[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gurren Lagann Rebroadcast in Japan for its 10th Anniversary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: GL.png (364KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
GL.png
364KB, 640x360px
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/06/10/believe-in-the-gurren-lagann-rebroadcast-that-believes-in-you

>10 years
I can't believe I've been here for 11 years already. Fuck.
>>
>>158346343
Maybe this will teach those Japanese youngsters how GOOD anime was like.
>>
The Anime that spits in the face of the happy ending and gives you nothing but a bittersweet pit to wallow in as you contemplate whether you really enjoyed it.
>>
>>158348061
Still better than endings that make you consider suicide.
>>
>>158348061
How can you not enjoy Gurren Lagann?

It's a joyous inspirational celebration of the human will.

It also does have a happy ending.
>>
I wonder if the rebroadcast will make people remember the awful degradation of the show during it's run. It starts off wonderfully and ends like dogshit
>>
>>158348145
"Let's give up on trying to save my wife's life even though the entire theme of the rest of the series was on continuing to fight even when things seem hopeless"

Its the dumbest ending ever
>>
>>158346343
Wow, so the super robot anime that Imaishi said people who loved Gurren Lagann would like to see is GURREN LAGANN AGAIN?
He played us like a fiddle! who cares about a shit rebroadcast?
>>
>>158348178
I'm going to watch the first five episodes and leave it like that.
>>
>>158348549

Wow you're fucking retarded. The entire point is PREVENTING THE SPIRAL NEMESIS.

How does the spiral nemesis happen? THE RAMPANT ABUSE OF SPIRAL POWER.

What happens if he revives Nia? I mean, why stop there? Why not Rez all the dead friends like Kittan and Kamina and literally everyone else ever? oh, because it's ABUSING SPIRAL POWER WHICH STARTS THE SPIRAL NEMISIS.

The entire point of the second part was showing that the fighters (Simon and the gang) are not suited for government and regulation. Likewise, Rossiu is not suited for fighting off threats. The point is that they both recognize this and come together at the end to prevent the spiral nemesis. Rossiu tries his best to solve everything diplomatically and without abusing spiral power. Simon stays in the background as a slumbering weapon, only bearing his fangs when diplomacy fails, and only to check other spiral races when they get out of control.

The theme is MODERATION. Too much of either extreme IS A BAD THING. Fucking rewatch and educate yourself
>>
>>158349215
>What happens if he revives Nia? I mean, why stop there?
Yeah, except NIA WASN'T FUCKING DEAD UNTIL THE VERY END
They gave up on saving her life BEFORE she passed
>>
>>158349215
>but creating a galaxy-sized thing is A-OK
>also, please ignore the revived head of Genome that recreated his body
>>
>>158348178
I think that the second half is actually really well done. The first half is great and stands well on its own as a thrill ride with some emotional scenes and wonderful characters, but the second half is what really sends it off with a bang. It brings everything full circle and shows off the themes of the show at their finest. The first half is hot blooded and makes for a fun watch, but the second half is necessary.
>>
>>158350722
There's really not much that can be done without reviving the Spiral Nemesis. Nia will die without the presence of the Spiral Nemesis and keeping them out is the whole reason they did what they did. There was no perfect ending to be had for Simon and Nia because in order for them to prevent the reemergence of the Spiral Nemesis they couldn't save Nia.

>>158353967
Creating TTGL and STTGL was to defeat the Spiral Nemesis and they never did it again after that. And Lordegenome's heads was brought back with science. Spiral energy is what helped him restore his body and after they defeated the Spiral Nemesis, he was done.
>>
>>158348145
It's a bad Getter Robo ripoff / clone
>>
>>158354812
With Gaiking LoDM sprinkled on top
>>
>>158348178
I didnt like eps 1 to 5. 6 was fun. 7 to timeskip cool as fuck, fun as hell. Second part was the best (except for rosiu eps)
>>
>>158354884
Agreed
>>
>>158354812
No, it's an every super robot series ever 'ripoff / clone'.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.