[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Madoka have to lie to us? She said she can see the past,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1495859606751.jpg (1MB, 1400x990px) Image search: [Google]
1495859606751.jpg
1MB, 1400x990px
Why did Madoka have to lie to us? She said she can see the past, present, and future and can see everywhere yet she didn't see the events of rebellion. If she could see the future she would have seen what Homura did. If not then she could have mentioned something about not being able to see a certain time in the future.
>>
>>158033474
You want too much from baby's first faust.
>>
Homura blocked her omnivision.
>>
>>158033474
Homura magic
>>
Rebellion is only canon to itself. The series is a self contained story.
>>
>>158034225
You can think of the TV series as self-contained, but I think you need to include both the TV series and Rebellion as a canon if you want to include Rebellion at all.
>>
File: 1496271096528.jpg (71KB, 424x475px) Image search: [Google]
1496271096528.jpg
71KB, 424x475px
>>158034225
I literally watched Rebellion for the first time today. Liked it at first but everything after the GOAT Mami vs Homura battle just seemed kinda pretentious. Really wanted to like it but i think the series works better standalone
>>
>>158034296
You need prior knowledge of the series, for sure. But if there is a plot conflict between the series and movie, like the OP said, it's safe to say Rebellion comes after a series of events SIMILAR to the series, but with whatever changes are required to make the movie fit
>>
>>158034324
It's pretty solid but compared to the series it's nothing. I love watching it, but I will never look at it beyond something other than a side story.
>>
>>158034365
I don't think we need to start inventing alternate timelines. In the case of such a discrepancy, it's either a) Madoka / the writer didn't mean it literally or b) it was an oversight.
>>
File: 1496328244750.png (585KB, 665x831px) Image search: [Google]
1496328244750.png
585KB, 665x831px
>>158034395
That makes sense. It's just weird to me cause i dont watch a ton of anime and read somewhere on 4chan that the movie was great so I actually watched the series to get to the film and ended up feeling completely happy and satisfied by the end of episode 12
>>
>>158034507
People who say Rebellion is better are just memers. It's great, sure, but it's not even worth mentioning until after the series.
>>
>>158034609
People are allowed to have different opinions, bud.
>>
File: $hinbo.jpg (53KB, 498x380px) Image search: [Google]
$hinbo.jpg
53KB, 498x380px
>>158033474
$hinbo is impotent to make a good plot. He just wants a sensational device for money. That's why Madoka franchise had a bunch of contradictions.
>>
Homura and her damn magic.
>>
>>158033623
>>158034210
>>158037011
Why don't people understand you three?
>>
>>158033474
She could see the past, present, and future right up until the point where she remade the universe and became enshrined as a concept.
>>
>>158034324
Rebellion gets a lot better as you think more about it. I actually hated it after first watching, and while the series and its ending is still irreplaceable for me I think Rebellion itself is a very good movie. Now that you know the story takes place inside Homura's witch barrier and is shaped by her subconscious mind, you can see that the entire movie, symbolism and all, is a character study of Homura and explains why she does what she does in the ending.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.