[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I have a harder time connecting with other Western anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1496805604876.jpg (63KB, 699x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496805604876.jpg
63KB, 699x720px
Why do I have a harder time connecting with other Western anime watchers recently? They call themselves "weebs" while seemingly acting ashamed of it, relate everything to normalfag memes, have very shallow and seasonal-oriented taste (even if they're above watching shit like Fairy Tail or SaO) , treat me like a smug elitist for actually criticizing writing or direction, and almost all of them stream with Crunchyroll. Why is this happening? Am I getting old?
>>
>>158253434
they are otacool faggots that pretend to like things because they are niche and they think it makes them edgy and unique. they're cancerous faggots and you see them invading the board constantly. report them and stop spoonfeeding them
>>
>>158253434
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1488386391992.gif (881KB, 280x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488386391992.gif
881KB, 280x360px
>>158253434
You should realize by now that most people who watch anime are "ironic weebs," and that there are very few people who actually care about anime and manga on more than superficial level.
>>
>>158253434
HOLY SHIT THIS GUY LIKES ANIME, WHAT A LOSER
>>
>having actual friends

gross
>>
>>158253800
Sadly this. Anime has been invaded by facebook tier people.
>>
>>158253960

Mostly speaking of people on other websites.

>>158253800

That's how it feels. I like ironic humor sometimes but it feels like a waste of time to only watch/read things for memes or seasonal waifus.
>>
>>158253434
Even sea anime watchers related everything to normalfag memes, it's fucking disgusting
>>
>>158253434
Liked, commented, subscribed. You're an idiot if you care what other "western" anime watchers think. In fact, you probably belong with them on MAL and leddit.
>>
>>158254228

Why should I not care when the "ironic weeb" phenomenon makes it harder to discuss things I like?
>>
File: 1476563651218.jpg (30KB, 527x795px) Image search: [Google]
1476563651218.jpg
30KB, 527x795px
>>158254073
>Mostly speaking of people on other websites
>Reddit spacing
Really activates your almonds
>>
>>158254445
You can start by not discussing anime on fucking facebook, twitter, youtube you goddamn moron. If you need to be told this you need to fuck out of 4chan.
>>
>>158253434
>seasonal oriented taste
You're lucky. I ask someone "So what shows are you watching this season?" and I get a blank stare in return.
>>
>I'm not a weeb, I'm an otaku
These people are the worst
>>
I don't care largely about the western anime or manga fanbase at all since they are clueless retards who think subscribing to things like Crunchyroll help sustain the industry because they parrot Youtube shit.I like how we've finally got a decent selection of light novels in English and Legend of the Galactic Heroes and the Monogatari series is now available but ironic weebs are as bad as those people who watch The Big Bang Theory and suddenly think they are an expert on American comics despite never having picked up a single issue in their life.
>>
>>158257203
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1373830831341.jpg (189KB, 492x500px) Image search: [Google]
1373830831341.jpg
189KB, 492x500px
It's as you've said. The western anime fanbase has been invaded by normals who are only interested in things at surface level, who only watch very popular shows, and who don't care about anything beyond that, let alone the medium as a whole. It's obvious that this is happening on places like Reddit, MAL, and Facebook.

For what it's worth, this actually makes the western anime community more like the Japanese, in that there is now a wider variety of different subgroups watching anime and reading manga. If that's a good thing or not, I'm not sure.
>>
>>158257398

>The Big Bang Theory begins to namedrop anime and manga to keep going for another ten years
>>
>>158254928
Not him, but 4chan is a place to discuss abime too though.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.