[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you deal with post-anime depression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1481430107622.jpg (62KB, 444x563px) Image search: [Google]
1481430107622.jpg
62KB, 444x563px
how do you deal with post-anime depression?
>>
more anime
>>
By never watching the last episode.
>>
>>157967679
watch another series
>>
>>157967679
Suicide.
>>
>>157967736
I can confirm that this has been working for me.
>>
File: 1495760437377.gif (405KB, 540x432px) Image search: [Google]
1495760437377.gif
405KB, 540x432px
>>157967679
More anime to fill in the gap or finding a sliver of hope for a new season. Although realistically I try to focus on what life I have left.
>>
>>157967720
I honestly can't grasp why people do this
>>
>>157967679
Furious masturbation. It's how I deal with most problems in my life.
>>
Never watch anything good, so I don't get attached.
>>
Work on my backlog
also vodka
>>
By not being a faggot.
>>
File: 1410720060181.jpg (272KB, 594x800px) Image search: [Google]
1410720060181.jpg
272KB, 594x800px
>>157967679
The same way you deal with all depression. Keep going to distract yourself and before you know it the sweet release of death will embrace you.
>>
>>157967855
I don't do it on purpose, it just happens.
>>
>>157968061
Used to happen to me too, just dropped shows close to the end automatically. Watched legend of the legendary heroes with /a/ but didn't watch the last 3 episodes until last year.
>>
>>157967720
Only anime that I've watched the last episode of for any given season was Konosuba
>>
>>157967855
It's easy to grasp: they are retarded.
>>
File: space cowboy.png (242KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
space cowboy.png
242KB, 500x377px
By watching Cowboy Bebop. It's the first time I've had that sense of longing, post anime depression but I didn't get over it with bebop, it morphed into a love for the complete work and everything in it. Coming back to it reminds me of how wonderful the feeling you're talking about really is, and it lets me think about it and the cause calmly with a sense of nostalgia and not one of loss or bitterness. Which, I'm just now realizing, is sort of a major theme in Bebop. The main characters don't exactly deal with finishing an excellent anime, but you know what I mean. Memories of a better time can be bitter if you let them, but if you can move past that and let them rest in your heart you can grow as a person and not be weighed down by them.

Is that too gay?
>>
File: kms.jpg (26KB, 640x279px) Image search: [Google]
kms.jpg
26KB, 640x279px
>>157967679
I lie in my bed and let the despair wash over me until I fall asleep while crying. It generally takes me about 14 hours to wake up afterwards. Chances are I'll feel better tomorrow.

If I still feel depressed after waking up, I talk about said anime with people or self-reflect on why it hit me this hard. That night, I'll once again cry myself to sleep. I'll repeat this day if I don't feel good the next day, until I do.

Of course, it'll never go away completely. On several occasions, I've dreamt about something I've seen or read and wake up crying, or remember it during a particularly shitty day and burst into tears spontaneously.

It's been a few days since Oyasumi Punpun, and a few weeks since Byousoku 5 Centimeters, but they both still make me cry on a semi-regular basis.

I'm grateful, to be honest. Other than despair, the only thing I ever feel for more than a few seconds is lethargy. It's a worthless, garbage feeling. Depression is pretty much a period of relief at this point. So I cherish the pain and seek more of it every day.
>>
>>157967679
By crawling into a K-hole.
>>
>>157969794
It's gay, and worse, it's hypocritical because the act of being on /a/ is the opposite of doing what you said.
>>
>>157969999
nice numbers

But I like /a/ and everyone here. Makes me happy.
>>
>>157970187
faget
>>
>>157967679
I remind myself that it isnt a comic book that never ends, or a cartoon that ends without plot or closure
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.