[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is my first time in /a/ and I want to know if /a/ likes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (188KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
188KB, 1280x800px
This is my first time in /a/ and I want to know if /a/ likes Kinnikuman
>>
>>158157345
You'll rarely find Kinnikuman fans or threads here on /a/. The fanbase is admittedly pretty small, and barely anything gets discussed here, like did you know the latest arc of Kinnikuman ended last month?

It doesn't help that the guys who're supposed to be subbing the anime are a bunch of lazy fuckwits who're taking forever to do it.
>>
I wish a new anime for this so badly.
>>
>>158159175
Since when is getting translated ? I knew about the latest arc ended but not about the anime.

Btw is kinda sad to see the little love to Kinnikuman...
>>
>>158160242
The arc's being translated by HerculesFactory on tumblr. It's up to Volume 50.
https://herculesfactory.tumblr.com/

The anime's being translated by the slow fucks at HokutoNoGun,
http://www.hokutonogun.com/
>>
>>158157345
I've heard good things about this anime but what's so good about it exactly?
>>
File: rainbow danger.jpg (69KB, 295x484px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow danger.jpg
69KB, 295x484px
>>158157345
I think Kinnikuman is really stupid in the same way that many manga, anime, comic books, , movies and wrestling itself were really stupid in the 80's. But it's also a ton of fun, like those things.

It's the sort of series I can't safely recommend to people who grew up on One Piece and Shaman King and stuff, but I love it. Robin Mask is the best, followed by Terryman and Sunshine.
>>
Problems w/ Kinnikuman:

1. Ultimate Muscle was half-censorship & half-shitty jokes & they shoved it off a cliff when it stopped being popular like they did with Cromartie, BUT still retain the rights & keep the license because muh money.

2. It wasn't until literally now that I was aware ANYONE was translating it anymore, because every path I found was a couple chapters into Kinnikuman II: The Legend of Curly's Gold & then it just skipped like a literal hundred chapters.

3. Not enough Sunshine or Warsman anymore. They're down on Wolfman status.
>>
File: terryman.png (211KB, 332x331px) Image search: [Google]
terryman.png
211KB, 332x331px
Who Terryman here?
>>
>>158159839
crucify me for saying this if you want, but I would be totally okay if Kinnikuman got a new anime and exploded in popularity like JJBA did.
>>
>>158160894
It basically inspired everything else everyone loves
>>
>>158160904
That's the same reason of why i liked it. I really like things "over the top".
>>
>>158161278
this. People credit Dragonball for inventing the modern shonen, but all it did was take cues from Kinnikuman.
>>
>>158161195
Why would anyone hate too hard on you just hoping for success? I mean, it had a legit story & Ultimate Muscle was almost bearable when it wasn't a 4kids level joke ever five seconds (yeah, i know the jokes were still there, but 4Kids is trash)
>>
>>158161753
people on /a/ tend to hate it when something that used to be niche become popular.

Honestly, the way Kinnikuman is getting so much merch recently reminds me of how the JoJo merch really amped up, along with new video games, before the anime happened.

fingers crossed, etc.
>>
File: 20170420115304[1].jpg (86KB, 504x712px) Image search: [Google]
20170420115304[1].jpg
86KB, 504x712px
>>158161009
can't wait.
>>
I tried to find Kinnikuman Nisei manga a while ago because I liked Ultimate Muscle as a kid.

I barely found anything translated
>>
>>158157345
Didn't catch the original, but I loved the sequel with Kid.
>>
>>158164469
i have never watched Kid muscle. It's worth ?
>>
Watched bits and pieces off the show as a kid, which inspired me to read to read the manga but that was a long time ago now I want to rewatch the anime
>>
>>158157345
literally 80's one punch man
>>
File: Diabolos.gif (1MB, 1428x1797px) Image search: [Google]
Diabolos.gif
1MB, 1428x1797px
>>158157345
It's my favorite franchise.

I'm sure the fanbase here is majorly the older /a/nons.
>>
File: 113712.jpg (22KB, 225x334px) Image search: [Google]
113712.jpg
22KB, 225x334px
>>158165464
I'm glad to see another fan.

>What is your favorite character ?

For me is this guy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs52iyo559o
>>
File: 4D_Killer_Combo.gif (2MB, 1434x1731px) Image search: [Google]
4D_Killer_Combo.gif
2MB, 1434x1731px
>>158166135
Springman is my favorite.I love his redemption story.

Like the 4D killer Combo a lot too
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.