[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are thousands upon thousands of anime out there yet /a/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4173.png (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_4173.png
1B, 486x500px
There are thousands upon thousands of anime out there yet /a/ only discusses currently airing and mainstream shows. Do you all have such shallow interest in expanding your horizons that you ignore the countless anime available that are often better than what you normally discuss?
>>
>/a/ only discusses currently airing
Not much actually.
>>
>>158193113
They've already been discussed to death.
>>
Mainstream? Nah, if you showed the average anime / manga fan most of the posts here, they wouldn't understand a thing.
>>
>>158193271
These series are mainstream in Japan and on /a/, the former of which is the only one that matters since this is an inherently Japanese hobby. Who gives a fuck about what "normal" viewers know about.
>>
>>158193194
Currently airing and generals make up like 80% of this board.
>>
>>158193254
Formulaic shit like Yuru Yuri and GochiUsa haven't? They have threads up more often than old shows with actual content that have been barely discussed.
>>
>>158193113
lurk for two years before posting, kiddo.
>>
>>158193271
Can confirm, years ago I didn't understand a thing. But I agree with OP's sentiment.
>>
>>158193113
If it's not a heartwarming story about cute girls doing their best I don't want to watch it.
>>
>>158193113
The problem is there's only so much that can be discussed about finished shows; give it enough time, the themes would be discussed to death already. Keeping such threads isn't healthy, because said threads would devolve to shitty circlejerks. Case in point: Madoka and GuP
>>
>>158193113
Well over a thousand shows have come and gone since /a/ itself existed. We talked about those shows when they were airing back then. /a/ actually has talked about everything under the sun at one point or another; your being a newfag to the medium and assuming everyone is like you and wants to talk about stuff from years ago is not our fault.

I've seen over 700 shows; I don't have terrible much of a real backlog left and rewatching is something you usually do yourself for fun assuming you can't get much of any talk about it - here or anywhere. So people like me have only seasons. IMO you are not even fit to talk here unless you literally have lurked for years and seen 250+ shows. You will learn a lot and have many epiphanies about things like moe, SoL, the structure of the industry and studios, how shitty and boring shonen actually are etc. I don't care about any of your epiphanies. You are simply still catching up to people like me and thinking out loud in this board just looks like noise to me which I ignore, and then you get mad wondering why few bother to talk to you about old stuff or stuff many of us realized a long time ago.

>tl:dr lurk more
>>
>>158193113
> Do you all have such shallow interest in expanding your horizons that you ignore the countless anime available that are often better than what you normally discuss?
I see this logic all the time, and it boggles me how fucking stupid you have to be to think that's how things work. If you have a hundred people, and they each are currently watching ten mainstream/current shows (out of ~100-200 of those, let's say) and ten obscure ones (out of thousands of obscure anime), the overlap is obviously to be mostly between the more popular ones, and that's where the fucking discussion is going to be, because you need multiple people for discussion. I watched Towa no Quon yesterday, and it was decent, and I've seen it mentioned here before, but I'm not going to discuss that right now, because probably no one else watched it yesterday. Instead, I'm going to go to the active threads for Rokudenashi and Sukasuka and Mahou no Sho, because those fucking came out yesterday and everyone just watched them.
>>
One can tell that this is a just a little circlejerk thread with replies already prepared in advance.
>>
>>158194508
A circlejerk of pretentious, wannabe anime experts?
>>
>>158194037
haHAA kiddo 19 btw
>>
File: IMG_2838.jpg (20KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2838.jpg
20KB, 223x226px
>>158194437
>>
>>158194437
>IMO you are not even fit to talk here unless you literally have lurked for years and seen 250+ shows.
Do you count dropped anime as watched? Different series of the same franchise (gundams, Jojo, macross, precure etc) to be individual series? Do you take into account ovas and shorts?
The criteria you gave is too narrow.
>>
>>158193113
Stop crying because you weren't around for when they aired and were discussed, underage.
>>
Dude not even 10k anime exist
there really arent that many at all
>>
>>158197833
And only about 100 are not complete shit.
>>
>>158194037
Fuck off idiot
>>
>>158193113
It's funny how people here pretend to be elitist but only watch new and entry level shit and rarely watch anything older than 15 years
>>
>>158193113
The only board with less knowledge of its respective medium is /tv/
>>
>>158193113
Things that are new or popular dominate conversation, more news at 11.
>>
>>158197011 #
Drops and shorts don't count. "Short" is also quite relative to how short it actually is - you can blow through an entire two minute anime in about a half hour. Wakaba*Girl or Muromi-san however are long enough to feel like a real show so do count imo, but there are few 10-15 min shows so that is not a big deal.

