[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Contrast/Gamma in anime: if you have a perfectly calibrated monitor,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Contrast/Gamma in anime: if you have a perfectly calibrated monitor, do you think when watching anime, the contrast/gamma needs to be adjusted? I say this because, most lines around anime characters that should be solid black, are usually a dark gray when inspected closely on a properly calibrated monitor. Is this the artistic intent, or an production error for lines that are supposed to be solid black? What are your thoughts?

Pic related. Zoom in on any black lines here and you'll see they're just dark gray. If you used the "average grayness of anime characters outlines" as a reference point, you could adjust your contrast/gamma so that these lines are (on average) solid black.
>>
File: blacktest.png (5KB, 990x768px) Image search: [Google]
blacktest.png
5KB, 990x768px
Pic related. If each square on this page doesn't look like a unique shade of gray, you cannot post your opinion ITT.
>>
>>158367171
>contrast/gamma needs to be adjusted?
No, I use contrast -5 but it's only my personal preference.
>>
>>158367171
Retard.
>>
>>158367715
Why am I a retard? Elaborate. You sound like someone who doesn't use a properly calibrated monitor.
>>
>>158367218
What if all I see are unique shades of white?
>>
>>158367171
You're watching Chinese cartoons, does it really matter how accurate the colors are?
>>
>>158369196
>You're watching Chinese cartoons, does it really matter how accurate the colors are?
I bet you stream anime and maybe on a good day use VLC too
>>
>>158367218
1, 2 and 3 are black and 255 is white. What do I do?
>>
>>158369318
Don't stream or use VLC but good guess though
>>
>>158369196
Let me guess, you didn't care when funishit mangled the saturation either.
>>
>>158367171
You'll see plenty of different colours used as outlines. Do you know that they're supposed to be black? Also you're autistic.
>>
>>158370560
It's possible they were intended to be black, but then (((((VIDEO EDITORS)))) adjusted the color/contrast to get the "best customer color ratio" essentially fucking it up, making solid blacks turn gray in some instances.

99% of anime character outlines are gray, and that's gotta be wrong. It's clear the artist meant for these lines to be black most of the time, but ((((PRODUCERS)))) and ((((EDITORS)))) fucked it up, caring about sales more than maintaining the artist's vision.
>>
>>158371233
You sound a little bit paranoid, or at least irrationally upset about something you have no proof of or reason to believe. You don't like grey?
>>
>>158371233
>It's clear the artist meant for these lines to be black
maybe in your cucked dysfunctional mind.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.