[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the point of watching an anime that you know will only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Whats the point of watching an anime that you know will only adapt the first quarter or less of a manga? You wouldn't read half a book after all.
>>
What's the point of reading a manga that you know will not end for at least 5 years?
>>
My life is one series of ironic events after another. I sleep every night because it is trendy, but I don't actually rest. Resting is sincerity and honesty, it's a thing that grounds us to the core of being human and refreshes the senses, which obscure minds have ruled out as "completely and totally bullshit". And so, even if my eyes are squeezed shut and my chest heaves gently with the rolling march of involuntary function, I am not at rest. I am simply in a stage of incoherence. Every morning I wake up and drink water, and I smile while doing so, as the central idea of drinking water is done to alleviate a sincere bodily need: thirst. I do so out of artistic and authorial humor. The idea of thirst is is not so much manufactured as it is something to be overcome through the power of irony. My day progresses in this fashion, while I contemplate how tomorrow I can further overcome my own sense of irony and the profound lack of genuine interests in my own life.
>>
I'll probably drop it halfway in anyway so it doesn't make a difference.
>>
A better comparison would be the second of five books that had a good stopping point.
>>
File: elf.jpg (881KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
elf.jpg
881KB, 1920x1080px
Yes, too many adaptations never are completed.

The best thing we can do maybe is to forget about these shows and focus on current season ones. At least it's good to see the improvements they make.
>>
>>158157466
At least i know it'll end... eventually
>>
>>158157435
Yeah but /a/ wouldn't even read a book, lmao.
>>
>>158157435
because reading is a colossal waste of time. someone else's story isn't supposed to trump your own imagination, it's only meant to provide a general visual and audio basis which anime does perfectly.
>>
>>158157435
>Whats the point of living your life if you know you will only be happy for the first quarter or less of it?
>>
>>158158560
First quarter if you're lucky enough to die early.
>>
>>158158539
>someone else's story isn't supposed to trump your own imagination, it's only meant to provide a general visual and audio basis which anime does perfectly.
What the fuck are you even trying to say here?
>>
>>158158109
Except where you don't. Manga having proper endings is even rarer than anime, most just stop or have a rushed finale that makes the whole thing seem pointless.
>>
>>158157435
That's why I watch anime, and if I liked it, I read the manga.

I only read manga that is finished or is just too long/obscure to be adapted. If some of it gets adapted, depends on the studio if I would watch it ot not.
>>
>>158159094
I'm pretty sure manga have endings more often than anime. They may not be translated though
>>
>>158157435

This is why I almost never watch adaptations, if something looks interesting I just go check out the source material instead.

The only difference being series where I'm already a fan of the source material that are being made by a studio I like. Because that's fanservice for a story I'm already spoiled about
>>
CGDCT doesn't need an ending.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.