[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>intense scene where all of humanity hangs in the balance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

>characters might die and if even if they don't their lives will never be the same
>fanservice
What the fuck Gainax
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 620x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 620x445px
>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened?
>>
>>158247639
Don't fuck my thread up with your bait
>>
>>158247533
Are you gay anon? Its just a tit
>>
>>158247533
Was it really fanservice though? I think they were just trying to be edgy more than anything. I've always been more curious about the decision to make the final episode black and white.
>>
>>158247533
>not being a connoisseur who enjoys feeling the testosterone boost of a climactic situation enhanced by lewdness
It's like you're still a normalfag who can't into multi-faceted storytelling.
>>
>>158247533
>Being distracted by a tittie instead of awestruck that Noriko tore through two layers of clothing with her bare hand

You guys seriously don't do this, right?
>>
>>158247533
There is nothing sexual about milk dispensers. True men love to plough the rump as nature intended.
>>
>>158247721
To be honest, I quite liked the earlier fan service scenes. They didn't distract from the plot, and were quite well animated for the time.
>>158247777
Budget
>>
>>158247533

That particular one is because she has to rip inside her self, so actually had to rip her shirt to make it work correctly. And because boobz.

>>158247777

ayyyee quads

>I've always been more curious about the decision to make the final episode black and white.

Its to look like a old history video, because that episodes 'real time' is the future when she comes back. So think about watching that episode, as if you where watching a old black and white WW2 video now. Is the idea at least.
>>
>>158247846

It cost more from them to do it in black and white, believe it or not.
>>
>>158247777
Because it looks cool
>>
The nips don't differentiate between muh serious story and humor as much as the west. I don't know how you got through anime up to this point, but there are so many anime where the show will be making jokes and other silly shit when millions of people are about to die.
>>
>>158247639
>Wings of Honneamise
Very meh movie
>>
>>158247830
By the way, how the blue hell did she pull that one off?
>>
>>158247533
Why are you so flustered over a boobie?
Nudity is like one of those things you stop caring about during those situations, it's not sexual and really serves to drive the point of how focused the character is in what he is doing.
>>
>>158247984
I get that, but this wasn't humor. It was her left breast.
>>158248018
I'm not that flustered, it didn't REALLY take me out of the situation, but it did strike me as a bit queer.
>>
>>158247680
>dont bait in my bait thread
Hwat did he mean by this
>>
This cunt was super annoying.
>>
>>158248422
It was not a bait thread, it was a legitimate thread trying to get an answer.
>>
>>158247990
Hard work and guts.
>>
>>158248117
>but it did strike me as a bit queer.

given the context it really shouldn't
>>
>>158248765
Perhaps I should have used a different word.
>>
>>158247533
A GOOD breast
>>
>>158247533
>taking seriously anime
>ever
I'm the only one that was laughing my ass off with Texhnolyze?
>>
bumperino
>>
>>158247533
Use of fanservice in dramatic scenery is an old tradition anon
>>
>>158251280
That was just so the French would have something to pleasure themselves to
>>
>>158247533

I can't remember exactly why she rips open her shirt, but I vaguely remember it having something to do with ripping out part of the Gunbuster in what was to be a major sacrifice in order to save humanity.

Nothing about the scene struck me as fan-service. It was about how Noriko is no longer the cute innocent girl she once was. I may be reading too much into it, but the scene felt more like female empowerment. She shows the audience she doesn't give two shits about what she has to do, she no longer cares about hiding she's a woman, all that matters is she is going to kill ever last one of these fucking aliens and save humanity no matter what the cost. At the time, they both thought they would never see another living human again from the time...thing. You think she cares about her breast being exposed?

I've seen more than my share of fan-service. Nothing about this scene felt like exploiting her gender. It felt more like "I am woman, hear me roar, now die all you sons of bitches"
>>
>>158251804
This
>>
>>158251804
>>158252620

In fact, if memory serves me right, just before this Noriko asks Kazumi to let her handle this important situation and she agrees addressing her with the honorific that she's either her equal or her superior (can't remember which). This is a HUGE deal in Japanese culture. Noriko who used to idolize her and just hopes to keep up with this superstar pilot is now seen as her equal by her. Hardly a fan-service scene.

