[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we go through the points that make her unrelatable as a character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 19

File: robot.png (435KB, 807x374px) Image search: [Google]
robot.png
435KB, 807x374px
Can we go through the points that make her unrelatable as a character? First off she doesn't even try to get emotionally invested in what happens around her, such self-centred people have no concern for their peers and don't even try to acknowledge the suffering of other people. When she auditioned for the solo part she was of course better than her opponent but she lacked human emotions in such a way that it made me unable to be happy for her when it was decided she'd play it.

She didn't even try to feel pity for her opponent, not a word of comfort; nothing. And i just can't bring myself to relate to her because of this. At the end of the day you can be as skilled as you want but you're still worthless if you don't even try to relate to your peers.
>>
>>158368614
Not all characters have to be relatable.
>>
>>158368737
in this case i think that they should be emotionally invested in each other. It was often said throughout the series how the staple requirement for playing in an ensemble is the ability to be on the same page with each other. An ability that she obviously lacks. Care to prove me wrong?
>>
>>158368614
>not a word of comfort
>implying you want the person who just fucking destroyed you to give you words of comfort
>>
>>158368833
Everyone who was trying for the solo knew that the best person should win and they wanted to show that they are the best. It is frustrating to lose but Reina knew that showing pity would be absolute most disrespectful thing to do after winning fair and square.

That aside I unironically identified with Reina more than almost any anime character exactly because she is kind of a self-centered asshole.
>>
>>158368917
i would an i have given my opponents care and i even went to the effort of helping them improve. I derive no pleasure from making people trying to put effort in feel bad, and if you call yourself an human being you should not either.

People should help each other, it's not fun to barge on being better and if i were the teacher i would have asked this inept to step down from playing solo because, skills aside, she certainly doesn't deserve it.

And kumiko taking a stand for her is most annoying because she is better than her, at least from an human standpoint
>>
>>158368614
she is autistic, just like most asians musicians 100% technique 0% soul, this is the reason that there's no good asian modern music, they just copycat anything that is popular in the west and try to adapt it to their cultures. There's nothing more pathetic than an asian playing classical/rap/pop music, is like watching a white person trying to sing soul or plays blues
>>
>>158369148
yeah, straight-up autistic if only i were part of that enseble i would refuse to play with her and drop out, it's so annoying how she didn't learn anything from it and even more annoying is the fact that nobody told her just how much of a vapid bitch she is
>>
>>158368981
yeah of course i can picture this reasoning going through her head. She just didn't care, that's all, she was too indulged in herself to even notice she made someone suffer
>>
File: 1492104962624.jpg (17KB, 409x435px) Image search: [Google]
1492104962624.jpg
17KB, 409x435px
>>158368614
>can't bring myself to relate to her
Well yeah you're a disgusting hambeast and she is probably one of the prettiest kyoanus girl
>>
>>158368614

Lesbian are problematic.
>>
>>158369421
don't tell me you have her as your waifu or something because if you do you're just an idiot, seriously. I don't get her charm and it's probably for the best
>>
>>158369083
>skills aside
No, skills were the entire point of the audition. Reina earned it. She is pursuing her dream despite the fact that everyone else wants her to give up. She's kind of admirable, actually.
>>
also, on a side yet related note, when Natsuki lost to Kumiko, Kumiko tried to comfort her and acknowledged her. This is how you should conduct yourself as an human being. And this is also the reason i don't get why Kumiko would like Reina so much
>>
File: 1496385101703.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1496385101703.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>158368614
>>158369083
>pity for her opponent
>People should help each other
>i would refuse to play with her and drop out
It's thanks to weakling cucks like you than I'm able to afford a 100k audi.
You can call me autistic all you want but I would be able to afford 7 plastic butt per month if I went around helping every little unskilled little shit in my way.
Reina is obviously aiming higher. It's not her job to grab your hand into success.
>>
>>158369740
Just because people don't act the way you do doesn't mean they're not human. Everyone has their own set of values.
>>
>>158369763
then i hope you're ready to help yourself for the rest of your life. If you're taking any lectures then drop out of them all, you do not deserve them.

