[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you prefer the manga? The western adaptation? Or the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 084.jpg (1MB, 1400x2100px) Image search: [Google]
084.jpg
1MB, 1400x2100px
Did you prefer the manga? The western adaptation? Or the original LN which I haven't read?
Personally really enjoyed the manga, though I felt the ending was too abrupt.
>>
>>158445996
Fucking changed the name instead of the subject, damn I'm retarded
>>
Personally I enjoyed both.
The manga had a more interesting plot and better fleshed out world, but the ending felt too inconclusive.
The movie was a shameless Cruise action flick that offered and needed no justification for all the crazy shit it tacked on to the original formula. The ending had closure but felt a little too 'neat' compared to the original.
>>
>>158445996
While the movie didn't cover all of the stuff in the manga, it still was enjoyable and it didn't feel monotonous at all. Both adaptations sought to do their own thing and I liked both. The axes are cooler though.
>>
>>158445996
I liked both, but preferred the ending of the manga. It was bittersweet and showed the casualty of war. The movie portrayed the day repeats better though.
>>
File: that one NPC you can't save.webm (3MB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
that one NPC you can't save.webm
3MB, 1280x532px
>>158445996
i like both. Tom Cruise is just fit for adaptation stuffs.
>>
>>158448637
Cruise is the GOAT
>>
>>158445996
The only thing I liked better in the movie were the mimics being actual monsters and not just spiked balls
>>
Enjoyed both. Loved the design of the mimics of the movie. Loved the design of the exosuits of the manga.
>>
while I enjoyed the movie, I didn't like the ending.
It was by far too clean and happy
>>
>>158449033
I watched the movie before reading the manga. When reading the manga I instantly remembered the movie however I'd completely forgotten how it ended.
I guess I liked the concept of the movie but the ending was too generic to really be memorable.
Still, I would've liked maybe another volume for the manga to develop the bond between Rita and Keiji. I think the manga ending would've been a lot more impactful with that and with a longer lead up battle with the mimics.
>>
>>158448874
>>158448836
>>158448427
The manga was certainly much more visually impacting. The mimics in the movie were definitely cool though.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.