[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I heard horrendous things about Mahouka from the sister having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8163.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8163.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
I heard horrendous things about Mahouka from the sister having a brother fetish to the main lead being Jesus.

But can this be enjoyed as a trainwreck ala Valvrave or Guilty Crown? Or will it be like SAO again where the asspulls from the OP Jesus don't make you laugh, but annoy you to no end instead?

Also the Mahouka movie is coming to Anime Expo this year.
>>
>>158415661
>the sister having a brother fetish
>horrendous
Shit taste
>>
Read the LN.
>>
>>158415661
Mahouka is 100% ironic watch tier.

MC godstomps all the time and fake drama + asspull doesn't exist. He's the ideal writing of Mary Sues.
>>
>>158415661
It can be enjoyed as a trainwreck. I love how pretentious it is
>>
>>158415661
No, it's tremendously boring.
>>
>>158415661
give it a try
>>
>>158415661
>asspulls
>out of literal jesus
>>
>>158415661
There's no asspulls, it's impossible to beat Onii-sama.
>>
>>158415661
You'll probably just enjoy it ironically, but if you watch it with the mindset that MC is a living weapon and not an actual human, it becomes much more enjoyable, especially the LN.
>>
>>158415661
/a/ hates it because MC is a hardass and not a weak little underdog nu-male that they can self insert with.
>>
>>158415661
>Guilty Crown
Don't remind me of this garbage. The characters were so shitty; I wanted them all dead.
>>
File: 1447526089437.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447526089437.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>158415661
Watch it as a comedy and it's great.
>>
>>158415661
It's on the SAO side. Not enough "tweests" or shock value to call it a trainwreck like Valvrave or GC.
>>
>>158419078
But the MC is an unironic god and not pretending he's fair!
>>
>>158418921
but /a/ likes it
>>
>>158419157
I said it's closer, not the same.
>>
>>158415661
>can this be enjoyed as a trainwreck

No because it takes itself too seriously and never goes absolutely full retard like true trainwreck shows.

It's obviously a series for people who were bullied at school and dream about being super amazing badasses.

Anime is watchable thanks to schools competition arc where Tats takes a backseat and it's more about girls competing.
>>
>>158419174
Ironic like though.

As in it's only better than crap like SAO/Aldnoah/Mars of Destruction. Even fucking Mayoiga can do that and it's the pinnacle of failed ironic show.
>>
>>158418921

He's a fucking slave of his sister and a dog of his aunt. What an awesome alpha.
>>
>>158418806
>tfw Deathbattle will never make a Momonga Vs Onii-sama
>>
>>158419265
A slave with god power is still worthy of self-insertion. As long as Jesus-Onii-sama is legitimately undefeatable he'll always be loved (ironically)
>>
>>158419250
>muh ironic
yeah believe whatever you like
>>
>>158419308
Mahouka is one of the strongest ironic liked shows. It only loses to Valvvrave and Mirai Nikki quality-wise.

Also it's about an overpowered god MC. The only reason it's not an anti-christ like SAO or an Endride (it would definitely be an Endride) 4 masochists watched it is because Tatsuya is Ainz and Alucard flavored unfair
>>
>>158419300