Are you familiar with the montessori method of teaching? It's been proven to be more effective than traditional teaching methods and it consists in having better-skilled students help those who are lacking until they're on par with the others. Not only would that help you improve your social skills but you also speed up the learning process for everyone involved.

Self-centred little twats like you wouldn't get it.
>>
>>158369763
the thing is that she isn't in business school, she is aiming to become a classical musician and autistic fuckers don't get jobs in the music industry, at least you play piano.
>>
Why was everyone so butthurt over some 2nd year people who dropped out a year ago? I dropped it because everyone was being a melodramatic. There was an entire arc over one bitch who wanted someone else to have a solo part that they were under qualified for, I just don't get it
>>
>>158369914
A competition is not a classroom anon. All you will learn in a classroom is the bare minimum to start a skill or career. To actually excel in anything requires discipline and massive amounts of time beyond the classroom. In a competitive setting those with the greatest skill and discipline win and everyone else loses.

>>158369384
That isn't something anyone with a competitive mindset has to think about, it is simply natural.
>>
everyones an emotionless background character except kumiko.
shuuichi has potential
>>
>>158368614
People who emotionally shut themselves are actually pretty nice on the inside, at least i feel like that with her. She has a dream but she doesnt know how to follow it properly, i think she learns to open up while the series progresses and she starts talking to Kumiko about her goals.
>>
>>158369083
>I derive no pleasure from making people trying to put effort in feel bad
Neither did Reina. She just wasn't going to step down because of someone else's circumstances. Why should she?
>>
>>158370155
>shuuichi has potential
>>
>>158370170
she didn't have too and i would have hated it if she did step down because of someone else. It's just that i would have liked for her to do the same thing Kumiko did with Natsuki. She was by far more respecting of her in that she acknowledged the effort she was putting in and she did not try to be an uncaring bitch. Again, ensembles are only as good as the people in it are good to each other. If you do not get along with other ensemble members you're doomed.
>>
File: 1494142185947.jpg (79KB, 748x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494142185947.jpg
79KB, 748x720px
>>158369914
>having better-skilled students help those who are lacking until they're on par with the others
I'm just glad this is the first time I hear about this commie shit. If I was taught this way I would probably be flipping burgers or following an art dregree.
Don't slow down others just because you're too stupid to follow normal curricula.
>>
>>158370267
I think you're completely missing the point of Reina's character. She's not a nice or relatable person, she is autistic and cold and single-minded. The whole point of her development is that she warms up to others and starts to become more relatable as the show progresses.
>ensembles are only as good as the people in it are good to each other
t. has never been in a band
You know what also helps is having players who are skilled. You dont become great just by coddling each other and being all emotional 24/7
>>
>>158370388
i was taught this way and i am an university graduate. Commie shit is not acually that bad, is it?
It's much like people getting together on skype and teaching each other languages, it's refreshing and enriching. I am saddened by how dry you sound talking like this. I wish for you to come to acknowledge that crushing others shouldn't be fun

>>158370450
well if the only purpose she serves as a character is to piss me off then i got to say she succeeded in just that
>>
>>158368614
Maybe if you had a skill like hers you'd be able to relate, but instead you're just here posting on 4chan
>>
>>158370888
hurrdurr you're posting on 4chan so your life must be worthless. I am a functioning member of society and i achieved such a status by respecting others, and not by trampling others on my way to success.
>>
File: reina stare.png (373KB, 791x720px) Image search: [Google]
reina stare.png
373KB, 791x720px
>>158368614
Bitch she's not here for a hippy hug love-a-thon, she's here to play trumpets
Get that weak sentimental shit outta here, this is why you'll never be special
>>
>>158370939
>I am a functioning member of society
Great, you're just like millions if not billions of other people on earth anon, what a precious little man you are
What I was saying in my post is that Reina practiced hard to be the best she could be, and it makes complete sense that you, who are wasting your time arguing with random people on the website 4chan instead of working to become something worthwhile, would not be able to relate.
Of course, you can continue to complain that the world isn't fair or that successful people should try to relate and help those lesser than them; you'll fit right along with the rest of western society, just another face in the crows.
If you died, would society be any worse off? No, anyone could replace you.
>>
>>158371021
i wouldn't want to be special if it meant being like her. I'm conent being shit if it means being half as valuable a person as these two. This is how the solo audition should've played out, this is how Reina should've conducted herself. But she didn't and as much as she might be a good musician she will never be a good person. People are good at remembering how kind people are. Nobel started the Nobel prize competition out of guilt when faced with harsh criticism by a french critique. He figured he didn't want to go down history as a piece of shit so he invested all his savings in celebrating manking through the now-famous nobel prize. Life isn't black or white and if you want people to remember you you should treat everyone with due respect.