You remember that scene at the end of Rambo First Blood Part II where starts shooting all the Army equipment and, in pure rage, starts shooting in the air screaming? As odd as this sounds, this is the female Japanese version of that.
>>
>>158247777
Because they ran out of money, and time. But mostly the lack of money. So they skipped coloring and animating the huge battle defending the black hole bomb. Which is too bad because it would have a pretty epic battle judging by the still images (entire planets being blown away from collateral damage).
>>
>skip through the entire battle in a fucking montage
Goddamn it Gunbuster is terrible.
>>
>>158247915
Seriously? I have only ever heard the explanation as the budget being empty.
>>
>>158247777
>I've always been more curious about the decision to make the final episode black and white.
Anno just likes his artsy stuff.
Probably is because of the same reason as to why there is no gigantic space fleet vs. aliens fight in the episode too, other than just numbers on the screen telling the audience what has happened. This, and if they colored everything, would distract the audience from what Anno wanted to highlight (by not having the color or space battle), the emotional climax and sacrifice of Noriko, as well as the completion of her character and Onee-sama's arcs.

The black and white also evokes the poignancy of the entire series and war, draining the emotion and color from everything; Everyone felt tired and sad. The entire outcome of the war was coming down to the line also, and it was going to be black and white moment for the Humans vs. Aliens if the Black Hole Bomb didn't succeed. Yet Noriko still has the guts and courage to push forward, and succeed too.
>>
>>158254112
Say what you want about Anno, the final space battle was still shafted because they blew the budget on blow and hookers.
>>
>>158247639
>tipping intensifies
>>
why do westerners think fan services can't coexist with sophisticated matters?
>>
>>158247533
>Take a serious well loved classic anime
>Add tits and pubes while butchering the characters
>Act surprised when ultimately the anime is a shallow excuse for tits
What the fuck Gainaxfags
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
Alright, so, from the mastermind behind Gundam himself;
>So I was very upset when I saw Evangelion, because it was apparent to me that the people who made it weren't thinking at all about making fun for or gaining the sympathy of the audience. Instead they tried to convince the audience to admit that everybody is sick, practically in the middle of a nervous breakdown, all the time. I don't think you should show things like that to everybody. It's not entertainment for the masses--it's much more interested in admitting that we're all depressed nervous wrecks, I thought. It was a work that told people it was okay to be depressed, and it accepted the psychological state that said if you don't like the way the world works, then it's okay to just pick up a gun and attack someone. I don't think that's a real work of art. When people see that, they begin to realize they are the same way. I think that we should try to show people how to live healthier, fuller lives, to foster their identity as a part of their community, and to encourage them to work happily until they die. I can't accept any work that doesn't say that.

Why do you still cling to your shitty pleb shows even after based Tomino has Blown you The Fuck Out, Gainaxfags? Even your go to "masterpiece" Cuckbuster has been destroyed on /m/ multiple times. Watch some good anime like Gundam 0079, Gundam Zeta, Gundam ZZ, or Patlabor instead of this pseudo intellectual edgy Deviantart shit. I mean, the Evas aren't even robots, just shitty ultra man knockoffs. Go back to school, go back to /v/, I don't care, but either you get some good taste or you get BRIGHTSLAPPED out with you sissy bullshit; /m/ is for /m/EN.

Did I mention both NGE and Gunbuster were referenced in Tumblr universe? Really puts things in perspective, huh?
>>
>>158254632
1/10
>>
>>158254632
>Watch some anime
>like (...) ZZ Gundam
0/10 worst bait I've ever seen in my entire life.
>>
>>158254632
Fuck, lost. 7/10.
>>
>>158253893
You meant KINO
>>
>>158247533
>characters might die and if even if they don't their lives will never be the same
>viewer gets bothered by a tit
>>
>>158255603
>A meteor is crashing down into the Earth
>A mecha pilot makes a suicidal last ditch effort to push the meteor away from the planet at the cost of his life
>This is a super high stakes moment where a majority of humanity will be killed if he fails
Sounds cool, right?
>He whips out his dick for no reason
How about now?
>>
>>158248018
>it's not sexual
Depends more or less on the context. In this case, I agree with you.
>>
>>158251280
>my eyes are up here you know
>>
>>158255774
Didn't she have to remove a panel covering the mech's core or something?
It's been a while since I saw the show.
>>
>>158247533
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o33Rv2Z-4iI
That episode legit fucked me up
Early Gainax made me cry so hard
>>
>>158254175
I like how Anno gets pushed to his limit when the budget dwindles tbqh. Makes me think Kara's huge budget was a mistake.
>>
>>158255774
The mech's core was in its chest which totally makes sense. It's simply a move that the mech designers never thought of so they didn't design strong clothes, or a little lid to put over the tit so she could open it. I bet you wouldn't have given a shit if the pilot were a man.
Your example is just silly.
>>
>>158247533
Diebuster was a piece of shit in comparison with gunbuster
>>
File: nerae.jpg (247KB, 1200x405px) Image search: [Google]
nerae.jpg
247KB, 1200x405px
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.