[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was her fucking problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 14

File: 14235198623974.png (844KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
14235198623974.png
844KB, 960x720px
What was her fucking problem?
>>
>>158481814
Thousands of swords is an allegory for cocks she learnt to love and wants more.
>>
She is all of the witches.
>>
Akio did nothing wrong.
>>
>>158481814
Finally had enough of getting slapped around every episode
>>
>>158482363
Fuck you. Piece of shit.
>>
I still don't get what Iwas going on
>>
>>158481814
She did nothing wrong, all of them deserved it.
>>
>>158482511
POO ' D
>>
>>158483035
Egyptian.
>>
>>158483079
What makes you say that?
>>
>>158483079
Hair down Anthy is quite the looker.
>>
If you're not Japanese and you watched this anime you are a poser.
>>
>>158483200
Some anon posted it and I believed it immediately, because the alternative is not so appealing.
>>158483988
That's bullshit.
>>
File: kiryuu_nanami10.png (412KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
kiryuu_nanami10.png
412KB, 720x480px
Best girl
Prove me wrong
Protip you can't
>>
>>158481814
An abusive brother, for the most part.
>>
>>158485013
It's quite the feat when the viewer actually feels bad for a character while they are fucking drowning a a cat.
>>
Anthy second best girl.
>>
>>158485208
It was easy because cats a shit
>>
>>158485208
I didn't feel bad for her while she was doing that shit to the cat - I just wanted to punch her.
I'm amazed at how well she was redeemed, though. She grew on me somehow.
>>
>>158485263
I did. They show is generally pretty good at making me empathize with horrible people. Because, let's be honest here, most of the characters are horrible people.
>>
Every time I watch this show I don't understand
how this fucking narrative got so out of hand.
Nothing seems to make sense; was it all unplanned?
What's with all the spinning roses and that pointing hand?
If it aired today, it wouldn't make it three seasons.
Anime in the 90s must have lacked all rhyme or reason.
Don't get me wrong (don't get me wrong), I only want to know (I only want to know).

Utena, Utena,
What did that Akio put in ya?
Utena, motor car,
Are you the show that /a/ says you are?
>>
I suddenly liked Akio a lot more after seeing him as a hot chick in the trippy musical.
>>
How did Anthy go from being an ugly grandma with her hair up and glasses to being a sex goddess with her hair down and glasse off?
>>
File: Himemiya.Anthy.full.365043.jpg (196KB, 988x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Himemiya.Anthy.full.365043.jpg
196KB, 988x1000px
>>158485373
Witchcraft
>>
>>158481814
So is this shit good?
I started watching it and like but but idn if i can stand the 40 or something episodrs
>>
>>158485578
It's great, quite honestly it's one of the most well-made anime out there. However, that is not a guarantee that you'll like it. You have to enjoy heavy drama and character-based narratives to appreciate this show.
>>
File: utenalight.jpg (284KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
utenalight.jpg
284KB, 640x960px
Having watched Star Driver recently, I can't shake the feeling that it's basically Utena-light. Everything from the basic structure (character-focussed drama episodes that climax in fights with the MC; mix of typical shoujo and shounen archetypes; back-loaded exposition) to smaller elements of presentation (like side characters giving plot analogies spread out over multiple episodes) just match up too well.
>>
>>158485922
Same writer, so that would figure.
>>
>>158485962
Fuck, I am an idiot. I should have looked that up. It's not even like he's obscure or anything. Well, on to watching his other shows.
>>
>>158482511
I haven't watched Utena yet but I still don't understand why everyone and that one doujin artist was so mad at this, was it because of rape or because yurifags were btfo?
>>
Long ago Akio and Anthy were part of a race of godlike beings (although there being others is only ever brought up briefly in the manga). They came down to earth and were worshiped as gods because of their magical power.

Dios decided that he wanted to help people and so he became a prince. The perfect prince who would always save every princess and solves all other problems of the land they lived in. Anthy meanwhile was seemingly just content to follow her brother around. It created a golden age for the land they lived in ("The world was filled with Light") However there were 2 flaws to this system, First is that by being "everyone's" prince he could never be "anyone's" prince, the second more practical one was that he wasn't all powerful and therefore having to do everything for everyone was slowly killing him.