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc1xqyqnnqU[/embed]
>>
File: reina peace.jpg (144KB, 621x720px) Image search: [Google]
reina peace.jpg
144KB, 621x720px
>>158371238
Good for you. Reina only cares about being special, so that's what she does. The fact that she is so committed to this idea is what makes her an effective character.
>>
File: de.jpg (677KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
de.jpg
677KB, 1920x1080px
>>158371238
>[embed] [Embed] target="_blank">
Acts like a loser posts like a loser.
>>
File: Reina.jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Reina.jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
ITT: "everyone who doesn't act the way I would act is inhumane"
>>
>>158371341
thank you for telling me how the embed tag works. You see, i am trying to improve myself so i welcome anyone willing to help.
Thank you
>>
>>158371407
>thank you for telling me
I wasn't teaching you shit. You should probably go ask your hippie support group for that.
>>
>>158371466
but you actually did, didn't know there was a target attribute in the tag; now i do

wow you actually helped another human being you should really consider killing yourself
>>
>>158368614
Literally my aspie friend

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to relate to kumiko anyways.
>>
>>158371527
I'm pretty sure everyone was an aspie, and the ones who weren't were just basic bitches.
Very realistic
>>
File: kumiko and there you have it.png (295KB, 731x480px) Image search: [Google]
kumiko and there you have it.png
295KB, 731x480px
>>158371527
Kumiko is literally /a/
>>
>>158371527
yeah too bad Kumiko is gay for Reina, that self-concerned bitch doesn't reserve someone as caring as Kumiko. Kumiko even felt bad when she got to play while her senpai didn't. This all made for a pretty heart-warming scene
>>
>>158371238
The computer you're posting from would probably not exist if not for tokubetsu people like Reina.
>>
>>158368614

real band solo tryouts were as cut throat as this.
Seniors got cucked by no life freshman all the time
>>
>>158371403
What's hilarious is that she literally hing wrong.
>>
>>158371663
Linux (the base software this very server is running on, much like most of servers and other enterprise-level machines) is an open-source project started by one guy who put it out there free of charge and that was later improved upon by other such-willed people. Unlike you, i actually do my homework. You can grab linux for free, experiment with it and contribute to forums, or if you'd prefer you could ask your question in a forum and have them answered at no expense. (Because not all people are vapid pieces of shit)
>>
File: spoogi.png (248KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
spoogi.png
248KB, 500x308px
>>158371744
>did nothing
Don't know how I messed that up
>>
as soon as i heard she wanted to jump on senseis cock i wanted reina to be moved to the nearest landfill where she belonged.
>>
>>158368614
>She didn't even try to feel pity for her opponent, not a word of comfort; nothing. And i just can't bring myself to relate to her because of this. At the end of the day you can be as skilled as you want but you're still worthless if you don't even try to relate to your peers.

remember this scene?
>>
>>158371834
she should go hiking again sometime and actually throw herself off a mountain
>>
>>158371859
too bad this attitude didn't stick with her during the rest of the series
>>
>>158371894
People are going to cry no matter what when you beat them. Reina is choosing to be more distant from the crying children who didn't get their way. She's actually very mature because that's what an adult would do.
>>
She apologized for being too smug, though.
>>
>>158371954
>she's actually very mature
last time i checked mature wasn't synonymous with autistic