Multiple seasons of the same thing are more arbitrary, but IMO don't count. Keeping track of hours vs overall series is getting to the needless autism parts that make me hate sites like MAL and everyone who takes them seriously. It shouldn't be something to track obsessively so much as something you look back on after a while and go "damn, I watched 50 shows that year" etc. Marathoning show after show on a backlog is difficult to keep up for a long time without burning out and even then imo does not remotely automatically catch a newfag up if he is watching shows out of some peer pressure obligation that he didn't really feel like. Nothing will substitute for physically being here years and seeing a lot of series come and go.

It sounds like a bunch of lording over elitist shit but what the message really is, is that anime should not be a chore or epeen garbage contest but a pleasure, and you should naturally like being here for years and watching many things out of authentic interest. Newfags often have a bad habit of trying too hard in epeen shit, over-wrought analysis and seeking validation, which is ironic because the medium does not take itself seriously most of the time and rarely ever has going back decades. In other words learn and grow naturally to avoid embarrassing yourself and avoid shitting up the board with garbage newfag thoughts, and know that this will take years.
>>
>>158193113
Why would you watch mediocre or worse shows from many seasons ago when the currently airing ones of that quality may have a surprisingly good end?
>>
>>158194437
Lel what a condescending prick
>>
Lucky Star is a terrible anime. It's still better than TTGL.
>>
>>158195384
True, real anime experts only watch moeshit and make daily circlejerk thrrads about it
>>
>>158198270
Because from what is actually discussed on /a/, you would have to be retarded to think shit like Hinako Note or the latest idol or card shit are better than obscure, older titles yet they get maxed threads when there's nothing to discuss.
>>
File: 1365004847490.gif (1B, 486x500px)
1365004847490.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>158193113
We've already discussed and shit-posted a lot of them to hell and back including Lucky Star, the anime that still get discussed are the very popular ones or those with a small but dedicated following. There's no real way to find out how many people watch airing or finished shows on /a/, but if you go into any thread and mention an obscure anime then I guarantee there's at least a couple of people who know what you're talking about. It's fresh original content that keeps the discussion going, you can't just talk about the same thing over and over again years later without wanting to sudoku, I don't think there's a big amount of older stuff still getting OC much less it getting translated.

I'm up for discussion any time if I see a thread up, but there usually aren't many of them, and a lot of the ones I do see have the OP going "can we discuss this" or "can we talk about this", just a generally shitty OP like this thread, I only really use the pre-2000s thread now because I don't really care enough to make threads on here anymore.
>>
File: 1495493110028.gif (85KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495493110028.gif
85KB, 250x300px
>>158198351
>>
>>158198859
OH BOY HERE WE GO
>>
People don't even discuss anime here, they discuss the cute girls in them. Utterly pleb board.
>>
>>158198679
You can watch those old, obscure good series all you want but it will be difficult to drum up conversation about them on /a/. It's not just an /a/ thing so much as a fucking anywhere thing because by nature of being old and obscure, few other people on the planet are watching it at the same time you are and also are browsing here and also are game to talk about it a lot. If they actually saw it originally long ago and talked about it long ago they probably don't feel like talking about it and wanted to see it just because it's good, etc.

Even so many series within the past 10-15 years can get threads going here, it is partially tied into how relevant they ever were on /a/ in the first place. Some shows are permanently dead here even while they were airing etc.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.