[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really dislike Tintin, his presence in the story questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: mirio.png (383KB, 900x1156px) Image search: [Google]
mirio.png
383KB, 900x1156px
I really dislike Tintin, his presence in the story questions if Deku is worthy of OfA and his strength is raising the powerlevel.
He is a swell guy and I would gladly hang out with him but he is bad for the story.
>>
That's because you know that the only reason Decu "deserves" One for All is clichéd shonenshit reasons and realistically speaking Nirio would be indeed a far better candidate. In fact, 9/10 heroes are a better candidate.

"M-muh purity of heart" is not a good reason to give someone powerless a ton of power, and there are in fact many actually good stories about why that is.
>>
>>158084970
Oh wow an unexpected good post in an unlikely thread
>>
>>158085109
Exactly what I thought, we already have too many weaklings getting OP with external forces MCs. I guess self inserts are too strong.
>>
What gets me is that Deku is totally useless with his current powerlevel and only serves as a jobber or talking head because the villains are simply too strong.
>>
You guys are retarded and missing the entire point of what All Might was looking for in a OfA successor. It's not about autistically min-maxing the power of who wields it, but rather build up a symbol of peace that deters villains, keep civilian morale up and inspires the new generation, simply by existing. That's why All Might saves random passerbys when everything indicates he could be better used elsewhere. It's about having a OfA user who would save anyone, any time.

The current arc, and Lemillion being more "strategic" and letting Eri suffer by waiting to save her, shows precisely why he isn't suited for it. Perhaps he would be more powerful, but the long term benefits of having someone like Deku far outweighs it.
>>
>>158085648
>You guys are missing the point!

Said every member of the MHA defense force.
>>
>>158085709
I bet you argue about powerlevels.
>>
>>158085648
>It's about having a OfA user who would save anyone, any time.
Mirio wouldn't ?
>>
>>158085773
I bet you actually think MHA is a decent shonen.
>>
>>158086101
I think he's saying that Mirio might think of postponing saving someone for strategic purposes whereas Deku just rushes head on.
>>
>>158085413
When has deku jobbed recently? Against villains anyway?
>>
>>158086101
He literally says he's calling himself Lemillion because he can't save everyone, but he still wants to save a million people.
>>
>lemillion
>le

FUCKING DROPPED
>>
>>158085109
S-stop that anon, I'm blushing~
>>
>>158086287
Deku's track record against not just villains but other heroes as well is ass, and his last fight with any stakes to it was over 60 chapters ago because the author is writing around his gimp-mode.
>>
>>158084525
It's a needed element to help Deku grow up, grow stronger and become the symbol that all Might wants him to be.

>>158084970
I would argue that Deku getting OfA because of Purity of hearth is actually a good reason. Deku is supposed to be the next symbol of piece.

While Nirio and basically everyone else could use OfA better, I don't believe they would end up being a symbol of piece.
>>
>>158085648
Lemillion wouldn't be a good OfA successor. Here's a few who would:

Tsuyu
Uraraka
Kirishima
Tokoyami
Yaoyorozu
Steel guy
Invisigal
Any from the big 3
A random good cop
That wood guy
Bunch more people I can't be arsed to remember
>>
>>158087414
>Lemillion wouldn't be a good OfA successor. Here's a few who would:
>anyone from the big 3
>>
>>158087341
I think purity of heart is necessary but not sufficient to being a great successor; which is why Deku's hardworking attitude works well. While other heros might have been more powerful on paper with OfA, his drive is born from his inadequacy and of desire to meet the expectations placed on him.

There's also the fact that Deku has shown considerable ability to lift up his allies and rivals, something Mirio shares with him. That said, having two great heroes could be a lot better than having just one amazing hero.
>>
>>158087523
>Deku's hardworking attitude works well
Wait, what?

>Never works out in his childhood despite wanting to become a hero until AM trains him
>Never works to train his quirk unless someone tells him to
>>
>entire story is about what it truly means to be a hero
>why didn't he give his power to someone more competent ? Deku's heroism doesn't mean shit !

>story presents another potential successor on both the hero and villain side
>see, this guy is much better, he sould have been the successor
>two entire chapters are dedicated to why deku was chosen (by good timing) and people still don't get it

The whole point of Mirio and Overhaul are for Izuku a,d Shigaraki to surpass them and show them what makes them special enough to be Symbol of Peace or Evil
There's nothing deep about it, noone claim there is, but you faggots still can't fucking understand a story for teens
>>
>>158087523
Well, obviously it's not enough. But to me it seems like All Might is driven by the logic that Deku or any of his potential successors can become stronger, but those who aren't pure of hearth can't become pure of hearth no matter how much they try.

