[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is No Bowl in Romcoms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: white shota.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
white shota.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
Authors write stories that have the elements of a harem romcom. There is a boy (often a dense motherfucker), the "winner" and several other girls. However, the author reveals that the other girls are just bait and there's no competition whatsoever—the winner has been considered from the very beginning and no amount of effort from the other girls will make the MC turn their way.

Well, where's the fun in that? I want to see all the haremettes to be just as threatening as the main girl. Introducing all those girls (who might as well be boys who are just window dressing anyway) just to make them irrelevant to the story is a massive waste.

We need a more romantically competitive cast in romcoms. The age of the undisputed champion must end.
>>
>>158015109
Well, looks like everyone is willing to be manipulated by the author into following The One True Girl.
>>
In literally every other medium, romcoms are treated like trash
Why does /a/ have such an erection for them in anime
>>
>>158015871
Treated like trash and handled like trash.
Even some authors can't conclude their romcoms right, like Haganai where the story, with all the pussy laid out for Kodaka to ravage, fell back to a friendship end.

I only watch romcoms for the competition. It's exciting to see how much a girl would do to get that neutron star to notice her (as long as it doesn't border on manslaughter). If that competitive spirit is taken out in favor of a more decisive story of one pair's development into a couple while the rest of the girls are just audience, it becomes as uninteresting as watching a speedrun.
>>
>>158015109
Every time this gets brought up, I have flashbacks to that awful magic mirror manga where everyone in the entire world agreed that the side girl was vastly superior and the main girl had a personality like chewed paper. And then the side girl still lost because of complete bullshit.
>>
>>158015109
I want a harem show that portrays how fucking catty & vicious girls are when pursuing the same boy.

Too many manga go for straight masculine violent edginess instead of the insidious, psychological, utterly malevolent tactics of a female bent on the mental & emotional devastation of another girl with no evidence but a smirking bitch and her suicidal victim.
>>
>>158015109
I miss Koko.
>>
>>158016301
What's the point of a harem where all the haremettes are unlikeable 3DPD whores?
>>
>>158016398
I'm a sadist
>>
>>158016398
Considering that some haremettes can be unlikeable 2DPD whores, I don't think anything would change. It'd take it over seeing girls do anything only to be pushed aside effortlessly by the main girl by just a wink and a nudge. (Obviously, I'm talking about Saekano.)
>>
I'm not really into Oreimo, but fuck if Manami's punch against Kirino wasn't cathartic in any way.
>>
>>158016301
I honestly like the violent resolutions more because I feel it's a better alternative than the more realistic option. I literally think being butchered is more humane.
>>
>>158018033
Character deaths are boring.
>>
>>158018130
Well that's like, your opinion, man.
>>
>>158018214
Catfights are my limit, and those already border on unsightly melodrama. Girls outright killing each other just shatters my immersion.

"Why don't you just live better lives without Mr. Neutron Star? You girls are wasting your time on this shitstain."
>>
>>158018393
>"Why don't you just live better lives without Mr. Neutron Star? You girls are wasting your time on this shitstain."
A fair point. Herbivore beta male motherfucks have systematically ruined anime, or at least /a/, for me.
>>
>>158018564
The shitty stories that set up these harems enrage me more, as well as the authors that think that those ideas must be worth anything.
>>
>>158018755
What makes me even madder is that the Japs eat this shit up. To quote Plinkett, "Imaginations don't work like that.". It's like having a walking void as a character. It might not bother me as much if said character archetype didn't suck up so much screen time doing fuck all besides being as inhumanly bland as possible.
>>
>>158016398
By not being a self-inserting faggot, you might experience excitement and awe at these girls pulling keikaku doori all over the story.
>>
>>158019895
It's all for nothing if the girls aren't likeable because then you wouldn't be rooting for them.
>>
>>158020066
That didn't stop some people from shipping anyway.
>>
>>158015871
Cute girls.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.