Now one of the things the movie alludes to is that the perfect Dios never existed. Make no mistake for a time Dios really was just helping people with no ill intent, but he was never as perfect as Anthy saw him. If you go read the commentaries by Ikuhara you see that deep inside Dios was tormented by wanting more, i.e. part of him felt he was entitled to fuck every girl throwing themselves at him, or that he should be treated more like a god king, however another part of him knew that was wrong and wanted to remain pure and continue saving everyone without regard for reward.

At some point Dios was dying possibly not literally but definitely in identity; maybe he finally fucked someone but didn't want to commit, or he just got tiered at being errand boy, either way he was undergoing major trauma and so he either asked Anthy, or Anthy did it by herself, or he made strong hints which Anthy took as asking to remove remove his pure heart and split himself into two, Dios and Akio. The plan was basically Dios keeps on being the perfect prince, and Akio gets to be a normal person and reap the rewards of Dios' efforts.

Fug word limit. Cont coming
>>
>>158485578
I'd say it's worth watching in its entirety, but I had to take a break from it a few times. It's a little taxing just because of how dramatic it is, but I wouldn't say that that's a reason not to watch.
>>
>>158486073
>I haven't watched Utena
>I still don't understand why everyone and that one doujin artist was so mad at this
Of course you don't understand.
>>
>>158486073
There's more to it. Those might have been part of the reason, but the entire way the scene is made is tailored to shock the viewer. I know I was shocked. I put that show on hold for almost a week. It's Utena's (the character, not the show) lowest point. She submitted - willingly or unwillingly, it doesn't matter - to the antagonist. It's not just about them fucking. The entire show was building up to this point, where each of her "victories" led her deeper into his trap. And in this scene it sprung. That scene was fucking devastating.
>>
>>158485578
It's very good, but you need to be able to take it for what it is to enjoy it. When I first saw it I didn't like it and gave up after a few episodes, but years later I came back and gave it another shot and loved it.

>>158486073
Because it didn't conform to their expectations/desires.
>>
File: actually just a pedophile.jpg (51KB, 550x420px) Image search: [Google]
actually just a pedophile.jpg
51KB, 550x420px
Akio is just legit a pedophile.
Utena is canonically 14 years old.
>>
>>158486143
I see, thanks.
>>
>>158486223
Should age even matter to someone who's ageless?
>>
>>158486073
There was no rape, just Utena going from the perfect prince to just another damsel weak to the d thanks to Akio's scheming within a few episodes.
It's mostly just Akio being scum who fortunately gets btfo'd in the end.
>>
>>158486223
>Utena is canonically 14 years old.
Welcome to anime
>>
>>158486244
>gets btfo'd in the end
He remains an enternal manchild fucking everything on sight,
>>
>>158486112
>>158486112
>>158486112
Cont here.

There was one problem with the plan however. Dios refused to wake up and instead sealed himself and most of their power away with him (how much power Akio still had is debatable but enough to be immortal at least). Dios did his because he sense that Akio would eventually go full evil and didn't want to leave that guy with magical powers. Another interpretation is that Dios cannot wake up because he as a concept is too pure to actually exist in reality, it was the small bits of impurity that Akio represented that allowed him to exist. Regardless this caused major problems since Akio can't be the prince it's not in his nature, and even if he wanted to Dios took all the power (though Akio obviously doesn't/didn't want to that's how he was born). Therefore the people of the Land had effectively lost their prince, and so Anthy (either out of guilt or because Akio said so, or both) decided to tell people she was a witch that took their prince away. They cursed her forever with their hatred and so she suffers forever for her sins and Akios.