Deku was willing to jump and save someone in danger without having absolutely any power. Lemillion openly admits that he can't save everyone so he will just try to save as many as possible. He gave up before even trying.

Basically Deku is mentally fit to be the symbol even thought he's physically the furthest he can be.
>>
>>158087190
The only fights hes straight up lost have been against Todoroki and Bakugou. And I guess against Shiggy and Noumu, but that was just stacked against him.

Otherwise he generally wins his battles. Often fucked up, but still won.
>>
>>158087663
He didn't have a power, so he focused on learning about heroes and villains, filling entire notebooks with not only observations but strategies, counter-strategies, speculation and tactics. That's a lot for a middleschooler who was fairly certain he didn't have a shot, but didn't want to let it go.

Given means he went at it full-throttle.

I got nothing really though on him not training all that much as a kid, but really I don't think he had a place to start.
>>
Just started reading this and it took me until c132 to start going full autism. Really interested in invisible girl now.

It all depends on how her invisibility actually manifests (if it works by bending light around her or it just goes straight through her) and if it can be de-activated. If it's the former then her being a hero is too dangerous. What if she was knocked unconscious, how would anyone ever find her? Are her blood and organs invisible too? (They must be, if light goes right through her.) If so, if she ever needed surgery or serious medical help she would be pretty screwed, since nobody would be able to operate on her. How would she ever get an x-ray, or go to the dentist, or cut her nails,

The questions just don't stop. Can she see herself? How? If not how does she cut her nails, or put on clothes properly, or do anything? I feel like that would seriously fuck up your sense of balance or something. Why don't we see her stomach contents floating around inside her? If she got pregnant, would we see the developing fetus?

Fucking shounens, man.
>>
>>158087723
It's not that we don't get it, sweetheart, it's that we disagree with it.
>>
>>158088210
I accidentally a few words there but you get the point. Invisibility is just an insanely dangerous power if you can't disable it. Thinking about this also got me thinking about how broken some of the other characters are but right now Hagakure is the focus.
>>
>>158088210
An omake with her and Eraserhead would actually be nice.
>>
>>158088468
Fuck, I forgot about Eraserhead.

That alleviates some of the bigger concerns about her safety / not being able to find her but life still sounds like a bitch for an invisible girl.

Now I wanna see what she looks like visible
>>
>>158087949
>but really I don't think he had a place to start.
It's called the gym.
>>
>>158088633
Don't purposefully misunderstand me. Figuratively.

Why aren't you a hero anon?
>>
>>158088633
It's pretty much confirmed that quirks boost people's physical strength even if it's not an enhance type quirk.

Even if he was hitting the gym (as freaking middle schooler) he wouldn't be as strong as the other kids his age.
>>
>make Mirio OfA successor
>next successor has to learn how to control the ridiculous strength and how to deal with losing your senses when phasing
>>
>>158090228
Fucking hell, I though we were over this stupid shit. OfA does not absorb quirks, just physical power.
>>
>>158086192
But I thought he was supposed to be smart strategist insert-kun. Even AM said you can't save everybody and the story is suggesting the idea of having multiple symbols of peace.
>>
File: DBfStIoUQAAd9eQ.jpg (139KB, 747x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DBfStIoUQAAd9eQ.jpg
139KB, 747x1200px
>>158084525
Draw more Toga!
>>
Purity of heart is such a shitty meme, it instantly destroys my suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>158084970

Disagree. All Might saw strength of character and an Hero Will on Deku, he decided he was the right sucesor not only to his power but for his will, and that's up to him to decide.

We might think One for All would work better with Tintin, but it might be possible that his two powers wouldn't match up as well, given how much work keeping his own power working properly seems to be.
>>
>>158088810
What point are you trying to make? He "figuratively" didn't have a place to start? He wanted to be a hero and yet he enver actually attempted to be one, sure training his body might've proven useless but it was still a step more in the right direction.

>>158089268
>It's pretty much confirmed that quirks boost people's physical strength even if it's not an enhance type quirk.
Are you sure this isn't just a setting like Naruto/OP where humans who train are just naturally stronger than real people from the real reality? I haven't read the spin-off but I heard it's about a quirkless vigilante who fight people with quirks
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.