I think not being able to feel sad for other classifies you as either being autistic or evil
>>
>>158371996
If you shoulder everyone's emotional baggage it will weigh you down. Reina wants to be free from that to focus on her music. There's nothing for her to be sad about because she was the best player. It's not her fault that she's better than a third year.
>>
>>158372115
nobody said she's at fault for being better. She's just a self-centred bitch. And no, caring about others won't actually weigh you down, at least it never did that to me
>>
>>158371762
Is this bait? Linus is a massive autist and has to conciously remind himself not to sperg at retarded contributors. The reason linux has evolved so well is due in large part to him being a massive control freak with """his""" code. Not to mention all the prior work he built on was developed by computer professors and research scientists, who, by experience, not that friendly either (not that it makes them any less of a person).
>>
>>158372169
The funny thing is is that you're the most self-centered person here. You don't even want to think about Reina's feelings or what she's been through.
>>
>>158368614
Didn't you watch Whiplash?
>>
>>158372214
still linux is free and reliable and gave birth to so many distros that it's impossible to count them
>>158372264
she doesn't deserve me doing that. I try to relate to all characters, i am even willing to forgive ribbon-chan for being an utter self-centred idiot, pushing her senpai too far because she redeemed herself. Did Reina ever try to? Don't think so
>>
File: df.jpg (52KB, 753x506px) Image search: [Google]
df.jpg
52KB, 753x506px
Is OP being a retard on purpose or does he not remember Reina apologizing for being so mean to Kaori?
>>
>>158372345
see
>>158371989
>>
>>158372366
you call that an apology? lol
>>
>>158371859
the attitude where someone else made her feel like shit even though she was trying to help them?
>>
>>158372366
i wish bow would die, worst character in all animes
>>
>>158369955
>autistic fuckers don't get jobs in the music industry
Oh boy.
>>
>>158371514
>consider killing yourself
>throw herself off a mountain
The commie little shit is finally showing his true colors.
Kill everyone who's better than me.
>>
>>158372411
she's worth it to bring out the best in natsuki
>>
>>158372484
Asuka senpai is even better than Reina but you don't see me hating on her, do you?
>>
Autistic, self-centered assholes are usually the ones people call "geniuses", so you usually have to learn how to deal with them.
Real life isn't a liberal college classroom, baffling, I know.
>>
>>158372531
If you were going to hate on anyone why wouldn't it be Asuka? She deliberately love bombs people and then blatantly doesn't give a shit about them later if they interfere with her practice. She's a mean one.
>>
File: 1446577515341.jpg (89KB, 651x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446577515341.jpg
89KB, 651x720px
>>158372638
>>
>>158372675
she tried to keep the group together, leaving her personal issues out of practice and leaving the group altogether when she thought she was being a burden. She was this much considerate, at least.
>>
>>158372638
damn thanks for the redpill anon
>>
File: 1459899851684.gif (769KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1459899851684.gif
769KB, 480x270px
>>158372718
But I'm the one who has to deal with these autistic fucks who are way more intelligent than I'll ever be.
>>
>>158372345
It's reliable because a bitch like Linus is at the helm. People with your attitude is what leads to shit like reddit, or bitcoin's present situation.
>>
>>158368614
>you can be as skilled as you want but you're still worthless if you don't even try to relate to your peers
keep telling yourself that loser
>>
>>158371762
Your OS wasn't developed in a vaccuum, buddy, it was only possible because of decades of tokubetsu people inventing computers and shit.
>>
>>158372908
you don't even know me and i won't go and tell me who i am because i don't need to strenghten this fact with proof. Just go see for yourself what happens when you act like an entitled little twat.
>>
>>158372967
again most pieces of software were developed as result of research efforts and then given away at no cost
>>
>>158372740
>one of the best players leaving wouldn't cause any problems
Yeah you're not biased at all.
>>
>>158372997
you are little whinny bitch who think others need to help you
nobody needs to help anybody
nobody should be helping anybody that isn't their close family member in the first place
>>
>>158372967
also i am not saying special people should not exist, i am just saying they should not act like that; they should cause no suffering
>>
>>158373035
>most pieces of software were developed as result of research efforts and then given away at no cost
you can't be this fucking stupid
even FOSS projects aren't made just for the sake of it you moron
they are made because someone needs to solve a problem, and then other people who also need that problem solved use it and maybe add a few lines in order to work for them
all of this in a very public way so they can post on their fucking CVs and get a paying job
they're not doing it to help humanity you little shit
I bet you don't even code
>>
>>158373102
If you suffer because people are better than you, it's not the responsibility of the people with talent to stop being talented for your sake.
>>
>>158372997
How ironic. Your own sense of communism will ensure that everyone is just equally mediocre. If you really have a degree with that attitude then it reflects more on your good fortune and the hard work of your peers rather than your own. Or maybe just an education system as mediocre as your kind are.
>>
>>158373102
>people are better than me
>therefor they should not only help me but also make sure I feel comfortable being a useless piece of shit
>>
>>158373102
You sound like you want to be coddled. No one is obligated to do that for you.
>>
>>158372997
>Just go see for yourself what happens when you act like an entitled little twat
What happens is that I'm the best student in my class and I have 30+ people like you all jelly of my grades and future job opportunities
>>
>complaining about autism on /a/
>>
>>158373392
i can't tell what this thread is about anymore, but then again, i'm an fucking idiot
>>
File: IMG_20170611_061545.jpg (1MB, 4208x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170611_061545.jpg
1MB, 4208x3120px
>>158373170
no i don't, i work in the publishing industry as a translator though and we use freeware software all the time so i feel like i should do something for free every now and then myself. And that's why i translate anime every now and then
>>158373203
also i would've liked it if we could have had this conversation without me posting any confirmation of what i have claimed but since you started doubting me here's a pic of my university degree