Eventually the two siblings start fucking, and come up with a plan to gain access to Dios' power. They create a kingdom which eventually becomes the school (although tiny implications and interpretation might suggest someone else built the kingdom and they just rule over it) and do he dueling game.
>>
>>158486241
He's still an adult while Utena is a child.
>>
>>158486266
He can never gain access to the one thing he really wants, his power.
>>
>>158486266
Is this the face of a manchild?
>>
>>158486112
>>158486284
So is this from the manga or the movie?
>>
>>158486332
It's my timeline based on all 3 available media (manga, movie, TV series) and interviews.
>>
>>158486320
Yes, it is.
>>
>>158486266
His self-inflicted punishment is to never change. He is stuck in his own world of superficial pleasures that ultimately only prevent him from achieving his goal. Remember how Utena "won" every fight up until the last one (with one rematch if I remember correctly), but lost to Akio? That's basically the story from his perspective. But we - the viewers - find out over the course of the show that we've been fooled by him just as much as the characters in the show, including himself. His definitions of success are what prevent him from ever reaching it. The moment Utena loses (strips off everything as the OP tells us) she is free.
>>
>>158486387
Oh, that's what I figured, but where did you get the alien god thing from?
>>
>>158482511
It's legitimately such a great moment of weakness for a Utena. She's so unsure of herself she doesn't know what to fucking eat.

Cocks man. Don't do them.
>>
>>158486398
Come here, Anon.
>>
What are some symbolisms that should've been fucking obvious to you and you got them only like years later?

>Saionji and Touga are often seen posing to Akio because they are posers for prince role
>Akio, unlike Dios, gets anything fucking done by using women and their moms
>>
>>158486486
Miss me with that gay shit, Anon.
>>
>>158486454
>She's so unsure of herself she doesn't know what to fucking eat
Salmon, asparagus, an omelet. No, wait, make it a salmon sandwich. Mash in some mayonnaise and a hardboiled egg; hard, a hard egg. Now picture what a nice pink salmon sandwich with white mayonnaise, oozing right out, looks like...sideways.
>>
>>158486514
The one I always see oversimplified is the car=sex. The car is youthful desire, whose outlet can be sex. Or driving real fast in a car. Which I find funny, because in a way the car symbolizes itself.
>>
File: delet this in turkish.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
delet this in turkish.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>158486613
>>
>>158486448
Manga has Akio explain they descended to earth, and Ikuhara confirms in interviews that they aren't humans.
>>
>>158486693
>Ikuhara confirms in interviews
I'd be much more inclined to believe the guy if he wasn't completely insane. Or on some pretty good shit.

To be honest though, I think he approaches these viewer questions in the correct way: Just because he's the director that doesn't make his interpretation of the show any more valid than anyone else's. I especially like his answer on the stopwatch Miki carries around.

On a totally unrelated point: I like how the OP basically retells the manga, but the show itself strays pretty far from it. Just another layer of misdirection.
>>
>>158486782
What was his answer on what the stopwatch meant? Also, I thought the manga came out after the TV series.
>>
>>158481814
She has a very poor memory.
>>
>>158486923
>What was his answer on what the stopwatch meant?
Well it means a lot to Miki and supposedly he extracts a something important out of those times he measures. But Ikuhara claims to not know what that is.

>Also, I thought the manga came out after the TV series.
it was pretty much a joint project. But really, the anime is where it's at.
>>
>>158486693
On the topic of symbolisms you should've seen coming.

In third cour of Utena every shadow show with A-girl and B-girl start with shadow alien falling from sky. I thought it was symbolic of Akio as in the episode is happening because of the seed his machinations plant and what's happening with characters isn't natural, it's alien interference from Akio.
>>
>>158481814
The entire world literally penetrated her with millions of swords. She dindu nuffin.
>>
>>158481814
I mean

Rape and long term abuse

Anthy is one of the few characters who at least has a reason for being a cunt.
>>
>>158481814
I don't care, I would like to help her - that's it.
>>
>>158487881
She stole their prince.
>>
>>158485962
>>158486022
What's a good site to find the writer's of anime? I had to find out Star Driver's from tv tropes
>>
>>158489208
Honestly I just use MAL, Anidb and Wikipedia.
>>
>>158486631
>a car symbolizes a car
Deep shit

>>158486782
>start watching because of awesome sky jousting in OP
>it never happens
Feels bad
>>
>>158489350
>Feels bad
That means it's working.
>>
>>158489350

They planned on having that bit happen, but they changed their minds.
>>
>>158486387
Can you take all three into consideration to analyze the story? I thought they were three completely different universes.
>>
>>158490030
>but they changed their minds
Are you sure about that? This disconnect seems very intentional.
>>
>>158483988
>If you're not Japanese and you watched this anime you are a poser.

