[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is something wrong with this? Why doesn't /a/ talk about it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: warau-salesman-new.jpg (15KB, 225x299px) Image search: [Google]
warau-salesman-new.jpg
15KB, 225x299px
Is something wrong with this? Why doesn't /a/ talk about it
>>
>>158179768
Dude creeps me out, i can't make myself watch it
>>
It's garbage.
>>
I saw threads early on, but I got tired of the formula. I imagine other anons felt the same, no cute girls and not enough action. I'm still watching but I suspect that's because I'm older, and from my experience older anons always have longer posts and like the shows that deviate from the norm.
>>
It looked interesting but I never watched it because it seems like an one-trick pony.
>>
Its great, this week thread probably died a very early death. The 2nd story this week was actually nice, he got other old guys to talk too now.
>>
File: smug bomber 3.jpg (14KB, 234x232px) Image search: [Google]
smug bomber 3.jpg
14KB, 234x232px
>>158179768
I love the show, and have since it's beginning. However, the entire point of the show is taking the piss out of people who try to live beyond their means with the gifts given to them, which doesn't resonate well with the numale americlaps on /a/.
>>
It feels very bland, honestly. Like it's not really trying. And it has no cute little girls to make up for that. Every episode could be condensed to a 5 minute short.
>>
>>158180632
>>158179964
>no cute girls

Are you guys serious? Go watch K-On or whatever shit you think is "good anime" you fucking plebs.
>>
>>158180631
You know, even though I think that's a gay as fuck message, I finally get the show. It was never supposed to be a monkeys paw, it's just the typical Japanese "you shouldn't try to achieve more than we want you to" mentality.
>>
I feel bad about the mom episode.

I mean, he did give her advice, and that was to stand up to the bully super mom.

She was too afraid and so in the end she got bullied out her apartment. She could have just sued the fuck out of her
>>
>>158180711
universal mentality

the economy is a system. if you achieve more than you are supposed to given your means, you're either a brilliant cheater or making a horrible mistake.
>>
>>158181009
I think that was a good ending, now she is free from the crazy mom but unfortunately her passive nature gonna stays.Hopefully not living in a dump though.
>>
>>158180711
Eh, even the lyrics talk about it. I find the show quite enjoyable, seeing 2d people fucked without any major motives and Moguro's shenanigans is pretty nice, but there is not much to talk about this show. Even if the warau fat man' identity is not given, the way the script explores it by not exposing nothing at all gives no room for commentaries.

The heart of men has many holes. WOHOHOHO
>>
>>158179768
It's the boring monkey's paw wish formula repeated ad nauseum, and most of the "punishments" are relatively tame. If it mixed up the formula more, or at least had more interesting wishes paired with more horrific consequences, it might be interesting. As it is the show is boring wasted potential.
>>
At least we can all agree that it has a great OP/ED, right?
>>
>>158182731
This.

The show itself is not even that bad even it is not everybody's cup of tea.
>>
>>158181032
There's no such thing as cheating, only winning and losing.
>>
>>158179768
It's a show about hardcore bullying with an ugly MC. It reminds everyone of sad memories
>>
>>158179768
I only watched the first episode and I can't get over how retarded his design looks.
Other than that I just found it really meh. I feel like I'd get tired of its gimmick pretty quickly.
>>
It's great desu.
>>
File: 1496426762699.png (130KB, 426x576px) Image search: [Google]
1496426762699.png
130KB, 426x576px
>>158179964
>"I'm old"
>inb4 some sub 25yo bitch

The only deviation is that it isn't some kind of revenge fetish show like many others, just plain dumb and flawed people getting fucked over, you really could try to squeeze some kind of lesson from this show, but you see the salesman doing some petty shit, like making a dude go on a date with a doll just to frame him as a molester, and you realize he's just a dick.
>>
>>158179768
>No cute girls
>No contrived shonen bullshit
>No haremshit/waifufaggotry
>You're actually supposed to dislike/fear the MC
>Episodic stories without overarching plots
This goes against all the shit taste /a/ has acquired over the years. It's probably the most "normalfag" anime airing right now save for maybe Attack on Titan, another anime /a/ hates.

Personally I think it's a great show to just watch when there's nothing on tv.
>>
japanese dilbert is completely uninteresting
>>
>>158182731
When the hell do the full versions release?
>>
>>158179964

>no cute girls
The whole /a/ catalog is nothing but "cute girls".
Give me a break.
>>
>>158179768
Looks like /co/ material.
>>
>>158179768
I like it but the stories are a bit hit or miss. Moguro is pretty entertaining.
>>
Isn't the show just a remake anyway?
>>
>>158188669
Some parts are remakes from the old series, but most are new stories.
>>
>>158179768
There were threads for the first couple episodes. Most people dropped by this point.
>>
File: mogurogakirei.jpg (775KB, 1238x1624px) Image search: [Google]
mogurogakirei.jpg
775KB, 1238x1624px
>>
I like it. It's no AOTS, but it's something I look forward to watching every week. The concept is different, but repetitive.

One problem I have with the story is that it has some loopholes such as who the hell the Master (bartender) is. Someone in the last thread said he's like the Grim Reaper, but has it ever been confirmed? Another plot hole is how Moguro hires people to work for him. He has all these connections but it's never been explained how he knows them. For example, a lonely salaryman meets some cute girl and later she says something like "my contract with Moguro expires..."
>>
>>158190472
>A-anon-kun, why are you taking me on a romantic moonlit dinner?
>B-but I'm still a virgin!
>Kyaa~
>>
>>158190679
It's not a plot hole simply because it's unexplained. A plot hole is something that makes absolutely no sense, like for example a character knowing something when there's no reason he could've known this.

This is just my speculation, but I think Moguro is supposed to be some kind of modern yokai, his motivation being "because fuck you". Explaining how his powers work would actually undermine his character to a certain extent.
>>
>>158190872
Ahh, okay. Thanks for the correction.
>>
File: 1490972376237.jpg (476KB, 1239x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490972376237.jpg
476KB, 1239x1080px
I didn't liked the writing so much. It all devolves to "oh these guys got their just desserts because they made a mistake" but it is done in a way that does not bring you neither momentousness joy nor long standing reflection.
As the protagonist has almost no personality and everything is episodic you have no characters to drive the show forward either. You neither feel bad for their fate nor you strongly thinks the characters deserved it either.

IMO a better plot would be the Salesman actually being together the ruses but not even doing anything himself and just seeing them destroying themselves or having him fucking with one character and but having him either fix his ways and mistakes (turning this into some kind of fables-like story). It would add "depth" to the story.

>woman desires too much things
>salesman gives her toys to drown even more in her desires
>woman tries to softly use the money in another way to try cheating the ruleset
>ends up worse than before
>moral: don't desire too much or if you are going to don't cheat this specific guy
Not interesting enough.
>>
>>158192695
Thank Jesus Christ you are not scriptwriting this show.
>>
File: DBjfP_TUMAAvcH1.jpg (55KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DBjfP_TUMAAvcH1.jpg
55KB, 640x360px
What do you think Moguro smells like, /a/? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>158183397
Found the ancap
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.