[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: tenchi_muyo_logo-e1431028417754.jpg (143KB, 1200x711px) Image search: [Google]
tenchi_muyo_logo-e1431028417754.jpg
143KB, 1200x711px
What the FUCK went wrong?
>>
>>158055637
My life I guess
>>
>>158055637
It had a good OP and ryoko made the series.
it was rushed because the director had to fit 24 episodes worth of content into a six episode OVA because he got fucked by the contractors.
>>
Everyone decided they wanted Cute Girls Doing Cute things. And Best Girl Ryoko, while definitely cute, doesn't fit into that definition of Cute.
>>
>>158055637
YOU CAAAN'T BE A HERO HIDING UNDERNEATH YOUR BED~
>>
Are you talking about the current OVA?

It is not bad IMO, not amazing but a lot better than 3 and that shit mini series.
>>
File: Ayeka hardhat.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ayeka hardhat.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>158055637

The creator and director was a complete nut job who was more in love with his universe than he was actually developing story, characters and relationships.

Nothing fucking happens in the OVA setting and it's boring. Fuck even for as retarded as Tokyo was the characters where doing shit. Dumb shit but they stuff still happened. There where goals there where stakes and challenges, events happened that forced the characters to react in ways that developed in a narrative.

In the OVA they just bum around the Masaki house till a threat shows up in the last episode but until then it's all someone's second cousin on their mother's side twice removed hermaphrodite aunt
>>
File: Consider the Following.jpg (69KB, 718x718px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the Following.jpg
69KB, 718x718px
What if someone took all the good parts out of all the Tenchi Muyo series and spliced them together into once decent series?
>>
>>158055637
>What the FUCK went wrong?

The clusterfuck known as OVA 3. Although OVA 4 isn't faring much better with everyone sitting around and talking, and a new woman being added who wants Tenchi apparently. It's getting old.

>>158059274
>the characters were doing shit
I hate Tenchi in Tokyo (I prefer the OVAs and Tenchi Universe) but I have to agree with you here.

>>158059765
I would watch it. I'm pretty sure most people here were.
>>
>>158060186
>I'm pretty sure most people here would

Is what I meant to say.
>>
Speaking of which, has anyone else here watched the third episode of the 4th OVA series yet? I'm downloading it now. I don't know why I'm getting my hopes up but I just have to know how it ends.
>>
>>158059274
There's pretty much nothing he can throw at the main OVA continuity at this point without going full bullshit, all that's left is way too much politics and not enough romance, comedy, and slice of life.

As much as I love the Kagato arc of the OVA, Universe as a whole just has a better balance and power scale, without 2-4 literal gods being around at all times. Couldn't stand how wacky Tokyo was, so I'll take your word on that one.
>>
>>158061105
>There's pretty much nothing he can throw at the main OVA continuity at this point without going full bullshit, all that's left is way too much politics and not enough romance, comedy, and slice of life.
There is a reason that Seina Yamada and Kenshi are the two getting attention now. Tenchi has reached the end of his personal development.
>>
>>158061105
>all that's left is way too much politics and not enough romance, comedy, and slice of life.

Well, there's always the doujin material to adapt, but then you'd kill the franchise.

>Couldn't stand how wacky Tokyo was
Really? I recall it not being wacky enough, though it's been a few years since I've seen it.
>>
>>158055637

GXP
>>
>>158055637
They stopped caring a decade beforehand and just churned out some random shit.
>>
>>158061105
>There's pretty much nothing he can throw at the main OVA continuity at this point without going full bullshit,

Im gonna call bullshit and point at the manga which builds off the OVA and has the gang going on cool space adventures AND still manages to find time for SOL hijinks

You can do A LOT and have it feel right, the problem is he just doesn't want to because that would mean spending less time jacking it to his family tree

seriously you should read this shit if you haven;t
>>
File: 041.jpg (286KB, 1081x1600px) Image search: [Google]
041.jpg
286KB, 1081x1600px
>>158055637
AIC's incompetence ruined the franchise.
>ova 1 and 2 are a success
>instead of green lighting ova 3 they decide to milk the series with spin-offs
>kajishima releases the true tenchi novels in the meantime
>once the well dried up they go back to kajishima and say they'll let him make another ova if he makes them a tv series
>he slaps together gxp with novel characters and fanfiction tier characters like tenchi's best friend seina and tenchi's cousin kiriko
>aic gives gxp anime to an incompetent director who butchers it so bad kajishima retcons it and launches a new novel series to fix it
>kajishima now has to tie ova 3 in with the true tenchi novels and gxp while introducing reia so he could tie in seikishi monogatari a new series he was trying to get made
>aic cuts the number of episodes ova 3 was supposed to have forcing a rushed ending and an info dump in the last episode
>isekai no seikishi monogatari gets made and released but flops due to being released pay per view instead of the traditional ova model
>aic gets sold to yakuza then bought back for much more than they sold it for
>meanwhile kajishima continues to release gxp novels which have become the primary tenchi series at this point
>aic somehow scams a city into funding a new tenchi series
>its 60 5 minute shorts
>it flops but the ratings for the first few episodes are high so they call up kajishima and tell him to make a new ova
>ova 4 is released and while not as successful as it was in its prime, manages to sell decent
>aic is already trying to milk it again by announcing a new pretty sammy series is in the works
>>
>>158059274
Ayeka is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>158065022
A lot of those space adventures are boring and take too long.
>>
>>158055637
Made by three people, take one out of the equation when it came time for the second OVA and while good wasn't as good, then take another out of the equation when it came time for the third and its shit, now let him continue doing what he did in 3 for 4 except even less shit happening and it remains shit. That's what.
>>
>>158060330
want to watch it subs or not but my normal search and google fu cant find it, where did you get it from?
>>
>>158059274
I still can't believe she dyed her hair purple.
>>
Nostalgia is what went wrong. I'll stand by the first two episodes of OVA1 but its mostly just nonsense from there on out.
>>
>>158055637
not enough action or focus on the universe it had established. Spent too much time on sol harem shit
>>
>>158055637
Kajishima ruined the series in the 3rd OVA
>>
>>158055637
>What the FUCK went wrong?
They did not make the manga canon.
>>
>>158055637
All of it
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.