[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to start watching Haruhi Suzumiya soon; what is going on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: what is this.png (5KB, 651x60px) Image search: [Google]
what is this.png
5KB, 651x60px
Going to start watching Haruhi Suzumiya soon; what is going on with the chronology? Is pic related correct or should I just watch it in the order presented?
>>
>>158443930
Pic related is correct if you don't watch 12-24 or the movie. Chronological should be watched if you want to watch the entire series.
>>
Broadcast order is a meme
>>
broadcast order is indeed the best way to watch
>>
Broadcast order has a better climax while chronological makes the story more coherent.
>>
File: CMaAuPB.png (834KB, 1600x2200px) Image search: [Google]
CMaAuPB.png
834KB, 1600x2200px
>>158443930
just pick the one you like
>>
>>158444118
Wrong
>>158444118
Correct
>>158444390
Correct and well explained
>>
>>158444428
>>158444134
Meant to quote this post second
>>
>>158443930
Initial viewing is ALWAYS broadcast order, shit for brains.

Once you start rewatching it's okay to do chronological in order to catch things you may have missed before.
>>
NO ANON
DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS ME
GO BROADCAST ORDER
DON'T BELIEVE THE CHRONOLOGICAL LIE
PLEASE
>>
OP here, gonna go ahead with broadcast order; Should I follow >>158444398 advice of only watching part of Endless Eight?
>>
Always watch broadcast order. Would you watch the prequels before watching the original trilogy of Star Wars?
>>
>>158444866
Re endless Eight, if the differences in the dialogue are enough that it doesn't feel too repetitive or boring then you might as well just watch the whole thing. That's what I did on my last rewatch. Otherwise give it a break, and when you come back to it skip to the last episode.
>>
>>158444866
go in the 2009 broadcast order
skip the middle 6 episodes
be prepared for a boring (read: comfy) ending
>>
File: 1424797127060.png (52KB, 336x327px) Image search: [Google]
1424797127060.png
52KB, 336x327px
>>158444917
>Would you watch Star Wars?
No, I'm not a fucking pleb.
>>
>>158444866
Honestly, it wasn't the first nor the last time I watched something Kyoani made just to appreciate the care put in the production values, but not everybody likes that sort of thing. If you want a good reason to watch it, I think it's nice to see how the subtle and progressive changes in the way they handle each episode reflect the aggravating psychological state of some characters, something which will end up being relevant for understanding the movie in a way. On the other hand, it's also true that you won't miss anything plot-wise by skipping it. It's your choice. Maybe watch the first couple of episodes, then pick up the third one and if you feel like you're bored out of your mind and don't care anymore, just skip to the last one.
>>
>>158444917
It's not that simple. SW Prequels were done after the original trilogy. But this an adaptation and the original books mostly follow a chronological order, also they re-run the whole thing in chronological order.
>>
>>158443930
Broadcast order was okay for the fans that had already read the light novels because they new what was happening and what parts the episodes were leading off from

Watch it in chronological order
>>
>>158445577
>implying the anime was aiming only at people who had read the novel
This is the most stupid post I've read this month.
>>
>>158444390
DAE Disappearance is a terrible climax compared to Melancholy 6?
>>
File: 1437019536273.jpg (107KB, 382x423px) Image search: [Google]
1437019536273.jpg
107KB, 382x423px
>skip endless 8
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.