak, and it was most likely included due to the author being misinformed, or simply as a vehicle to explore his/her fetish. I'm not saying this automatically makes it bad or that science must reign supreme over a story or artistic licenses, I'm merely pointing out the facts.
>>
Al I know is that this show depressed me like no other and after that I got really sad every time I listened to Yuki ni Saku Hana. Gotta rewatch it sometime.
>>
>>158501988
No she didnt. Stop making shit up.
>>
>>158503314

There is 2 types of genetic manipulation.

1) They are modified to think hurting another human is a disgusting act, something their brain literally won't allow them to do or even desire for them to do. However this isn't 100% reliable so they go with death feedback as well.

2) The death feedback, this is just insurance encase if they do kill or harm a human, they killed themselves. Along side the "good morals" they push and the manipulation of the mind, they won't have issues of humans killing humans.

The kids also go under hypnotism to be dull and passive, like a bunch of sheep. The finisher is the basing the society off of free love, aka the bonobo appeal. When they enter child bearing stages, they are openly encouraged for homosexual relationships as they don't want teen pregnancies as the teens themselves still are being observed for signs of being a fiend.

Everyone except the main cast had all 4 of these things done to them, Saki and her friends weren't hypnotized to be a dull as the other kids as they were supposed to be groomed for leadership.
>>
>>158507144
The sex is there to solve conflict and bring them closer. It's make love not war taken to extreme. Not sure what's so weird. People who are fucking are naturally going to be closer, especially given it is encouraged and there is no shame.
>>
>>158507719
>The sex is there to solve conflict and bring them closer.
Which doesn't work for humans for a variety of reasons. It's also impossible to program complex ideas such as ''a disgust for the act or prospect of killing'' at a genetical level. There's a book called ''sex at dawn'' from which the author no doubt took cues as to form this naive notion that if people had indiscriminate sex then society would be more peaceful, but it severely overreaches the actual findings of the book. In fact the mere existence of predatory behavior in human beings already makes the bonobo-like society model inviable. We could talk about science misrepresentation and bad science all day, but my actual point is that the mechanism for society control the anime/book presents would never actually work (not even to the limited extend the anime presents), but that's not a reason to say the anime is bad, simply because this happens with sci-fi all the time, and being scientifically accurate is rarely ever the point.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.