[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever watched an anime that made you reevaluate your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Have you ever watched an anime that made you reevaluate your life, namely if you were doing the right thing or not?
I think this did to me. I stopped around the 3rd episode and it hit me what a shitty, over-saturated, quality barren wasteland anime has become. But most of all I was disgusted that I was watching this shit. I mean I like ecchi, but I realized that I must be fucking retarded to spend time watching this.

Anyone else get that?
>>
>>157976957
Nah, you just have shit taste and can't enjoy the masterpiece that is Keijo.
>>
>>157976957

Yeah, but not with this show. This show was great.

Maya best girl
>>
>>157976957
Yes, the dark comedy with the smelly girl.
>>
>>157976957
I actually unironically liked Keijo. It was surprisingly low on fanservice. Felt a lot like your average sports anime (but with cute girls instead dudes.)
>>
>>157976957
nigga shut the fuck up and delete this thread. Fun to watch anime as opposed to all the boring ecchi garbage.
>>
>>157976957
Fuck you brainlet you just don't get the nuance, and subtle details
>>
>>157976957
When I was twelve I watched Air and it deeply changed my critical empathy skills.
>>
>>157976957
You missed the Gate of Bootylon. The Keijo anime was worth it for that moment alone.
Also it was so jam motherfucking packed with other great references I had to re-watch some episodes 2-3 times to catch them all.
I'm still convinced it was the AoTY.
>>
>>157976957
In truth I was disappointed that Keijo wasn't MORE smutty. It was a ridiculous sports show with one joke, that it took the ridiculous sport too seriously. After that wore off, you were left with bad fan service and opponents whose abilities were always introduced in the fight and new abilities introduced as the plot demanded. So the fights don't have any build up or proper planning put into their writing when this a show that would benefit from that format.
>>
>>157977010
>Keiflop
>>
Keijo was the best series in Sunday
>>
>>157976957
It could've been greater, but fucking Xeshit got it.
>>
>>157976957
>watching it for the ecchi or parodies
>missing the fights
pleb
>>
>>157976957
This isn't real ecchi. This is adaptation of the greatest sports manga of all time.
>>
>>157977163
>opponents whose abilities were always introduced in the fight
where are they supposed to be introduced, then? (also, that's not true for some characters)

>new abilities introduced as the plot demanded.
new abilities developed/revealed and used when the time and place to be used are right.

>So the fights don't have any build up
the players adapting to each other's abilities and characteristics and attempting to outplay each other isn't build up? How?
>>
Keijo might be the best shonen ever made and people despise it only because they can't see past the butts, it's a shame.
>>
>>157978325
Something like Souma or Haikyuu introduces enemy threats in lower stakes situations so they can build on their abilities and organically integrate spins of them past the heroes' initial expectations.
>>
>>157977217

>muh sales

And that's why you'll never enjoy the good things in life
>>
>>157978478
it has an unique setting, an unique MC who (along other characters) provides interesting fights and contrasts well with some other characters. I think that it would've been even better if it had more speculation fuel, and more emphasis on the players' psychological states during the matches, gameplans (Sayaka does manage her own stamina in her matches, or at least is shown doing it), movement/positioning choices and tension from footwork (the so-called footsies and zoning, in fighting games)
>>
Keijo *,715
>>
>>157977163
Keijo was better than the average fanservice anime because it knew when to use both aspects instead of being all fanservice and no substance.
>>
>>157978614
probably that's one reason why I like anime/manga like Akagi, the titular character does the intel gathering during the match while hiding information about his own playstyle when possible.
>>
>>157978843
now that I think about it, Akagi (the anime, not the manga) had no low stakes moment, ever. The one low stake moment in the manga (two, if you count him dealing with the 3 guys of the chicken gamble, low stake because even though his life was on the line, they were too little of a challenge compared to Ichikawa, who he would play against on that same night later) was probably meant to show a bit more of his character, and to write a side-character off.
>>
>>157978614
catching opponents unprepared would be more optimal (there's a term for this, in fighting games: wakarangoroshi). In fact, Rin could've very well won her match against Sayaka, if she didn't reveal her speed before it. Same for Maya, looking at how far her attacks can push someone back.
>>
was gonna post this in the "female MCs" thread but it got archived.

>it feels like she's out of her habitat in normal situations, so she looks a bit clueless
>her talent, however, lies in adapting herself to her poor upbringing; besides her ability as a gymnast, the abilities she had developed from being from a poor family carry over into her matches in interesting ways
>she's overly curious, spontaneous and insistent, which can sometimes annoy people around her
>she's creative, has a great range of which ideas she can come up with (from useful, to comical ones), though she doesn't always perceive the ideas that will help her solve a problem, or she has to choose among several possible ideas to attempt to solve it and doesn't have enough time to solve it
>she's perceptive, which combined with her curiosity and creativity, allow her to gather information that the majority of people wouldn't
>she's self-confident, able to put the above abilities in practice and trust in her own insights and decisions when most other people would prefer to play more "normally" and defensively, even though she's the one who've formed and revised her own gameplan; it could be said that other players would be aiming to "survive", while she's aiming to win.
>she's persistent and tough, but more importantly, she manages her physical resources well instead of relying on hotbloodedness
>her family and close friends are the real treasures to her, she wouldn't spare efforts for their sake, going through great lenghts for them
>>
>>157976957
>Keijo
>Ecchi
there is your problem pal, this wasn't meant to be ecchi
>>
>>157976957
Paid more attention to fights and characters, but I guess you can only think with your dick.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.