Nips are already getting tired of it. Go read reviews of last 3 volumes. 22 volumes in and shit happened. Hyped fights turning into sasuga Onii-sama in 10 seconds. No main big plot in sight.
>>
>>158419382
They will turn it around in the next volume and have Tatsuya and Miyuki do the sex.
>>
>>158419298
This guy barely could beat the vampire loli
>>
File: 1453348940271.jpg (50KB, 496x527px) Image search: [Google]
1453348940271.jpg
50KB, 496x527px
>>158419438
>barely beat
>>
>>158419438
I mean the loli is technically the strongest thing in Nazarick, which is funny because despite her being both an overpowered vampire loli which is a trope I hate to death she's strangely enough a pretty strong character (in terms of writing) and very cute without going full retard with her. Anyways, Momonga was kinda fighting what could be summarized as his friend's daughter so I can see why he almost lost, guy was a wreck inside and being responsible for the death of his Shalltear was the reason why he almost didn't finish her up. There wasn't even an assurance that they could revive her, after all.
>>
>I only like it ironically
t. literal autist
>>
>I take everything seriously
>I hate fun
>>
>>158419517
wasn't she his hard counter too mechanic-wise?
>>
Sometimes you just wanna watch a series where the MC is just an absolute god and stomps all opposition without breaking a sweat. This is a decent meal for that.
>>
>>158419626
>>158419654
>>158419746
>Mahoukafags are as delusional as Mirai Nikki fags
>>
What really annoys me is that without Onii-sama bullshit Mahouka would be an interesting series. Politics, magic system and girls are good.
>>
>>158419981
>mental gymnastics to justify watching a show
>everyone else is delusional
ok bud
>>
https://youtu.be/d8oV_qJQhxE
>>
>>158420315
DUDE I DONT LIKE THE SHOW AT ALL I JUST WATCH IT I-IRONICALLY
>>
File: Queenvail_Cover_2.jpg (322KB, 708x997px) Image search: [Google]
Queenvail_Cover_2.jpg
322KB, 708x997px
So when is Mahouka getting the obligatory yuri spinoff every popular LN gets now?
>>
>>158420356
>Daigo is Onii-sama's VA
Based
>>
>>158415661
I enjoyed the school tournament arc. It played like a parody of itself. Everyone was owing their success to Onii-sama, it was hilarious.
>>
>>158419224
>schools competition arc where Tats takes a backseat and it's more about girls competing
Well, except when Tatsuya reveals his power level as God of Engineering, deploys several bleeding-edge technologies, bunch of top tier spells, original spells and brilliant winning strategies. He gets his dick sucked so much that after triple victory Mayumi congratulates him instead of competitors who are standing next to them. And to add insult to injury, boys who refuse to accept Onii-sama have pathetic performance compared to flawless streak of girls Tatsuya is taking care of, which is mentioned several times.
On top of that he replaces boys in Monolith Code at the last minute, steamrolls competition despite no prep time and rekts Masaki, after which Juumonji decides Onii-sama should join Ten Clans and stick his dick in Mayumi. And when Tatsuya isn't busy being awesome while engineering or being awesome while competing, he is awesome while investigating and eradicating some criminals.
But yeah, he takes a backseat.
>>
>>158415661
It becomes obvious over the first few arcs that Onii-sama is literally invincible so there's no real plot tension there. But I assume people keep reading because they like the magic-tech, Japanese neo-feudalism and waifus.
>>
>>158415661
It's pretty enjoyable so long as you don't have autism. Try not to take it too seriously and enjoy it for what it is and you will be fine.
>>
>>158415661
I headcannoned that it was a parody of SAO and liked it that way, because the MC and femMC are just so fucking perfect and untouchable they trivialize every single encounter.
>>
>>158415661
>But can this be enjoyed as a trainwreck ala Valvrave or Guilty Crown?
No. There's certainly some things in Mahouka that can be enjoyed ironically, but overall it's too fucking boring to be worth watching just for that. Anyone telling you to read the LN is unironically enjoying it and should be ignored for having shit taste.
>>
>>158421052

Compared to the rest of the series. Mahouka is just garbage in general.
>>
File: daryl.jpg (33KB, 500x306px) Image search: [Google]
daryl.jpg
33KB, 500x306px
>>158418922
Even best character that made it worth watching?
>>
>>158426192
I want to be his father figure
>>
The only thing that interests me about Mahouka (Jesus jokes aside) is the girls' uniform. Do the different patterns refer to different magic specializations? Why aren't the male uniforms also similarly decorated?
>>
Only thing I think could do damage to Onii-Sama is if Satou literally has a main villain who uses time and space fuckery like King Crimson.
>>
>>158426420
>different magic specializations
Different years.
>>
>>158426498
I'm stupid. Thanks.
>>
It's hilarious because he's so OP in every situation
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.