I am just glad i achieved all this without having to resort to shitting on anyone
>>
>>158373588
>shitskin translator
>has a useless degree
>also an inferiority complex towards people who actually accomplish shit in their lives
Thanks for proving my point
now go ahead and kill urself

>achieved all of this
TOP KEK
>>
>>158373588
>italian uni

do you have a phd in calzones?
>>
>>158373588
Oh my god why are you still doing this
>>
>>158373730
>s-shit skin
:(
>>
File: 1495316890196.jpg (104KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495316890196.jpg
104KB, 1000x720px
>>158373588
>those hands
So miss communism was just an insecure manlet.
When will they learn?
>>
File: 1494654563993.jpg (214KB, 413x686px) Image search: [Google]
1494654563993.jpg
214KB, 413x686px
>>158373588
>dottore in lingue
No wonder you hate successful people.
>>
>>158373588
>non-white with a degree that can only get him a job as a translator
bullying you is not even funny anymore
>>
>>158373766
d-don't tease me for being a little girly s-senpai
>>158373799
next time you watch anime, do so without subs thanks
>>
>>158373799
>>158373766
>>158373763
>>158373756
>>158373749
>>158373730
Please stop bullying the commie. He's going to gulag all of us.
>>
>>158373766
Seriously what's with manlets and communism?
>>
>>158373830
>people need subtitles to watch anime
>therefore I'm successful
you don't even translate to a decent language you moron
>>
>>158373588
>/A/
You can't even spell the board correctly.
>>
>>158373895
i like upper-case letters better
are you running out of things to tease me with?
>>
>>158373895
you missed the part where he was being proud of getting a degree that requires only maybe attending class once a semester without being mean to anyone and having a job as a translator
>>
>>158373890
i also translate to english fyi, do you need me to show proof i do? I can do that as well
>>
>>158373937
i can't hear you over the sound of earning at least twice as much as you do
>>
>>158373959
Unless it's japanese to english I don't care.
If it is japanese to english that is still only worth minimum wage
>>
>>158374001
is the silence really that deafening?
>>
>>158373588
>TL Note: "Obasan" means "mama mia!"
>>
looks like you're running out of things to say so i'll just excuse myself out

Reina is still a shit though
>>
>>158374099
You have a useless degree
You work as a translator which is an entry level job for people without degrees
You live in one of the worst countries in Europe
You're not white
And the worst part of it all, you think people who actually accomplish shit in their life should care about how you feel about them

your life is a fucking joke
>>
File: 1434583147288.gif (267KB, 401x490px) Image search: [Google]
1434583147288.gif
267KB, 401x490px
>>158374218
Actually I think his degree and job are pretty neat. Being happy with your job is also important. Everything else you wrote are not really arguments. What is wrong is that he hates a character unfairly and doesn't even consider her feelings, only his own.

Reina a tokubetsu. TOKUBETSU
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.