I've know Japanese and I understand why you're saying what you're saying. You're exaggerating considerably, but there's a ton of poetic shit in the series that won't be apparent to a 'naive' English speaker who knows neither the language nor the background to the show and its aesthetic conventions.
>>
>>158490065
>I thought they were three completely different universes.

They are. Conflating them is some high order bullshit despite there being meaningful thematic relations.
>>
>>158481814
She didn't go full lesbo from the get-go.
>>
>>158491519
>there's a ton of poetic shit in the series that won't be apparent to a 'naive' English speaker who knows neither the language nor the background to the show and its aesthetic conventions
Could you give a few examples?
>>
>>158491641
Not everything needs dykes for t/u/mblr to latch onto.
>>
It was a very funny scene, where Touga and Sayonji ride a motorcycle with a sidecar. So symbolic of Touga's place in this.
>>
>reading Ikuhara's commentaries when suddenly
"Our world has been spoken of in bipolar fashion for ages.

In my student days, there was a popular book that compared the “affluent” with the “non-affluent,” and sorted everything into categories called “loaded” and “broke.” It was the bubble era, and the aim of the book was probably to get a laugh by saying “They call us wealthy, but our lifestyle’s practically in the trash can!”

But for some reason, I couldn’t laugh.

Years later, the phrase “the winning side” was popular in the media. I thought it was horrid. And sure enough, people started using the opposite phrase “the losing side” as a masochistic joke. I still couldn’t laugh, though.

One day, a girl I saw on TV said, “There are only two types of people in this world: the ones who are chosen and the ones who aren’t chosen.”

That gave me a start.

“To not be chosen is to die,” said the girl.

I decided to try my hand at that.

The Black Rose arc."

It's literally Penguindrum.
>>
>>158491881
That and the inability to conform are basically Ikuhara's two central themes.
>>
>>158489208
Why the fuck are writers so underrrated anyway? They're responsible for the most important aspect of a show, yet they rarely ever get brought up. The thing is, this was even true in Shakespeare's time, despite the way he's lauded today.
>>
>>158481814
she was the antagonist, corrupted her brother and was tied by her own guilt over that
>>
>>158485578
fuck off
>>
>>158491983
That's probably why he uses so much homo in his stories.
>>
>utena still exists you just can't see her
yeah I don't get it
>>
>>158492998
new manga soon
>>
>>158493030
Why?
>>
>>158493042
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-26/revolutionary-girl-utena-gets-new-manga-chapter-in-july/.116631

anniversary one shot or new series
>>
File: DCG_KenUAAQqkFU.jpg (70KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
DCG_KenUAAQqkFU.jpg
70KB, 800x533px
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/536/1536799/

Get yourself a pair of Utena undies.
>>
>>158486112
>>158486284

Not that I've touched the movie nor manga, but I had a similar theory on how the backstory worked.

Both Dios and the Witch were most likely aliens that came to Earth and helped a lot. At one point, Dios got too tired, the people they helped got too needy, then the Witch told them to leave them alone. Cue the Witch getting killed. Later on, Dios died.

Millennia later, Dios and the Witch reincarnated as the siblings Akio and Anthy Himemiya. At one point, Akio decided to commit incest with Anthy, which probably led to Dios having to become a separate being from Akio.

Dios realized something had to be done to stop Akio's abuse of Anthy. He then heard that a certain little girl (Utena Tenjou) had lost her parents and tried to kill herself. Dios stopped her and asked her to assist in freeing Anthy from Akio's abuse.
>>
I'm not crazy about this series but it sure is pretty.
>>
>>158481814
literal incest
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.