[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking hate tournament arcs, especially the ones where there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

I fucking hate tournament arcs, especially the ones where there is the "you can't le kill your opponent XD everyone must be happy and have fun fighting!" fucking pandering fest for power level faggots, this is why the Dark Tournament is the best tournament arc ever
>>
>>158088034
Try not to cut yourself with that edge, kid.
>>
>>158088034
I like them, they give matchups that wouldn't happen outside of a tournament.
>>
>>158088482
like my boy george lucas once said, visual effects without story is just boring
the same can be said to fights without consequences
>>
>>158088929
>the same can be said to fights without consequences
Consequences don't have to be life and death bro
>>
>>158088929
That's rich coming from George Lucas, just saying. And if you think non-lethal tournaments cannot have consequences, boy are you wrong.

What tournament got you so angry now? Or are you just venting randomly?
>>
File: 0172-017.jpg (502KB, 1814x1300px) Image search: [Google]
0172-017.jpg
502KB, 1814x1300px
>tournament ark begins, gets a few cute battles
>suddenly one of combatants unleashes attack at organizers and crashes the fucking ark
>>
Tournament arcs are the greatest thing ever for your first couple, and then you keep watching anime and there's just more and more, and they get old fast. Obviously there are exceptions, those that really rise above the crop to become something special, but I agree with you OP that I groan whenever I see them boming.
>>
>>158088929
>fights without consequences

This is why the Geneva Convention ruined everything. This little bratty chucklefuck wouldn't be saying shit like this if you could still capture your enemies and force them to fight for your amusement and do things to their families depending on whether they win or lose.
>>
What's wrong with liking power levels
It's fun to discuss who beats who
>>
File: vlcsnap-2012-06-29-23h33m25s36.png (514KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-06-29-23h33m25s36.png
514KB, 1024x576px
I will never for the life of me get bored of tournament arcs where the heroes completely destroy cocky regular joes who act big.

Bonus points if the hero doesn't realize how much stronger he really is
>>
The only good tournaments are Medaka Box's
>>
When the world isn't on the line the good guys can actually lose. Like how Ash can never ever win shit.

The real problem with tournaments is the time wasting announcers explaining every single little thing in detail. But it's not like that's unique to tournaments because if no one is around they'll just have the fighters narrate everything internally.
>>
>>158089593
If WW2 was a cliché filled shounen, who would the protagonist be?
>>
>>158091134
Truman
>>
>>158091134
Japan, fighting to improve the world and loses to the big bad guy.
A tragedy.
>>
>>158089643
because speculating what powers and abilities would win in a certain match up is more fun than "whos da strongest number"
>>
>>158088929

Tournaments fights are better because the hero can lose. When the world is at stake, the good guys will always win.
>>
>>158088929
Yeah, man, that's why all series involving non-combat competitions are shit, too. If no one dies, who cares?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.